- 'Carlisle 100% playing for Essendon'
- Riewoldt pays tribute to Luke Ball
- Hunt experiment 'belittled the AFL'
- Cox: Business class better for recovery
- Ex-Cat sues club doctor
- Hayes: 'I never said I would coach'
- 'We won't flirt with form'
- Lloyd: 'I got it wrong with Buddy'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Stephen on 4-year soccer bonanza in Australia You better give a rats because the AFL are driving kids and supporters away from Footy. The grass roots rise in Football ... more
- GIW on 4-year soccer bonanza in Australia Well I couldn't give a rats about soccer, bloody MCC turncoats. The sooner we build our own stadium and give them the flick ... more
- Gloss on 'Hirdy's had the big win today' I don't believe he had a win it just proved to many how devious he is and please let us know what the inducements where as ... more
- mylene on 'Hirdy's had the big win today' If 'a big win' is digging yourself into a hole so big you can't get out of it I agree. :p more
- Stephen on 'Hirdy's had the big win today' Not according to Caro Wilson he hasn't. According to her telling the truth is him not getting it!! Caro you are the one who ... more
- Scott on 'Hirdy's had the big win today' I think he is deluded then and a poor reporter more
- John D on AFL GF clash with Turnbull Stakes have a night Grand Final which will suit both parties. more
- ASC Insider on Lid blown on AA ‘dictatorship’ Yeh right. Let the ASC / AIS be involved and investigate. Try airing any criticism at the ASC and see what bullying and ... more
- Christine on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' As a Bomber fan your boot kicked us into many losses, but I wish you all the best. You are a credit to the Lions and ... more
- Stephen on FIFA probes Suarez biting claims Previous form, so about time this man got a decent ban. The rest of this tournament should do it. But I doubt it!! more
- Joe Garra on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' PS: Who is Matthews?#moresillymistakesonthe3awwebsite#employbetterwriters more
- Joe Garra on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' Congratulations, a genuine champion more
- Gloria on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' Good on ya Brownie, take care... more
- Carolyn on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' You are a true champion Jonathon Brown. more
- Gloss on 'Let's exploit it for the kids' About time, not all fans are religious, in fact in this day and age those who do not observe Easter would be very high. more
- hawkeye on 'Let's exploit it for the kids' Why don't we just have AFL matches every day of the week, NO THANKS there's to much already. more
- Robyn on 'Let's exploit it for the kids' I can not believe how selfish the AFL are. They will expect these games to be televised an no doubt this will be to the ... more
- Bryn on Watson to miss up to 10 weeks What a shame for jobe what champ more
- David Edwards on Aussie Riccardio wins Canadian GP Great work from Daniel.I wonder what Mark Webber feels about this?It makes his complaints abut Red Bull and Vettle look like ... more
- Jan Lannan on Carlton defender sacked Ofcourse he shld b sacked he has had many chances & help at Carlton but chose not 2 listen if he was a Snr Player they wld ... more
Jack Viney to face tribunal over triple head clash
Melbourne's Jack Viney is set to face the tribunal on Tuesday night after a collision that left Adelaide's Tom Lynch with a broken jaw at the weekend.
The triple head clash, which also involved Melbourne's Alex Georgiou, occurred early in Saturday's match at the Adelaide Oval.
Lynch was leading his opponent, Georgiou, to centre half-forward and gained possession just before Viney, who was coming from the opposite direction.
But speaking on Sports Today, Matthew Lloyd said if Viney didn't brace he would have knocked himself out.
"He would have left himself that open. It’s such a split second thing, I hope he gets off for the sake of the game," he said.
"It’s such a fast game ... it would have just been like ten pin bowling smashing into Lynch and also Georgiou. All of the heads would have just gone smashing into eachother."
Brian Taylor said after pausing the video he believed Viney was standing flat-footed erect.
Gerard Healy disagreed.
"It looked to me like he was going for the ball and then he made a decision not to go for the ball and he decided to bump," Healy said.
"I can understand that there's an element of doubt.
"I wouldn't be surprised if Mark Evans has encouraged the panel to put it up to be adjudicated. I think it needs clarifying one way or the other.
"I think he'll be lucky to get off."
WATCH: Triple head clash sees two subbed
JACK VINEY GOT 2 WEEKS IT WAS NOT DELIBERATE THAT I COULD SEE, NO WONDER PEOPLE ARE LOOSING INTEREST WITH AFL FOOTBALL.
I KNOW THE ADELAIDE PLAYER GOT A BROKEN JAW.
BUT LOOKING AT THE VIDIO U CAN SEE CLEARLY HE DID NOT DO IT DELIBERATLY I WILL STICK WITH LOCAL FOOTY FROM NOW ON SHAME AFL CHEERS OWENowen rebecca Tuesday 6 May, 2014 - 7:52 PM