- Man stabbed at Sunshine train station
- Prince full of praise for Australia
- Prison for soccer match-fixer
- Australia to purchase air combat power
- Dad's fury: Your baby needs a ticket
- Father accused of murder silent in court
- Geelong mayor thrown from horse
- Six rescued from sinking boat
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Hooksy from the Country on Dad's fury: Your baby needs a ticket Any child young enough, and small enough, to be seated on a parent's lap should not have to pay for a ticket - unless they ... more
- Poor Geelong on Geelong mayor thrown from horse Tourists will think Geelong is a joke after seeing their Mayor. more
- norm Robinson on Hungry drink-driver 'felt like KFC' Looks like he might of learnt his lesson considering his 2nd drink driving offense and driving unlicensed bet you he won't ... more
- Factsseeker on 'It's time to act against family ... To enlarge on Mark's anguished comments, this article shows how much of the media in Aus still operates off a stereotype. ... more
- Mark on 'It's time to act against family ... Your comments where not only offensive to me but showed your ignorance of the subject Sally, men are also victims, I was a ... more
- Dame Mylene on On track and online: Free Wi-Fi for ... If it's like the wifi on Flinders Street Station they'll make you watch a ton of ads before you can access it. more
- john on It's MacTime in Tecoma Are we living in a nanny state, where others tell me what food I can buy? Just mind your own business and allow free ... more
- Dame Mylene on It's MacTime in Tecoma Macca's had shops in Camberwell and Carlton that closed down. It's all going to come down to the 'bogan' element in Tecoma. more
- Joel on 'I got some amusing texts' The term "whacker" is almost as quaint and the reintroduction of knights and dames.Go on Neil, you know you want one... more
- JamesD on 'I got some amusing texts' Big danger for Abbott with this is it will help perception that he is man of the past -it may appeal to older people but ... more
- PJ on 'I got some amusing texts' Lefties are only against honouring great Aussies because by doing so we honour Australia, which their ideology detests. more
- PJ on 'I got some amusing texts' theres plenty of Ruling Left Elite. Under Labor we had the highest paid PM in the OECD and Lord Swan had us pay for a ... more
- mylene on 'I got some amusing texts' if there's only going to be 4 per year either John Howard, Alan Jones or George Pell is going to miss out. Mr. Rabbit will ... more
- Heather on 'I got some amusing texts' Oh Tony Tony Tony...you've lost me on this archaic rubbish! I'm an old girl who lives life moving forward and hate being ... more
- mylene on 'I got some amusing texts' If Jeff Kennett gets a knighthood I'm moving to Israel. :p more
- Christine on 'I got some amusing texts' First jobs for the boys/girls, now titles for same. These people get paid very well to do a job, that's it. more
- Gazza on 'I got some amusing texts' Sir Kevin,for smashing WORKCHOICES. more
- David R on 'I got some amusing texts' Dame Quenten!! After what she said while still in office last year.. more
- ian on Protest organisers defend 'Kill Abbott' ... SUSAN,SHE WAS THE WORST P/M IN HISTORY. more
- Brett Davis on Protest organisers defend 'Kill Abbott' ... What a bunch of low brain losers, wake up and smell the roses. The bills have to be paid, we can't live on credit forever ... more
Drunk man's 'Happy New Year' crash
A drunk driver has wished police and firefighters a "Happy New Year" after crashing and flipping his car outside Box Hill Police Station this morning.
The 52-year-old Box Hill man lost control of his Honda on Whitehorse Road just before 3am.
Senior Sergeant Wayne Williams said the man was in very good spirits after police freed him from his vehicle.
“Generally found to be apparently unharmed but heavily intoxicated and to which he was in generally good spirits and continually wished everyone a 'Happy New Year',” he said.
The man is expected to be charged on summons with speeding and careless driving.