- Clive Palmer: Future Australian Prime Minister... he says
- Fourth person charged over Avondale Heights shooting
- Child sex offender avoids jail
- Major train delays for commuters
- Car theft racket raided in Western Suburbs
- Oil leak at Altona Mobil Refinery
- Young boy injured through Etihad Stadium light fault
- Second Boston Marathon bombing suspect now in custody
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- col on Major train delays for commuters Who care's the state Government don't more
- IAN on Car theft racket raided in Western ... Hoo-ray a last. more
- William on Oil leak at Altona Mobil Refinery Complete garbage Tony Briffa, stop tryibg to shutdown vital industrys in your local area in the pursuit of grubby property ... more
- Jillian on Oil leak at Altona Mobil Refinery Cr. Tony Briffa why are you complaining about the operations of the Mobil Plant, according to the council there safety ... more
- Rawso on Oil leak at Altona Mobil Refinery Tony from day 1 you've never been a supporter of the refinery. Why, since it provides a number local direct and indirect ... more
- Mmmm on Oil leak at Altona Mobil Refinery That's it. One scare too many. We're moving. It was only a fertiliser plant that blew up in Texas last week and look at the ... more
- BOB on Oil leak at Altona Mobil Refinery Drove past mobil on the weekend, one of the lower smoke stacks was pouring out black smoke, lived here 50 years and never ... more
- michael on Oil leak at Altona Mobil Refinery rubbish Tony.Mobil has never been safer. You obviously don't remember the mid 80s. And80 litres of oil is negligible. more
- Cr Tony Briffa on Oil leak at Altona Mobil Refinery Mobil have a terrible history of incidents at their Altona refinery in recent years. All the information is available on my ... more
- Chris Conway on Young boy injured through Etihad ... It seems it's more dangerous off the field than on it these days! more
- Calin on Young boy injured through Etihad ... Whoops accidentally posted a double comment... but honestly its quite ridiculous that you cant even go to a football game ... more
- Jack on Young boy injured through Etihad ... Haha more
- Calin Sinclair on Young boy injured through Etihad ... This article is actually written about me, I am Calin Sinclair, 16 years old and I can tell you I received quite a shock ... more
- Ben Dover on Young boy injured through Etihad ... It will be okay Calin more
- Calin Sinclair on Young boy injured through Etihad ... This child is me... 16 years old just before the kick off, got to spend the rest of the game in the corporate box, they ... more
- Marco on Young boy injured through Etihad ... Obviously too dangerous to take your kids to Aussie Ball games. It's like a war zone at this sport. more
- kayla on Mark Webber quits Formula One Hey jilian and ken and baby lol...go talk about something you actually understand...like bananas in pyjamas. more
- jay silk on Second Boston Marathon bombing suspect ... two Patsy brothers who were set up by Black ops. I don't believe how naÃ¯ve most people are. I talk to people in the street ... more
- Matt on Second Boston Marathon bombing suspect ... The FBI photos look like Iranian bloodlines to me. Hard to say with that quality, resolution. more
- Mark Zessin on Mark Webber quits Formula One As for Jillians comment about kids not looking up to Mark Webber is disgusting. Mark has become a force in F1 the hard way, ... more
Amy Winehouse dead at 27
WINEHOUSE FAMILY STATEMENT: "Our family has been left bereft by the loss of Amy, a wonderful daughter, sister, niece."
"She leaves a gaping hole in our lives. We are coming together to remember her and would appreciate some privacy and space at this terrible time."
3AW RADIO: Popular but troubled singer Amy Winehouse has died at the age of 27.
She was found dead in her north London home early on Sunday morning, Australian time.
Winehouse's father, Mitch, had recently admitted to the media he feared his daughter was headed for an early grave given her battles with alcohol and drug addiction.
"Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square shortly before 4:05 pm (1505 GMT) today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased," a police statement said.
"On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene."
"Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained."
Timeline of highlights from Amy Winehouse's career, along with personal low points:
- October 20, 2003: Winehouse releases debut album Frank.
- March 13, 2007: Winehouse releases second album Back to Black in the United States.
- May 18, 2007: Winehouse marries Blake Fielder-Civil in Miami.
- August 28, 2007: Winehouse's father-in-law tells a radio station that fans should stop buying her records to force her to seek help for a drug addiction.
- October 18, 2007: Winehouse and Fielder-Civil are arrested in Norway on charges of drug possession.
