- Girls charged over sickening brawl
- Obama has the last laugh
- Man found dead in Pakenham street
- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
Appeal for witnesses to Alfred Hospital in apparent road rage attack
A man picking up his wife from The Alfred Hospital has been attacked in broad daylight after a verbal dispute with a stranger.
Police said the victim was lucky to have have had his neck broken during the violent confrontation which is believed to have followed a dispute over a car park.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident, which saw the 64-year-old Armadale man attacked by an unknown male motorist, who dragged him from his car and threw him head first to the ground.
The video of the attack shows a number of people around the vicinity of the attack when it took place.
WATCH: CCTV footage of The Alfred Hospital attack:
The victim received minor injuries, requiring four hours of hospital treatment.
The victim was outside the Commercial Road, Prahran hospital at around 10:45am on Friday 4th January when the incident occurred.
Police said the alleged offender was perceived as being of Pacific Islander appearance, aged between 30 and 35 years, approximately 185cm tall with a muscular build. He was wearing a white shirt and grey shorts, and is believed to have been driving a small, light green sedan.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or www.crimestoppers.com.au.
The old man was 100 percent right the other guy was not parked there and it had nothing to do with him. The idiot that punched the old man should be put in jail forever.Justin Wednesday 23 January, 2013 - 7:08 PM
@Lyn; Your post should be printed and repeated in all newspapers, magazines and radio stations. Too many males (I won't call them "men") think they must try to show their "manliness" constantly, to impress women or prove their "superiority" over any other men around. The more women like you, who question their motives and suggest their stupidity, the better. In my opinion (as a male of, let's say, experienced years); they have immature brains and are, and should be treated as, thugs.David T. Wednesday 9 January, 2013 - 5:11 PM
From the footage, it looks like the old bloke was being impatient and started lipping up. Whilst I certainly don't condone the violence, maybe he should have just shut his mouth, stayed in the car, and waited for the big fella to load the wheelchair. Would have only taken a minute or two and greatly reduced his risk of footpath poisoning!Sinbad Wednesday 9 January, 2013 - 1:05 PM
The attacker should be put in jail for six months with a police record, if that does not happen , it is a failure of justice system.HARVINDER Wednesday 9 January, 2013 - 9:46 AM
Unfortunately as a male i have to say you are correct in saying that many men today are just dumber and cannot control themselves. BUT the courts with their non existant sentences in assult cases are also to blame. The hospital could identify those involved because he was helping someone who appeared to be a patient that was leaving the hospital, a check of their discharge records will reveil this.Peter Tuesday 8 January, 2013 - 5:15 PM
Disgraceful. Why do men have to use their fists all the time? Why is it these days men are so aggressive? Is there more testosterone in their bodies than years ago? Or are they just dumber? The world of men is going to sh*t. The death toll resulting from punch ups is more Han the road toll ATM!!Lyn Tuesday 8 January, 2013 - 12:45 PM