- Bargain Bun Ta with Ela Carte
- No deal: Ambo pay dispute blows up
- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
A non-political protest?
Neil Mitchell came out firing against the Occupy Melbourne protesters this morning, revealing that one of the main organisers of the movement, Jake Wishart, works for Greens MP Adam Bandt and previously worked for Greens Senator Sarah Hanson-Young.
Bandt was 'unavailable' for comment on Monday but his office told Neil Mitchell off-air Wishart took leave last Wednesday.
Mitchell is appalled a tax-payer funded employee is helping organise these protests.
(Scroll down for all related audio links, including Neil's interview with Acting Police Commissioner Ken Lay)
The protesters have repeatedly claimed their movement is a non-political one, but this new information contradicts that notion.
Mitchell also revealed that one of their main publicity people is an employee of the National Union of Workers.
In related news, the leaders of the Occupy Melbourne group want the Victorian Ombudsman to investigate at least 43 alleged instances of police violence against demonstrators last Friday.
A statement from Occupy Melbourne says its lawyers have 43 statements listing injuries inflicted by police on protesters, including eye-gouging, punches to the face and back of the head and the deployment of pepper spray, including on children.
On Wednesday, the Queen arrives in Melbourne, and there is speculation that the protesters will turn their attention toward her visit.
Ken Lay joined Neil Mitchell this morning and said he was very pleased with the way the protest was handled by police, but regretted that force had to be used. Listen below.
SCREEN GRAB: Hiddendocumentary.com images of Jake Wishart
PLAY: Acting Police Commissioner Ken Lay with Neil Mitchell
Radar-you are one that has it all wrong,as proved to you and your moronic mates at the weekend,get a job>!!Steve Tuesday 25 October, 2011 - 12:59 PM
3AW and blogs like this just serve to divide Australia's people and stir up the redneck contingent. Whilst, the jocks concerned are making a nice living by drawing in you morons,this is a dangerous activity. Anyone, whether they believe in the protests in the city, or not, cannot possibly justify the vicious and unwarranted level of police violence employed during their eviction.Wake up 3AW and supporters, you are fermenting a fascist state!rada Tuesday 25 October, 2011 - 11:42 AM
Hey China, keep this stuff coming. I haven't had a laugh like this in weeks! You claim your conspiracy theory 'facts' are undeniable then contradict yourself by flying off on wild fantasies. Hilarious! You quote Gideon, but then claim the real threat is the 'mystery men' who AREN'T in Dr Gideon's work. Oh yeah, your paranoid delusion is based on facts! ROFL Do you wear a tin foil hat too? Do you only communicate with your bretheren by written message 'cos of the bugs the 'mystery men' put in your teeth? A little over 1300 corporations who are connected via share ownership and common directors, not a nefarious plot to rule the world, account for 20% of global revenue and between them own corporations which account for around 60% of global revenue. They do report, as all corporations must. They are not mysterious entities they are on public record waiting for you to do some REAL research rather than Googling it. That's your 'conspiracy', how about sticking to reality rather than wild paranoia?Leigh Sharp Tuesday 25 October, 2011 - 10:40 AM
Bob Brown needs to resign from Parliment immediatly over this occupy melbourne rubbish. A minister of the crown cannot be associated in any way with this sort of illegal activity. I'm sure the treason act can be bought intoplay here and Bob and his bunch of tree hugging dim wits can all be stood down. I cannot believe the stupidity these people display whilst accepting wages from us.Beryl Tuesday 25 October, 2011 - 9:56 AM
Are we able to stop dole payments to the morons that participate in these demonstrations. They protest against our government yet hold their hand out every fortnight for their 'pay'. Obviously no standards or principal involved with this mob.Greg Tuesday 25 October, 2011 - 9:41 AM
Ah,China baby,to borrow a Hansonism; Ploise explane?.
I knew if I let out enough line a nibble would be inevitable.jgl Melb Monday 24 October, 2011 - 5:43 PM