- Prince Harry 'doesn't like selfies'
- Where were the (U)sain questions?
- Pancake challenge: Johnson v Brown
- Port Adelaide's Dom Cassisi to retire
- Ablett to miss remainder of season
- Players' names 'confidentially provided'
- Big Bash League - Full Schedule
- Bombers-ASADA court showdown
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Christine on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' As a Bomber fan your boot kicked us into many losses, but I wish you all the best. You are a credit to the Lions and ... more
- Stephen on FIFA probes Suarez biting claims Previous form, so about time this man got a decent ban. The rest of this tournament should do it. But I doubt it!! more
- Joe Garra on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' PS: Who is Matthews?#moresillymistakesonthe3awwebsite#employbetterwriters more
- Joe Garra on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' Congratulations, a genuine champion more
- Gloria on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' Good on ya Brownie, take care... more
- Carolyn on Brown: 'It's been a wonderful ride' You are a true champion Jonathon Brown. more
- Gloss on 'Let's exploit it for the kids' About time, not all fans are religious, in fact in this day and age those who do not observe Easter would be very high. more
- hawkeye on 'Let's exploit it for the kids' Why don't we just have AFL matches every day of the week, NO THANKS there's to much already. more
- Robyn on 'Let's exploit it for the kids' I can not believe how selfish the AFL are. They will expect these games to be televised an no doubt this will be to the ... more
- Bryn on Watson to miss up to 10 weeks What a shame for jobe what champ more
- David Edwards on Aussie Riccardio wins Canadian GP Great work from Daniel.I wonder what Mark Webber feels about this?It makes his complaints abut Red Bull and Vettle look like ... more
- Jan Lannan on Carlton defender sacked Ofcourse he shld b sacked he has had many chances & help at Carlton but chose not 2 listen if he was a Snr Player they wld ... more
- ian on Carlton defender sacked If he was in the top "10" would they sack him??? Guess What... Get real ?????? more
- ian on Carlton defender sacked Josh,Keep going,Look for a better CLUB. more
- owen rebecca on Jack Viney to face tribunal over triple ... JACK VINEY GOT 2 WEEKS IT WAS NOT DELIBERATE THAT I COULD SEE, NO WONDER PEOPLE ARE LOOSING INTEREST WITH AFL FOOTBALL.I ... more
- theworldaccordingtoJim on James Hird, as you were It was obvious Hird would be reinstated.He knows way too much of the real truth to ever be sacked.He has the AFL over a ... more
- Mary DiIenno on James Hird, as you were What a joke E.F.C have made a mockery of the AFL. The President of the club needs to step down as he has no idea of what he ... more
- Greg on 'Listen to Clarkson': Kennett Kennett wanted Clarkson sacked after rd 1 last year.Why does 3AW have this Buffoon on the radio,he hasn't any credibility. more
- Jester4212 on 'I’d really hoped we’d moved on' You can't compare AFL or NRL umpire / player disputes with international olympics. These people are supposed to be ... more
- Sergey on Blog from Sochi - Day 1 Yes! Russia - a country of miracles! ... Don't worry ... The main thing - positive look at the world! Even if it is - ... more
Warne 'in love' but 'hasn't changed'
IMAGE: Shane Warne.
*Scroll down for more images, videos and a behind-the-scenes look at the bizarre lead-up to Warne's arrival at 3AW Radio*
3AW RADIO: Shane Warne says he's taking legal advice about some media outlets use of images which he claims have been doctored.
The former cricketer has told Neil Mitchell he has wrinkles but you wouldn't know that by some of the image that are being put into the public domain.
Meanwhile, please help support Warne's charity - The Shane Warne Foundation - which has a celebrity auction aimed at raising millions of dollars.
A day in the studio with Neil Mitchell is just one of MANY things on offer.
SHANE WARNE UNCUT:
JUSTIN SMITH: Only a few celebrities in this town get people scrambling about, checking their hair and pointing cameras.
Like a breaking delivery just outside of leg, Shane slides into the studio for a chat with Neil Mitchell.
But getting him into the chair is harder than it sounds.
Neil and Shane were exchanging texts (non-erotic) last night. Shane was very keen to talk about his charity foundation and make some money for things he feels strongly about.