- December 18, 2007: Winehouse is arrested in London on suspicion of attempting to interfere with a court case involving her husband.
- January 23, 2008: Scotland Yard investigates a video released by a British tabloid, The Sun, that allegedly shows Winehouse smoking crack.
- January 24, 2008: Winehouse's US record label, Universal Music Group, announces the singer has entered rehab for drug addiction.
- February 10, 2008: Winehouse wins five Grammy Awards for Back to Black, including Best New Artist and Record of the Year. Due to visa application troubles, she performs by satellite from London during the awards show.
- June 16, 2008: Winehouse is taken to hospital after fainting in her home.
- July 21, 2008: Fielder-Civil is sentenced to 27 months in jail for assaulting a pub manager and obstructing justice.
- 2009: Winehouse creates her own record label, Lioness Records.
- July 24, 2009: Winehouse is acquitted of an assault charge that was based on allegations that she hit a fan in the eye in September 2008 after the woman asked to take her picture.
- December 23, 2009: London authorities announce Winehouse has been charged in connection with an assault at a British theatre.
- January 20, 2010: Winehouse pleads guilty to drunkenly assaulting a theatre manager at a family Christmas show and receives a conditional discharge on condition she stay out of trouble for two years.
- April 27, 2010: Winehouse is treated for bruised ribs at a London clinic after falling in her north London home.
- September 9, 2010: Quincy Jones says Winehouse is recording a song for his album.
- May 27, 2011: Winehouse checks into treatment program in London's Priory Clinic, which treats psychiatric problems as well as drug and alcohol addiction.
- June 2, 2011: Winehouse checks out of treatment program at London's Priory Clinic. Her spokesman says she will continue outpatient treatment at the clinic.
- June 18, 2011: Winehouse is jeered and booed while on stage in Belgrade after stumbling and seeming to forget lyrics to her songs.
- June 21, 2011: Winehouse cancels the rest of her European summer concert tour and all public performances after the Serbia concert.
- July 20, 2011: Winehouse joins her goddaughter, Dionne Bromfield, onstage at the iTunes Festival in London. Winehouse doesn't sing.
- July 23, 2011: Winehouse is found dead at age 27 at her home in north London's Camden area.
Constantly on the go? Want to know what's happening in your world? Let 3AW keep you up to speed with the aid of social facilitator Twitter. News, views and the most interactive Twitter feed in Australian media.
- Follow Neil on Twitter!
- Follow 'Human Headline'
- Ross and John on Twitter
- Brian Taylor on Twitter
- 3AW Football on Twitter
- Denis Walter on Twitter
- Dwayne Russell on Twitter
- Matt Richo on Twitter
- Heidi Murphy's State Politics
- Tony Tardio on Twitter
- Donna Demaio on Twitter
- Weekend Break on Twitter
- Mitchell's Producer Justin Smith
- Nicole Denton (Ruth Serum)
- Hinch's Producer Shannon Reid
- Simon Owens on Twitter
- Mitchell Program's Seb Costello
- Online Manager Ben Wise
Mark & Gary what a nasty spiteful callous excuse for human beings you both must be.
She was a talented woman, and obviously very troubled, and unfortunately obviously did not have the inner strength to cope.Jan Tuesday 26 July, 2011 - 2:41 PM
What a load of rubbish, the world needs less of these people. One hit wonder, alcohol and substance abuser in the extreme. Should young people look up to this kind of rubbish? If they're at the top of their game and hit the bottle and pills/needles, the industry & media must drop them, let them go and wast themselves out of the public spotlight. She didn't want help, let her go, good riddance.Mark Monday 25 July, 2011 - 8:49 PM
Im sorry but in my view she was a girl with a great voice but she certianly is not a great such as Hendrix etc!! far from it!alexas Monday 25 July, 2011 - 11:06 AM
Some of the greatest artists / talents of all time have been the most disturbed. History will remember her kindly, she can join the other great 27 year olds. Jim Morrison, Jimmy Hendrix, Janice Joplin, Kurt Kobain and Brian Jones.
R.I.P. Amy.Bill Monday 25 July, 2011 - 10:34 AM
Another selfish young person living life for no other purpose but to pleasure herself in any way and every way she could. An attractive young woman in 2005 and became an ugly reflection on the nasty side of rock and drugs!alexas Monday 25 July, 2011 - 9:20 AM
THIS,was bound to happen only a matter of when,what a waste of life and talent,will they ever learn>>..Steve Sunday 24 July, 2011 - 3:13 PM