- Man stabbed at Sunshine train station
- Prince full of praise for Australia
- Prison for soccer match-fixer
- Australia to purchase air combat power
- Dad's fury: Your baby needs a ticket
- Father accused of murder silent in court
- Geelong mayor thrown from horse
- Six rescued from sinking boat
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Hooksy from the Country on Dad's fury: Your baby needs a ticket Any child young enough, and small enough, to be seated on a parent's lap should not have to pay for a ticket - unless they ... more
- Poor Geelong on Geelong mayor thrown from horse Tourists will think Geelong is a joke after seeing their Mayor. more
- norm Robinson on Hungry drink-driver 'felt like KFC' Looks like he might of learnt his lesson considering his 2nd drink driving offense and driving unlicensed bet you he won't ... more
- Factsseeker on 'It's time to act against family ... To enlarge on Mark's anguished comments, this article shows how much of the media in Aus still operates off a stereotype. ... more
- Mark on 'It's time to act against family ... Your comments where not only offensive to me but showed your ignorance of the subject Sally, men are also victims, I was a ... more
- Dame Mylene on On track and online: Free Wi-Fi for ... If it's like the wifi on Flinders Street Station they'll make you watch a ton of ads before you can access it. more
- john on It's MacTime in Tecoma Are we living in a nanny state, where others tell me what food I can buy? Just mind your own business and allow free ... more
- Dame Mylene on It's MacTime in Tecoma Macca's had shops in Camberwell and Carlton that closed down. It's all going to come down to the 'bogan' element in Tecoma. more
- Joel on 'I got some amusing texts' The term "whacker" is almost as quaint and the reintroduction of knights and dames.Go on Neil, you know you want one... more
- JamesD on 'I got some amusing texts' Big danger for Abbott with this is it will help perception that he is man of the past -it may appeal to older people but ... more
- PJ on 'I got some amusing texts' Lefties are only against honouring great Aussies because by doing so we honour Australia, which their ideology detests. more
- PJ on 'I got some amusing texts' theres plenty of Ruling Left Elite. Under Labor we had the highest paid PM in the OECD and Lord Swan had us pay for a ... more
- mylene on 'I got some amusing texts' if there's only going to be 4 per year either John Howard, Alan Jones or George Pell is going to miss out. Mr. Rabbit will ... more
- Heather on 'I got some amusing texts' Oh Tony Tony Tony...you've lost me on this archaic rubbish! I'm an old girl who lives life moving forward and hate being ... more
- mylene on 'I got some amusing texts' If Jeff Kennett gets a knighthood I'm moving to Israel. :p more
- Christine on 'I got some amusing texts' First jobs for the boys/girls, now titles for same. These people get paid very well to do a job, that's it. more
- Gazza on 'I got some amusing texts' Sir Kevin,for smashing WORKCHOICES. more
- David R on 'I got some amusing texts' Dame Quenten!! After what she said while still in office last year.. more
- ian on Protest organisers defend 'Kill Abbott' ... SUSAN,SHE WAS THE WORST P/M IN HISTORY. more
- Brett Davis on Protest organisers defend 'Kill Abbott' ... What a bunch of low brain losers, wake up and smell the roses. The bills have to be paid, we can't live on credit forever ... more
Amy Winehouse dead at 27
WINEHOUSE FAMILY STATEMENT: "Our family has been left bereft by the loss of Amy, a wonderful daughter, sister, niece."
"She leaves a gaping hole in our lives. We are coming together to remember her and would appreciate some privacy and space at this terrible time."
3AW RADIO: Popular but troubled singer Amy Winehouse has died at the age of 27.
She was found dead in her north London home early on Sunday morning, Australian time.
Winehouse's father, Mitch, had recently admitted to the media he feared his daughter was headed for an early grave given her battles with alcohol and drug addiction.
"Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square shortly before 4:05 pm (1505 GMT) today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased," a police statement said.
"On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene."
"Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained."
Timeline of highlights from Amy Winehouse's career, along with personal low points:
- October 20, 2003: Winehouse releases debut album Frank.
- March 13, 2007: Winehouse releases second album Back to Black in the United States.
- May 18, 2007: Winehouse marries Blake Fielder-Civil in Miami.
- August 28, 2007: Winehouse's father-in-law tells a radio station that fans should stop buying her records to force her to seek help for a drug addiction.
- October 18, 2007: Winehouse and Fielder-Civil are arrested in Norway on charges of drug possession.
