- Hodge cleared by MRP
- Gerard Healy responds to Garry Lyon
- Craig uncertain on top job
- Past haunts Saints: Caroline Wilson
- Is this the worst coaching performance of the year?
- 'Mark Williams is Melbourne's man'
- Warner banned until the Ashes
- Hardwick 'bewildered' by umpires Essendon approach
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- sacrifice, is that selling my ipod on Caroline Wilson suggests Tigers ... OFFER HIM 4 SUITS AND 12 SHIRTS.TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT..ps as an added incentive offer himSaurdayt morn with axil at vic ... more
- jgl Melb on Kewell has the heart Talk about coming back to the field.And you can bet he'll be paying his own rent this time as opposed to his last five star ... more
- Iain on McGuire 'Shattered' over comments Harry O'Brien is right - there is an undercurrent of racism in Australia cloked in comedy or larrikanism or 'suck it up' or ... more
- Graeme on Round 9 Ins and Outs I'm wondering if Eddie is going to fall on his sword when this so called "coaching transition" he orchestrated ultimately ... more
- IAN on Twitter tirade target says Warner ... Good on you "David" for sticking it to these so called Journalists. Keep up the good work. more
- David Harrison on Gay Pride Round 'excellent idea' So, in the interests of fairness, are we going to have a straight pride day? How about a Christian pride day. Or maybe a ... more
- Justine on Gay Pride Round 'excellent idea' Now we are getting silly having a special day to celebrate someones sexuality. Football is for the masses regardless of ... more
- Milton on Gay Pride Round 'excellent idea' Give us a break! more
- mylene on Former Melbourne Storm captain to enter ... What could possibly go wrong? more
- Darius on Mark Neeld 'an unmitigated disaster' I always enjoy Caroline Wilson's insightful comments. Unlike many of the chest-beating, hyper-masculine and egoistical ... more
- Mick English on Mark Neeld 'an unmitigated disaster' Seriously, Caroline, does anyone actually rate you as a commentator? Your article doesn't contain any facts, just assertions ... more
- Jillian on Mark Neeld 'an unmitigated disaster' Which A.F.L. football team would you like to coach Caroline Wilson? Seeing that you think you have all the answers on ... more
- Pj on Mark Neeld 'an unmitigated disaster' Melbourne have been in a steep dive decline since the sad passing of Stynzy. Neeld is a total disaster. Most weekends its ... more
- fred on Mark Neeld 'an unmitigated disaster' who the hell does this sports reporter think she is? It's one thing to carry a personal campaign against james hird, but ... more
- mark on Essendon: 'We've admitted nothing ... Ken maybe because the investigation isnt over yet and small minded people like yourself just like to believe whatever you ... more
- Macca on Beckham to hang up boots Big deal, we have Majak Daw, he is a African & plays AFL...shows how our game is spreading across the globe. Soccer is ... more
- jgl Melb on Beckham to hang up boots Any danger this might get his churlish,sour faced missus to crack a smile? Somehow I don't fink so. more
- gws r as good as dead on GWS coach Kevin Sheedy on Sports Today sheedy's nothing more than a sook. Only efaniks play 'wogball' Hey ONLY country bogan skip play boganball. SO ... more
- Sten on GWS coach Kevin Sheedy on Sports Today whether KS is labeled a racist or not isn't the issue (i dont think he is), the facts is that for the majority of people in ... more
- RIP VICBALL on GWS coach Kevin Sheedy on Sports Today sheedys is a NOTHING identity in NSW. He needs his 50+anglo males victorians to give him a shoulder to cry on because the ... more
Aussie Surfer Joel Parkinson prepares for world title showdown
Australian Surfer Joel Parkinson says he will be treating the upcoming ASP Season Final like any other event despite it being the closest season finale in the history of professional surfing.
Parkinson leads 11-time world champ Kelly Slater for the coveted crown which will be decided at the Billabong Pipe Masters next month.
Aussie Mick Fanning also remains a mathematical chance but would need Parkinson and Slater to both fall out in the early rounds for any chance of snatching his third title.
Parkinson, a 4-time tour runner-up, told 3AW Sports Today he’s overwhelmed at the support and can’t wait for the event to start.
“This morning my daughter came home from school with a letter from her whole class saying ‘Good luck Daddy, good luck Joel’,”
“It is kind of overwhelming. I’m just treating it like it another event coming up” he said.
However ‘Parko’ is under no illusions that he’ll have to be surfing at his best to secure his maiden title.
“It’s all up in the air. Kelly is no slouch at Pipe and Mick Fanning is no slouch anywhere. I think it is going to be a very good battle” he said.
The Billabong Pipe Masters will be run at the Hawaiian Banzai Pipeline from December 8 – 20, 2012.
IMAGE: Joel Parkinson surfing Bells Beach in April (FFX)
Former AFL stars Dwayne Russell and Gerard Healy keep you informed about the game all year round, but particularly in-season. When AFL takes a break, the boys ensure all of your sporting requirements are met.