- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Truck sinks into Prahran road
- 'He's been a huge success'
- Where has it gone wrong for Qantas?
- Police hunt man after lift assault
- Teens injured in Western Ring Road drag racing flip
- James Hird nominates Patrick Smith
- I found the experience so deeply unsettling
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Going after Greens voters.. Their evil twin the Greens won't be to impressed with that more
- Ross on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' "Process", "Process", "Process". Davis is a broken record. I'm a Paramedic, and if I had a dollar for every time he's called ... more
- Gloria on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Danny Boy Andrews, how to win friends and influence people, bring in a drug law that can be rorted by druggies and ... more
- Peggy on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' What a situation we are going to be in at the next election. If we want to do the right thing and have this approved and ... more
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
Aussie Joel Parkinson wins his maiden world surfing title
LISTEN BELOW: Joel Parkinson chats with 3AW Sports Today.
Australian Joel Parkinson has cemented his position among the surfing elite after wrapping up the 2012 World Surfing Title in Hawaii on the weekend.
Parkinson went into the Billabong Pipemasters on top of the ASP leader board but needed to finish ahead of 11-time world champ Kelly Slater to secure the illustrious crown.
In a nail biting conclusion Slater bowed out in the semi-finals leaving Parkinson to claim his maiden title.
'Parko' then capped of his dream day by defeating the Gold Coast’s Josh Kerr in the Pipemasters final.
Parkinson, a 4-time tour runner-up, says he is thrilled to finally cement his position among the surfing greats.
"People have called me the best surfer never to win a World Title and I’ve had that bridesmaid tag a few times,"
"I’ve abolished those things and to have no tag to my name, to actually just have a world title next to me, I’m so honoured to have that" he told 3AW Sports Today.
Parkinson described the scenes since is victory as 'wild' but says it took a chat with surfing legend Sunny Garcia for his triumph to start to sink in.
"Sunny Garcia was here the night that I won and he was saying ‘No matter what (happens) in your life that’s one thing they’ll never take away from you. You’ve earned it this year,'"
"He is one of the kings of our sport. He was saying such nice things it was just so humbling to hear,"
"I almost had a tear in my eye just thinking – 'Me! I did it!'"
IMAGE: Parkinson in action at the Pipemasters (ASP)
LISTEN HERE: Joel Parkinson on 3AW Sports Today
Former AFL stars Dwayne Russell and Gerard Healy keep you informed about the game all year round, but particularly in-season. When AFL takes a break, the boys ensure all of your sporting requirements are met.