- Childcare system 'nonsense'
- Paul Dale, Rodney Collins excused from giving evidence
- Fog to cause Melbourne Airport delays
- Scissor bandit can't open cash till
- Government workers cashed in on cosy deals, IBAC hears
- 'Bring them home': Government calls for action
- Man killed in Burrumbuttock plane crash
- Police take unsual step in train assault case
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
- Jill on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... WHY? WHY? WHY? this will be a question we will be asking ourselves for a long long time to come????????? more
- Samuel J on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... The poor buggers had perhaps gone to Amsterdam to see the live Anre Rieu concern held in Maastricht this week. What a pity ... more
- Stephen on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... My thoughts are with all the families this will affect. But who now would fly Malaysian Airlines. more
- Heather on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... This isn't terrorism it's murder! Men and their bloody wars!!! How many more innocent lives will be lost! Sincere ... more
- Marlene Gow on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' I wonder how Malthouse would've reacted if some other football identity spoke in that manner to his own daughter those few ... more
- kim on Victorian town's HIV scare Re the Dr Lester interview. It was said earlier in the morning - somewhere between 530 & 630 that the health professional ... more
- Faye on Young Aussies gored in bull run GO BULLS !! more
- Kevin on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' Good manners and decency cost nothing and go such a long way. Mick simply needs to be nice to people, it's not ... more
- Mark Ellison on Victorian town's HIV scare How does "coming into contact" with an HIV infected person, carry a risk? I presume the Health Professional isn't providing ... more
- Matt on Fans ripped-off by Tyson 'Meet & Greet' That is why I picked up the iron, him in the spa. more
- Amanda on Ice town: Victorian region's ... I know of a group of users in Neerim Sth. Folks should take a more loving stance on the unfortunate statement the journalist ... more
AFL allowed to notify clubs identified in ACC investigation
The second AFL club suspected of being involved in doping could be revealed within days.
The Australian Crime Commission (ACC) has given permission for both the AFL and NRL to notify those clubs who have been identified in their investigation.
Essendon has already been named as one club but the AFL had been previously banned from naming the other club where just one player is under a cloud.
Once notified the club may choose whether or not to make it public.
AFL deputy CEO Gillon McLachlan admitted the players might've been injected without their knowledge or consent.
McLachlan said the Essendon players under investigation may not have had any idea what was in the stomach injections, administered by a sports scientist.
Former sports lawyer Darren Boyd says if the players can prove that they had no knowledge, it may work in their favour and they could escape sanction.
The Age reports there is growing pressure on James Hird to stand down as coach at Essendon in the wake of the issue.
In a front page editorial, Caroline Wilson argues his position is untenable in light of the Crime Commission inquiry into the clubs activities.
She says the fact Hird stood alongside his players, as they signed consent forms for stomach injections but the club then admitted they couldn't be certain what was being injected, is grounds for his dismissal.
Meanwhile, the man at the centre of the sport doping scandal has launched a $10-million case for defamation.
Stephen Dank claims he's been falsely accused of selling illegal drugs to sports people as well as having links to organised crime.
Tony Jones: "Isn't it ironic that the 2 football allegations at the moment are teams cheating to win and a team cheating to lose?"— 3AW Melbourne (@3AW693) February 10, 2013
VIDEO: Andrew Demetriou in the 3AW Studio last week
Afl ceo Andrew Demetriou its time for you to leave afl behind, seen as all the going on's have been on your watch let some one from outside afl who has a big broom and balls take the rest of the trash out shame on you Andrew Demetriou .stuart Sunday 24 February, 2013 - 3:46 PM
Bring back sam newmans caro cardboard cut out that made more sense than wilsonbarry Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 6:27 PM
Stick the whole AFL wont be going to any game anymore any body who supports the afl have got rocks in their head at least the harness racing is fair dinkum LOLbarry Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 6:24 PM
Matt, aka Troll has a deep seated hatred of Australians and all things Australian. Racism runs deep through his viens and controlls his life. He just has never gotten over the fact that his girlfriend found him disgusting and left him for a footballer and a person who loves thier country.Denise Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 10:26 AM
@Jake, I tried I get into Aussie Ball by watching some replays on Foxtel yesterday but my wife is furious.... I started by binge drinking, then urinated all over my couch, I called some teammates over because you can't do things without the boys, we were being a bit loud & my wife came into the room to complain so me & 2 of my teammates raped her, the others watched some were disgusted but didn't say anything because you can't do anything that would see you ostracised from the boys, then as the game went into the last half we got on the recreational drugs, to keep our weight down, then someone gave me an injection, not sure what it was but didn't want to ask because none of the other boys were asking. My wife is holding a information evening tonight for all the parents of my teammates that were there. What should I do? Any more good advice?Matt - proudly Un-Australian Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 10:17 AM
@Jake Monday 2.22pm, I'm in love with you, great work!Gloss Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 9:50 AM