- Miranda Otto: Reaching for the part
- Jim's movie cheat sheet, July 22
- Not your average long-haul trip
- Top 10 classroom classics
- Schepisi talks 'Words and Pictures'
- New release movie reviews, July 17
- 'I think jail saved his life'
- Jim's movie cheat sheet - July 10
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Aj on Eatery denies racial profiling claims On 8th Feb this year, Il Dom promoted Indigenous culture on their Facebook page. Not long after, promoted West African ... more
- Helen Tyack on Eatery denies racial profiling claims This girl is doing her best to try to destroy a business, based on assumptions, not evidence. The Facebook page is pure ... more
- Blake on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My Local chineese restaurant wouldn't take my order at 5pm. They open at 6pm but surely they were being racist to me because ... more
- Jester4212 on Eatery denies racial profiling claims Tabbi Teklemariam is obviously out on some kind of vendetta. Total overreaction to situation. Especially playing the race ... more
- Nick on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My local Chinese restaurant wouldn't take my order at midnight the other night. surely it's a case of racism. What else ... more
- mylene on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' If you point a camera at most people they couldn't even remember their name let alone explain complex political policies. ... more
- Gloria on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' Yes, watched Mikes' sessions with these Nuff Nuffs, hard to believe that there is so many gullible people out there that ... more
- Big Al on Jim's Cheat Sheet - May 23 Some films are so good that a sequel can never enhance, only detract. I hope that "Blade Runner" is left alone so we can ... more
- Factsseeker on Labor pledges domestic violence inquiry Every male policemen in Victoria knows what world statistics now show, that women are just as violent as men when it comes ... more
- mylene on WRAP: The 'good and bad' budget Doesn't effect me in the slightest and I'm the $80K+, single Labor voter that the coalition hates. Better luck next time, ... more
- Matt on WRAP: The 'good and bad' budget We have had our 6th child 4 days ago and have budgeted well for however we did not expect Abbott to lie so badly. As a ... more
- Os on WRAP: The 'good and bad' budget Hi,I just want someone to answer me what is going to happen to those people live overseas and get disability pension. I ... more
- Mick Wood on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Well, if you can't get in by boat..... more
- Nicholas on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Whatever the inhabitants of that thing are they're surely motion sick more
- Lynsey on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Pity you were using your iPhone (asper conversation on the radio). I have a camera on the raedy by my side in the car now ... more
- the serial pest on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Mmmm...dogs barking. Crickets chirping. A fleck in the sky. Sounds like a Fawkner family's been into some backyard moonshine. more
- tracy on UFO sighting in Fawkner? bulltwang first its moving not so fast across the sky and then its stays still not way up in the sky but about human height ... more
- Graeme on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Shared on Facebook Melbourne UFO group more
- james mason on 'I just want a beer with my mates' political correctness ????Sad day for our nation that cant even trust our proud men and woman of our defence force to have a ... more
- Steve on 'I just want a beer with my mates' BIGGEST AMOUNT OF BULL TISH I HAVE EVER HEARD. BEING EX SERVICE IT WAS AN HONOUR TO WEAR MY UNIFORM AND HAVE A FEW DRINKS ... more
VIDEO: Melbourne fire fighter proposes to girlfriend at graduation ceremony
A Melbourne fire fighter last week chose his recruitment graduation ceremony as the time to propose to his girlfriend of seven years.
In a first for the Metropolitan Fire Brigade, James Kemp, dropped to his knee and asked Cortie Collier to be his bride in front of an adoring crowd.
"It almost didn’t happen as it started to rain midway through the ceremony and she had to run into the undercover of the fire engine bay," a spokesperson for the MFB said.
"Luckily the sun came back out and one of our Station Officers managed to sneakily convince her to move back to her seat in the front row of the grand stand for the end of the display that the firefighters were putting on for friends and family."
James and his fellow recruit firefighters had been in on the secret for months.