- Pancake challenge: Johnson v Brown
- Port Adelaide's Dom Cassisi to retire
- Ablett to miss remainder of season
- Players' names 'confidentially provided'
- Big Bash League - Full Schedule
- Bombers-ASADA court showdown
- ‘Don’t write off the Cats’
- Shane Crawford’s weekend focus
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Christine on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' As a Bomber fan your boot kicked us into many losses, but I wish you all the best. You are a credit to the Lions and ... more
- Stephen on FIFA probes Suarez biting claims Previous form, so about time this man got a decent ban. The rest of this tournament should do it. But I doubt it!! more
- Joe Garra on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' PS: Who is Matthews?#moresillymistakesonthe3awwebsite#employbetterwriters more
- Joe Garra on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' Congratulations, a genuine champion more
- Gloria on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' Good on ya Brownie, take care... more
- Carolyn on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' You are a true champion Jonathon Brown. more
- Gloss on 'Let's exploit it for the kids' About time, not all fans are religious, in fact in this day and age those who do not observe Easter would be very high. more
- hawkeye on 'Let's exploit it for the kids' Why don't we just have AFL matches every day of the week, NO THANKS there's to much already. more
- Robyn on 'Let's exploit it for the kids' I can not believe how selfish the AFL are. They will expect these games to be televised an no doubt this will be to the ... more
- Bryn on Watson to miss up to 10 weeks What a shame for jobe what champ more
- David Edwards on Aussie Riccardio wins Canadian GP Great work from Daniel.I wonder what Mark Webber feels about this?It makes his complaints abut Red Bull and Vettle look like ... more
- Jan Lannan on Carlton defender sacked Ofcourse he shld b sacked he has had many chances & help at Carlton but chose not 2 listen if he was a Snr Player they wld ... more
- ian on Carlton defender sacked If he was in the top "10" would they sack him??? Guess What... Get real ?????? more
- ian on Carlton defender sacked Josh,Keep going,Look for a better CLUB. more
- owen rebecca on Jack Viney to face tribunal over triple ... JACK VINEY GOT 2 WEEKS IT WAS NOT DELIBERATE THAT I COULD SEE, NO WONDER PEOPLE ARE LOOSING INTEREST WITH AFL FOOTBALL.I ... more
- theworldaccordingtoJim on James Hird, as you were It was obvious Hird would be reinstated.He knows way too much of the real truth to ever be sacked.He has the AFL over a ... more
- Mary DiIenno on James Hird, as you were What a joke E.F.C have made a mockery of the AFL. The President of the club needs to step down as he has no idea of what he ... more
- Greg on 'Listen to Clarkson': Kennett Kennett wanted Clarkson sacked after rd 1 last year.Why does 3AW have this Buffoon on the radio,he hasn't any credibility. more
- Jester4212 on 'I’d really hoped we’d moved on' You can't compare AFL or NRL umpire / player disputes with international olympics. These people are supposed to be ... more
- Sergey on Blog from Sochi - Day 1 Yes! Russia - a country of miracles! ... Don't worry ... The main thing - positive look at the world! Even if it is - ... more
'Not just a footballer'
What started with a few tweets from Collingwood star Harry O'Brien has ended in a rounded debate about media ethics and raised money for those affected by famine in East Africa.
Watch a segment of the interview (playing now) or listen to the entire interview uncut below (click the related link).
What did you make of the interview, which helped raise $8,500 for Unicef?
DONATE NOW: http://www.unicef.org.au/
SCARLETT LOUNGE (Donated $2,500 and pledged that for every drink purchased this weekend $1 will ALSO be donated to Unicef): http://www.scarlettlounge.com.au/
TWEET FROM @UNICEFAUSTRALIA:
WEDNESDAY: Collingwood defender Harry O'Brien has accepted Neil Mitchell's offer to discuss issues he see with Australia's mainstream media coverage, with a catch. We need your advice .. details here.
RELATED NEIL MITCHELL VIDEO:
Constantly on the go? Want to know what's happening in your world? Let 3AW keep you up to speed with the aid of social facilitator Twitter. News, views and the most interactive Twitter feed in Australian media.
- Neil Mitchell on Twitter
- Derryn Hinch on Twitter
- Ross and John on Twitter
- Brian Taylor on Twitter
- 3AW Football on Twitter
- Tom Elliott on Twitter
- Denis Walter on Twitter
- Dwayne Russell on Twitter
- Matt Richo on Twitter
- Yvette Gray on Twitter
- Heidi Murphy on Twitter
- Tony Tardio on Twitter
- Denis O'Kane on Twitter
- Alexandra Factor on Twitter
- Donna Demaio on Twitter
- Justin Smith on Twitter
- Nicole Denton on Twitter
- Shannon Reid on Twitter
- Simon Owens on Twitter
- Seb Costello on Twitter
- Ben Wise on Twitter
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Wow!What a lovely young man.Are you sure he's a footballer?Any mother would be proud to have such a caring young sonkatie Saturday 20 August, 2011 - 10:06 AM
Was this recorded at Collingwood Inc as a community event?
If so, then Harry's pay for this time has just been paid for by Victorian taxpayers......via a deduction from the Poker machine tax that is supposed to be remitted to the State Govt.Bob Friday 19 August, 2011 - 9:21 AM
Hey Jed, if Harry O'Brien has read half a chapter of Chomsky, that would still be half a chapter more than you. You are truly a churlish individual. Well done Harry...far more of an erudite than 95% of footballers.Vic Thursday 18 August, 2011 - 10:50 PM
Thankyou Harry you are such a mature young man giving us some faith in the human race.More important issues for media to report about than what some celebraties are doing.....Please keep on playing for Collingwood love watching you play great football.GO PIES....Vicki Thursday 18 August, 2011 - 6:44 PM
Why does anyone give this cretin attention? Sounds like he's read half a chapter of Chomsky and has started parroting a bunch of first year uni grievances with the world.jed Thursday 18 August, 2011 - 4:20 PM
To Jason who called harry a goose. I think you should be shipped to GWS and left in that wasteland. You have no class.Genc Kalaja Thursday 18 August, 2011 - 2:58 PM