- Baillieu calls for Andrews to come clean
- Labor official admits role in tapes
- MH17 recovery gathers pace
- Woman horrified after home attack
- Snow falls across Victoria
- Woman hit by cement truck
- ABC Melbourne axes 80 jobs
- Clive's on-board, says gov't
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- PR on Clive's on-board, says gov't Well clive im all for you,but you better build great golf course,s more
- Jan on Clive's on-board, says gov't Palmer is a complete fool, is possible that some-one could remind him he is supposed to be SERVING the Australian people, ... more
- PJ on Clive's on-board, says gov't A second poll on the carbon tax hosted by a well known media outlet got approx the same results twice:Scrap the carbon tax ... more
- Gloria on Clive's on-board, says gov't With the wealth that big, fat Palmer has you would think he would be able to afford a dietician. Watching him walk, with all ... more
- Terry2toes on 'My son needs cannabis oil to live' The health minister should be sacked for not knowing about the developments with medicinal cannabis. He probably sent the ... more
- Joan on 'My son needs cannabis oil to live' What's wrong with everyone the boys doctors are ok with the oil, can't the police not see what a difference It's making to ... more
- Jane on Funds axed, Pararoos 'not worthy' Couldn't the 20,000 people who signed just donate $10 each if they think it's worthier than other causes? more
- Jane on iPhone travels to Japan and back Like finding a plastic toy in your cereal in the good ol days! ;-) more
- robyn brown on 'My son needs cannabis oil to live' i know rhett and cassie personally .... what this system is doing to them is absolute uncalled for ... the ... more
- sm on 'My son needs cannabis oil to live' me too more
- Mal on 'My son needs cannabis oil to live' I need some too. more
- Time for the TRUTH on 'We're reforming the system' How much longer are we going to put up with this useless Minister making excuses for the broken system of our most ... more
- ray on Police call to slash blood-alcohol limit Its another example of the nannies trying to run the nanny state. If the concern is that people caught over .05 are not ... more
- sm on Police call to slash blood-alcohol limit Govt should NOT be required, at enormous cost, to regulate the very same humans who are allowed to vote but then drive drunk ... more
- Factsseeker on Police call to slash blood-alcohol limit The relative risk between zero alcohol and 0.05% is so small that it is hardly worth all the extra police cost and time. ... more
- Steve on Police call to slash blood-alcohol limit It's going to get to the point where you won't even be able to smell the wine bottle cork for fear of going over the limit. more
- mary on Business owner destroys Harris mural NEEDS AC OUPLE MORE COATS OF PAINT ...CAN STILL SEE IT more
- jgl Melb on Merlino denounces union thuggery He, Merlino, would say that...Wouldn't he! more
- ian on Merlino denounces union thuggery Wake up Melino more
- Lukew on Woolies' in-store service ... I think it is a worry that Woolies and Coles are broadening their products and services to the extent that they are. We ... more
Amy Winehouse dead at 27
WINEHOUSE FAMILY STATEMENT: "Our family has been left bereft by the loss of Amy, a wonderful daughter, sister, niece."
"She leaves a gaping hole in our lives. We are coming together to remember her and would appreciate some privacy and space at this terrible time."
3AW RADIO: Popular but troubled singer Amy Winehouse has died at the age of 27.
She was found dead in her north London home early on Sunday morning, Australian time.
Winehouse's father, Mitch, had recently admitted to the media he feared his daughter was headed for an early grave given her battles with alcohol and drug addiction.
"Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square shortly before 4:05 pm (1505 GMT) today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased," a police statement said.
"On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene."
"Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained."
Timeline of highlights from Amy Winehouse's career, along with personal low points:
- October 20, 2003: Winehouse releases debut album Frank.
- March 13, 2007: Winehouse releases second album Back to Black in the United States.
- May 18, 2007: Winehouse marries Blake Fielder-Civil in Miami.
- August 28, 2007: Winehouse's father-in-law tells a radio station that fans should stop buying her records to force her to seek help for a drug addiction.
- October 18, 2007: Winehouse and Fielder-Civil are arrested in Norway on charges of drug possession.
- December 18, 2007: Winehouse is arrested in London on suspicion of attempting to interfere with a court case involving her husband.
- January 23, 2008: Scotland Yard investigates a video released by a British tabloid, The Sun, that allegedly shows Winehouse smoking crack.
