- VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick Samantha
- 'He was a precocious talent'
- Phillip Hughes dead at 25
- 'Like winning the lotto': A win for heartbroken wife
- 'Parliament is not a pub'
- Woman hit, man flees on foot, Blackburn Rd closed
- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Geoff on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... With society up to its boots in politics and living in its own little world, this is what is really important. While we ... more
- Jennifer Williams on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I think that puppy knows she is there for a very special reason. Four tissues later and I'm still going. Such a sad story, ... more
- LisaJ on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Well done Neil and 3AW. Such a nice story after yesterdays news. more
- Helen on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I'm sure Pixie will bring a lot of joy to Samantha, Ashley and the family at this difficult time for them all.Kind thoughts ... more
- andy on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... hope young pixie gives samantha a distaction from the other things going onthe 3 aw community has restored my faith in ... more
- carol on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Driving while crying! kept looking across to see if I was not the only one, then a guy rang in and said he was doing exactly ... more
- paul on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Hi Neil I've just watched the video of pixie being delivered. I have tears rolling you are a legend!!! Christmas WISHES to ... more
- Heather on Phillip Hughes dead at 25 May the clouds wrap him in a blanket of love and the moon kiss him goodnight! Rest in peace young man! Much love to his ... more
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
Andrew Demetriou just doesn't get it
This morning Andrew Demetriou said he’d done a good job running the AFL over the past 10 years.
He said there wasn’t much more the AFL could do about drugs, while at the same committing to do more in the wake of yesterday's revelations by the ACC.
Back in 2002, former Sydney Swan Dale Lewis was ridiculed for claiming that many AFL players use drugs – yet now we have the 3 strikes policy.
Demetriou also denied ferociously any suggestion that tanking occurred in the AFL – until players like Brock McLean began putting their hands up and saying they did indeed lose games in order to secure draft picks.
The use of performance enhancing drugs is now front and centre since Essendon’s revelations just days ago, yet AD was nowhere to be seen for a couple of days.
Like all big businesses, the AFL hates bad news and will do what it can to suppress any story that might tarnish its reputation.
It is in the nature of companies to cover things up so that their customers don’t take their business elsewhere and in the AFL’s case, that means kids taking up alternative sports, and fans not stumping up cash for seats, memberships and foxtel subs to watch games.
Any other business that suffered the equivalent of tanking and widespread drug use in its ranks would see the CEO sacked, but is this likely at the AFL?
For some reason it seems not…
JUSTIN SMITH: When this is all over, and the full story runs onto the field, the people who paid their money, sat in the cold and cried at losses will be owed an apology. And it had better be a bloody good one.
A lot of big talk here for an investigation not even completed! I find it amazing so many trolls come out of the wood work to bask AD and AFL. I for one have serious questions about the investigation, 1st if they had these informants/wire tapes and other evidence why did they wait a year for the report to be given prior to investigation......If you have the evidence do you let other innocent parties get caught up in it by waiting or do you act.
2nd why was the report tabled after a Federal election was announced......wouldn't it be prudent to anounce findings at the begining of the off season rather than the week before the footy season launch
3rd why gloss over serious issues with match fixing overseas with soccer............but say although 40 mil bet on one A League match there's nothing to worry about....then there is announcements of Melb Vic playing Liverpool less than one week after report.
Now there is talk of amnesty's for offenders in NRL
Call me synical but there is alot that doesnt add up......Fitz Tuesday 12 February, 2013 - 10:17 PM
News Flash! the AFL has just signed Lance Armstrong to sing at the Grand Final!
He's to sing Neil Young's "Needle and the Damage Done" and Essendon's coaching squad are to sing backing vocals...should be good!Jim Monday 11 February, 2013 - 3:31 PM
Thanks for stuffing-up the AFL.
Rampant drug taking and "tanking ' have ruined the game while on your watch.
What a poor example for young supporters!
Why should I take my kids to an AFL game knowing it has probably been fixed and the players are likely high on steroids!
No more AFL games for my family.
Will not renew my Essendon membership until you either quit as CEO or are sacked!AllanP Monday 11 February, 2013 - 1:07 PM
Andrew Demetriou needs a reality check quick.
He is paid handsomely for his job as is job as CEO of the AFL but it seems you have you have taken little interest in the welfare of the AFL as you travel the world and swan around your 7 million dollar house and drive your luxury car(s).
Seems Andrew you have been sleeping on the job and now you been caught out.
No Andrew, no amount of talking is going to save you or your job this time.
You are obviously avoiding the media to avoid further damage control to yourself . You seem to be saying "to hell "with the AFL and its genuine supporters.
I have a truism for you Andrew.
Where there is big money criminal activities closely follow.
Look about you. You a bound to lose your privileged position and salary. Perhaps even, dare I say, you might not be able to afford to be a member of the Qantas Club!
Maybe I'll see you at the MCG sitting with other mums and dads eating a meat pie.
No more executive box for you!
Why is this bound to happen Andrew?
It is because you have been a dismal failure os CEO of the once proud AFL!AllanP Monday 11 February, 2013 - 12:49 PM
@Phillip Malone ... learn the difference between your and you're .... YOU'RE doing my head in with YOUR ignorance.Sue Monday 11 February, 2013 - 9:22 AM
The Big Fat Greek should stand down; like a parliamentarian he is full of hot air.Barraman Monday 11 February, 2013 - 9:10 AM