- December 18, 2007: Winehouse is arrested in London on suspicion of attempting to interfere with a court case involving her husband.
- January 23, 2008: Scotland Yard investigates a video released by a British tabloid, The Sun, that allegedly shows Winehouse smoking crack.
- January 24, 2008: Winehouse's US record label, Universal Music Group, announces the singer has entered rehab for drug addiction.
- February 10, 2008: Winehouse wins five Grammy Awards for Back to Black, including Best New Artist and Record of the Year. Due to visa application troubles, she performs by satellite from London during the awards show.
- June 16, 2008: Winehouse is taken to hospital after fainting in her home.
- July 21, 2008: Fielder-Civil is sentenced to 27 months in jail for assaulting a pub manager and obstructing justice.
- 2009: Winehouse creates her own record label, Lioness Records.
- July 24, 2009: Winehouse is acquitted of an assault charge that was based on allegations that she hit a fan in the eye in September 2008 after the woman asked to take her picture.
- December 23, 2009: London authorities announce Winehouse has been charged in connection with an assault at a British theatre.
- January 20, 2010: Winehouse pleads guilty to drunkenly assaulting a theatre manager at a family Christmas show and receives a conditional discharge on condition she stay out of trouble for two years.
- April 27, 2010: Winehouse is treated for bruised ribs at a London clinic after falling in her north London home.
- September 9, 2010: Quincy Jones says Winehouse is recording a song for his album.
- May 27, 2011: Winehouse checks into treatment program in London's Priory Clinic, which treats psychiatric problems as well as drug and alcohol addiction.
- June 2, 2011: Winehouse checks out of treatment program at London's Priory Clinic. Her spokesman says she will continue outpatient treatment at the clinic.
- June 18, 2011: Winehouse is jeered and booed while on stage in Belgrade after stumbling and seeming to forget lyrics to her songs.
- June 21, 2011: Winehouse cancels the rest of her European summer concert tour and all public performances after the Serbia concert.
- July 20, 2011: Winehouse joins her goddaughter, Dionne Bromfield, onstage at the iTunes Festival in London. Winehouse doesn't sing.
- July 23, 2011: Winehouse is found dead at age 27 at her home in north London's Camden area.
Constantly on the go? Want to know what's happening in your world? Let 3AW keep you up to speed with the aid of social facilitator Twitter. News, views and the most interactive Twitter feed in Australian media.
- Follow Neil on Twitter!
- Follow 'Human Headline'
- Ross and John on Twitter
- Brian Taylor on Twitter
- 3AW Football on Twitter
- Denis Walter on Twitter
- Dwayne Russell on Twitter
- Matt Richo on Twitter
- Heidi Murphy's State Politics
- Tony Tardio on Twitter
- Donna Demaio on Twitter
- Weekend Break on Twitter
- Mitchell's Producer Justin Smith
- Nicole Denton (Ruth Serum)
- Hinch's Producer Shannon Reid
- Simon Owens on Twitter
- Mitchell Program's Seb Costello
- Online Manager Ben Wise
Mark & Gary what a nasty spiteful callous excuse for human beings you both must be.
She was a talented woman, and obviously very troubled, and unfortunately obviously did not have the inner strength to cope.Jan Tuesday 26 July, 2011 - 2:41 PM
What a load of rubbish, the world needs less of these people. One hit wonder, alcohol and substance abuser in the extreme. Should young people look up to this kind of rubbish? If they're at the top of their game and hit the bottle and pills/needles, the industry & media must drop them, let them go and wast themselves out of the public spotlight. She didn't want help, let her go, good riddance.Mark Monday 25 July, 2011 - 8:49 PM
Im sorry but in my view she was a girl with a great voice but she certianly is not a great such as Hendrix etc!! far from it!alexas Monday 25 July, 2011 - 11:06 AM
Some of the greatest artists / talents of all time have been the most disturbed. History will remember her kindly, she can join the other great 27 year olds. Jim Morrison, Jimmy Hendrix, Janice Joplin, Kurt Kobain and Brian Jones.
R.I.P. Amy.Bill Monday 25 July, 2011 - 10:34 AM
Another selfish young person living life for no other purpose but to pleasure herself in any way and every way she could. An attractive young woman in 2005 and became an ugly reflection on the nasty side of rock and drugs!alexas Monday 25 July, 2011 - 9:20 AM
THIS,was bound to happen only a matter of when,what a waste of life and talent,will they ever learn>>..Steve Sunday 24 July, 2011 - 3:13 PM