- Derryn Hinch's final opening editorial
- My last chance to help this child
- We abstain: the tense power struggle in Canberra
- Nothing has really changed in 20 years on the evil issue of child abuse
- Hinch accuses Oxfam of misleading customers over 'Unwrapped' gifts
- Don't drink and dive
- The $250,000 yacht people refugees
- Hinch challenges 'Dumb Ways To Die' creator
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colon Cleanse on A delicate, taboo issue: ... It what does a colon cleanse do tells us several things.And the Barrow Wake view point near Circencester has apparently ... more
- mandy on Hinch Reviews Eat, Pray, Laugh! Barry ... Unfortunately I cannot concur - tired, tacky and tastless - boring, predictable - a complete waste of time and money. ... more
- natalie on Hinch Reviews Eat, Pray, Laugh! Barry ... Very very clever performer. Loved his show in Adelaide tonight. Never a fan of Sir Les but Dame Edna is as sharp as ever. ... more
- allan usherwood on Gillard and the AWU scandal: Larry ... Susan Littlesmith Take a trip to London we are already the laughing stock of the world. Bob Carr as foreign minister ... more
- Poida on No justice for Barry McKnight? I taught him. Idiot then, idiot now. His mother used to cover for him then and obviously still does. Is he in jail yet? ... more
- Me on Western Australia launches sex offender ... Never seen so much ill informed scare-mongering rubbish from people who don't know the difference between a rapist, porn ... more
- Boa Dicea on My last chance to help this child Derryn, you've been great before in sacrificing your freedom for the sake of victims of paedophilia, and now it's already ... more
- Donna Fletcher on My last chance to help this child Please help this baby. All children are our future and we are nothing if we can't do them justice. I have myself removed ... more
- Virginia Hunt on The paedophile priest living the good ... This is disgusting and has to stop good on you Derryn for naming these disgusting monsters. The Catholic Church has a lot to ... more
- Rex Alfie Lee on Is Abbott really as disliked as the ... Dear The Dean, I found your past most righteous or ridiculous, one of those anyway, you can work it out. "Abbott has ... more
- Rex Alfie Lee on Is Abbott really as disliked as the ... You say that their relentless attack on Abbott is working but Mr Abbott is a misogynist. He's proved it relentlessly. ... more
- Rex Alfie Lee on Gillard's gender war affecting the polls Mr Hinch, you are such a twirp. You are a bigot, a liar & another journo that stretches the very fabric of truth into a ... more
- Denise Austin on My last chance to help this child I hope and pray that the little girl is returned to her mother, every night before i go to sleep I ask God to keep the ... more
- R we there Yet on Gillard and the AWU scandal: Larry ... Hi 3aw , it is a real shame Larrys site gets seemingly `interfered` with and supporters get blocked? If he is running a paid ... more
- Jo Montgomery on A special 95th birthday surprise I would love to send on Freda's interview for my Mother,she is a regular at the shop at Brentford Square.How do i go about ... more
- Hot Chunks on Is Abbott really as disliked as the ... I wonder if She had not ever used the word "misogynist " to describe him them would other people think to use it ever at all ... more
- Sara on My last chance to help this child Please tell me this little girl isn't in her fathers care anymore.... I don't understand why she is made to live with her ... more
- kerry estoppey on Derryn Hinch's final opening editorial what a sad loss for melbourne, the world needs more people like Derryn Hinch, to expose injustice and provoke us to thought ... more
- Mikki on 'Craig, you’re no Atticus Finch' Stop wasting TaxPayers money on this PATHALOGICAL DISORDERED MAN and start educating society that his type is what ... more
- mary on My last chance to help this child Does anyone know if the mother has an appeal yet? And if so has it been heard? She could get a stay order, she would have ... more
Is Abbott really as disliked as the opinion polls keep showing?
Tony Abbott: Is he really as disliked out there in the electorate as the opinion polls keep showing?
Today’s NewsPoll in the Australian shows that only 27 per cent of voters are satisfied with his performance as Opposition Leader and a massive 63 per cent don’t like the job he is doing.
His ratings are at their worst since he became leader of the Opposition three years ago.
On the other side – Prime Minister Gillard’s dissatisfaction rating has edged up again to 51 per cent with an approval rating of only 35 per cent. It’s still a case of a pox on both your houses.
But as for the parties themselves – Labor is steady on 36 per cent, which is not good; An election-losing number. And the Coalition has edged up to 43 per cent from 41 per cent.
On a two-party preferred basis the Coalition now leads 51 per cent to 49 per cent. But that’s a dramatic improvement for the Government which was so far behind a few months ago they couldn’t even pick them up with the binoculars.
So why is this so? As Julius Sumner Miller would say: It seems the Government’s deliberate campaign to attack Abbott personally is working. The strategy of painting him relentlessly as sexist and a misogynist.
As Dennis Shanahan puts it well in The Australian today: Labor’s personal campaign against Tony Abbott is working. In one of the true ironies of modern political campaigning, a relentlessly negative and obsessive campaign is being run to portray an opponent as relentlessly negative and obsessive. Yet Abbott’s ‘character’ hasn’t changed – he’s no more sexist or old-fashioned – and he has certainly not unveiled any controversial policies of late.
Some of his advisers are saying he should take some time off. Get out of the media spotlight for a while.
i have worked in the same field and depot for 26 years.the only changes have been the owners,all foreign and ripping off aussie taxpayers,courtesy of a liberal goverment.you are right abbott is not perfect and will introduce another version of workchoices which will punnish 70% of geniune workers.its the liberal way..garry Friday 16 November, 2012 - 7:53 PM
Garry the one winge poster.
Work choices was 5 years ago. Maybe garry is angry because his boss of 5 years finally had a way of getting rid of him. Abbott may not be perfect but at least he has morals and is prepared to answer questions about his past no matter how long ago he may or may not have punched a wall. Shame the same cant be said of the PM who's excuse for being involved with the theft of a million dollars of union funds 17 years ago was that she was " young and naive "The Dean Friday 16 November, 2012 - 11:05 AM
How could he possibly be disliked? Every day Neil, Derryn, Andrew Bolt and the Murdoch papers write love letters to him.mylene Friday 16 November, 2012 - 10:35 AM
Amazing the sympathy poor Tony is getting...... the ALP saying bad things about him. What about the Lib/Nats and the vitriol that has poured forth from their mouths regarding our PM? I call what is happening no,karma, nothing more nothing less.... you play with fire, you get burnt!Jo Campbell Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 4:06 PM
I am a traditional Liberal voter, and have little time for the current Prime Minister, her policies or difficulties with the truth. However her best hope of victory at the next election is for the current leader of the opposition to retain his position. I have never liked Tony Abbott, and nothing the labor party has said about him recently in their typical "see a head and kick it" style has changed my mind, are we forever doomed to the negative leadership style that both Ms Gillard and Mr Abbott seem detirmined to inflict upon usGarry Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 1:05 PM
If Tony is disliked it is because the Labor faithful believe all the bulls**t criticism and smear campaigns that are put out by its' leaders. I have never know Tony to walk any differently than he does now yet Labor are saying that he should lose the arrogant swagger. Juliar has a most awkward manner of walking but you don't hear cries of 'change the way you walk Julia' from the Lib Bench. Tony is accused of being a misogynist, rubbish he loves women but like me hates stupid, loudmouthed, sexist women in politics.Gloria Wednesday 14 November, 2012 - 11:20 AM