- 'Carlisle 100% playing for Essendon'
- Riewoldt pays tribute to Luke Ball
- Hunt experiment 'belittled the AFL'
- Cox: Business class better for recovery
- Ex-Cat sues club doctor
- Hayes: 'I never said I would coach'
- 'We won't flirt with form'
- Lloyd: 'I got it wrong with Buddy'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Stephen on 4-year soccer bonanza in Australia You better give a rats because the AFL are driving kids and supporters away from Footy. The grass roots rise in Football ... more
- GIW on 4-year soccer bonanza in Australia Well I couldn't give a rats about soccer, bloody MCC turncoats. The sooner we build our own stadium and give them the flick ... more
- Gloss on 'Hirdy's had the big win today' I don't believe he had a win it just proved to many how devious he is and please let us know what the inducements where as ... more
- mylene on 'Hirdy's had the big win today' If 'a big win' is digging yourself into a hole so big you can't get out of it I agree. :p more
- Stephen on 'Hirdy's had the big win today' Not according to Caro Wilson he hasn't. According to her telling the truth is him not getting it!! Caro you are the one who ... more
- Scott on 'Hirdy's had the big win today' I think he is deluded then and a poor reporter more
- John D on AFL GF clash with Turnbull Stakes have a night Grand Final which will suit both parties. more
- ASC Insider on Lid blown on AA ‘dictatorship’ Yeh right. Let the ASC / AIS be involved and investigate. Try airing any criticism at the ASC and see what bullying and ... more
- Christine on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' As a Bomber fan your boot kicked us into many losses, but I wish you all the best. You are a credit to the Lions and ... more
- Stephen on FIFA probes Suarez biting claims Previous form, so about time this man got a decent ban. The rest of this tournament should do it. But I doubt it!! more
- Joe Garra on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' PS: Who is Matthews?#moresillymistakesonthe3awwebsite#employbetterwriters more
- Joe Garra on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' Congratulations, a genuine champion more
- Gloria on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' Good on ya Brownie, take care... more
- Carolyn on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' You are a true champion Jonathon Brown. more
- Gloss on 'Let's exploit it for the kids' About time, not all fans are religious, in fact in this day and age those who do not observe Easter would be very high. more
- hawkeye on 'Let's exploit it for the kids' Why don't we just have AFL matches every day of the week, NO THANKS there's to much already. more
- Robyn on 'Let's exploit it for the kids' I can not believe how selfish the AFL are. They will expect these games to be televised an no doubt this will be to the ... more
- Bryn on Watson to miss up to 10 weeks What a shame for jobe what champ more
- David Edwards on Aussie Riccardio wins Canadian GP Great work from Daniel.I wonder what Mark Webber feels about this?It makes his complaints abut Red Bull and Vettle look like ... more
- Jan Lannan on Carlton defender sacked Ofcourse he shld b sacked he has had many chances & help at Carlton but chose not 2 listen if he was a Snr Player they wld ... more
Aussie Surfer Joel Parkinson prepares for world title showdown
Australian Surfer Joel Parkinson says he will be treating the upcoming ASP Season Final like any other event despite it being the closest season finale in the history of professional surfing.
Parkinson leads 11-time world champ Kelly Slater for the coveted crown which will be decided at the Billabong Pipe Masters next month.
Aussie Mick Fanning also remains a mathematical chance but would need Parkinson and Slater to both fall out in the early rounds for any chance of snatching his third title.
Parkinson, a 4-time tour runner-up, told 3AW Sports Today he’s overwhelmed at the support and can’t wait for the event to start.
“This morning my daughter came home from school with a letter from her whole class saying ‘Good luck Daddy, good luck Joel’,”
“It is kind of overwhelming. I’m just treating it like it another event coming up” he said.
However ‘Parko’ is under no illusions that he’ll have to be surfing at his best to secure his maiden title.
“It’s all up in the air. Kelly is no slouch at Pipe and Mick Fanning is no slouch anywhere. I think it is going to be a very good battle” he said.
The Billabong Pipe Masters will be run at the Hawaiian Banzai Pipeline from December 8 – 20, 2012.
IMAGE: Joel Parkinson surfing Bells Beach in April (FFX)
Former AFL stars Dwayne Russell and Gerard Healy keep you informed about the game all year round, but particularly in-season. When AFL takes a break, the boys ensure all of your sporting requirements are met.