- Seven announces new weather girl
- Child sex abuse allegation
- School stabbing leaves girl in custody
- Melbourne tennis coach missing in New Zealand
- Mother fights police over under-age parties
- Taxi drivers' abuse incidents revealed
- Fuel dockets cut
- Holden planning to leave Australia
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Willow on Holden planning to leave Australia @Craig you are very wrong, I am a 73 year old single female pensioner and was retrenched at 71 because of a downturn in the ... more
- mylene on Holden planning to leave Australia If people would work for food and lodgings instead of expecting wages all our troubles would be over ;) more
- Martin - Thailand on Holden planning to leave Australia Australia won't be making anything soon and it is slowly sinking down the toilet. The country has had it and god only knows ... more
- Gloss on Man charged with murder over Mosque ... @carole, it was reasonable to ask the racist question because it was at/near a mosque. I believe the question was asked ... more
- nik on Fuel dockets cut The government should cut the fuel tax for petrol stations with out dockets by 4 cents more
- Nik on Holden planning to leave Australia WHAT ABOUT THE E85 COMMODORE make that fuel cheap but NO Gillard allowed shell to close ethanol pumps.FORD what about strait ... more
- Samuel J on HSU unable to pay The HSU cannot pay out the boofhead Thomson because it has been robbed and indeed rorted of its funding contributed by the ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Holden planning to leave Australia What has the Unions' Supreme Knucklehead in the personage of Paul Howes have to say about the demise of most manufacturing ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Holden planning to leave Australia Let Holden go last time the Government gave millions of dollars to Ford and they are still going to leave Australia. more
- Colin Lacivita on Fuel dockets cut What's to stop petrol stations continuing putting up the price of fuel and now we only get 4 cents off. How is that better ... more
- mylene on Holden planning to leave Australia Pretty sure if Australia can't afford a national airline or a car industry State Governments will be the next to go. Time to ... more
- Mighty mick on Holden planning to leave Australia Any one that blames solely the unions and the so called high wages is a narrow minded fool who can't see the bigger picture! ... more
- David T. on HSU unable to pay Wow, didn't Labor do a good job when they chose Thomson for a representative? I guess though, that it is only part of a ... more
- David T. on Camilleri given another 28 years I hope this means that when he dies in prison, his corpse will be placed in a very small prison cell (with ants and rats) ... more
- David T. on Holden planning to leave Australia So what do we expect? General Motors in the U.S. is in trouble, so they couldn't give a damn about GMH unless they could get ... more
- Craig on Fuel dockets cut ACCC should never have approved these dockets in the first place....Now we have no independent servers stations any ... more
- PJ on Holden planning to leave Australia Australians have made it clear by their buying habits, they don't care about buying cars made here, they want the best ... more
- Craig on Holden planning to leave Australia @Willow @Graeme @Steve I take it you guys are on $16.37 an Hour Min Wage...bet not..I would say you are on a good wage and ... more
- Adam on Man charged with murder over Mosque ... Its got nothing to do with being Broady, Dallas or racism. The truth is the problem we have in our society with drugs and ... more
- Christine on Fuel dockets cut I suggest everyone shops at a supermarket other than Coles or Woolworths. These greedy, colluding bullies need to be taught ... more
Amy Winehouse dead at 27
WINEHOUSE FAMILY STATEMENT: "Our family has been left bereft by the loss of Amy, a wonderful daughter, sister, niece."
"She leaves a gaping hole in our lives. We are coming together to remember her and would appreciate some privacy and space at this terrible time."
3AW RADIO: Popular but troubled singer Amy Winehouse has died at the age of 27.
She was found dead in her north London home early on Sunday morning, Australian time.
Winehouse's father, Mitch, had recently admitted to the media he feared his daughter was headed for an early grave given her battles with alcohol and drug addiction.
"Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square shortly before 4:05 pm (1505 GMT) today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased," a police statement said.
"On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene."
"Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained."
Timeline of highlights from Amy Winehouse's career, along with personal low points:
- October 20, 2003: Winehouse releases debut album Frank.
- March 13, 2007: Winehouse releases second album Back to Black in the United States.
- May 18, 2007: Winehouse marries Blake Fielder-Civil in Miami.
- August 28, 2007: Winehouse's father-in-law tells a radio station that fans should stop buying her records to force her to seek help for a drug addiction.
- October 18, 2007: Winehouse and Fielder-Civil are arrested in Norway on charges of drug possession.
