- Snow falls across Victoria
- Woman hit by cement truck
- ABC Melbourne axes 80 jobs
- Clive's on-board, says gov't
- Fugitive arrested in Ballarat
- Notices based on AFL information
- Funds axed, Pararoos 'not worthy'
- 'My son needs cannabis oil to live'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- PR on Clive's on-board, says gov't Well clive im all for you,but you better build great golf course,s more
- Jan on Clive's on-board, says gov't Palmer is a complete fool, is possible that some-one could remind him he is supposed to be SERVING the Australian people, ... more
- PJ on Clive's on-board, says gov't A second poll on the carbon tax hosted by a well known media outlet got approx the same results twice:Scrap the carbon tax ... more
- Gloria on Clive's on-board, says gov't With the wealth that big, fat Palmer has you would think he would be able to afford a dietician. Watching him walk, with all ... more
- Terry2toes on 'My son needs cannabis oil to live' The health minister should be sacked for not knowing about the developments with medicinal cannabis. He probably sent the ... more
- Joan on 'My son needs cannabis oil to live' What's wrong with everyone the boys doctors are ok with the oil, can't the police not see what a difference It's making to ... more
- Jane on Funds axed, Pararoos 'not worthy' Couldn't the 20,000 people who signed just donate $10 each if they think it's worthier than other causes? more
- Jane on iPhone travels to Japan and back Like finding a plastic toy in your cereal in the good ol days! ;-) more
- robyn brown on 'My son needs cannabis oil to live' i know rhett and cassie personally .... what this system is doing to them is absolute uncalled for ... the ... more
- sm on 'My son needs cannabis oil to live' me too more
- Mal on 'My son needs cannabis oil to live' I need some too. more
- Time for the TRUTH on 'We're reforming the system' How much longer are we going to put up with this useless Minister making excuses for the broken system of our most ... more
- ray on Police call to slash blood-alcohol limit Its another example of the nannies trying to run the nanny state. If the concern is that people caught over .05 are not ... more
- sm on Police call to slash blood-alcohol limit Govt should NOT be required, at enormous cost, to regulate the very same humans who are allowed to vote but then drive drunk ... more
- Factsseeker on Police call to slash blood-alcohol limit The relative risk between zero alcohol and 0.05% is so small that it is hardly worth all the extra police cost and time. ... more
- Steve on Police call to slash blood-alcohol limit It's going to get to the point where you won't even be able to smell the wine bottle cork for fear of going over the limit. more
- mary on Business owner destroys Harris mural NEEDS AC OUPLE MORE COATS OF PAINT ...CAN STILL SEE IT more
- jgl Melb on Merlino denounces union thuggery He, Merlino, would say that...Wouldn't he! more
- ian on Merlino denounces union thuggery Wake up Melino more
- Lukew on Woolies' in-store service ... I think it is a worry that Woolies and Coles are broadening their products and services to the extent that they are. We ... more
Victoria NOT about to erupt
WEDNESDAY: A leading vulcanologist says there's no need to fear the states volcanic region will erupt after yesterday's earthquake near Korumburra.
The University of Melbourne has identified scores of small volcanoes in the state's west which erupt every 2,000 years, and are overdue.
But Professor Bernie Joyce says volcanoes normally react independently of earth tremors.
TUESDAY: People in Melbourne and surrounds felt an earth tremor shortly after 11:30am on Tuesday.
The epicentre of the tremor was believed to be in Korumburra and the magnitude was 4.4.
Professor Ian Cartwright from Monash University's school of geoscience has told Neil Mitchell that quakes in Victoria are likely to be centered on fault lines in the Gippsland area.
A smaller aftershock measuring 3.0 on the richter scale struck about 12:37pm.
There have been no reports of any damage or injury.
Let us know if you felt the tremor, where you are and how bad it was below.
Meanwhile, a 6.5 magnitude earthquake has been felt across much of New Zealand.
No major damage is expected.
3AW Twitter Followers:
SamanthaC_92 @3AW693 I thought so!!! I was thinking the wind couldn't be THAT strong..
@degan1970 @RossAndJohn @3AW693 Sure did, was a good old rumble in Kew #Melbourneshakes
@gohsuket メルボルンで地震か RT @3AW693: QUAKING NEWS: Yep, tweets, calls and reports that Melbourne just experienced an earth tremor #MelbourneShaking
@zakkkka @3AW693 sitting at docklands ch7 building.our office started shaking,pictures on the walls shaking.was very surreal!
@MsClaireBella @3AW693 Strong enough on Bourke St CBD to spill a glass of water sitting on my desk on the 9th floor of 30. #MelbourneShaking
@arfee1 @3AW693 sorry Guys. I've just received confirmation that this was @The_HE_man jack-hammering in Eastern suburbs
@LadyWriterMelb @RossAndJohn @3AW693 Felt it in the outer east, in Croydon. My glass kitchen table was shaking! My cat was relatively unimpressed
*The epicentre was just outside of Korumburra*
UPDATE: The State Emergency Service is warning strong winds could last until the weekend in some areas. Gippsland and Ballarat have so far been the worst hit with gusts of up to 160 kilometres an hour. Click on the image on the right for more.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Constantly on the go? Want to know what's happening in your world? Let 3AW keep you up to speed with the aid of social facilitator Twitter. News, views and the most interactive Twitter feed in Australian media.
- Follow Neil on Twitter!
- Follow 'Human Headline'
- Ross and John on Twitter
- Brian Taylor on Twitter
- 3AW Football on Twitter
- Denis Walter on Twitter
- Dwayne Russell on Twitter
- Matt Richo on Twitter
- Heidi Murphy's State Politics
- Tony Tardio on Twitter
- Donna Demaio on Twitter
- Weekend Break on Twitter
- Mitchell's Producer Justin Smith
- Nicole Denton (Ruth Serum)
- Hinch's Producer Shannon Reid
- Simon Owens on Twitter
- Mitchell Program's Seb Costello
- Online Manager Ben Wise
Live in Benalla Vic feft it here, weird feelingLeanne Hind Tuesday 19 June, 2012 - 9:27 PM
I live in Kilmore and we just had things falling off shelves, didnt know what was happening!!!Caroline Tuesday 19 June, 2012 - 9:18 PM
9.00pm tuesday evening
earth tremor lasted 2 mins
whole house was shakingkevin matthews Tuesday 19 June, 2012 - 9:11 PM
That leading vulcanologist says there's no need to fear so what happends over the next 30 years. Korumburra is just down the road from a very big desalination plantcol Wednesday 6 July, 2011 - 3:33 PM
another tremor at approx 7.15pm tues night in poowong, approx 20kms from korumburra (3.7 supposedly). Another big enough rumble. Hopefully that's all for the night, week, month, year...fiona Tuesday 5 July, 2011 - 9:26 PM
I work for Frankston Councl and was in Langwarrn at th time and felt the earth quake , the huse i was in shook slightly . my brther lives in kurrumburra , the was one there not long ago dose tha meen there will be something a bit stronger in the futurevalerie maude Tuesday 5 July, 2011 - 8:10 PM