- 'Thrill killer' Hemming jailed
- Homegrown terror risks by numbers
- Man arrested after police chase
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
Aussie Joel Parkinson wins his maiden world surfing title
LISTEN BELOW: Joel Parkinson chats with 3AW Sports Today.
Australian Joel Parkinson has cemented his position among the surfing elite after wrapping up the 2012 World Surfing Title in Hawaii on the weekend.
Parkinson went into the Billabong Pipemasters on top of the ASP leader board but needed to finish ahead of 11-time world champ Kelly Slater to secure the illustrious crown.
In a nail biting conclusion Slater bowed out in the semi-finals leaving Parkinson to claim his maiden title.
'Parko' then capped of his dream day by defeating the Gold Coast’s Josh Kerr in the Pipemasters final.
Parkinson, a 4-time tour runner-up, says he is thrilled to finally cement his position among the surfing greats.
"People have called me the best surfer never to win a World Title and I’ve had that bridesmaid tag a few times,"
"I’ve abolished those things and to have no tag to my name, to actually just have a world title next to me, I’m so honoured to have that" he told 3AW Sports Today.
Parkinson described the scenes since is victory as 'wild' but says it took a chat with surfing legend Sunny Garcia for his triumph to start to sink in.
"Sunny Garcia was here the night that I won and he was saying ‘No matter what (happens) in your life that’s one thing they’ll never take away from you. You’ve earned it this year,'"
"He is one of the kings of our sport. He was saying such nice things it was just so humbling to hear,"
"I almost had a tear in my eye just thinking – 'Me! I did it!'"
IMAGE: Parkinson in action at the Pipemasters (ASP)
LISTEN HERE: Joel Parkinson on 3AW Sports Today
Former AFL stars Dwayne Russell and Gerard Healy keep you informed about the game all year round, but particularly in-season. When AFL takes a break, the boys ensure all of your sporting requirements are met.