- January 24, 2008: Winehouse's US record label, Universal Music Group, announces the singer has entered rehab for drug addiction.
- February 10, 2008: Winehouse wins five Grammy Awards for Back to Black, including Best New Artist and Record of the Year. Due to visa application troubles, she performs by satellite from London during the awards show.
- June 16, 2008: Winehouse is taken to hospital after fainting in her home.
- July 21, 2008: Fielder-Civil is sentenced to 27 months in jail for assaulting a pub manager and obstructing justice.
- 2009: Winehouse creates her own record label, Lioness Records.
- July 24, 2009: Winehouse is acquitted of an assault charge that was based on allegations that she hit a fan in the eye in September 2008 after the woman asked to take her picture.
- December 23, 2009: London authorities announce Winehouse has been charged in connection with an assault at a British theatre.
- January 20, 2010: Winehouse pleads guilty to drunkenly assaulting a theatre manager at a family Christmas show and receives a conditional discharge on condition she stay out of trouble for two years.
- April 27, 2010: Winehouse is treated for bruised ribs at a London clinic after falling in her north London home.
- September 9, 2010: Quincy Jones says Winehouse is recording a song for his album.
- May 27, 2011: Winehouse checks into treatment program in London's Priory Clinic, which treats psychiatric problems as well as drug and alcohol addiction.
- June 2, 2011: Winehouse checks out of treatment program at London's Priory Clinic. Her spokesman says she will continue outpatient treatment at the clinic.
- June 18, 2011: Winehouse is jeered and booed while on stage in Belgrade after stumbling and seeming to forget lyrics to her songs.
- June 21, 2011: Winehouse cancels the rest of her European summer concert tour and all public performances after the Serbia concert.
- July 20, 2011: Winehouse joins her goddaughter, Dionne Bromfield, onstage at the iTunes Festival in London. Winehouse doesn't sing.
- July 23, 2011: Winehouse is found dead at age 27 at her home in north London's Camden area.
Constantly on the go? Want to know what's happening in your world? Let 3AW keep you up to speed with the aid of social facilitator Twitter. News, views and the most interactive Twitter feed in Australian media.
- Follow Neil on Twitter!
- Follow 'Human Headline'
- Ross and John on Twitter
- Brian Taylor on Twitter
- 3AW Football on Twitter
- Denis Walter on Twitter
- Dwayne Russell on Twitter
- Matt Richo on Twitter
- Heidi Murphy's State Politics
- Tony Tardio on Twitter
- Donna Demaio on Twitter
- Weekend Break on Twitter
- Mitchell's Producer Justin Smith
- Nicole Denton (Ruth Serum)
- Hinch's Producer Shannon Reid
- Simon Owens on Twitter
- Mitchell Program's Seb Costello
- Online Manager Ben Wise
Mark & Gary what a nasty spiteful callous excuse for human beings you both must be.
She was a talented woman, and obviously very troubled, and unfortunately obviously did not have the inner strength to cope.Jan Tuesday 26 July, 2011 - 2:41 PM
What a load of rubbish, the world needs less of these people. One hit wonder, alcohol and substance abuser in the extreme. Should young people look up to this kind of rubbish? If they're at the top of their game and hit the bottle and pills/needles, the industry & media must drop them, let them go and wast themselves out of the public spotlight. She didn't want help, let her go, good riddance.Mark Monday 25 July, 2011 - 8:49 PM
Im sorry but in my view she was a girl with a great voice but she certianly is not a great such as Hendrix etc!! far from it!alexas Monday 25 July, 2011 - 11:06 AM
Some of the greatest artists / talents of all time have been the most disturbed. History will remember her kindly, she can join the other great 27 year olds. Jim Morrison, Jimmy Hendrix, Janice Joplin, Kurt Kobain and Brian Jones.
R.I.P. Amy.Bill Monday 25 July, 2011 - 10:34 AM
Another selfish young person living life for no other purpose but to pleasure herself in any way and every way she could. An attractive young woman in 2005 and became an ugly reflection on the nasty side of rock and drugs!alexas Monday 25 July, 2011 - 9:20 AM
THIS,was bound to happen only a matter of when,what a waste of life and talent,will they ever learn>>..Steve Sunday 24 July, 2011 - 3:13 PM