- Monash Fwy chaos after multi-car crash
- Indonesia deports Australian reporters
- Man 'deliberately ran over' his lover
- Hoddle Street killer has small win
- Graveyard blaze lit by arsonists
- Cameras ready to snap speeding drivers
- Baby found dead on footpath
- Rail revamp for south-east lines
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Heather on Indonesia deports Australian reporters Good!! LEAVE THE GIRL IN PEACE! more
- Tony on Cameras ready to snap speeding drivers Yet another reason to never go to St.Kilda or the CBD. Too congested and controlled. more
- jj on Cameras ready to snap speeding drivers Speed limit should only apply to 4wheel drives and left lane only. They are dangerous like trucks more
- Aria Judilla on Cameras ready to snap speeding drivers @JC - so you think that there shouldn't be any speed limit in the CBD? Or if there is one, it shouldn't be policed (which is ... more
- Colin on Cameras ready to snap speeding drivers Where are these speed cameras coming from? This state government went to the election a couple of years ago screaming that ... more
- JC on Cameras ready to snap speeding drivers This is a wonderful 'road safety' initiative by the Victorian Government.The damage done to property and lives by these ... more
- Gazza on CityLink jobs to be sent offshore Abbott in jobs out,it's the liberal way.... more
- rob on CityLink jobs to be sent offshore Disgusting - Lets not use this FREE way more
- poppitt on Ex-bikie spared jail time wow. Jail would be too dangerous for him. more
- Docklands on Monorail airport link gains traction Cannot use SKYbus as it is Privatly owned.The Sydney Train to teh Airport is privatly owned.Once again Neil Mitchell fails more
- Andrew on Monorail airport link gains traction This will never be built because like most things in Australia there are vested interests involved. Airport car parking is ... more
- Ben on Monorail airport link gains traction Tokyo Haneda airport is linked to a semi major Tokyo rail station via a monorail (18 km journey taking about 20 minutes). ... more
- Wasted time on Monorail airport link gains traction Public transport to the airport is an embarrassment. Every other big city has got airport rail, but still we ignore it and ... more
- Gregory on Irishman caught snorkelling in NGV moat A live exhibition. I Thought the NGV would recognise that. more
- David T. on Irishman caught snorkelling in NGV moat Oh, I forgot. Qantas needs all the coin it can get. more
- David T. on Irishman caught snorkelling in NGV moat Wonder how much in coins he pulled out of the water? more
- Ivan@kinnane on Irishman caught snorkelling in NGV moat great stuff! A nice bit of humour around a dreary complex. more
- Michael on Irishman caught snorkelling in NGV moat Too much Guinness more
- Judy Hawker on Morwell residents should 'get out' I drove back to Melbourne from Sale last Sunday. The smoke was very thick and even though I had the fan and air con off and ... more
- Gazza on Qantas expected to shed 3000 jobs What a surprise all these jobs are shed under a liberal government...... more
Liz Hurley breaks her silence on Warne
Elizabeth Hurley has fuelled rumours she and Shane Warne have split, tweeting an apology for her recent silence on "events" claiming it was "too raw and personal to share right now".
Hurley and Warne have not tweeted each other since September 1 when she wished him a "Happy Father's Day".
Apologies to loyal followers for Twitter silence on recent events. Too raw & personal to share right now.— Elizabeth Hurley (@ElizabethHurley) September 18, 2013
But Warne was quick to deny the rumours were true, tweeting:
Some of the reports re EH & me r absolute rubbish. Yes we're sorting through some (private) issues. But we're not throwing the towel in yet— Shane Warne (@warne888) September 18, 2013
The popular couple are known for their affectionate tweets to each other.
Earlier Wednesday, Warne cancelled a press conference at the last minute including postponing his high-profile event tonight to launch his foundation's ambassadors program.
Entertainment reporter Peter Ford, who broke the Hurley-Warne story on Monday’s Breakfast program, said he would usually avoid delving into people’s private lives but said this story was different.
“Shane and Elizabeth have very, very happily played out their private lives for public consumption, to the point of almost turning it into a soap opera by way of Twitter,” he said.
“I think it’s very hard to then suddenly be able to say ‘no this is our public life, we don’t want to give away any details’, you’re entitled to say that … but you can’t really expect the press to cope that.
“(But) they do deserve some space to be able to work on their issues, I think the biggest issue for them is the distance.”
Ford said he found the difference in tone between the two tweets “interesting”.
“If you see what Elizabeth wrote … that to me between the line says ‘it’s over’, if you look at what Shane said about ‘we’re not throwing the towel in yet’ then that to me reads ‘it’s not over until it’s over’,” he told the Breakfast program.
“I think Shane’s still holding out some hope of some kind of some kind of reconciliation in this case.
“Yesterday also, there was a photo that emerged of Elizabeth walking through one of the streets in London, and she very deliberately was holding her hands up for the paparazzi to see that there was no engagement ring on the finger.”
To think Shane spent all that money, on making him look more "youthful" ?Neil Thursday 19 September, 2013 - 5:31 PM
I couldn't care less. Is this news ?Christine Thursday 19 September, 2013 - 4:09 PM
as I understand it she loves a bald head!Jim Thursday 19 September, 2013 - 3:54 PM
You can also try googling "Liz Hurley in air rage debacle". Seems to me like Liz and Warney were made for each other. The King And Queens of rude, bogan behaviour.Rob Santiana Thursday 19 September, 2013 - 9:20 AM
is it abad thing that shane wants to spend time with his kidsdav Wednesday 18 September, 2013 - 11:43 PM
Could somebody please let Liz know that I'm available and have all my own hair. I can tweet too. Actually don't bother. I've just been advised to google "rude Liz Hurley" and having done so realise that she's a bit of a nightmare.Max Wednesday 18 September, 2013 - 8:15 PM