- Matthews: 'Give them a priority pick'
- Melbourne's plan for regeneration
- Sharks players issued show-cause notices
- St Kilda boss on priority picks
- Cameron Ling: 'Never say never'
- AFL confirms Etihad shade analysis
- No holding back against Hawks
- Horror season part of the plan
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Stephen on 4-year soccer bonanza in Australia You better give a rats because the AFL are driving kids and supporters away from Footy. The grass roots rise in Football ... more
- GIW on 4-year soccer bonanza in Australia Well I couldn't give a rats about soccer, bloody MCC turncoats. The sooner we build our own stadium and give them the flick ... more
- Gloss on 'Hirdy's had the big win today' I don't believe he had a win it just proved to many how devious he is and please let us know what the inducements where as ... more
- mylene on 'Hirdy's had the big win today' If 'a big win' is digging yourself into a hole so big you can't get out of it I agree. :p more
- Stephen on 'Hirdy's had the big win today' Not according to Caro Wilson he hasn't. According to her telling the truth is him not getting it!! Caro you are the one who ... more
- Scott on 'Hirdy's had the big win today' I think he is deluded then and a poor reporter more
- John D on AFL GF clash with Turnbull Stakes have a night Grand Final which will suit both parties. more
- ASC Insider on Lid blown on AA ‘dictatorship’ Yeh right. Let the ASC / AIS be involved and investigate. Try airing any criticism at the ASC and see what bullying and ... more
- Christine on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' As a Bomber fan your boot kicked us into many losses, but I wish you all the best. You are a credit to the Lions and ... more
- Stephen on FIFA probes Suarez biting claims Previous form, so about time this man got a decent ban. The rest of this tournament should do it. But I doubt it!! more
- Joe Garra on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' PS: Who is Matthews?#moresillymistakesonthe3awwebsite#employbetterwriters more
- Joe Garra on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' Congratulations, a genuine champion more
- Gloria on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' Good on ya Brownie, take care... more
- Carolyn on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' You are a true champion Jonathon Brown. more
- Gloss on 'Let's exploit it for the kids' About time, not all fans are religious, in fact in this day and age those who do not observe Easter would be very high. more
- hawkeye on 'Let's exploit it for the kids' Why don't we just have AFL matches every day of the week, NO THANKS there's to much already. more
- Robyn on 'Let's exploit it for the kids' I can not believe how selfish the AFL are. They will expect these games to be televised an no doubt this will be to the ... more
- Bryn on Watson to miss up to 10 weeks What a shame for jobe what champ more
- David Edwards on Aussie Riccardio wins Canadian GP Great work from Daniel.I wonder what Mark Webber feels about this?It makes his complaints abut Red Bull and Vettle look like ... more
- Jan Lannan on Carlton defender sacked Ofcourse he shld b sacked he has had many chances & help at Carlton but chose not 2 listen if he was a Snr Player they wld ... more
Howzat! Tony Greig on Sports Today
LISTEN BELOW: Tony Greig on 3AW Sports Today
Tony Greig says he is happy with the way he is portrayed in Channel 9 smash hit miniseries Howzat! Kerry Packer's War but joked he ‘would have preferred Brad Pitt’.
“I’m very happy with the way they portrayed me so far, they made me look relatively smart. I thought they did a good job” the former English captain told 3AW Sports Today.
However Mr Greig admitted there were a number of scenes that were not entirely accurate.
“From a personal point of view that sort of upsets you a little bit, but I don’t think you can make a show that rated as well as this one did without doing a few of those things”
As the series continues Tony says he is looking forward to the audience seeing another side to Kerry Packer.
“The generosity, the astuteness of the man. Hopefully that is still to come because he really wasn’t just a one dimensional ‘nasty’ so to speak” Tony said.
The first episode of Howzat! Kerry Packer's War, pulled a massive 2.097 million viewers and continues on Channel 9 this Sunday (26/8).
LISTEN BELOW: Tony Greig on 3AW Sports Today
VIDEO: The man charged with the task of playing arguably the most influential man in the Australian media has described Channel 9's Howzat! Kerry Packer's War as 'the story of a lonely little rich kid with no mates'.