- Hafey news hits Tigers hard
- West Coast rookie jailed over punch
- James Sutherland responds to critics
- Brett Emerton to race Grand Prix
- Moody says Johnson should be given credit for cricket resurgence
- Sydney's cost of living to be phased out
- Stewards charge Bill Vlahos
- ASADA wraps up AFL, NRL probe
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on 'Listen to Clarkson': Kennett Kennett wanted Clarkson sacked after rd 1 last year.Why does 3AW have this Buffoon on the radio,he hasn't any credibility. more
- Jester4212 on 'I’d really hoped we’d moved on' You can't compare AFL or NRL umpire / player disputes with international olympics. These people are supposed to be ... more
- Sergey on Blog from Sochi - Day 1 Yes! Russia - a country of miracles! ... Don't worry ... The main thing - positive look at the world! Even if it is - ... more
- Stuart Dean on Blog from Sochi - Day 1 How can they let a man just walk in to someone's room during the middle of the night? Strange behaviour, I don't know that ... more
- Go Mighty Maggies on New Pies skipper on Sports Today This is great appointment Pendles is an extremely popular player especially with the younger fans. Will give Nick a chance ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on New Pies skipper on Sports Today WHO REALLY CARES.NO DOUBT 3AW WILL BE GETTING ALL THEIR OLD FOOTBALLERS OUT OF THE FREEZERS FOR THE UP COMING SEASON SOON more
- Tigarland on 'Jake can mix with whoever he likes' It astounds me that Brendan Gale has chosen to pick this line of ethics. We've already seen Bikkies in Mildura arrested ... more
- Mark on 'Jake can mix with whoever he likes' what about consorting laws?Don't they apply to footballers as well? more
- Sinbad on 'Jake can mix with whoever he likes' Typical media hysterics from the word go! Yes the AFL obviously takes a dim view, but I can't recall seeing an official ... more
- Christine on Horror Australian Open draw for Aussies Tomic should be playing soccer after last night's performance. Blind freddy could see he was going to forfeit the match, he ... more
- Kris on Authorities must deal with soccer ... Those fools are the reason I do not go to the mens games, I will only go watch the women play and I wont even go watch them ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Five-nil whitewash It was both Australian winning the Ashes and England losing the Ashes. England need to take stock and consider that they ... more
- David T. on Five-nil whitewash Wonder if the Brits included Crow in their dietary requirements? more
- Steven on Five-nil whitewash Let's get one thing straight, Australia did not win the Ashes, England lost them. The way Australia are playing now, they ... more
- Shaun on Five-nil whitewash Awesome series win by the team that represents our country, not like the migrants who play Soccer. Cricket is a bigger sport ... more
- David T. on Australia in control on Day One Did the Brits include Crow as part of their dietary requirements? more
- mike on Time for change at England: Piers Morgan Hadlee has attcaked lee saying he was stupid cos Morgan may have received a brain injury. Me thinks he already has one more
- jason on BBL no longer a hit and giggle Nah Matt, it just shows how thick soccer fans are. Prepared to fork out cash to watch amateurs and the odd washed up hack. ... more
- jason on Australia regains the Ashes Couldn't agree more Sinbad. Ever since his missus gave him the flick, he can't keep his rug, Botox, fake tan & bleached ... more
- jgl Melb on Piers Morgan vs Brett Lee Channel Nine should let the cricket deliver the ratings not this confected tosh.And to add to the sideshow was SK Warne's ... more
Warne 'in love' but 'hasn't changed'
IMAGE: Shane Warne.
*Scroll down for more images, videos and a behind-the-scenes look at the bizarre lead-up to Warne's arrival at 3AW Radio*
3AW RADIO: Shane Warne says he's taking legal advice about some media outlets use of images which he claims have been doctored.
The former cricketer has told Neil Mitchell he has wrinkles but you wouldn't know that by some of the image that are being put into the public domain.
Meanwhile, please help support Warne's charity - The Shane Warne Foundation - which has a celebrity auction aimed at raising millions of dollars.
A day in the studio with Neil Mitchell is just one of MANY things on offer.
SHANE WARNE UNCUT:
JUSTIN SMITH: Only a few celebrities in this town get people scrambling about, checking their hair and pointing cameras.
Like a breaking delivery just outside of leg, Shane slides into the studio for a chat with Neil Mitchell.
But getting him into the chair is harder than it sounds.
