- Jim's movie cheat sheet - August 29
- New release film reviews - August 28
- VIDEO: The Inbetweeners
- 'God looked after the whole thing'
- New release movie reviews - August 14
- Melbourne secures David Bowie exhibition
- Will Russia’s sanctions matter?
- These Final Hours: Zak Hilditch
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kim on 3AW Online Community GARAGE SALE- SATURDAY 30TH AUGUST 9.00-1.00. Huge moving house sale- we have formal dining setting & matching sideboard, ... more
- Doncaster Corps on 3AW Online Community Doncaster Salvation Army is again hosting a wonderful musical experience at the 3rd Annual Salvo Festival of Community ... more
- Phil Jamonts on 3AW Online Community GARAGE SALE - Ferntree GullySat 23rd Aug 8am - 2pm1/9 Fitzgerald St, FTGElectrical Contractor going out of buisnees. Many ... more
- sylvia on 'Once My Mother' - Sophia Turkiewicz I've just watched the movie in the cinema, it was a very well told story that brought me to tears. Haven't seen such a good ... more
- Anita Payne on 3AW Online Community â??Spring Art & Craft Exhibitionâ??Highlands Retirement Village in Craigieburn, Victoria are holding an Art & Craft ... more
- Suzie Martens on 3AW Online Community Brighton Theatre CompanyNew play...Chilling and Killing of Annabel Lee...from 21 August to 6 September. Book online: ... more
- Gael Tomamichel on 3AW Online Community Garage SaleSaturday 16th August15 Helen St Frankston9am til 3pm no early callersWe are downsizingHousehold goods, sporting ... more
- Kyra Fennell on 3AW Online Community Garage Sale. 17 Bradford Avenue Greenvale, 3059.Saturday 16th of August. 9am-3pm.Clothing, kitchen appliances, outdoor ... more
- Kyra Fennell on 3AW Online Community Garage Sale.Saturday 16th of August9am-3pm.Clothing, household appliances, outdoor furniture and more. more
- Chris Padley on Critical Incident Response Team Congratulations on a different way of dealing with these situations. I as a Psych Nurse in an acute Psychiatric Unit ... more
- Aj on Eatery denies racial profiling claims On 8th Feb this year, Il Dom promoted Indigenous culture on their Facebook page. Not long after, promoted West African ... more
- Helen Tyack on Eatery denies racial profiling claims This girl is doing her best to try to destroy a business, based on assumptions, not evidence. The Facebook page is pure ... more
- Blake on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My Local chineese restaurant wouldn't take my order at 5pm. They open at 6pm but surely they were being racist to me because ... more
- Jester4212 on Eatery denies racial profiling claims Tabbi Teklemariam is obviously out on some kind of vendetta. Total overreaction to situation. Especially playing the race ... more
- Nick on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My local Chinese restaurant wouldn't take my order at midnight the other night. surely it's a case of racism. What else ... more
- mylene on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' If you point a camera at most people they couldn't even remember their name let alone explain complex political policies. ... more
- Gloria on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' Yes, watched Mikes' sessions with these Nuff Nuffs, hard to believe that there is so many gullible people out there that ... more
- Big Al on Jim's Cheat Sheet - May 23 Some films are so good that a sequel can never enhance, only detract. I hope that "Blade Runner" is left alone so we can ... more
- Factsseeker on Labor pledges domestic violence inquiry Every male policemen in Victoria knows what world statistics now show, that women are just as violent as men when it comes ... more
- mylene on WRAP: The 'good and bad' budget Doesn't effect me in the slightest and I'm the $80K+, single Labor voter that the coalition hates. Better luck next time, ... more
Vale Paul Barber
Photo: Paul Barber with Derryn Hinch. (Keith McGowan)
Former 3AW presenter and producer for Derryn Hinch has passed away at the age of 67 after battling esophageal cancer.
Paul trained to be a priest in his native New Zealand before switching to journalism. He started at 3AW as Derryn Hinch's producer in the late 1970s, before taking to the drive-time announcer's chair.
Paul's cancer had spread to his pancreas and liver. Derryn Hinch said he admired the way he 'pragmatically' handled the disease.
Last month, when announcing his great friend was battling cancer, Derryn Hinch said Paul formed part of the 'travelling trio' along with 3AW Weekend presenter, Darren James.
"Paul Barber was my producer in my early days doing the Morning program here on 3AW," he said.
"We brought you reports from Africa, London, New York, Beijing and even from the Great Wall of China. Also worked on the early days of the HINCH program on 7. Top bloke."
Sad news. Great mate Paul Barber died a short time ago. Thoughts with his NZ family and Oz family: Darren, Kathy, MJ and Alice James.— Derryn Hinch (@HumanHeadline) November 9, 2012
Broadcaster Paul Barber died early tonight. Former ABC, 3AW. Recent years Dept.of Education. Great attitude to life right to the end.— Derryn Hinch (@HumanHeadline) November 9, 2012
Paul was embraced by many including our family not long after his arrival in Oz from NZ in the early 70's. As a kid I recall him proudly wearing his "It's Time" badge and campaigning in Elwood for his preferred political party.
Ever since, he has been a rock - the very thought of which to be to him would be a big chuckle! Stable, passionate about his causes, laughing, grumpy and involved.
There for our (too numerous) weddings, family gatherings, highs and lows. Just always there.
Too few people are passionate about things and Paul's legacy is just that.
Will cheer for him when Collingwood kick their first goal next year (and when Tiger start flying to Bali!)Paul Lucas Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 12:53 PM
Paul had many lives and so many friends. About 15 years ago, after 3AW, he spent two years training radio journos and presenters in Vietnam. One of my favorite memories is of him standing in a street in Hanoi when I joined him on his first trip back several years later. He was so happy there and much loved by his former colleagues. He was a great friend, and a great man.Andria Monday 12 November, 2012 - 9:06 PM
Dear Paul, I remember fondly back in those days we would drive out to your beautiful forest hideaway and share some red and many great stories. Fabulous sense of humour and a great intelligence and was oft known as Boutros Boutros Barber.Pauline Kaufman Monday 12 November, 2012 - 6:02 PM
Very sad to hear of Paul's passing. A man of great professionalism and always stuck to his opinion. We had great times together at 3AW and enjoyed his drive-time work on the ABC. Importantly, he was a big contributor to the medium of radio as a producer and presenter. A very honest and fair person. Remembered too for his work in training corporate leaders to manage media interviews and holding MBA students spellbound at Deakin University. Paul, I will miss your sound and your smile.Ross Campbell Monday 12 November, 2012 - 2:33 PM
I'll always remember Paul and my folks discussing / arguing politics around a bbq and drinking red wine. Their continual laughter always made us feel comfortable as kids.
I only hope for Pauls sake that in heaven there is politics, and a Collingwood football team.Ben Frawley Monday 12 November, 2012 - 10:17 AM
I had prepared a little note to you Paul when I heard you were so ill, but it didn't reach you in time.
You were a wonderful example of the great intellectual joy of having a disagreement with an inteligent person.
We loved you and will miss you.Fran & Michael Pointer Monday 12 November, 2012 - 8:53 AM