- Woman arrested over racist train assault
- Detective of the Year, Wayne Cheeseman, with Ross, John and Sly
- Ebola virus diagnosed in the US
- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- Out-of-control driver smashes into Hawthorn home fence
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- acetrim on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US Why do people who come come back from Ebola infested places go into quarantine we quarantine plants and animals more
- Linda on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US How hard would it be to quarantine people coming in from affected countries for a couple of weeks? Inconvenient yes, but ... more
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
- Ed Niemiec on Police put on high alert Well done Vic Pol!! more
Aussie Joel Parkinson wins his maiden world surfing title
LISTEN BELOW: Joel Parkinson chats with 3AW Sports Today.
Australian Joel Parkinson has cemented his position among the surfing elite after wrapping up the 2012 World Surfing Title in Hawaii on the weekend.
Parkinson went into the Billabong Pipemasters on top of the ASP leader board but needed to finish ahead of 11-time world champ Kelly Slater to secure the illustrious crown.
In a nail biting conclusion Slater bowed out in the semi-finals leaving Parkinson to claim his maiden title.
'Parko' then capped of his dream day by defeating the Gold Coast’s Josh Kerr in the Pipemasters final.
Parkinson, a 4-time tour runner-up, says he is thrilled to finally cement his position among the surfing greats.
"People have called me the best surfer never to win a World Title and I’ve had that bridesmaid tag a few times,"
"I’ve abolished those things and to have no tag to my name, to actually just have a world title next to me, I’m so honoured to have that" he told 3AW Sports Today.
Parkinson described the scenes since is victory as 'wild' but says it took a chat with surfing legend Sunny Garcia for his triumph to start to sink in.
"Sunny Garcia was here the night that I won and he was saying ‘No matter what (happens) in your life that’s one thing they’ll never take away from you. You’ve earned it this year,'"
"He is one of the kings of our sport. He was saying such nice things it was just so humbling to hear,"
"I almost had a tear in my eye just thinking – 'Me! I did it!'"
IMAGE: Parkinson in action at the Pipemasters (ASP)
LISTEN HERE: Joel Parkinson on 3AW Sports Today
Former AFL stars Dwayne Russell and Gerard Healy keep you informed about the game all year round, but particularly in-season. When AFL takes a break, the boys ensure all of your sporting requirements are met.