- We'll be aggressive: Bulldogs president
- Round 9 Ins and Outs
- Twitter tirade target says Warner over-punished
- Former Melbourne Storm captain to enter Politics
- Gay Pride Round 'excellent idea'
- On Daisy, Demons, drugs, taxing the rich and politics
- Mark Neeld 'an unmitigated disaster'
- Melbourne Storm sold to consortium
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IAN on Twitter tirade target says Warner ... Good on you "David" for sticking it to these so called Journalists. Keep up the good work. more
- Mick English on Mark Neeld 'an unmitigated disaster' Seriously, Caroline, does anyone actually rate you as a commentator? Your article doesn't contain any facts, just assertions ... more
- Jillian on Mark Neeld 'an unmitigated disaster' Which A.F.L. football team would you like to coach Caroline Wilson? Seeing that you think you have all the answers on ... more
- Pj on Mark Neeld 'an unmitigated disaster' Melbourne have been in a steep dive decline since the sad passing of Stynzy. Neeld is a total disaster. Most weekends its ... more
- fred on Mark Neeld 'an unmitigated disaster' who the hell does this sports reporter think she is? It's one thing to carry a personal campaign against james hird, but ... more
- mark on Essendon: 'We've admitted nothing ... Ken maybe because the investigation isnt over yet and small minded people like yourself just like to believe whatever you ... more
- Macca on Beckham to hang up boots Big deal, we have Majak Daw, he is a African & plays AFL...shows how our game is spreading across the globe. Soccer is ... more
- jgl Melb on Beckham to hang up boots Any danger this might get his churlish,sour faced missus to crack a smile? Somehow I don't fink so. more
- gws r as good as dead on GWS coach Kevin Sheedy on Sports Today sheedy's nothing more than a sook. Only efaniks play 'wogball' Hey ONLY country bogan skip play boganball. SO ... more
- Sten on GWS coach Kevin Sheedy on Sports Today whether KS is labeled a racist or not isn't the issue (i dont think he is), the facts is that for the majority of people in ... more
- RIP VICBALL on GWS coach Kevin Sheedy on Sports Today sheedys is a NOTHING identity in NSW. He needs his 50+anglo males victorians to give him a shoulder to cry on because the ... more
- sheeds where back pocket on GWS coach Kevin Sheedy on Sports Today Ring Ring, Ringhello craig hereGood morning sirIs that you craig foster,it's tahiti police hereCan you can back here for a ... more
- Susan on GWS coach Kevin Sheedy on Sports Today Sheedy is not racist, but the comments he made were a disgrace, xenophobic & highly offensive to many people. Why couldn't ... more
- Dr Ablett on Caroline Wilson apologises to North ... Typical of Caro, I have never been able to understand why she thinks her opinion should be taken as fact when she has such a ... more
- Dr Ablett on Essendon: 'We've admitted nothing ... I'll explain for you, Ken of Euroa, or should that be North Korea? We live in a democracy where you are innocent until ... more
- bufflow will, apprentice dentist on Gerard Healy responds to THAT Gold ... Tell him to wash/keep his false teeth in white king overnite.That will make the fans notice his nice smile and also keep him ... more
- rohan on Singleton fined, Gai charged, Tom ... What a joke. And people reckon the AFL drug scandel is a farce.Waterhouse, Singleton are a joke. You millionaires talking ... more
- Stephen on Singleton fined, Gai charged, Tom ... So the bloke who raised the alarm that something was a miss and punters were getting ripped off. Is the only one fined so ... more
- Stan on 3AW Football expert footy tips - Round ... Thank goodness for Cameron Ling,he is so knowlegable on the game,a great broadcaster.He is a real winner for 3aw.I hope he ... more
- kirbs on Josh Fraser responds to Darren Jolly ... Regardless of that says a lot about Jolly if he is dragging up tripe like this after the fact. You forgetting he deserted ... more
Warne 'in love' but 'hasn't changed'
IMAGE: Shane Warne.
*Scroll down for more images, videos and a behind-the-scenes look at the bizarre lead-up to Warne's arrival at 3AW Radio*
3AW RADIO: Shane Warne says he's taking legal advice about some media outlets use of images which he claims have been doctored.
The former cricketer has told Neil Mitchell he has wrinkles but you wouldn't know that by some of the image that are being put into the public domain.
Meanwhile, please help support Warne's charity - The Shane Warne Foundation - which has a celebrity auction aimed at raising millions of dollars.
A day in the studio with Neil Mitchell is just one of MANY things on offer.
SHANE WARNE UNCUT:
JUSTIN SMITH: Only a few celebrities in this town get people scrambling about, checking their hair and pointing cameras.
