- We'll be aggressive: Bulldogs president
- Round 9 Ins and Outs
- Twitter tirade target says Warner over-punished
- Former Melbourne Storm captain to enter Politics
- Gay Pride Round 'excellent idea'
- On Daisy, Demons, drugs, taxing the rich and politics
- Mark Neeld 'an unmitigated disaster'
- Melbourne Storm sold to consortium
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IAN on Twitter tirade target says Warner ... Good on you "David" for sticking it to these so called Journalists. Keep up the good work. more
- Mick English on Mark Neeld 'an unmitigated disaster' Seriously, Caroline, does anyone actually rate you as a commentator? Your article doesn't contain any facts, just assertions ... more
- Jillian on Mark Neeld 'an unmitigated disaster' Which A.F.L. football team would you like to coach Caroline Wilson? Seeing that you think you have all the answers on ... more
- Pj on Mark Neeld 'an unmitigated disaster' Melbourne have been in a steep dive decline since the sad passing of Stynzy. Neeld is a total disaster. Most weekends its ... more
- fred on Mark Neeld 'an unmitigated disaster' who the hell does this sports reporter think she is? It's one thing to carry a personal campaign against james hird, but ... more
- mark on Essendon: 'We've admitted nothing ... Ken maybe because the investigation isnt over yet and small minded people like yourself just like to believe whatever you ... more
- Macca on Beckham to hang up boots Big deal, we have Majak Daw, he is a African & plays AFL...shows how our game is spreading across the globe. Soccer is ... more
- jgl Melb on Beckham to hang up boots Any danger this might get his churlish,sour faced missus to crack a smile? Somehow I don't fink so. more
- gws r as good as dead on GWS coach Kevin Sheedy on Sports Today sheedy's nothing more than a sook. Only efaniks play 'wogball' Hey ONLY country bogan skip play boganball. SO ... more
- Sten on GWS coach Kevin Sheedy on Sports Today whether KS is labeled a racist or not isn't the issue (i dont think he is), the facts is that for the majority of people in ... more
- RIP VICBALL on GWS coach Kevin Sheedy on Sports Today sheedys is a NOTHING identity in NSW. He needs his 50+anglo males victorians to give him a shoulder to cry on because the ... more
- sheeds where back pocket on GWS coach Kevin Sheedy on Sports Today Ring Ring, Ringhello craig hereGood morning sirIs that you craig foster,it's tahiti police hereCan you can back here for a ... more
- Susan on GWS coach Kevin Sheedy on Sports Today Sheedy is not racist, but the comments he made were a disgrace, xenophobic & highly offensive to many people. Why couldn't ... more
- Dr Ablett on Caroline Wilson apologises to North ... Typical of Caro, I have never been able to understand why she thinks her opinion should be taken as fact when she has such a ... more
- Dr Ablett on Essendon: 'We've admitted nothing ... I'll explain for you, Ken of Euroa, or should that be North Korea? We live in a democracy where you are innocent until ... more
- bufflow will, apprentice dentist on Gerard Healy responds to THAT Gold ... Tell him to wash/keep his false teeth in white king overnite.That will make the fans notice his nice smile and also keep him ... more
- rohan on Singleton fined, Gai charged, Tom ... What a joke. And people reckon the AFL drug scandel is a farce.Waterhouse, Singleton are a joke. You millionaires talking ... more
- Stephen on Singleton fined, Gai charged, Tom ... So the bloke who raised the alarm that something was a miss and punters were getting ripped off. Is the only one fined so ... more
- Stan on 3AW Football expert footy tips - Round ... Thank goodness for Cameron Ling,he is so knowlegable on the game,a great broadcaster.He is a real winner for 3aw.I hope he ... more
- kirbs on Josh Fraser responds to Darren Jolly ... Regardless of that says a lot about Jolly if he is dragging up tripe like this after the fact. You forgetting he deserted ... more
'Not just a footballer'
What started with a few tweets from Collingwood star Harry O'Brien has ended in a rounded debate about media ethics and raised money for those affected by famine in East Africa.
Watch a segment of the interview (playing now) or listen to the entire interview uncut below (click the related link).
What did you make of the interview, which helped raise $8,500 for Unicef?
DONATE NOW: http://www.unicef.org.au/
SCARLETT LOUNGE (Donated $2,500 and pledged that for every drink purchased this weekend $1 will ALSO be donated to Unicef): http://www.scarlettlounge.com.au/
TWEET FROM @UNICEFAUSTRALIA:
WEDNESDAY: Collingwood defender Harry O'Brien has accepted Neil Mitchell's offer to discuss issues he see with Australia's mainstream media coverage, with a catch. We need your advice .. details here.
RELATED NEIL MITCHELL VIDEO:
Constantly on the go? Want to know what's happening in your world? Let 3AW keep you up to speed with the aid of social facilitator Twitter. News, views and the most interactive Twitter feed in Australian media.
- Neil Mitchell on Twitter
- Derryn Hinch on Twitter
- Ross and John on Twitter
- Brian Taylor on Twitter
- 3AW Football on Twitter
- Tom Elliott on Twitter
- Denis Walter on Twitter
- Dwayne Russell on Twitter
- Matt Richo on Twitter
- Yvette Gray on Twitter
- Heidi Murphy on Twitter
- Tony Tardio on Twitter
- Denis O'Kane on Twitter
- Alexandra Factor on Twitter
- Donna Demaio on Twitter
- Justin Smith on Twitter
- Nicole Denton on Twitter
- Shannon Reid on Twitter
- Simon Owens on Twitter
- Seb Costello on Twitter
- Ben Wise on Twitter
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Wow!What a lovely young man.Are you sure he's a footballer?Any mother would be proud to have such a caring young sonkatie Saturday 20 August, 2011 - 10:06 AM
Was this recorded at Collingwood Inc as a community event?
If so, then Harry's pay for this time has just been paid for by Victorian taxpayers......via a deduction from the Poker machine tax that is supposed to be remitted to the State Govt.Bob Friday 19 August, 2011 - 9:21 AM
Hey Jed, if Harry O'Brien has read half a chapter of Chomsky, that would still be half a chapter more than you. You are truly a churlish individual. Well done Harry...far more of an erudite than 95% of footballers.Vic Thursday 18 August, 2011 - 10:50 PM
Thankyou Harry you are such a mature young man giving us some faith in the human race.More important issues for media to report about than what some celebraties are doing.....Please keep on playing for Collingwood love watching you play great football.GO PIES....Vicki Thursday 18 August, 2011 - 6:44 PM
Why does anyone give this cretin attention? Sounds like he's read half a chapter of Chomsky and has started parroting a bunch of first year uni grievances with the world.jed Thursday 18 August, 2011 - 4:20 PM
To Jason who called harry a goose. I think you should be shipped to GWS and left in that wasteland. You have no class.Genc Kalaja Thursday 18 August, 2011 - 2:58 PM