- Essendon choose not to appeal against ASADA
- Body found after house fire
- Girl struck, in critical condition
- East-West Link virtual tour
- Fans livid at AFL ticket scalpers
- Medicare fraudster escapes jail term
- Girl, 8, dead in ride tragedy
- Students drove teacher into depression
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Toby Bushby on Cyclists targeted in city blitz Good. more
- Colin Lacivita on Daniher opens up about incurable disease Neale Daniher is a perfect example that you can be fit and obviously he wasn't obese and still end up very sick. I wish the ... more
- Jane on Concerns as kids struggle to write in ... Poppitt, so true. Kids don't know their times tables which is the basics for all maths. They have calculators from grade 1, ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Concerns as kids struggle to write in ... So we finally get a test that is more of an actual. I think it would be worse among high school students as you see so many ... more
- PH on Daniher opens up about incurable disease MND is an evil disease and I can only offer my best wishes to Neale and his family.By going public he will raise awareness ... more
- Aria Judilla on Concerns as kids struggle to write in ... Kids are too busy doing sport three or four times a week rather than learning to read or write. more
- acetrim on Daniher opens up about incurable disease As someone who watched a friend die of motor neurone disease i feel for neal & his family what else can you say stay strong more
- PH on Cyclists targeted in city blitz These fines are way too low and should come with demerit points off their licence.Also, it is time to use hoon laws against ... more
- chris on Cyclists targeted in city blitz finally some justice. !!! Enjoy your fines.. more
- poppitt on Concerns as kids struggle to write in ... We need to teach our children, to read, write, and count. Go back to basics. All these extra subjects in primary school are ... more
- Samuel J on Cyclists targeted in city blitz Long,long overdue indeed. And the grids they ride should be registered and display a number plate. more
- Josh on Concerns as kids struggle to write in ... This shouldn't come as a surprise as normally the schools coach the students prior to the naplan tests to get better ... more
- Gerard McWilliams on Robin Williams, 63, dies Depression is truly an evil condition and the loss of Robin once again shows how deadly it can be. more
- Philip Evans on Robin Williams, 63, dies a very funny man hiding behind a lot of sadness, he put a smile on so many faces. more
- Mandi on Robin Williams, 63, dies Im gutted this bloke was awsome and so talented my favourite movie One hour Photo. more
- Cheryl Skinner on Robin Williams, 63, dies My eyes are leaking copious amounts of salty stuff on the sad news of Robin Williams passing. Yet another legend gone R.I.P. more
- smt on Robin Williams, 63, dies So VERY VERY sad indeed I absolutely agree with Jill (at 10.01) VALE Robin we will miss your humour and brilliant mind more
- Jill on Robin Williams, 63, dies Instead of some of the rubbish that is shown on television these days, how about the channels doing a repeat on some of ... more
- Stephen on Robin Williams, 63, dies Thank you for making us laugh and at times cry. You will be missed and the world has been a better place for your tme with ... more
- Heather on Robin Williams, 63, dies Rest in peace beautiful man and thank you for all the laughter and wonderful movies which will be cherished! The world was ... more
Amy Winehouse dead at 27
WINEHOUSE FAMILY STATEMENT: "Our family has been left bereft by the loss of Amy, a wonderful daughter, sister, niece."
"She leaves a gaping hole in our lives. We are coming together to remember her and would appreciate some privacy and space at this terrible time."
3AW RADIO: Popular but troubled singer Amy Winehouse has died at the age of 27.
She was found dead in her north London home early on Sunday morning, Australian time.
Winehouse's father, Mitch, had recently admitted to the media he feared his daughter was headed for an early grave given her battles with alcohol and drug addiction.
"Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square shortly before 4:05 pm (1505 GMT) today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased," a police statement said.
"On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene."
"Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained."
Timeline of highlights from Amy Winehouse's career, along with personal low points:
- October 20, 2003: Winehouse releases debut album Frank.
- March 13, 2007: Winehouse releases second album Back to Black in the United States.
- May 18, 2007: Winehouse marries Blake Fielder-Civil in Miami.
- August 28, 2007: Winehouse's father-in-law tells a radio station that fans should stop buying her records to force her to seek help for a drug addiction.
- October 18, 2007: Winehouse and Fielder-Civil are arrested in Norway on charges of drug possession.
- December 18, 2007: Winehouse is arrested in London on suspicion of attempting to interfere with a court case involving her husband.
