- Birthday cards for Rafael
- Veteran cop says new speed policy is 'flawed'
- Long weekend road toll spike
- Bikies clean cash with car washes
- Police launch appeal over shooting
- Man arrested over drone drugs drop
- Possible debris spotted in sea
- Monash Fwy chaos after multi-car crash
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ash on Veteran cop says new speed policy is ... I drive at the speed limit and i have people tailgate me or fly past speeding and looking at you like why you driving so ... more
- Heather on Indonesia deports Australian reporters Good!! LEAVE THE GIRL IN PEACE! more
- Tony on Cameras ready to snap speeding drivers Yet another reason to never go to St.Kilda or the CBD. Too congested and controlled. more
- jj on Cameras ready to snap speeding drivers Speed limit should only apply to 4wheel drives and left lane only. They are dangerous like trucks more
- Aria Judilla on Cameras ready to snap speeding drivers @JC - so you think that there shouldn't be any speed limit in the CBD? Or if there is one, it shouldn't be policed (which is ... more
- Colin on Cameras ready to snap speeding drivers Where are these speed cameras coming from? This state government went to the election a couple of years ago screaming that ... more
- JC on Cameras ready to snap speeding drivers This is a wonderful 'road safety' initiative by the Victorian Government.The damage done to property and lives by these ... more
- Gazza on CityLink jobs to be sent offshore Abbott in jobs out,it's the liberal way.... more
- rob on CityLink jobs to be sent offshore Disgusting - Lets not use this FREE way more
- poppitt on Ex-bikie spared jail time wow. Jail would be too dangerous for him. more
- Docklands on Monorail airport link gains traction Cannot use SKYbus as it is Privatly owned.The Sydney Train to teh Airport is privatly owned.Once again Neil Mitchell fails more
- Andrew on Monorail airport link gains traction This will never be built because like most things in Australia there are vested interests involved. Airport car parking is ... more
- Ben on Monorail airport link gains traction Tokyo Haneda airport is linked to a semi major Tokyo rail station via a monorail (18 km journey taking about 20 minutes). ... more
- Wasted time on Monorail airport link gains traction Public transport to the airport is an embarrassment. Every other big city has got airport rail, but still we ignore it and ... more
- Gregory on Irishman caught snorkelling in NGV moat A live exhibition. I Thought the NGV would recognise that. more
- David T. on Irishman caught snorkelling in NGV moat Oh, I forgot. Qantas needs all the coin it can get. more
- David T. on Irishman caught snorkelling in NGV moat Wonder how much in coins he pulled out of the water? more
- Ivan@kinnane on Irishman caught snorkelling in NGV moat great stuff! A nice bit of humour around a dreary complex. more
- Michael on Irishman caught snorkelling in NGV moat Too much Guinness more
- Judy Hawker on Morwell residents should 'get out' I drove back to Melbourne from Sale last Sunday. The smoke was very thick and even though I had the fan and air con off and ... more
Amy Winehouse dead at 27
WINEHOUSE FAMILY STATEMENT: "Our family has been left bereft by the loss of Amy, a wonderful daughter, sister, niece."
"She leaves a gaping hole in our lives. We are coming together to remember her and would appreciate some privacy and space at this terrible time."
3AW RADIO: Popular but troubled singer Amy Winehouse has died at the age of 27.
She was found dead in her north London home early on Sunday morning, Australian time.
Winehouse's father, Mitch, had recently admitted to the media he feared his daughter was headed for an early grave given her battles with alcohol and drug addiction.
"Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square shortly before 4:05 pm (1505 GMT) today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased," a police statement said.
"On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene."
"Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained."
Timeline of highlights from Amy Winehouse's career, along with personal low points:
- October 20, 2003: Winehouse releases debut album Frank.
- March 13, 2007: Winehouse releases second album Back to Black in the United States.
- May 18, 2007: Winehouse marries Blake Fielder-Civil in Miami.
- August 28, 2007: Winehouse's father-in-law tells a radio station that fans should stop buying her records to force her to seek help for a drug addiction.
- October 18, 2007: Winehouse and Fielder-Civil are arrested in Norway on charges of drug possession.
- December 18, 2007: Winehouse is arrested in London on suspicion of attempting to interfere with a court case involving her husband.
- January 23, 2008: Scotland Yard investigates a video released by a British tabloid, The Sun, that allegedly shows Winehouse smoking crack.