Neil and Shane were exchanging texts (non-erotic) last night. Shane was very keen to talk about his charity foundation and make some money for things he feels strongly about.
Shane said, love to give it a plug – I'll come into the studio.
If only Warnie knew what he was about to set in motion.
SK is far from happy with the media these days. The rumours about his new love, the pictures of him showing a shiny and plastic face and rocks thrown at his house have made him less then welcoming of the press.
So here was the deal: he would come in, but he'd prefer no TV cameras in the studio.
That's fair – that's the deal we have with all our guests. Sometimes the TV cameras come in, and sometimes they don't.
The TV networks were understanding, but they still wanted a shot – entry or exit from the building – it mattered little which one.
But we knew everyone in town would want to get a photo of that face. Just in case there had been a little surgery since the last one.
I asked deputy producer Cushla Travers to meet him downstairs and let him go into our private car park.
When she got there, there were already a few cameras gathering after hearing Neil talk about it on air.
Cushla barely had time to make sure her hair was fixed just right for Shane and the cameras. "If I'm going to be on the telly tonight, I want to look good."
All the while our web guru, Ben Wise, was bothering us to get his own camera in the studio. After seven noisy emails and a confronting chat with Neil in the corridor he resigned himself to just sitting in the studio until he got an answer.
Shane sent a text; he was running a little late.
Security staff were nervous.
Ben was still sitting and Cushla tried something different with her hair.
Shane, still a little late, tried to call the 3AW office to say he was still on the way. He ended up connected to a member of the sales team. And, like facing his toughest opponent on the field, Shane spent five minutes and three traffic lights trying to convince him it really was Shane Warne calling.
But he made it through the cameras and the charms of a young producer.
When he got to the studio, he was smiling, well-dressed and fit and swearing it was all real Warne and no plastic.
I'd met him a couple of times in the past and I've always liked him. He's always been friendly and willing to do things for the fans and charity. I guess I'm the former.
The puppy-faced Ben Wise won over Shane and Neil. He was allowed to film.
The interview started and Warne was determined. He'd had enough of the media, saying Australian press is worse than anywhere in the world.
He told Neil the polished photos of him that had been scattered around the world were fake and touched up. He said he is seeking legal advice to deal with the problem.
With that off his chest, he chatted to Neil about love, cricket and baked beans.
Then it was over.
But on the way out, just like a crowd packed in and spilling over at the MCG, they were waiting for Warne to deliver.
This time the cameras were waiting out front for him to deliver that face.
*Justin Smith is Neil Mitchell Producer and fill-in presenter*
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
The Southern Cross Railway Station may be the state of the art for the architect, but for the commuter the smell of fumes there is far stronger than at Flinders St or any of the City Loop stations! It looks fine but smells!azinnia Friday 2 September, 2011 - 10:37 PM
I don't know Shane Warne personally as most people but I don't go about spouting opinions based on what I've read about him in the gossip mongering media. People who are not in his position don't know what it would be like to have a newspaper or magazine publish lies about them. I'm sure most of us would be outraged. I thought his interview was quite candid and although he did admit to liking the spotlight I do believe he's fair in having a go when untruthful articles are published. I think Raelene, who has actually met him summed it up when she commented on Shane as a father and that's gotta be far more important that his weight or looks or who he's going out with.Richard Friday 2 September, 2011 - 11:49 AM
Look out Tracey Grimshaw Neil's got you in his sights after that interview today. What a waste of airtime that was made the ads interesting!Sad day for Neil Thursday 1 September, 2011 - 5:39 PM
Neil, looks like he could do with some of Warnies magic potion>!Steve Thursday 1 September, 2011 - 4:12 PM
It's great that you accept being a celebrity comes with attention, but they have crossed the line with you and your new healthy look, your children and Elizabeth. I have met you a number of times at kids sporting events, and you you seem like a really caring Dad and nice guy, and most importantly, whenever l see your kids, they are happy and smiling..after all that is your number one job! Only advice l would give, is to use twitter to update us, and maybe leave out the love messages to Elizabeth, as they should just be between the two of you, and open you up to more criticism? So continue to ignore the negativity, and enjoy love, health and happiness.Raelene Thursday 1 September, 2011 - 12:45 PM
A very mature Warnie, with very sensible straight down the line answers.
Looking healthy too mate, keep up the great work.Adam Thursday 1 September, 2011 - 12:41 PM