- 'Parliament is not a pub'
- Woman hit, man flees on foot, Blackburn Rd closed
- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- Police swarm on Bandidos club in murder investigation
- Council caught dumping waste
- Hughes in critical condition
- Woman swallowed by sinkhole
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
- Dennis on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... Apparantly Edihad is supplying food and drink to people affected by the fire. I hope they're not charging football prices. more
- Chris on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... With all the media and fire fighters the dock lands population must have doubled last night. more
- Chris on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Any smart person would have put a new seat on $20 at bunnings and when they leave put the broken one back on. more
- Gloria on 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla I had written a cheque yesterday for Yooralla Appeal, will not decide whether to post it or not until investigations are ... more
- andy on Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer good luck more
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
- greg on New-age helmet design I'm sure(NOT) that will prevent motorists from hitting cyclists. It's a dumb idea and the helmet is both hideous and ... more
Aussie Joel Parkinson wins his maiden world surfing title
LISTEN BELOW: Joel Parkinson chats with 3AW Sports Today.
Australian Joel Parkinson has cemented his position among the surfing elite after wrapping up the 2012 World Surfing Title in Hawaii on the weekend.
Parkinson went into the Billabong Pipemasters on top of the ASP leader board but needed to finish ahead of 11-time world champ Kelly Slater to secure the illustrious crown.
In a nail biting conclusion Slater bowed out in the semi-finals leaving Parkinson to claim his maiden title.
'Parko' then capped of his dream day by defeating the Gold Coast’s Josh Kerr in the Pipemasters final.
Parkinson, a 4-time tour runner-up, says he is thrilled to finally cement his position among the surfing greats.
"People have called me the best surfer never to win a World Title and I’ve had that bridesmaid tag a few times,"
"I’ve abolished those things and to have no tag to my name, to actually just have a world title next to me, I’m so honoured to have that" he told 3AW Sports Today.
Parkinson described the scenes since is victory as 'wild' but says it took a chat with surfing legend Sunny Garcia for his triumph to start to sink in.
"Sunny Garcia was here the night that I won and he was saying ‘No matter what (happens) in your life that’s one thing they’ll never take away from you. You’ve earned it this year,'"
"He is one of the kings of our sport. He was saying such nice things it was just so humbling to hear,"
"I almost had a tear in my eye just thinking – 'Me! I did it!'"
IMAGE: Parkinson in action at the Pipemasters (ASP)
LISTEN HERE: Joel Parkinson on 3AW Sports Today
Former AFL stars Dwayne Russell and Gerard Healy keep you informed about the game all year round, but particularly in-season. When AFL takes a break, the boys ensure all of your sporting requirements are met.