- Body found after house fire
- Girl struck, in critical condition
- East-West Link virtual tour
- Fans livid at AFL ticket scalpers
- Medicare fraudster escapes jail term
- Girl, 8, dead in ride tragedy
- Students drove teacher into depression
- Foreign car imports could save thousands
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Toby Bushby on Cyclists targeted in city blitz Good. more
- Colin Lacivita on Daniher opens up about incurable disease Neale Daniher is a perfect example that you can be fit and obviously he wasn't obese and still end up very sick. I wish the ... more
- Jane on Concerns as kids struggle to write in ... Poppitt, so true. Kids don't know their times tables which is the basics for all maths. They have calculators from grade 1, ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Concerns as kids struggle to write in ... So we finally get a test that is more of an actual. I think it would be worse among high school students as you see so many ... more
- PH on Daniher opens up about incurable disease MND is an evil disease and I can only offer my best wishes to Neale and his family.By going public he will raise awareness ... more
- Aria Judilla on Concerns as kids struggle to write in ... Kids are too busy doing sport three or four times a week rather than learning to read or write. more
- acetrim on Daniher opens up about incurable disease As someone who watched a friend die of motor neurone disease i feel for neal & his family what else can you say stay strong more
- PH on Cyclists targeted in city blitz These fines are way too low and should come with demerit points off their licence.Also, it is time to use hoon laws against ... more
- chris on Cyclists targeted in city blitz finally some justice. !!! Enjoy your fines.. more
- poppitt on Concerns as kids struggle to write in ... We need to teach our children, to read, write, and count. Go back to basics. All these extra subjects in primary school are ... more
- Samuel J on Cyclists targeted in city blitz Long,long overdue indeed. And the grids they ride should be registered and display a number plate. more
- Josh on Concerns as kids struggle to write in ... This shouldn't come as a surprise as normally the schools coach the students prior to the naplan tests to get better ... more
- Gerard McWilliams on Robin Williams, 63, dies Depression is truly an evil condition and the loss of Robin once again shows how deadly it can be. more
- Philip Evans on Robin Williams, 63, dies a very funny man hiding behind a lot of sadness, he put a smile on so many faces. more
- Mandi on Robin Williams, 63, dies Im gutted this bloke was awsome and so talented my favourite movie One hour Photo. more
- Cheryl Skinner on Robin Williams, 63, dies My eyes are leaking copious amounts of salty stuff on the sad news of Robin Williams passing. Yet another legend gone R.I.P. more
- smt on Robin Williams, 63, dies So VERY VERY sad indeed I absolutely agree with Jill (at 10.01) VALE Robin we will miss your humour and brilliant mind more
- Jill on Robin Williams, 63, dies Instead of some of the rubbish that is shown on television these days, how about the channels doing a repeat on some of ... more
- Stephen on Robin Williams, 63, dies Thank you for making us laugh and at times cry. You will be missed and the world has been a better place for your tme with ... more
- Heather on Robin Williams, 63, dies Rest in peace beautiful man and thank you for all the laughter and wonderful movies which will be cherished! The world was ... more
Liz Hurley breaks her silence on Warne
Elizabeth Hurley has fuelled rumours she and Shane Warne have split, tweeting an apology for her recent silence on "events" claiming it was "too raw and personal to share right now".
Hurley and Warne have not tweeted each other since September 1 when she wished him a "Happy Father's Day".
Apologies to loyal followers for Twitter silence on recent events. Too raw & personal to share right now.— Elizabeth Hurley (@ElizabethHurley) September 18, 2013
But Warne was quick to deny the rumours were true, tweeting:
Some of the reports re EH & me r absolute rubbish. Yes we're sorting through some (private) issues. But we're not throwing the towel in yet— Shane Warne (@warne888) September 18, 2013
The popular couple are known for their affectionate tweets to each other.
Earlier Wednesday, Warne cancelled a press conference at the last minute including postponing his high-profile event tonight to launch his foundation's ambassadors program.
Entertainment reporter Peter Ford, who broke the Hurley-Warne story on Monday’s Breakfast program, said he would usually avoid delving into people’s private lives but said this story was different.
“Shane and Elizabeth have very, very happily played out their private lives for public consumption, to the point of almost turning it into a soap opera by way of Twitter,” he said.
“I think it’s very hard to then suddenly be able to say ‘no this is our public life, we don’t want to give away any details’, you’re entitled to say that … but you can’t really expect the press to cope that.
“(But) they do deserve some space to be able to work on their issues, I think the biggest issue for them is the distance.”
Ford said he found the difference in tone between the two tweets “interesting”.
“If you see what Elizabeth wrote … that to me between the line says ‘it’s over’, if you look at what Shane said about ‘we’re not throwing the towel in yet’ then that to me reads ‘it’s not over until it’s over’,” he told the Breakfast program.
“I think Shane’s still holding out some hope of some kind of some kind of reconciliation in this case.
“Yesterday also, there was a photo that emerged of Elizabeth walking through one of the streets in London, and she very deliberately was holding her hands up for the paparazzi to see that there was no engagement ring on the finger.”
To think Shane spent all that money, on making him look more "youthful" ?Neil Thursday 19 September, 2013 - 5:31 PM
I couldn't care less. Is this news ?Christine Thursday 19 September, 2013 - 4:09 PM
as I understand it she loves a bald head!Jim Thursday 19 September, 2013 - 3:54 PM
You can also try googling "Liz Hurley in air rage debacle". Seems to me like Liz and Warney were made for each other. The King And Queens of rude, bogan behaviour.Rob Santiana Thursday 19 September, 2013 - 9:20 AM
is it abad thing that shane wants to spend time with his kidsdav Wednesday 18 September, 2013 - 11:43 PM
Could somebody please let Liz know that I'm available and have all my own hair. I can tweet too. Actually don't bother. I've just been advised to google "rude Liz Hurley" and having done so realise that she's a bit of a nightmare.Max Wednesday 18 September, 2013 - 8:15 PM