- Bombers battered in court
- Terror raids: Sydney man charged over terrorism plot
- Attempted tobacco smuggling ring busted in Port Melbourne
- RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard thief checking in for 'other matters' at police station
- McCartney responds to rift rumours
- Carlton tram creep touching women passengers
- Teen attacked along Dandenong Creek
- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Willow on Bombers battered in court About time, justice at last. A lesson to players for the future, do not take part in experiments just because your Club and ... more
- Aria Judillaa on Bombers battered in court Sorry Hird, but when people start challenging the validity of an investigation it's pretty obvious they have something to ... more
- Iain on Bombers battered in court I wonder if Essendon get it know..Justice Middleton is well respected and agrees they have a case to answer. Essendon: take ... more
- Stephen on Bombers battered in court Time to move on and draw a line under this by all sides. The evidence is not there or this would have been put to bed by ... more
- IBARKER on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Great result for the Person that had his Boards Stolen. more
- RFor on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... LOVE IT !!!Like the other one a few weeks ago- Pollys Questn. Suspect, he says no not me, shows his brothers I.D. - Pollys ... more
- Jodie O'Donovan on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Sounds like the bloke who robbed my house while I was across the road at work, watching him. My husband ran to the house to ... more
- David T. on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... This is one thief who is totally unsuited to his chosen career. more
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
AFL allowed to notify clubs identified in ACC investigation
The second AFL club suspected of being involved in doping could be revealed within days.
The Australian Crime Commission (ACC) has given permission for both the AFL and NRL to notify those clubs who have been identified in their investigation.
Essendon has already been named as one club but the AFL had been previously banned from naming the other club where just one player is under a cloud.
Once notified the club may choose whether or not to make it public.
AFL deputy CEO Gillon McLachlan admitted the players might've been injected without their knowledge or consent.
McLachlan said the Essendon players under investigation may not have had any idea what was in the stomach injections, administered by a sports scientist.
Former sports lawyer Darren Boyd says if the players can prove that they had no knowledge, it may work in their favour and they could escape sanction.
The Age reports there is growing pressure on James Hird to stand down as coach at Essendon in the wake of the issue.
In a front page editorial, Caroline Wilson argues his position is untenable in light of the Crime Commission inquiry into the clubs activities.
She says the fact Hird stood alongside his players, as they signed consent forms for stomach injections but the club then admitted they couldn't be certain what was being injected, is grounds for his dismissal.
Meanwhile, the man at the centre of the sport doping scandal has launched a $10-million case for defamation.
Stephen Dank claims he's been falsely accused of selling illegal drugs to sports people as well as having links to organised crime.
Tony Jones: "Isn't it ironic that the 2 football allegations at the moment are teams cheating to win and a team cheating to lose?"— 3AW Melbourne (@3AW693) February 10, 2013
VIDEO: Andrew Demetriou in the 3AW Studio last week
Afl ceo Andrew Demetriou its time for you to leave afl behind, seen as all the going on's have been on your watch let some one from outside afl who has a big broom and balls take the rest of the trash out shame on you Andrew Demetriou .stuart Sunday 24 February, 2013 - 3:46 PM
Bring back sam newmans caro cardboard cut out that made more sense than wilsonbarry Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 6:27 PM
Stick the whole AFL wont be going to any game anymore any body who supports the afl have got rocks in their head at least the harness racing is fair dinkum LOLbarry Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 6:24 PM
Matt, aka Troll has a deep seated hatred of Australians and all things Australian. Racism runs deep through his viens and controlls his life. He just has never gotten over the fact that his girlfriend found him disgusting and left him for a footballer and a person who loves thier country.Denise Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 10:26 AM
@Jake, I tried I get into Aussie Ball by watching some replays on Foxtel yesterday but my wife is furious.... I started by binge drinking, then urinated all over my couch, I called some teammates over because you can't do things without the boys, we were being a bit loud & my wife came into the room to complain so me & 2 of my teammates raped her, the others watched some were disgusted but didn't say anything because you can't do anything that would see you ostracised from the boys, then as the game went into the last half we got on the recreational drugs, to keep our weight down, then someone gave me an injection, not sure what it was but didn't want to ask because none of the other boys were asking. My wife is holding a information evening tonight for all the parents of my teammates that were there. What should I do? Any more good advice?Matt - proudly Un-Australian Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 10:17 AM
@Jake Monday 2.22pm, I'm in love with you, great work!Gloss Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 9:50 AM