- Derryn Hinch's final opening editorial
- My last chance to help this child
- We abstain: the tense power struggle in Canberra
- Nothing has really changed in 20 years on the evil issue of child abuse
- Hinch accuses Oxfam of misleading customers over 'Unwrapped' gifts
- Don't drink and dive
- The $250,000 yacht people refugees
- Hinch challenges 'Dumb Ways To Die' creator
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colon Cleanse on A delicate, taboo issue: ... It what does a colon cleanse do tells us several things.And the Barrow Wake view point near Circencester has apparently ... more
- mandy on Hinch Reviews Eat, Pray, Laugh! Barry ... Unfortunately I cannot concur - tired, tacky and tastless - boring, predictable - a complete waste of time and money. ... more
- natalie on Hinch Reviews Eat, Pray, Laugh! Barry ... Very very clever performer. Loved his show in Adelaide tonight. Never a fan of Sir Les but Dame Edna is as sharp as ever. ... more
- allan usherwood on Gillard and the AWU scandal: Larry ... Susan Littlesmith Take a trip to London we are already the laughing stock of the world. Bob Carr as foreign minister ... more
- Poida on No justice for Barry McKnight? I taught him. Idiot then, idiot now. His mother used to cover for him then and obviously still does. Is he in jail yet? ... more
- Me on Western Australia launches sex offender ... Never seen so much ill informed scare-mongering rubbish from people who don't know the difference between a rapist, porn ... more
- Boa Dicea on My last chance to help this child Derryn, you've been great before in sacrificing your freedom for the sake of victims of paedophilia, and now it's already ... more
- Donna Fletcher on My last chance to help this child Please help this baby. All children are our future and we are nothing if we can't do them justice. I have myself removed ... more
- Virginia Hunt on The paedophile priest living the good ... This is disgusting and has to stop good on you Derryn for naming these disgusting monsters. The Catholic Church has a lot to ... more
- Rex Alfie Lee on Is Abbott really as disliked as the ... Dear The Dean, I found your past most righteous or ridiculous, one of those anyway, you can work it out. "Abbott has ... more
- Rex Alfie Lee on Is Abbott really as disliked as the ... You say that their relentless attack on Abbott is working but Mr Abbott is a misogynist. He's proved it relentlessly. ... more
- Rex Alfie Lee on Gillard's gender war affecting the polls Mr Hinch, you are such a twirp. You are a bigot, a liar & another journo that stretches the very fabric of truth into a ... more
- Denise Austin on My last chance to help this child I hope and pray that the little girl is returned to her mother, every night before i go to sleep I ask God to keep the ... more
- R we there Yet on Gillard and the AWU scandal: Larry ... Hi 3aw , it is a real shame Larrys site gets seemingly `interfered` with and supporters get blocked? If he is running a paid ... more
- Jo Montgomery on A special 95th birthday surprise I would love to send on Freda's interview for my Mother,she is a regular at the shop at Brentford Square.How do i go about ... more
- Hot Chunks on Is Abbott really as disliked as the ... I wonder if She had not ever used the word "misogynist " to describe him them would other people think to use it ever at all ... more
- Sara on My last chance to help this child Please tell me this little girl isn't in her fathers care anymore.... I don't understand why she is made to live with her ... more
- kerry estoppey on Derryn Hinch's final opening editorial what a sad loss for melbourne, the world needs more people like Derryn Hinch, to expose injustice and provoke us to thought ... more
- Mikki on 'Craig, you’re no Atticus Finch' Stop wasting TaxPayers money on this PATHALOGICAL DISORDERED MAN and start educating society that his type is what ... more
- mary on My last chance to help this child Does anyone know if the mother has an appeal yet? And if so has it been heard? She could get a stay order, she would have ... more
You know, for a while there, I thought that Bill Shorten was foreman material. Maybe even one day could take the boss’ job.
But not after yesterday’s behaviour over Slippery Pete when he was being interviewed on SKY News by David Speers. What a stupid, vacuous, forelock-tugging performance.
This is what Bill Shorten, aspiring Prime Minister said about the Prime Minister’s support for Peter Slipper’s return to the Speaker’s Chair:
‘I haven’t seen what she said but let me say I support what it is she said’.