- January 24, 2008: Winehouse's US record label, Universal Music Group, announces the singer has entered rehab for drug addiction.
- February 10, 2008: Winehouse wins five Grammy Awards for Back to Black, including Best New Artist and Record of the Year. Due to visa application troubles, she performs by satellite from London during the awards show.
- June 16, 2008: Winehouse is taken to hospital after fainting in her home.
- July 21, 2008: Fielder-Civil is sentenced to 27 months in jail for assaulting a pub manager and obstructing justice.
- 2009: Winehouse creates her own record label, Lioness Records.
- July 24, 2009: Winehouse is acquitted of an assault charge that was based on allegations that she hit a fan in the eye in September 2008 after the woman asked to take her picture.
- December 23, 2009: London authorities announce Winehouse has been charged in connection with an assault at a British theatre.
- January 20, 2010: Winehouse pleads guilty to drunkenly assaulting a theatre manager at a family Christmas show and receives a conditional discharge on condition she stay out of trouble for two years.
- April 27, 2010: Winehouse is treated for bruised ribs at a London clinic after falling in her north London home.
- September 9, 2010: Quincy Jones says Winehouse is recording a song for his album.
- May 27, 2011: Winehouse checks into treatment program in London's Priory Clinic, which treats psychiatric problems as well as drug and alcohol addiction.
- June 2, 2011: Winehouse checks out of treatment program at London's Priory Clinic. Her spokesman says she will continue outpatient treatment at the clinic.
- June 18, 2011: Winehouse is jeered and booed while on stage in Belgrade after stumbling and seeming to forget lyrics to her songs.
- June 21, 2011: Winehouse cancels the rest of her European summer concert tour and all public performances after the Serbia concert.
- July 20, 2011: Winehouse joins her goddaughter, Dionne Bromfield, onstage at the iTunes Festival in London. Winehouse doesn't sing.
- July 23, 2011: Winehouse is found dead at age 27 at her home in north London's Camden area.
Constantly on the go? Want to know what's happening in your world? Let 3AW keep you up to speed with the aid of social facilitator Twitter. News, views and the most interactive Twitter feed in Australian media.
- Follow Neil on Twitter!
- Follow 'Human Headline'
- Ross and John on Twitter
- Brian Taylor on Twitter
- 3AW Football on Twitter
- Denis Walter on Twitter
- Dwayne Russell on Twitter
- Matt Richo on Twitter
- Heidi Murphy's State Politics
- Tony Tardio on Twitter
- Donna Demaio on Twitter
- Weekend Break on Twitter
- Mitchell's Producer Justin Smith
- Nicole Denton (Ruth Serum)
- Hinch's Producer Shannon Reid
- Simon Owens on Twitter
- Mitchell Program's Seb Costello
- Online Manager Ben Wise
Mark & Gary what a nasty spiteful callous excuse for human beings you both must be.
She was a talented woman, and obviously very troubled, and unfortunately obviously did not have the inner strength to cope.Jan Tuesday 26 July, 2011 - 2:41 PM
What a load of rubbish, the world needs less of these people. One hit wonder, alcohol and substance abuser in the extreme. Should young people look up to this kind of rubbish? If they're at the top of their game and hit the bottle and pills/needles, the industry & media must drop them, let them go and wast themselves out of the public spotlight. She didn't want help, let her go, good riddance.Mark Monday 25 July, 2011 - 8:49 PM
Im sorry but in my view she was a girl with a great voice but she certianly is not a great such as Hendrix etc!! far from it!alexas Monday 25 July, 2011 - 11:06 AM
Some of the greatest artists / talents of all time have been the most disturbed. History will remember her kindly, she can join the other great 27 year olds. Jim Morrison, Jimmy Hendrix, Janice Joplin, Kurt Kobain and Brian Jones.
R.I.P. Amy.Bill Monday 25 July, 2011 - 10:34 AM
Another selfish young person living life for no other purpose but to pleasure herself in any way and every way she could. An attractive young woman in 2005 and became an ugly reflection on the nasty side of rock and drugs!alexas Monday 25 July, 2011 - 9:20 AM
THIS,was bound to happen only a matter of when,what a waste of life and talent,will they ever learn>>..Steve Sunday 24 July, 2011 - 3:13 PM