- Ashes wrap, Adelaide test
- 2014 alphabet of sport
- Ashes Day Two Wrap
- AFL's newest senior coach
- More aggression from Australia
- Un-changed team for second test
- Caro's high's and low's of 2013
- Hewitt's clip to Tomic
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Albert chapman on Caro's high's and low's of 2013 Kazza. I couldn't agree more with your assumption and the same with Jeff Kennetts evaluation of the AFL . more
- Christine on Caro's high's and low's of 2013 I wouldn't miss Ms Wilson if she decided it was time to go. She could still draw a pay cheque from the AFL. more
- Kazza on Caro's high's and low's of 2013 It is double standards. How do players who have injections put into their systems not banned. Saad has a drink, which he ... more
- crow nut on Bailey in hospital, suspected lung ... Dean, please, we're going to need as many hands as we can get to polish all the premiership cups we're going to collect over ... more
- Christine on Hewitt's clip to Tomic Hewitt is so deserving. Always professional and totally committed to representing Australia. more
- CHRIS WATTS on Concerns over Clarke's ankle BUT WHAT ABOUT HIS BACK... more
- andrea on Josh Fraser responds to Darren Jolly ... after collinwood won in 2010 after match on the field joshy looked soooo sulky it was a disgrace, he was minimally happy ... more
- Go Mighty Maggies on Bailey in hospital, suspected lung ... Good Luck Dean, no one deserves to have this damn insidious disease. more
- Gazza on Bailey in hospital, suspected lung ... Best wishes to dean and his family. more
- CHRIS WATTS on Bailey in hospital, suspected lung ... so have a lot of other people.ok more
- Sledging for Victory on ‘We’re getting close to fisty-cuffs’ Thank God Lehmann is the Aussie coach and not Chappell. more
- PJ on 'Verbal intimidation is as old as the ... ha ha they're all mates. The English and Aussies play County Cricket together, drink and socialise. They go to each others ... more
- Mark on ‘We’re getting close to fisty-cuffs’ Ian Chappell is spot on. Words of wisdom from our greatest Test captain. more
- HarryF on Trott departs Ashes series Flower needs to pull his head in. If Trott is ill he shouldn't have been on the tour in the first place! You con't blame ... more
- Catherine on Trott departs Ashes series Warner was out of line and should not be a spokesman for the cricket team. He is a bogan. more
- Jake on 2013 AFL draft list A big congratulations to the year 12 boys from Brighton Grammar 2, 9 and 57. more
- bc on Trott departs Ashes series maybe loud mouth warner should depart as well big mouth big head as well he has had more chances and says he is sorry what a ... more
- Pauline - Traralgon on Caro: All Stars series 'was a disaster' well they selected 2nd rate players and all had to be indigenous to be considered for a game so what do you expect. Had they ... more
- Matthew on Lovett-Murray checks into rehab Not his fault, it's the culture of Aussie Ball. Compare the appalling behaviour of Aussie Ball players who aren't on huge ... more
- Christine on Caro: All Stars series 'was a disaster' Couldn't care less what Ms Wilson thinks, she has lost all credibility. From once a fair journalist to a old spiteful hag. more
Aussie Surfer Joel Parkinson prepares for world title showdown
Australian Surfer Joel Parkinson says he will be treating the upcoming ASP Season Final like any other event despite it being the closest season finale in the history of professional surfing.
Parkinson leads 11-time world champ Kelly Slater for the coveted crown which will be decided at the Billabong Pipe Masters next month.
Aussie Mick Fanning also remains a mathematical chance but would need Parkinson and Slater to both fall out in the early rounds for any chance of snatching his third title.
Parkinson, a 4-time tour runner-up, told 3AW Sports Today he’s overwhelmed at the support and can’t wait for the event to start.
“This morning my daughter came home from school with a letter from her whole class saying ‘Good luck Daddy, good luck Joel’,”
“It is kind of overwhelming. I’m just treating it like it another event coming up” he said.
However ‘Parko’ is under no illusions that he’ll have to be surfing at his best to secure his maiden title.
“It’s all up in the air. Kelly is no slouch at Pipe and Mick Fanning is no slouch anywhere. I think it is going to be a very good battle” he said.
The Billabong Pipe Masters will be run at the Hawaiian Banzai Pipeline from December 8 – 20, 2012.
IMAGE: Joel Parkinson surfing Bells Beach in April (FFX)
Former AFL stars Dwayne Russell and Gerard Healy keep you informed about the game all year round, but particularly in-season. When AFL takes a break, the boys ensure all of your sporting requirements are met.