Talk about, ‘Yes, massa’.
Bill Shorten knew, as most of his Labor Caucus know in their hearts, that the Slipper scandal is a leech that is bleeding them to sure death out there in voter-land.
And it comes on the heels of the still-festering scandal about Craig Thomson and the allegations that he used thousands of dollars of union dues from long-suffering, lowly-paid hospital workers, to pay for prostitutes and personal expenses.
Unbelievably, and I believe immorally, Thomson still has Julia Gillard’s public support.
While supporting his leader on television Shorten has indicated that he doesn’t believe Slipper should re-claim the Speaker’s job while the sexual harassment charges are outstanding.
‘In terms of my opinion, the sexual harassment allegations are very harmful. They are very serious’.
That crucial Independent Tony Windsor is also now saying that Anna Burke should stay in the chair until all matters are settled and that other – more independent Independent—Andrew Wilkie has gone further. He has threatened to bring on a vote of no confidence himself if Parliament resumes and Slipper Pete is back there in his black robes and jabot, like some medieval judge, lecturing his minions of standards and proper behaviour.
Wilkie says, and I agree with him: ‘This isn’t just any old member of the House of Representatives. Peter Slipper is the Speaker. He controls the Parliament and he safeguards the standards of Parliament’.
The other day I quoted from the court papers. Gave you the explicit details of the crudities that Slipper allegedly subjected one of his employees to.
And I said: That’s your regular politician, and your taxpayer dollars, at work. That’s the Peter Slipper -- politician, Speaker of the House of Representatives, ordained Anglican Minister -- that your Prime Minister wants to keep on as protector of protocols, standards and decency in your Parliament. Go figure.
That argument still stands. If Julia Gillard had any sense of decency – let alone political nous – she would cut Slipper loose right now.
She lost the public long ago. Now she’s losing support in Canberra – even from some of those rusted-on supporters who voted for her against Kevin Rudd in February in the belief she would get ‘clear air’ and things would get better. Yeah, right.
NEIL MITCHELL: Neil says he's seen important and intelligent people say some silly things, but says this gaffe by Bill Shorten is one of the best he's ever heard. Hear what he said and tell us what you think!
whilst I am compleatly off topic, I wanted to talk to you about organ transplants,and I am greatful that you recieved a second chance as a long time listener not a caller I propose a transplant scheame and this may be a to simplistic approached but why dont they introduce a scheam that allows regesterd doners to actually recieve prioity in the que should they ever need a transplant themselves.as opposed to an opt out program pls tell me what you think preferably an opt out scheme is preferable however what Is wrong with something as simple as this I believe would it make real difference.perhaps like I said this is either to much common sence for the agenceys concerned ,just makes sence. dont you think?Aidan Croft Tuesday 1 May, 2012 - 4:45 PM
Oh this Shorten joker is a dill. He has proven that in supporting stupid Gillard without knowing the content of her recent media splash. He also needs to inform himself that the cretins who comprise the Reserve Bank Board do not meet on the 2nd Tuesday of each month - rather they meet on the 1st Tuesday of the month.Sam Monday 30 April, 2012 - 12:08 PM
Oh this Shorten joker is a dill. He has proven that in supporting stupid Gillard without knowing the content of her recent media splash. He also needs to inform himself that the cretins who comprise the Reserve Bank Board do not meet on the 2nd Tuesday of each month - rather they meet on the 1st Tuesday of the month.Sam Monday 30 April, 2012 - 12:03 PM
Bill the Dill...He doesn't even know why he is supporting his BOSS (Gillard)
he just is..Do you have any thoughts of your own Bill, or do you just agree on everything Gillard says.. and you don't even know what she said.,Sounds like dumb and dumber to me...Peter Monday 30 April, 2012 - 10:34 AM
Shorten would have as much leadership ability as a gorilla in Taronga Park Zoo. Just another worn out labor party ex union hack. I rest my case!Samuel Sunday 29 April, 2012 - 11:45 AM
You are one to talk aren't darryl. Still alive? Don't worry there's plenty of ready donors for you. From people you wouldn't piss on when they were alive.
Censoring and ignoring comments again 3aw? Must mean that you have a story to make up?Stephen Saturday 28 April, 2012 - 12:03 PM