Shane said, love to give it a plug – I'll come into the studio.
If only Warnie knew what he was about to set in motion.
SK is far from happy with the media these days. The rumours about his new love, the pictures of him showing a shiny and plastic face and rocks thrown at his house have made him less then welcoming of the press.
So here was the deal: he would come in, but he'd prefer no TV cameras in the studio.
That's fair – that's the deal we have with all our guests. Sometimes the TV cameras come in, and sometimes they don't.
The TV networks were understanding, but they still wanted a shot – entry or exit from the building – it mattered little which one.
But we knew everyone in town would want to get a photo of that face. Just in case there had been a little surgery since the last one.
I asked deputy producer Cushla Travers to meet him downstairs and let him go into our private car park.
When she got there, there were already a few cameras gathering after hearing Neil talk about it on air.
Cushla barely had time to make sure her hair was fixed just right for Shane and the cameras. "If I'm going to be on the telly tonight, I want to look good."
All the while our web guru, Ben Wise, was bothering us to get his own camera in the studio. After seven noisy emails and a confronting chat with Neil in the corridor he resigned himself to just sitting in the studio until he got an answer.
Shane sent a text; he was running a little late.
Security staff were nervous.
Ben was still sitting and Cushla tried something different with her hair.
Shane, still a little late, tried to call the 3AW office to say he was still on the way. He ended up connected to a member of the sales team. And, like facing his toughest opponent on the field, Shane spent five minutes and three traffic lights trying to convince him it really was Shane Warne calling.
But he made it through the cameras and the charms of a young producer.
When he got to the studio, he was smiling, well-dressed and fit and swearing it was all real Warne and no plastic.
I'd met him a couple of times in the past and I've always liked him. He's always been friendly and willing to do things for the fans and charity. I guess I'm the former.
The puppy-faced Ben Wise won over Shane and Neil. He was allowed to film.
The interview started and Warne was determined. He'd had enough of the media, saying Australian press is worse than anywhere in the world.
He told Neil the polished photos of him that had been scattered around the world were fake and touched up. He said he is seeking legal advice to deal with the problem.
With that off his chest, he chatted to Neil about love, cricket and baked beans.
Then it was over.
But on the way out, just like a crowd packed in and spilling over at the MCG, they were waiting for Warne to deliver.
This time the cameras were waiting out front for him to deliver that face.
*Justin Smith is Neil Mitchell Producer and fill-in presenter*
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
The Southern Cross Railway Station may be the state of the art for the architect, but for the commuter the smell of fumes there is far stronger than at Flinders St or any of the City Loop stations! It looks fine but smells!azinnia Friday 2 September, 2011 - 10:37 PM
I don't know Shane Warne personally as most people but I don't go about spouting opinions based on what I've read about him in the gossip mongering media. People who are not in his position don't know what it would be like to have a newspaper or magazine publish lies about them. I'm sure most of us would be outraged. I thought his interview was quite candid and although he did admit to liking the spotlight I do believe he's fair in having a go when untruthful articles are published. I think Raelene, who has actually met him summed it up when she commented on Shane as a father and that's gotta be far more important that his weight or looks or who he's going out with.Richard Friday 2 September, 2011 - 11:49 AM
Look out Tracey Grimshaw Neil's got you in his sights after that interview today. What a waste of airtime that was made the ads interesting!Sad day for Neil Thursday 1 September, 2011 - 5:39 PM
Neil, looks like he could do with some of Warnies magic potion>!Steve Thursday 1 September, 2011 - 4:12 PM
It's great that you accept being a celebrity comes with attention, but they have crossed the line with you and your new healthy look, your children and Elizabeth. I have met you a number of times at kids sporting events, and you you seem like a really caring Dad and nice guy, and most importantly, whenever l see your kids, they are happy and smiling..after all that is your number one job! Only advice l would give, is to use twitter to update us, and maybe leave out the love messages to Elizabeth, as they should just be between the two of you, and open you up to more criticism? So continue to ignore the negativity, and enjoy love, health and happiness.Raelene Thursday 1 September, 2011 - 12:45 PM
A very mature Warnie, with very sensible straight down the line answers.
Looking healthy too mate, keep up the great work.Adam Thursday 1 September, 2011 - 12:41 PM