- Gold Coast CEO defends McKenna decision
- Big-hitting left-hander hits six right-handed
- Lloyd questions Buckley re-signing
- Will Socceroos get blown off the park?
- Winter Paralympics latest
- Hafey news hits Tigers hard
- West Coast rookie jailed over punch
- James Sutherland responds to critics
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on 'Listen to Clarkson': Kennett Kennett wanted Clarkson sacked after rd 1 last year.Why does 3AW have this Buffoon on the radio,he hasn't any credibility. more
- Jester4212 on 'I’d really hoped we’d moved on' You can't compare AFL or NRL umpire / player disputes with international olympics. These people are supposed to be ... more
- Sergey on Blog from Sochi - Day 1 Yes! Russia - a country of miracles! ... Don't worry ... The main thing - positive look at the world! Even if it is - ... more
- Stuart Dean on Blog from Sochi - Day 1 How can they let a man just walk in to someone's room during the middle of the night? Strange behaviour, I don't know that ... more
- Go Mighty Maggies on New Pies skipper on Sports Today This is great appointment Pendles is an extremely popular player especially with the younger fans. Will give Nick a chance ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on New Pies skipper on Sports Today WHO REALLY CARES.NO DOUBT 3AW WILL BE GETTING ALL THEIR OLD FOOTBALLERS OUT OF THE FREEZERS FOR THE UP COMING SEASON SOON more
- Tigarland on 'Jake can mix with whoever he likes' It astounds me that Brendan Gale has chosen to pick this line of ethics. We've already seen Bikkies in Mildura arrested ... more
- Mark on 'Jake can mix with whoever he likes' what about consorting laws?Don't they apply to footballers as well? more
- Sinbad on 'Jake can mix with whoever he likes' Typical media hysterics from the word go! Yes the AFL obviously takes a dim view, but I can't recall seeing an official ... more
- Christine on Horror Australian Open draw for Aussies Tomic should be playing soccer after last night's performance. Blind freddy could see he was going to forfeit the match, he ... more
- Kris on Authorities must deal with soccer ... Those fools are the reason I do not go to the mens games, I will only go watch the women play and I wont even go watch them ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Five-nil whitewash It was both Australian winning the Ashes and England losing the Ashes. England need to take stock and consider that they ... more
- David T. on Five-nil whitewash Wonder if the Brits included Crow in their dietary requirements? more
- Steven on Five-nil whitewash Let's get one thing straight, Australia did not win the Ashes, England lost them. The way Australia are playing now, they ... more
- Shaun on Five-nil whitewash Awesome series win by the team that represents our country, not like the migrants who play Soccer. Cricket is a bigger sport ... more
- David T. on Australia in control on Day One Did the Brits include Crow as part of their dietary requirements? more
- mike on Time for change at England: Piers Morgan Hadlee has attcaked lee saying he was stupid cos Morgan may have received a brain injury. Me thinks he already has one more
- jason on BBL no longer a hit and giggle Nah Matt, it just shows how thick soccer fans are. Prepared to fork out cash to watch amateurs and the odd washed up hack. ... more
- jason on Australia regains the Ashes Couldn't agree more Sinbad. Ever since his missus gave him the flick, he can't keep his rug, Botox, fake tan & bleached ... more
- jgl Melb on Piers Morgan vs Brett Lee Channel Nine should let the cricket deliver the ratings not this confected tosh.And to add to the sideshow was SK Warne's ... more
'Not just a footballer'
What started with a few tweets from Collingwood star Harry O'Brien has ended in a rounded debate about media ethics and raised money for those affected by famine in East Africa.
Watch a segment of the interview (playing now) or listen to the entire interview uncut below (click the related link).
What did you make of the interview, which helped raise $8,500 for Unicef?
DONATE NOW: http://www.unicef.org.au/
SCARLETT LOUNGE (Donated $2,500 and pledged that for every drink purchased this weekend $1 will ALSO be donated to Unicef): http://www.scarlettlounge.com.au/
TWEET FROM @UNICEFAUSTRALIA:
WEDNESDAY: Collingwood defender Harry O'Brien has accepted Neil Mitchell's offer to discuss issues he see with Australia's mainstream media coverage, with a catch. We need your advice .. details here.
RELATED NEIL MITCHELL VIDEO:
Constantly on the go? Want to know what's happening in your world? Let 3AW keep you up to speed with the aid of social facilitator Twitter. News, views and the most interactive Twitter feed in Australian media.
- Neil Mitchell on Twitter
- Derryn Hinch on Twitter
- Ross and John on Twitter
- Brian Taylor on Twitter
- 3AW Football on Twitter
- Tom Elliott on Twitter
- Denis Walter on Twitter
- Dwayne Russell on Twitter
- Matt Richo on Twitter
- Yvette Gray on Twitter
- Heidi Murphy on Twitter
- Tony Tardio on Twitter
- Denis O'Kane on Twitter
- Alexandra Factor on Twitter
- Donna Demaio on Twitter
- Justin Smith on Twitter
- Nicole Denton on Twitter
- Shannon Reid on Twitter
- Simon Owens on Twitter
- Seb Costello on Twitter
- Ben Wise on Twitter
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Wow!What a lovely young man.Are you sure he's a footballer?Any mother would be proud to have such a caring young sonkatie Saturday 20 August, 2011 - 10:06 AM
Was this recorded at Collingwood Inc as a community event?
If so, then Harry's pay for this time has just been paid for by Victorian taxpayers......via a deduction from the Poker machine tax that is supposed to be remitted to the State Govt.Bob Friday 19 August, 2011 - 9:21 AM
Hey Jed, if Harry O'Brien has read half a chapter of Chomsky, that would still be half a chapter more than you. You are truly a churlish individual. Well done Harry...far more of an erudite than 95% of footballers.Vic Thursday 18 August, 2011 - 10:50 PM
Thankyou Harry you are such a mature young man giving us some faith in the human race.More important issues for media to report about than what some celebraties are doing.....Please keep on playing for Collingwood love watching you play great football.GO PIES....Vicki Thursday 18 August, 2011 - 6:44 PM
Why does anyone give this cretin attention? Sounds like he's read half a chapter of Chomsky and has started parroting a bunch of first year uni grievances with the world.jed Thursday 18 August, 2011 - 4:20 PM
To Jason who called harry a goose. I think you should be shipped to GWS and left in that wasteland. You have no class.Genc Kalaja Thursday 18 August, 2011 - 2:58 PM