- Derryn Hinch's final opening editorial
- My last chance to help this child
- We abstain: the tense power struggle in Canberra
- Nothing has really changed in 20 years on the evil issue of child abuse
- Hinch accuses Oxfam of misleading customers over 'Unwrapped' gifts
- Don't drink and dive
- The $250,000 yacht people refugees
- Hinch challenges 'Dumb Ways To Die' creator
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colon Cleanse on A delicate, taboo issue: ... It what does a colon cleanse do tells us several things.And the Barrow Wake view point near Circencester has apparently ... more
- mandy on Hinch Reviews Eat, Pray, Laugh! Barry ... Unfortunately I cannot concur - tired, tacky and tastless - boring, predictable - a complete waste of time and money. ... more
- natalie on Hinch Reviews Eat, Pray, Laugh! Barry ... Very very clever performer. Loved his show in Adelaide tonight. Never a fan of Sir Les but Dame Edna is as sharp as ever. ... more
- allan usherwood on Gillard and the AWU scandal: Larry ... Susan Littlesmith Take a trip to London we are already the laughing stock of the world. Bob Carr as foreign minister ... more
- Poida on No justice for Barry McKnight? I taught him. Idiot then, idiot now. His mother used to cover for him then and obviously still does. Is he in jail yet? ... more
- Me on Western Australia launches sex offender ... Never seen so much ill informed scare-mongering rubbish from people who don't know the difference between a rapist, porn ... more
- Boa Dicea on My last chance to help this child Derryn, you've been great before in sacrificing your freedom for the sake of victims of paedophilia, and now it's already ... more
- Donna Fletcher on My last chance to help this child Please help this baby. All children are our future and we are nothing if we can't do them justice. I have myself removed ... more
- Virginia Hunt on The paedophile priest living the good ... This is disgusting and has to stop good on you Derryn for naming these disgusting monsters. The Catholic Church has a lot to ... more
- Rex Alfie Lee on Is Abbott really as disliked as the ... Dear The Dean, I found your past most righteous or ridiculous, one of those anyway, you can work it out. "Abbott has ... more
- Rex Alfie Lee on Is Abbott really as disliked as the ... You say that their relentless attack on Abbott is working but Mr Abbott is a misogynist. He's proved it relentlessly. ... more
- Rex Alfie Lee on Gillard's gender war affecting the polls Mr Hinch, you are such a twirp. You are a bigot, a liar & another journo that stretches the very fabric of truth into a ... more
- Denise Austin on My last chance to help this child I hope and pray that the little girl is returned to her mother, every night before i go to sleep I ask God to keep the ... more
- R we there Yet on Gillard and the AWU scandal: Larry ... Hi 3aw , it is a real shame Larrys site gets seemingly `interfered` with and supporters get blocked? If he is running a paid ... more
- Jo Montgomery on A special 95th birthday surprise I would love to send on Freda's interview for my Mother,she is a regular at the shop at Brentford Square.How do i go about ... more
- Hot Chunks on Is Abbott really as disliked as the ... I wonder if She had not ever used the word "misogynist " to describe him them would other people think to use it ever at all ... more
- Sara on My last chance to help this child Please tell me this little girl isn't in her fathers care anymore.... I don't understand why she is made to live with her ... more
- kerry estoppey on Derryn Hinch's final opening editorial what a sad loss for melbourne, the world needs more people like Derryn Hinch, to expose injustice and provoke us to thought ... more
- Mikki on 'Craig, you’re no Atticus Finch' Stop wasting TaxPayers money on this PATHALOGICAL DISORDERED MAN and start educating society that his type is what ... more
- mary on My last chance to help this child Does anyone know if the mother has an appeal yet? And if so has it been heard? She could get a stay order, she would have ... more
Howzat! star Lachy Hulme on the intricacies behind Kerry Packer
The man charged with the task of playing arguably the most influential man in the Australian media has described Channel 9's Howzat! Kerry Packer's War as 'the story of a lonely little rich kid with no mates'.
"(He) formed a secret club, with a secret password, and that club was World Series Cricket," Lachy Hulme told Derryn Hinch.
VIDEO: Lachy Hulme in studio with Derryn Hinch:
After gaining 25kg to play miner Todd Russell in Beaconsfield and shedding a majority of that weight, Hulme again packed on the kilos to play the former Channel 9 boss.
Lachy Hulme described Packer's eating habits as akin to that of a 12 year old, eating Quarter Pounders with Cheese up to three times a day and drinking Fanta by the litre.
Hinch is a former police rounds reporter, former foreign correspondent, former newspaper editor, former host of national current affairs shows, former novelist, former radio host in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide, former MIDDAY host and former jailbird.
@Willow, don't you know that Mylene knows everything?
When I asked her how it felt to be so clever the answer was that it was lonely at the top.
We are dealing with a genious here so don't question her.Peggy Wednesday 22 August, 2012 - 12:35 PM
I have never been a cricket fan but Ifound this story very ineresting. So much passion, determination and hard work is not something we see from most people.
Can't wait ti see the next episode.Peggy Wednesday 22 August, 2012 - 9:42 AM
@Mylene, how do you know what Hooksy, or for that matter, any of the other people involved did outside of the family home? From other comments that you have posted I doubt whether you really know anything about sport and 'please explain' why Hooksys' family should sue as I'm sure families would have been consulted before any controversial issues were filmed and aired.Willow Wednesday 22 August, 2012 - 9:14 AM
Totally inaccurate. Hooksy's family should sue for defamation. :Pmylene Tuesday 21 August, 2012 - 11:41 PM
I watched the first episode last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I was only 4-5 years old when this part of Australian history was happening, so I am very keen to watch the whole series. Kerry looked like a man who spoke his mind and cut through all the bulltish to get the job done...something I admire.
As far as Steve's comments 19th Aug 5:53pm - more proof of Tall Poppy syndrome.
Kerry paid people well to get the best, I respect that, wish we did that for the Prime Minister's job...we may get an intelligent person running this country one day.Adam Monday 20 August, 2012 - 4:09 PM
Won't be watching anything to do with rich head kickers like this family yarn,Packer was nothing more than a manipulator and used people like a puppet master,because he could>!!Steve Sunday 19 August, 2012 - 5:53 PM