- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- Tottenham soccer player di(v)es
- Laverton home goes up in flames
- William and Kate avoid Melbourne on royal tour
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
AFL allowed to notify clubs identified in ACC investigation
The second AFL club suspected of being involved in doping could be revealed within days.
The Australian Crime Commission (ACC) has given permission for both the AFL and NRL to notify those clubs who have been identified in their investigation.
Essendon has already been named as one club but the AFL had been previously banned from naming the other club where just one player is under a cloud.
Once notified the club may choose whether or not to make it public.
AFL deputy CEO Gillon McLachlan admitted the players might've been injected without their knowledge or consent.
McLachlan said the Essendon players under investigation may not have had any idea what was in the stomach injections, administered by a sports scientist.
Former sports lawyer Darren Boyd says if the players can prove that they had no knowledge, it may work in their favour and they could escape sanction.
The Age reports there is growing pressure on James Hird to stand down as coach at Essendon in the wake of the issue.
In a front page editorial, Caroline Wilson argues his position is untenable in light of the Crime Commission inquiry into the clubs activities.
She says the fact Hird stood alongside his players, as they signed consent forms for stomach injections but the club then admitted they couldn't be certain what was being injected, is grounds for his dismissal.
Meanwhile, the man at the centre of the sport doping scandal has launched a $10-million case for defamation.
Stephen Dank claims he's been falsely accused of selling illegal drugs to sports people as well as having links to organised crime.
Tony Jones: "Isn't it ironic that the 2 football allegations at the moment are teams cheating to win and a team cheating to lose?"— 3AW Melbourne (@3AW693) February 10, 2013
VIDEO: Andrew Demetriou in the 3AW Studio last week
Afl ceo Andrew Demetriou its time for you to leave afl behind, seen as all the going on's have been on your watch let some one from outside afl who has a big broom and balls take the rest of the trash out shame on you Andrew Demetriou .stuart Sunday 24 February, 2013 - 3:46 PM
Bring back sam newmans caro cardboard cut out that made more sense than wilsonbarry Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 6:27 PM
Stick the whole AFL wont be going to any game anymore any body who supports the afl have got rocks in their head at least the harness racing is fair dinkum LOLbarry Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 6:24 PM
Matt, aka Troll has a deep seated hatred of Australians and all things Australian. Racism runs deep through his viens and controlls his life. He just has never gotten over the fact that his girlfriend found him disgusting and left him for a footballer and a person who loves thier country.Denise Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 10:26 AM
@Jake, I tried I get into Aussie Ball by watching some replays on Foxtel yesterday but my wife is furious.... I started by binge drinking, then urinated all over my couch, I called some teammates over because you can't do things without the boys, we were being a bit loud & my wife came into the room to complain so me & 2 of my teammates raped her, the others watched some were disgusted but didn't say anything because you can't do anything that would see you ostracised from the boys, then as the game went into the last half we got on the recreational drugs, to keep our weight down, then someone gave me an injection, not sure what it was but didn't want to ask because none of the other boys were asking. My wife is holding a information evening tonight for all the parents of my teammates that were there. What should I do? Any more good advice?Matt - proudly Un-Australian Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 10:17 AM
@Jake Monday 2.22pm, I'm in love with you, great work!Gloss Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 9:50 AM