- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
And the potential winners are...
Tokyo, Madrid and Istanbul have made the short list of cities bidding to host the 2020 Summer Olympics.
Other applicant cities, Baku in Azerbaijan and Doha in Qatar, failed to make the list.
Tokyo are the only one of the candidates to have hosted the event before and are widely seen at the front runner.
The successful candidate will be announced on Sept. 7, 2013 at the 125th IOC 'Session' in Buenos Aires.
WHO DO YOU THINK SHOULD HOST THE 2020 GAMES?
TOKYO (JAPAN), MADRID (Spain) or ISTANBUL (Turkey)
OLYMPIC OUTRAGE: The Aussie Mens Hockey Team are fuming that they'll have to get up at 5 in the morning to play most of their games at the London Olympics. Should the Kookaburras be upset about the early starts?
I hope Turkey win it will just go to prove how irrelevant the olympics are. Turkey is a democracy in name only. The theocrats run the villages. This will be a bigger disaster than Berlin in 1936.Kevin V Russell Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 1:51 PM
I've been to all 3 cities and they are all wonderful and would go back to any of the 3 in a minute. However, I vote for Tokyo. Itis the city out of the 3 that I would go to see an olympic game. The infrastructure is already there and it is a very efficient city. Istanbul and Madrid have to spend billions to improve their infrastructure. Money that can be spent elsewhere.Rachel Frobom Saturday 11 August, 2012 - 5:40 AM
You don't know anything about turkey Sam turkey is a beautiful place and it's got te best military so it's the safest place to be! Turkey will be te best place for the 2020 Olympics!!TJ Saturday 4 August, 2012 - 10:35 AM
I agree ChrisJane Friday 25 May, 2012 - 11:55 AM
who really cares anyway as its only a good jaunt for the all the Olympic officials to keep their noses in the trough.chris watts Friday 25 May, 2012 - 9:27 AM
I hope Turkey does not win it. Just not safe enough at the moment for such a big event.Sam Thursday 24 May, 2012 - 12:23 PM