- Caulfield Grammar evacuated
- Million dollar reward to solve murders
- Victims' class action 'almost settled'
- Director of Sonray Capital Markets jailed
- 'Marijuana is not a soft drug'
- 'It's time to act against family violence'
- Armed robbery at Essendon
- Youth camp 'wrong' to ban homosexuals
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Factsseeker on 'It's time to act against family ... To enlarge on Mark's anguished comments, this article shows how much of the media in Aus still operates off a stereotype. ... more
- Mark on 'It's time to act against family ... Your comments where not only offensive to me but showed your ignorance of the subject Sally, men are also victims, I was a ... more
- Dame Mylene on On track and online: Free Wi-Fi for ... If it's like the wifi on Flinders Street Station they'll make you watch a ton of ads before you can access it. more
- john on It's MacTime in Tecoma Are we living in a nanny state, where others tell me what food I can buy? Just mind your own business and allow free ... more
- Dame Mylene on It's MacTime in Tecoma Macca's had shops in Camberwell and Carlton that closed down. It's all going to come down to the 'bogan' element in Tecoma. more
- Joel on 'I got some amusing texts' The term "whacker" is almost as quaint and the reintroduction of knights and dames.Go on Neil, you know you want one... more
- JamesD on 'I got some amusing texts' Big danger for Abbott with this is it will help perception that he is man of the past -it may appeal to older people but ... more
- PJ on 'I got some amusing texts' Lefties are only against honouring great Aussies because by doing so we honour Australia, which their ideology detests. more
- PJ on 'I got some amusing texts' theres plenty of Ruling Left Elite. Under Labor we had the highest paid PM in the OECD and Lord Swan had us pay for a ... more
- mylene on 'I got some amusing texts' if there's only going to be 4 per year either John Howard, Alan Jones or George Pell is going to miss out. Mr. Rabbit will ... more
- Heather on 'I got some amusing texts' Oh Tony Tony Tony...you've lost me on this archaic rubbish! I'm an old girl who lives life moving forward and hate being ... more
- mylene on 'I got some amusing texts' If Jeff Kennett gets a knighthood I'm moving to Israel. :p more
- Christine on 'I got some amusing texts' First jobs for the boys/girls, now titles for same. These people get paid very well to do a job, that's it. more
- Gazza on 'I got some amusing texts' Sir Kevin,for smashing WORKCHOICES. more
- David R on 'I got some amusing texts' Dame Quenten!! After what she said while still in office last year.. more
- ian on Protest organisers defend 'Kill Abbott' ... SUSAN,SHE WAS THE WORST P/M IN HISTORY. more
- Brett Davis on Protest organisers defend 'Kill Abbott' ... What a bunch of low brain losers, wake up and smell the roses. The bills have to be paid, we can't live on credit forever ... more
- Steve on Protest organisers defend 'Kill Abbott' ... Morons and bogans and plenty of the unwashed rent a crowd there as well! more
- Catherine on Protest organisers defend 'Kill Abbott' ... Tony Abbott is our Prime minister and so far he is doing a good job. This silly people they are only small percentage, ... more
- David T. on Protest organisers defend 'Kill Abbott' ... Just think; most of them will eventually grow up and vote Liberal. more
Liz Hurley breaks her silence on Warne
Elizabeth Hurley has fuelled rumours she and Shane Warne have split, tweeting an apology for her recent silence on "events" claiming it was "too raw and personal to share right now".
Hurley and Warne have not tweeted each other since September 1 when she wished him a "Happy Father's Day".
Apologies to loyal followers for Twitter silence on recent events. Too raw & personal to share right now.— Elizabeth Hurley (@ElizabethHurley) September 18, 2013
But Warne was quick to deny the rumours were true, tweeting:
Some of the reports re EH & me r absolute rubbish. Yes we're sorting through some (private) issues. But we're not throwing the towel in yet— Shane Warne (@warne888) September 18, 2013
The popular couple are known for their affectionate tweets to each other.
Earlier Wednesday, Warne cancelled a press conference at the last minute including postponing his high-profile event tonight to launch his foundation's ambassadors program.
Entertainment reporter Peter Ford, who broke the Hurley-Warne story on Monday’s Breakfast program, said he would usually avoid delving into people’s private lives but said this story was different.
“Shane and Elizabeth have very, very happily played out their private lives for public consumption, to the point of almost turning it into a soap opera by way of Twitter,” he said.
“I think it’s very hard to then suddenly be able to say ‘no this is our public life, we don’t want to give away any details’, you’re entitled to say that … but you can’t really expect the press to cope that.
“(But) they do deserve some space to be able to work on their issues, I think the biggest issue for them is the distance.”
Ford said he found the difference in tone between the two tweets “interesting”.
“If you see what Elizabeth wrote … that to me between the line says ‘it’s over’, if you look at what Shane said about ‘we’re not throwing the towel in yet’ then that to me reads ‘it’s not over until it’s over’,” he told the Breakfast program.
“I think Shane’s still holding out some hope of some kind of some kind of reconciliation in this case.
“Yesterday also, there was a photo that emerged of Elizabeth walking through one of the streets in London, and she very deliberately was holding her hands up for the paparazzi to see that there was no engagement ring on the finger.”
To think Shane spent all that money, on making him look more "youthful" ?Neil Thursday 19 September, 2013 - 5:31 PM
I couldn't care less. Is this news ?Christine Thursday 19 September, 2013 - 4:09 PM
as I understand it she loves a bald head!Jim Thursday 19 September, 2013 - 3:54 PM
You can also try googling "Liz Hurley in air rage debacle". Seems to me like Liz and Warney were made for each other. The King And Queens of rude, bogan behaviour.Rob Santiana Thursday 19 September, 2013 - 9:20 AM
is it abad thing that shane wants to spend time with his kidsdav Wednesday 18 September, 2013 - 11:43 PM
Could somebody please let Liz know that I'm available and have all my own hair. I can tweet too. Actually don't bother. I've just been advised to google "rude Liz Hurley" and having done so realise that she's a bit of a nightmare.Max Wednesday 18 September, 2013 - 8:15 PM