- Victoria shivers through coldest December day in seven years
- Cricket Australia apologises for insensitive tweet
- Qantas to cut 1000 jobs
- Future of Heidelberg BMX track still in doubt
- 338 PSO fines wrongly issued
- Gold Coast Suns sack Campbell Brown
- Breakfast farewells Mal Walden
- Young hoon performs burnouts in front of cops
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tim on Having issues streaming 3AW? Have tried your suggestions but still no luck. Have had to swap our Companies on-hold station from 3AW to your rival FM ... more
- Janet Saunders on Having issues streaming 3AW? I am sick of the 3aw dropping out all the time, I changed to chrome, but no better. I think I need to change radio stations, ... more
- Mick on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs Joyce has gone from trimming QANTAS to destroying it. It seems he is hell bent on making it fail. He is ruining one of the ... more
- Peter on Having issues streaming 3AW? Since you have updated the streaming side to 3AW I can no longer listen at work :( I can not change any browser settings as ... more
- Aria Judilla on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs These job cuts are brought to you by Qantas management. The same management who recently begged shareholders for extra money ... more
- paula wilcox on Cricket Australia apologises for ... Why have that Piers Morgan have any credibility. If he sets foot in England he will be charged with fraud for faking ... more
- paula wilcox on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs I am really sick of that CEO that they imported from Ireland. Send him back and fine him to give to the workers he has ... more
- Sinbad on Cricket Australia apologises for ... Same as Afro-American rappers using the 'N' word, same as an Italian calling another Italian a wog......Is this still racist ... more
- Blake on Cricket Australia apologises for ... yeah...not racist. more
- bretho on Cricket Australia apologises for ... Since when has it ever been racist for 4 Indians to dress up as Indians? I understand if it was 4 white people but this is ... more
- John on Cricket Australia apologises for ... I hope the person responsible for this tweet is removed from his position immediately. Very distasteful indeed. Does anyone ... more
- Lukew on Cricket Australia apologises for ... I would like to know what is racist about it? more
- simon on Having issues streaming 3AW? I am a Melburnian currently living in Cebu City Philippines. I am able (sometimes) to get audio but the studio video feed ... more
- Karly on Council calls off BMX track demolition I support Heath and his mates.similar thing happened to my boys in belgrave south. Every time the kids built a bike track ... more
- Pradman on Young hoon performs burnouts in front ... ....and he's allowed to vote more
- LynetteOZ on Breakfast farewells Mal Walden The consummate professional! You'll be missed Mal. Thanks for bringing us the news with a dash of humour where appropriate. more
- John on Having issues streaming 3AW? I run FireFox on win 7 and on Linux Mint FireFox. Install VLC. Shockwave and jvanjvan@plugins (latest levels)and it will all ... more
- Kirk on Breakfast farewells Mal Walden Well done on a great career mal, you were the one that go me interested in watching the news in my early teens in 1996, i ... more
- fiona on Breakfast farewells Mal Walden What a lovely man mal waldon is .lovely to see such emotion on the show tonight, wouldn't we all love to loved and ... more
- Gazza on Young hoon performs burnouts in front ... Surely the revenue cameras will stop this behaviour...... more
And the potential winners are...
Tokyo, Madrid and Istanbul have made the short list of cities bidding to host the 2020 Summer Olympics.
Other applicant cities, Baku in Azerbaijan and Doha in Qatar, failed to make the list.
Tokyo are the only one of the candidates to have hosted the event before and are widely seen at the front runner.
The successful candidate will be announced on Sept. 7, 2013 at the 125th IOC 'Session' in Buenos Aires.
WHO DO YOU THINK SHOULD HOST THE 2020 GAMES?
TOKYO (JAPAN), MADRID (Spain) or ISTANBUL (Turkey)
OLYMPIC OUTRAGE: The Aussie Mens Hockey Team are fuming that they'll have to get up at 5 in the morning to play most of their games at the London Olympics. Should the Kookaburras be upset about the early starts?
I hope Turkey win it will just go to prove how irrelevant the olympics are. Turkey is a democracy in name only. The theocrats run the villages. This will be a bigger disaster than Berlin in 1936.Kevin V Russell Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 1:51 PM
I've been to all 3 cities and they are all wonderful and would go back to any of the 3 in a minute. However, I vote for Tokyo. Itis the city out of the 3 that I would go to see an olympic game. The infrastructure is already there and it is a very efficient city. Istanbul and Madrid have to spend billions to improve their infrastructure. Money that can be spent elsewhere.Rachel Frobom Saturday 11 August, 2012 - 5:40 AM
You don't know anything about turkey Sam turkey is a beautiful place and it's got te best military so it's the safest place to be! Turkey will be te best place for the 2020 Olympics!!TJ Saturday 4 August, 2012 - 10:35 AM
I agree ChrisJane Friday 25 May, 2012 - 11:55 AM
who really cares anyway as its only a good jaunt for the all the Olympic officials to keep their noses in the trough.chris watts Friday 25 May, 2012 - 9:27 AM
I hope Turkey does not win it. Just not safe enough at the moment for such a big event.Sam Thursday 24 May, 2012 - 12:23 PM