- Faulkner injured in nets
- Weather won't make difference: Clarke
- Tigers extend Hardwick's contract
- Essendon elect board members
- Ashes wrap, Adelaide test
- 2014 alphabet of sport
- Ashes Day Two Wrap
- AFL's newest senior coach
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Christine on Essendon elect board members @Andrew - here's the thing fool, you're not being offered the job and they wouldn't want you. The EFC has never been ... more
- Christine on Essendon elect board members Excellent appointment. more
- Andrew on Essendon elect board members Wouldn't want that job - a bunch of cheats! more
- Frankl on Essendon elect board members I hope Simon Madden for Essendon's sake has a bit more between the ears than his dopey brother Justin. more
- Albert chapman on Caro's high's and low's of 2013 Kazza. I couldn't agree more with your assumption and the same with Jeff Kennetts evaluation of the AFL . more
- Christine on Caro's high's and low's of 2013 I wouldn't miss Ms Wilson if she decided it was time to go. She could still draw a pay cheque from the AFL. more
- Kazza on Caro's high's and low's of 2013 It is double standards. How do players who have injections put into their systems not banned. Saad has a drink, which he ... more
- crow nut on Bailey in hospital, suspected lung ... Dean, please, we're going to need as many hands as we can get to polish all the premiership cups we're going to collect over ... more
- Christine on Hewitt's clip to Tomic Hewitt is so deserving. Always professional and totally committed to representing Australia. more
- CHRIS WATTS on Concerns over Clarke's ankle BUT WHAT ABOUT HIS BACK... more
- andrea on Josh Fraser responds to Darren Jolly ... after collinwood won in 2010 after match on the field joshy looked soooo sulky it was a disgrace, he was minimally happy ... more
- Go Mighty Maggies on Bailey in hospital, suspected lung ... Good Luck Dean, no one deserves to have this damn insidious disease. more
- Gazza on Bailey in hospital, suspected lung ... Best wishes to dean and his family. more
- CHRIS WATTS on Bailey in hospital, suspected lung ... so have a lot of other people.ok more
- Sledging for Victory on ‘We’re getting close to fisty-cuffs’ Thank God Lehmann is the Aussie coach and not Chappell. more
- PJ on 'Verbal intimidation is as old as the ... ha ha they're all mates. The English and Aussies play County Cricket together, drink and socialise. They go to each others ... more
- Mark on ‘We’re getting close to fisty-cuffs’ Ian Chappell is spot on. Words of wisdom from our greatest Test captain. more
- HarryF on Trott departs Ashes series Flower needs to pull his head in. If Trott is ill he shouldn't have been on the tour in the first place! You con't blame ... more
- Catherine on Trott departs Ashes series Warner was out of line and should not be a spokesman for the cricket team. He is a bogan. more
- Jake on 2013 AFL draft list A big congratulations to the year 12 boys from Brighton Grammar 2, 9 and 57. more
Get behind Beau Vernon's fundraiser
23 year old Leongatha Football Club Vice Captain Beau Vernon was recently injured in a tragic on-field collision. He has suffered a crushed spinal cord and damage to his C5 and C6 vertebrae, which has left him a quadriplegic.
It is expected Beau’s hospital fees, along with carers, equipment and aid for his lifetime will exceed $3.2 million. The family hope to receive between $150,000 - $200,000 in insurance, leaving them far short of the funds they desperately need. But even this is not guaranteed.
The AFL community has come together in a show of solidarity to help raise much needed funds for Beau and his family. This includes donating to an online auction and helping to support a fundraising dinner.
We encourage you to bid in the online auction on a number of money can’t buy experiences or to register your interest in securing a table at the fundraising dinner on Thursday 30th in the ME Bank Centre at The Richmond Football Club’.
Former AFL stars Dwayne Russell and Gerard Healy keep you informed about the game all year round, but particularly in-season. When AFL takes a break, the boys ensure all of your sporting requirements are met.