- January 23, 2008: Scotland Yard investigates a video released by a British tabloid, The Sun, that allegedly shows Winehouse smoking crack.
- January 24, 2008: Winehouse's US record label, Universal Music Group, announces the singer has entered rehab for drug addiction.
- February 10, 2008: Winehouse wins five Grammy Awards for Back to Black, including Best New Artist and Record of the Year. Due to visa application troubles, she performs by satellite from London during the awards show.
- June 16, 2008: Winehouse is taken to hospital after fainting in her home.
- July 21, 2008: Fielder-Civil is sentenced to 27 months in jail for assaulting a pub manager and obstructing justice.
- 2009: Winehouse creates her own record label, Lioness Records.
- July 24, 2009: Winehouse is acquitted of an assault charge that was based on allegations that she hit a fan in the eye in September 2008 after the woman asked to take her picture.
- December 23, 2009: London authorities announce Winehouse has been charged in connection with an assault at a British theatre.
- January 20, 2010: Winehouse pleads guilty to drunkenly assaulting a theatre manager at a family Christmas show and receives a conditional discharge on condition she stay out of trouble for two years.
- April 27, 2010: Winehouse is treated for bruised ribs at a London clinic after falling in her north London home.
- September 9, 2010: Quincy Jones says Winehouse is recording a song for his album.
- May 27, 2011: Winehouse checks into treatment program in London's Priory Clinic, which treats psychiatric problems as well as drug and alcohol addiction.
- June 2, 2011: Winehouse checks out of treatment program at London's Priory Clinic. Her spokesman says she will continue outpatient treatment at the clinic.
- June 18, 2011: Winehouse is jeered and booed while on stage in Belgrade after stumbling and seeming to forget lyrics to her songs.
- June 21, 2011: Winehouse cancels the rest of her European summer concert tour and all public performances after the Serbia concert.
- July 20, 2011: Winehouse joins her goddaughter, Dionne Bromfield, onstage at the iTunes Festival in London. Winehouse doesn't sing.
- July 23, 2011: Winehouse is found dead at age 27 at her home in north London's Camden area.
Constantly on the go? Want to know what's happening in your world? Let 3AW keep you up to speed with the aid of social facilitator Twitter. News, views and the most interactive Twitter feed in Australian media.
- Follow Neil on Twitter!
- Follow 'Human Headline'
- Ross and John on Twitter
- Brian Taylor on Twitter
- 3AW Football on Twitter
- Denis Walter on Twitter
- Dwayne Russell on Twitter
- Matt Richo on Twitter
- Heidi Murphy's State Politics
- Tony Tardio on Twitter
- Donna Demaio on Twitter
- Weekend Break on Twitter
- Mitchell's Producer Justin Smith
- Nicole Denton (Ruth Serum)
- Hinch's Producer Shannon Reid
- Simon Owens on Twitter
- Mitchell Program's Seb Costello
- Online Manager Ben Wise
Mark & Gary what a nasty spiteful callous excuse for human beings you both must be.
She was a talented woman, and obviously very troubled, and unfortunately obviously did not have the inner strength to cope.Jan Tuesday 26 July, 2011 - 2:41 PM
What a load of rubbish, the world needs less of these people. One hit wonder, alcohol and substance abuser in the extreme. Should young people look up to this kind of rubbish? If they're at the top of their game and hit the bottle and pills/needles, the industry & media must drop them, let them go and wast themselves out of the public spotlight. She didn't want help, let her go, good riddance.Mark Monday 25 July, 2011 - 8:49 PM
Im sorry but in my view she was a girl with a great voice but she certianly is not a great such as Hendrix etc!! far from it!alexas Monday 25 July, 2011 - 11:06 AM
Some of the greatest artists / talents of all time have been the most disturbed. History will remember her kindly, she can join the other great 27 year olds. Jim Morrison, Jimmy Hendrix, Janice Joplin, Kurt Kobain and Brian Jones.
R.I.P. Amy.Bill Monday 25 July, 2011 - 10:34 AM
Another selfish young person living life for no other purpose but to pleasure herself in any way and every way she could. An attractive young woman in 2005 and became an ugly reflection on the nasty side of rock and drugs!alexas Monday 25 July, 2011 - 9:20 AM
THIS,was bound to happen only a matter of when,what a waste of life and talent,will they ever learn>>..Steve Sunday 24 July, 2011 - 3:13 PM