Like a breaking delivery just outside of leg, Shane slides into the studio for a chat with Neil Mitchell.
But getting him into the chair is harder than it sounds.
Neil and Shane were exchanging texts (non-erotic) last night. Shane was very keen to talk about his charity foundation and make some money for things he feels strongly about.
Shane said, love to give it a plug – I'll come into the studio.
If only Warnie knew what he was about to set in motion.
SK is far from happy with the media these days. The rumours about his new love, the pictures of him showing a shiny and plastic face and rocks thrown at his house have made him less then welcoming of the press.
So here was the deal: he would come in, but he'd prefer no TV cameras in the studio.
That's fair – that's the deal we have with all our guests. Sometimes the TV cameras come in, and sometimes they don't.
The TV networks were understanding, but they still wanted a shot – entry or exit from the building – it mattered little which one.
But we knew everyone in town would want to get a photo of that face. Just in case there had been a little surgery since the last one.
I asked deputy producer Cushla Travers to meet him downstairs and let him go into our private car park.
When she got there, there were already a few cameras gathering after hearing Neil talk about it on air.
Cushla barely had time to make sure her hair was fixed just right for Shane and the cameras. "If I'm going to be on the telly tonight, I want to look good."
All the while our web guru, Ben Wise, was bothering us to get his own camera in the studio. After seven noisy emails and a confronting chat with Neil in the corridor he resigned himself to just sitting in the studio until he got an answer.
Shane sent a text; he was running a little late.
Security staff were nervous.
Ben was still sitting and Cushla tried something different with her hair.
Shane, still a little late, tried to call the 3AW office to say he was still on the way. He ended up connected to a member of the sales team. And, like facing his toughest opponent on the field, Shane spent five minutes and three traffic lights trying to convince him it really was Shane Warne calling.
But he made it through the cameras and the charms of a young producer.
When he got to the studio, he was smiling, well-dressed and fit and swearing it was all real Warne and no plastic.
I'd met him a couple of times in the past and I've always liked him. He's always been friendly and willing to do things for the fans and charity. I guess I'm the former.
The puppy-faced Ben Wise won over Shane and Neil. He was allowed to film.
The interview started and Warne was determined. He'd had enough of the media, saying Australian press is worse than anywhere in the world.
He told Neil the polished photos of him that had been scattered around the world were fake and touched up. He said he is seeking legal advice to deal with the problem.
With that off his chest, he chatted to Neil about love, cricket and baked beans.
Then it was over.
But on the way out, just like a crowd packed in and spilling over at the MCG, they were waiting for Warne to deliver.
This time the cameras were waiting out front for him to deliver that face.
*Justin Smith is Neil Mitchell Producer and fill-in presenter*
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
The Southern Cross Railway Station may be the state of the art for the architect, but for the commuter the smell of fumes there is far stronger than at Flinders St or any of the City Loop stations! It looks fine but smells!azinnia Friday 2 September, 2011 - 10:37 PM
I don't know Shane Warne personally as most people but I don't go about spouting opinions based on what I've read about him in the gossip mongering media. People who are not in his position don't know what it would be like to have a newspaper or magazine publish lies about them. I'm sure most of us would be outraged. I thought his interview was quite candid and although he did admit to liking the spotlight I do believe he's fair in having a go when untruthful articles are published. I think Raelene, who has actually met him summed it up when she commented on Shane as a father and that's gotta be far more important that his weight or looks or who he's going out with.Richard Friday 2 September, 2011 - 11:49 AM
Look out Tracey Grimshaw Neil's got you in his sights after that interview today. What a waste of airtime that was made the ads interesting!Sad day for Neil Thursday 1 September, 2011 - 5:39 PM
Neil, looks like he could do with some of Warnies magic potion>!Steve Thursday 1 September, 2011 - 4:12 PM
It's great that you accept being a celebrity comes with attention, but they have crossed the line with you and your new healthy look, your children and Elizabeth. I have met you a number of times at kids sporting events, and you you seem like a really caring Dad and nice guy, and most importantly, whenever l see your kids, they are happy and smiling..after all that is your number one job! Only advice l would give, is to use twitter to update us, and maybe leave out the love messages to Elizabeth, as they should just be between the two of you, and open you up to more criticism? So continue to ignore the negativity, and enjoy love, health and happiness.Raelene Thursday 1 September, 2011 - 12:45 PM
A very mature Warnie, with very sensible straight down the line answers.
Looking healthy too mate, keep up the great work.Adam Thursday 1 September, 2011 - 12:41 PM