- Thousands remember on Anzac Day
- Dismay as weather presenter Jane Bunn retires
- Computer systems to cost Australians billions
- Buddy smashes girlfriend's car
- Anger over domestic violence billboard
- Family hold silent vigil for murdered mum
- ALP changes: Shorten distances Labor from unions
- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kenof Euroa on Dismay as weather presenter Jane Bunn ... Noooooooooooooooooo!!!! more
- Josh on Computer systems to cost Australians ... If the repair bill is really $1.5 Billion to fix then its probably time to upgrade. Also curious if that cost also includes ... more
- John on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Texting? more
- Kaz on Computer systems to cost Australians ... Neil, on current performance the govt will not spend any money on needy people only take away as in pensioners. 12bn $ on ... more
- Canberra Observer on Computer systems to cost Australians ... Australians should be very worried at what the ALP has done to this country and where its internal operation is now under ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Just another day in the life of 3AW's "heroes". Another role model for our kids the station will be championing and ... more
- Mark on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Buddy's insurance premium next year is going to take a good hit out of his million dollar salary. more
- Janet P on Family hold silent vigil for murdered ... Remove the word Domestic.Violence is Violence. Our justice system is a JOKE more
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
Appeal for witnesses to Alfred Hospital in apparent road rage attack
A man picking up his wife from The Alfred Hospital has been attacked in broad daylight after a verbal dispute with a stranger.
Police said the victim was lucky to have have had his neck broken during the violent confrontation which is believed to have followed a dispute over a car park.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident, which saw the 64-year-old Armadale man attacked by an unknown male motorist, who dragged him from his car and threw him head first to the ground.
The video of the attack shows a number of people around the vicinity of the attack when it took place.
WATCH: CCTV footage of The Alfred Hospital attack:
The victim received minor injuries, requiring four hours of hospital treatment.
The victim was outside the Commercial Road, Prahran hospital at around 10:45am on Friday 4th January when the incident occurred.
Police said the alleged offender was perceived as being of Pacific Islander appearance, aged between 30 and 35 years, approximately 185cm tall with a muscular build. He was wearing a white shirt and grey shorts, and is believed to have been driving a small, light green sedan.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or www.crimestoppers.com.au.
The old man was 100 percent right the other guy was not parked there and it had nothing to do with him. The idiot that punched the old man should be put in jail forever.Justin Wednesday 23 January, 2013 - 7:08 PM
@Lyn; Your post should be printed and repeated in all newspapers, magazines and radio stations. Too many males (I won't call them "men") think they must try to show their "manliness" constantly, to impress women or prove their "superiority" over any other men around. The more women like you, who question their motives and suggest their stupidity, the better. In my opinion (as a male of, let's say, experienced years); they have immature brains and are, and should be treated as, thugs.David T. Wednesday 9 January, 2013 - 5:11 PM
From the footage, it looks like the old bloke was being impatient and started lipping up. Whilst I certainly don't condone the violence, maybe he should have just shut his mouth, stayed in the car, and waited for the big fella to load the wheelchair. Would have only taken a minute or two and greatly reduced his risk of footpath poisoning!Sinbad Wednesday 9 January, 2013 - 1:05 PM
The attacker should be put in jail for six months with a police record, if that does not happen , it is a failure of justice system.HARVINDER Wednesday 9 January, 2013 - 9:46 AM
Unfortunately as a male i have to say you are correct in saying that many men today are just dumber and cannot control themselves. BUT the courts with their non existant sentences in assult cases are also to blame. The hospital could identify those involved because he was helping someone who appeared to be a patient that was leaving the hospital, a check of their discharge records will reveil this.Peter Tuesday 8 January, 2013 - 5:15 PM
Disgraceful. Why do men have to use their fists all the time? Why is it these days men are so aggressive? Is there more testosterone in their bodies than years ago? Or are they just dumber? The world of men is going to sh*t. The death toll resulting from punch ups is more Han the road toll ATM!!Lyn Tuesday 8 January, 2013 - 12:45 PM