- Woman arrested over racist train assault
- Detective of the Year, Wayne Cheeseman, with Ross, John and Sly
- Ebola virus diagnosed in the US
- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- Out-of-control driver smashes into Hawthorn home fence
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- acetrim on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US Why do people who come come back from Ebola infested places go into quarantine we quarantine plants and animals more
- Linda on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US How hard would it be to quarantine people coming in from affected countries for a couple of weeks? Inconvenient yes, but ... more
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
- Ed Niemiec on Police put on high alert Well done Vic Pol!! more
Adventurous police dog's great escape
A Flemington family have rescued a second Police dog within twelve months after the audacious pup escaped ‘custody’ last week.
In January Kerrie-Anne Merrick told Neil Mitchell that nine-month-old German Shepherd ‘Bullet’ had wondered onto her property as she was eating Breakfast.
Neil Mitchell’s producers notified Police who were extremely grateful that highly trained hound was unharmed.
Well in a case of history repeating itself Kerry-Ann’s partner found another free roaming pooch on his way home from work on Thursday.
“My husband came home from work early and he saw another German Shepherd strolling down the street,” Kerry-Ann told Neil Mitchell.
“He ushered it into our property and had a look at the big gold round tag around its neck and realised it was another Police dog."
Kerry-Anne's husband contacted the dog-squad who promptly came to collect the adventurous puppy.
IMAGE: The dog that Kerry-Anne's husband found on Thursday
It is obvious the poor dogs are not being properly secured and/or looked after. Perhaps the local Council Officer could issue an Infringement Notice to them. If it was poor Joe Citizen he or she would cop a fine but not these bastards that think they are bullet proof. One law for them and another for the poor rorted citizen!~Samuel Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 8:59 PM
What a gorgeous dog its a good thing the family rescued him and he wasn't hurt they need to take much better care that's quite slack.mandy Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 3:42 PM
Makes one wonder why Police Dogs have a liking to this particular house?Willow Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 11:36 AM
no fine for not restraining your animals with more care ?maxx Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 11:06 AM
Imagine being hounded by the cops like that for a second time.>pat Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 10:55 AM
I am an Iranian Australian, have had traveled as
Backpacker and been with the lowest society level people, injection room is 100% is a good thing, but look at the the Switzerland and how they do it. It should issues a member cards based on the addict history and controlling the dosage by the time and reducing the purity of it then after a while it is easy to quite.
Look oversea and pick up the best thing that it works.(don't go the long way)Ali Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 10:28 AM