- Obama has the last laugh
- Pakenham mystery: Man found dead in street
- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- Tottenham soccer player di(v)es
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
And the potential winners are...
Tokyo, Madrid and Istanbul have made the short list of cities bidding to host the 2020 Summer Olympics.
Other applicant cities, Baku in Azerbaijan and Doha in Qatar, failed to make the list.
Tokyo are the only one of the candidates to have hosted the event before and are widely seen at the front runner.
The successful candidate will be announced on Sept. 7, 2013 at the 125th IOC 'Session' in Buenos Aires.
WHO DO YOU THINK SHOULD HOST THE 2020 GAMES?
TOKYO (JAPAN), MADRID (Spain) or ISTANBUL (Turkey)
OLYMPIC OUTRAGE: The Aussie Mens Hockey Team are fuming that they'll have to get up at 5 in the morning to play most of their games at the London Olympics. Should the Kookaburras be upset about the early starts?
I hope Turkey win it will just go to prove how irrelevant the olympics are. Turkey is a democracy in name only. The theocrats run the villages. This will be a bigger disaster than Berlin in 1936.Kevin V Russell Thursday 10 January, 2013 - 1:51 PM
I've been to all 3 cities and they are all wonderful and would go back to any of the 3 in a minute. However, I vote for Tokyo. Itis the city out of the 3 that I would go to see an olympic game. The infrastructure is already there and it is a very efficient city. Istanbul and Madrid have to spend billions to improve their infrastructure. Money that can be spent elsewhere.Rachel Frobom Saturday 11 August, 2012 - 5:40 AM
You don't know anything about turkey Sam turkey is a beautiful place and it's got te best military so it's the safest place to be! Turkey will be te best place for the 2020 Olympics!!TJ Saturday 4 August, 2012 - 10:35 AM
I agree ChrisJane Friday 25 May, 2012 - 11:55 AM
who really cares anyway as its only a good jaunt for the all the Olympic officials to keep their noses in the trough.chris watts Friday 25 May, 2012 - 9:27 AM
I hope Turkey does not win it. Just not safe enough at the moment for such a big event.Sam Thursday 24 May, 2012 - 12:23 PM