- Man arrested after home invasion
- Hird to play no part at Essendon in 2014
- Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations against Labor
- Queen photobombs Comm Games selfie
- One dead, four trapped after Great Ocean Road tourist bus crash
- Video: Bike smashes into car on Clarendon St
- Earthquake hits Greenvale, Epping, Lalor and Roxburgh Park
- Man killed in Wodonga bobcat accident
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
- Jill on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... WHY? WHY? WHY? this will be a question we will be asking ourselves for a long long time to come????????? more
- Samuel J on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... The poor buggers had perhaps gone to Amsterdam to see the live Anre Rieu concern held in Maastricht this week. What a pity ... more
- Stephen on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... My thoughts are with all the families this will affect. But who now would fly Malaysian Airlines. more
- Heather on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... This isn't terrorism it's murder! Men and their bloody wars!!! How many more innocent lives will be lost! Sincere ... more
A non-political protest?
Neil Mitchell came out firing against the Occupy Melbourne protesters this morning, revealing that one of the main organisers of the movement, Jake Wishart, works for Greens MP Adam Bandt and previously worked for Greens Senator Sarah Hanson-Young.
Bandt was 'unavailable' for comment on Monday but his office told Neil Mitchell off-air Wishart took leave last Wednesday.
Mitchell is appalled a tax-payer funded employee is helping organise these protests.
(Scroll down for all related audio links, including Neil's interview with Acting Police Commissioner Ken Lay)
The protesters have repeatedly claimed their movement is a non-political one, but this new information contradicts that notion.
Mitchell also revealed that one of their main publicity people is an employee of the National Union of Workers.
In related news, the leaders of the Occupy Melbourne group want the Victorian Ombudsman to investigate at least 43 alleged instances of police violence against demonstrators last Friday.
A statement from Occupy Melbourne says its lawyers have 43 statements listing injuries inflicted by police on protesters, including eye-gouging, punches to the face and back of the head and the deployment of pepper spray, including on children.
On Wednesday, the Queen arrives in Melbourne, and there is speculation that the protesters will turn their attention toward her visit.
Ken Lay joined Neil Mitchell this morning and said he was very pleased with the way the protest was handled by police, but regretted that force had to be used. Listen below.
SCREEN GRAB: Hiddendocumentary.com images of Jake Wishart
PLAY: Acting Police Commissioner Ken Lay with Neil Mitchell
Radar-you are one that has it all wrong,as proved to you and your moronic mates at the weekend,get a job>!!Steve Tuesday 25 October, 2011 - 12:59 PM
3AW and blogs like this just serve to divide Australia's people and stir up the redneck contingent. Whilst, the jocks concerned are making a nice living by drawing in you morons,this is a dangerous activity. Anyone, whether they believe in the protests in the city, or not, cannot possibly justify the vicious and unwarranted level of police violence employed during their eviction.Wake up 3AW and supporters, you are fermenting a fascist state!rada Tuesday 25 October, 2011 - 11:42 AM
Hey China, keep this stuff coming. I haven't had a laugh like this in weeks! You claim your conspiracy theory 'facts' are undeniable then contradict yourself by flying off on wild fantasies. Hilarious! You quote Gideon, but then claim the real threat is the 'mystery men' who AREN'T in Dr Gideon's work. Oh yeah, your paranoid delusion is based on facts! ROFL Do you wear a tin foil hat too? Do you only communicate with your bretheren by written message 'cos of the bugs the 'mystery men' put in your teeth? A little over 1300 corporations who are connected via share ownership and common directors, not a nefarious plot to rule the world, account for 20% of global revenue and between them own corporations which account for around 60% of global revenue. They do report, as all corporations must. They are not mysterious entities they are on public record waiting for you to do some REAL research rather than Googling it. That's your 'conspiracy', how about sticking to reality rather than wild paranoia?Leigh Sharp Tuesday 25 October, 2011 - 10:40 AM
Bob Brown needs to resign from Parliment immediatly over this occupy melbourne rubbish. A minister of the crown cannot be associated in any way with this sort of illegal activity. I'm sure the treason act can be bought intoplay here and Bob and his bunch of tree hugging dim wits can all be stood down. I cannot believe the stupidity these people display whilst accepting wages from us.Beryl Tuesday 25 October, 2011 - 9:56 AM
Are we able to stop dole payments to the morons that participate in these demonstrations. They protest against our government yet hold their hand out every fortnight for their 'pay'. Obviously no standards or principal involved with this mob.Greg Tuesday 25 October, 2011 - 9:41 AM
Ah,China baby,to borrow a Hansonism; Ploise explane?.
I knew if I let out enough line a nibble would be inevitable.jgl Melb Monday 24 October, 2011 - 5:43 PM