- New release film reviews - August 28
- VIDEO: The Inbetweeners
- 'God looked after the whole thing'
- New release movie reviews - August 14
- Melbourne secures David Bowie exhibition
- Will Russia’s sanctions matter?
- These Final Hours: Zak Hilditch
- Jim's movie cheat sheet, Aug 1
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kim on 3AW Online Community GARAGE SALE- SATURDAY 30TH AUGUST 9.00-1.00. Huge moving house sale- we have formal dining setting & matching sideboard, ... more
- Doncaster Corps on 3AW Online Community Doncaster Salvation Army is again hosting a wonderful musical experience at the 3rd Annual Salvo Festival of Community ... more
- Phil Jamonts on 3AW Online Community GARAGE SALE - Ferntree GullySat 23rd Aug 8am - 2pm1/9 Fitzgerald St, FTGElectrical Contractor going out of buisnees. Many ... more
- sylvia on 'Once My Mother' - Sophia Turkiewicz I've just watched the movie in the cinema, it was a very well told story that brought me to tears. Haven't seen such a good ... more
- Anita Payne on 3AW Online Community â??Spring Art & Craft Exhibitionâ??Highlands Retirement Village in Craigieburn, Victoria are holding an Art & Craft ... more
- Suzie Martens on 3AW Online Community Brighton Theatre CompanyNew play...Chilling and Killing of Annabel Lee...from 21 August to 6 September. Book online: ... more
- Gael Tomamichel on 3AW Online Community Garage SaleSaturday 16th August15 Helen St Frankston9am til 3pm no early callersWe are downsizingHousehold goods, sporting ... more
- Kyra Fennell on 3AW Online Community Garage Sale. 17 Bradford Avenue Greenvale, 3059.Saturday 16th of August. 9am-3pm.Clothing, kitchen appliances, outdoor ... more
- Kyra Fennell on 3AW Online Community Garage Sale.Saturday 16th of August9am-3pm.Clothing, household appliances, outdoor furniture and more. more
- Chris Padley on Critical Incident Response Team Congratulations on a different way of dealing with these situations. I as a Psych Nurse in an acute Psychiatric Unit ... more
- Aj on Eatery denies racial profiling claims On 8th Feb this year, Il Dom promoted Indigenous culture on their Facebook page. Not long after, promoted West African ... more
- Helen Tyack on Eatery denies racial profiling claims This girl is doing her best to try to destroy a business, based on assumptions, not evidence. The Facebook page is pure ... more
- Blake on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My Local chineese restaurant wouldn't take my order at 5pm. They open at 6pm but surely they were being racist to me because ... more
- Jester4212 on Eatery denies racial profiling claims Tabbi Teklemariam is obviously out on some kind of vendetta. Total overreaction to situation. Especially playing the race ... more
- Nick on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My local Chinese restaurant wouldn't take my order at midnight the other night. surely it's a case of racism. What else ... more
- mylene on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' If you point a camera at most people they couldn't even remember their name let alone explain complex political policies. ... more
- Gloria on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' Yes, watched Mikes' sessions with these Nuff Nuffs, hard to believe that there is so many gullible people out there that ... more
- Big Al on Jim's Cheat Sheet - May 23 Some films are so good that a sequel can never enhance, only detract. I hope that "Blade Runner" is left alone so we can ... more
- Factsseeker on Labor pledges domestic violence inquiry Every male policemen in Victoria knows what world statistics now show, that women are just as violent as men when it comes ... more
- mylene on WRAP: The 'good and bad' budget Doesn't effect me in the slightest and I'm the $80K+, single Labor voter that the coalition hates. Better luck next time, ... more
The apology a father of two Church abuse victims would have liked to hear from Cardinal Pell
The father of two girls who were raped by a Catholic priest says Sydney Archbishop George Pell’s apology message to victims of Church sexual abuse was ‘just more spin’.
Speaking with Nick McCallum, Anthony Foster whose two daughters who were raped by notorious paedophile, Father Kevin O'Donnell, instead said Pell should have made a pledge to change the culture of the Church and the structure which has enabled secrecy to manifest.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Do you think Cardinal George Pell's apology was sincere? Comment below
”I would have liked to have heard George Pell (say) he will set in motion changes and requests to government, changes within the church that will give victims true justice, true access to the wealth of the Church,”he said.
”(I would have liked to have heard) they would be contrite and accept whatever recommendations that come from government and that they would not hide behind legal barriers anymore, and that they would become true equal corporate citizens in this country.”
Pell, in his video Christmas message which contained the apology, instead said: “I'm deeply sorry this has happened. It's completely contrary to Christ's teachings and I feel too the shock and shame across the community of these revelations of wrongdoing and crimes.”
Nick McCallum said Pell’s words fell a long way short of an apology, and were more likely to cause infuriation among victims.
Anthony Foster’s two daughters fell victims to Fr O’Donnell when they were in primary school. His daughter, Emma, passed away following a medication overdose. Katie, who became a binge drinker, was hit by a drunk driver in 1999 and was left physically and mentally disabled.
Mr Foster said until he sees real action from the Catholic Church, Pell’s comments will be regarded as nothing has changed.
”My gut reaction was that it was just more spin, more robotic words from George Pell,” he said.
”These words make no difference because, as I say, they're just the same old words that we've heard time and time again.”
LISTEN: Anthony Foster speaks with Nick McCallum:
No, @Vice Pope Eric etc, Mr Abbott has already put his stamp of approval on the enquiry, he too wants all the perpetrators brought to true justice. Although with the name 'Vice Pope Eric, the #2 Man at The Vatican' I think you are probalby having a lend of us.Gloria Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 7:31 PM
Thanks jgl, yes all the brain washed catholic followers should wake up to the reality that paedophilia and child molestation practiced by catholic clergy is 70% more than in other institutions and is not such a rare occurrance. Paid out millions in compensation? To the filthy rich catholic church money is nothing, there is nothing that can compensate for the damage they have done to those children and their families. Some of the victims have taken their lives because the families could not believe that their priest could do such evil things and blamed the kids. Evil is too kind a word for these filthy predators.Willow Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 7:12 PM
Half harted Too little/Too late Who Cares ?
The Royal Commision must continue & the guilty punished.Dominic Lombardo Wednesday 26 December, 2012 - 4:20 PM
@Patrick Boyle; To paraphrase.There are none so gullible as those who are easily led.I refer of course,in this case,to the tone deaf catholic cheer leaders out there.Some of which you would include in your immediate circle of friends...No doubt.jgl Melb Wednesday 26 December, 2012 - 3:58 PM
Let's hope when Tony Abbott becomes Prime Ministers he'll end this witch hunt before it goes any further.Vice Pope Erik, the #2 Man at The Vatican Wednesday 26 December, 2012 - 3:43 PM
If, and when, Pell gives a sincere apology for the way the heirarchy of the Catholic church have ignored their "Duty of Care" towards the children their priests have violated; also apologising for their lack of action towards the violators; I will then believe they are no longer the hypocrites that they currently are. In the meantime, Pell should sack his "spin merchants". His speech was an insult to those who have suffered.David T. Wednesday 26 December, 2012 - 1:10 PM