- December 18, 2007: Winehouse is arrested in London on suspicion of attempting to interfere with a court case involving her husband.
- January 23, 2008: Scotland Yard investigates a video released by a British tabloid, The Sun, that allegedly shows Winehouse smoking crack.
- January 24, 2008: Winehouse's US record label, Universal Music Group, announces the singer has entered rehab for drug addiction.
- February 10, 2008: Winehouse wins five Grammy Awards for Back to Black, including Best New Artist and Record of the Year. Due to visa application troubles, she performs by satellite from London during the awards show.
- June 16, 2008: Winehouse is taken to hospital after fainting in her home.
- July 21, 2008: Fielder-Civil is sentenced to 27 months in jail for assaulting a pub manager and obstructing justice.
- 2009: Winehouse creates her own record label, Lioness Records.
- July 24, 2009: Winehouse is acquitted of an assault charge that was based on allegations that she hit a fan in the eye in September 2008 after the woman asked to take her picture.
- December 23, 2009: London authorities announce Winehouse has been charged in connection with an assault at a British theatre.
- January 20, 2010: Winehouse pleads guilty to drunkenly assaulting a theatre manager at a family Christmas show and receives a conditional discharge on condition she stay out of trouble for two years.
- April 27, 2010: Winehouse is treated for bruised ribs at a London clinic after falling in her north London home.
- September 9, 2010: Quincy Jones says Winehouse is recording a song for his album.
- May 27, 2011: Winehouse checks into treatment program in London's Priory Clinic, which treats psychiatric problems as well as drug and alcohol addiction.
- June 2, 2011: Winehouse checks out of treatment program at London's Priory Clinic. Her spokesman says she will continue outpatient treatment at the clinic.
- June 18, 2011: Winehouse is jeered and booed while on stage in Belgrade after stumbling and seeming to forget lyrics to her songs.
- June 21, 2011: Winehouse cancels the rest of her European summer concert tour and all public performances after the Serbia concert.
- July 20, 2011: Winehouse joins her goddaughter, Dionne Bromfield, onstage at the iTunes Festival in London. Winehouse doesn't sing.
- July 23, 2011: Winehouse is found dead at age 27 at her home in north London's Camden area.
Constantly on the go? Want to know what's happening in your world? Let 3AW keep you up to speed with the aid of social facilitator Twitter. News, views and the most interactive Twitter feed in Australian media.
- Follow Neil on Twitter!
- Follow 'Human Headline'
- Ross and John on Twitter
- Brian Taylor on Twitter
- 3AW Football on Twitter
- Denis Walter on Twitter
- Dwayne Russell on Twitter
- Matt Richo on Twitter
- Heidi Murphy's State Politics
- Tony Tardio on Twitter
- Donna Demaio on Twitter
- Weekend Break on Twitter
- Mitchell's Producer Justin Smith
- Nicole Denton (Ruth Serum)
- Hinch's Producer Shannon Reid
- Simon Owens on Twitter
- Mitchell Program's Seb Costello
- Online Manager Ben Wise
Mark & Gary what a nasty spiteful callous excuse for human beings you both must be.
She was a talented woman, and obviously very troubled, and unfortunately obviously did not have the inner strength to cope.Jan Tuesday 26 July, 2011 - 2:41 PM
What a load of rubbish, the world needs less of these people. One hit wonder, alcohol and substance abuser in the extreme. Should young people look up to this kind of rubbish? If they're at the top of their game and hit the bottle and pills/needles, the industry & media must drop them, let them go and wast themselves out of the public spotlight. She didn't want help, let her go, good riddance.Mark Monday 25 July, 2011 - 8:49 PM
Im sorry but in my view she was a girl with a great voice but she certianly is not a great such as Hendrix etc!! far from it!alexas Monday 25 July, 2011 - 11:06 AM
Some of the greatest artists / talents of all time have been the most disturbed. History will remember her kindly, she can join the other great 27 year olds. Jim Morrison, Jimmy Hendrix, Janice Joplin, Kurt Kobain and Brian Jones.
R.I.P. Amy.Bill Monday 25 July, 2011 - 10:34 AM
Another selfish young person living life for no other purpose but to pleasure herself in any way and every way she could. An attractive young woman in 2005 and became an ugly reflection on the nasty side of rock and drugs!alexas Monday 25 July, 2011 - 9:20 AM
THIS,was bound to happen only a matter of when,what a waste of life and talent,will they ever learn>>..Steve Sunday 24 July, 2011 - 3:13 PM