- Demons sign Paul Roos for another year
- Seal swims to South Yarra
- Police investigate football leg break
- Umpire reverses match-winning goal for 'faked' injury
- Woman badly burned in shocking Ardeer assault
- Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow
- Man arrested after home invasion
- Hird to play no part at Essendon in 2014
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
'Australia deserves better'
UPDATE: A senior Labor MP has called on Kevin Rudd to "exit the team" if he's not prepared to offer Prime Minister Julia Gillard his full support.
Even Victorian Premier Ted Baillieu weighed in on the crisis on Monday morning, claiming an election is needed urgently to restore stability.
Meanwhile, Julia Gillard has refused to describe her leadership rival Kevin Rudd as disloyal and says she has the "strong support" of her colleagues.
*Scroll down for all related audio links, including audio of Rudd's outburst and Simon Crean's interview with Neil Mitchell*
3AW's Michael Pachi has provided a analysis of the leadership crisis:
Nineteen months after the brutal leadership coup which deposed Kevin Rudd from the nation’s top job and propelled his deputy Julia Gillard into the role, the tables have turned.
We could be looking at another leadership challenge as early as next Monday or Tuesday when parliament returns.
MPS in the Gillard and Rudd camps will spend the next week crunching numbers for the respective candidates.
It works well for Mr Rudd because he’s away at a G20 conference in Mexico and can distance himself while his backers do the work.
Some Labor mps have been calling on Ms Gillard to resign; arguing she doesn’t have voter support and therefore her position is no longer tenable. It’s unlikely the Prime Minister will voluntarily stand down; instead she’ll likely bring the situation to a head and call a leadership spill as soon as possible.
A ballot next week offers some distance from the Queensland election on March 24th
At this stage the 103 member caucus is split three-ways
One-third in the Rudd camp, another third in the Gillard camp and one-third undecided
EARLIER: Government MPs are starting to take sides as a showdown between Prime Minister Julia Gillard and her old boss Kevin Rudd appears inevitable.
Mr. Rudd declared he was a changed man before jetting off overseas to Mexico amid mounting speculation of a leadership spill within weeks.
The Australian newspaper has done a head count and reckons Ms Gillard has 51 MPs backing her, Mr. Rudd 31 and with another 21 undecided meaning both camps are short of a majority.
Over the weekend, a video leaked on YouTube showing Kevin Rudd swearing during a recording while he was Prime Minister.
Julia Gillard has denied any involvement in the leak, although division within the ALP remains at a fever-pitch.
Neil Mitchell came out with a scathing criticism of the crisis in Canberra this morning, saying 'Australia deserves better.'
Watch and listen below.
PLAY: Barrie Cassidy - host of the ABC's Insiders tells 3AW Breakfast there is a possibility Rudd might've leaked the video himself
VIDEO: Kevin Rudd loses his cool in front of the camera (Channel 7)
Constantly on the go? Want to know what's happening in your world? Let 3AW keep you up to speed with the aid of social facilitator Twitter. News, views and the most interactive Twitter feed in Australian media.
- Neil Mitchell on Twitter
- Derryn Hinch on Twitter
- Ross and John on Twitter
- Brian Taylor on Twitter
- 3AW Football on Twitter
- Tom Elliott on Twitter
- Denis Walter on Twitter
- Darren James on Twitter
- Dwayne Russell on Twitter
- Matt Richo on Twitter
- Yvette Gray on Twitter
- Heidi Murphy on Twitter
- Tony Tardio on Twitter
- Denis O'Kane on Twitter
- Alexandra Factor on Twitter
- Donna Demaio on Twitter
- Justin Smith on Twitter
- Nicole Denton on Twitter
- Shannon Reid on Twitter
- Simon Owens on Twitter
- Seb Costello on Twitter
- David Kramer on Twitter
- Paul Worsteling on Twitter
- Lauren Hilbert on Twitter
- Florencia Cavallo on Twitter
- Shane McInnes on Twitter
- Cushla Travers on Twitter
Why does the Labor Party turn on its self, and self destruct it does nothing to help the people who voted them into power, I am sick and tired of the whole debark-ale.We deserve better, we all look like fools to the rest of the world . Please stop the infighting and Govern this country!!!Sue Thorp Thursday 23 February, 2012 - 11:52 AM
Rudd for PM with Turnbull for Treasurer. That's a team that would satisfy the Australian Electors. Turnbull returns to Labour and runs the country as Treasurer while Rudd runs the world as PM. Go Australia!Michael Thursday 23 February, 2012 - 12:26 AM
Tell us again about work choices garry, what is that story again,how did your boss rip you off??Steve Monday 20 February, 2012 - 8:30 PM
Lame duck Wayne Swann is very very quiet. Wonder what this backstabbing buffoon is up to. As for you Simple Simon Crean, you are living in lah lah land if you honestly think that you will win the next election. Australia does not want you and your rabble. You have too much damage to this country. Morons.Jane Monday 20 February, 2012 - 4:46 PM
We need leadership, full stop. This country has never been so badly governed and the current crop of politians is the worst in living memory. Not even the liberals can provide leadership. It's a travesty and these people are no better than children.One rule for you... Monday 20 February, 2012 - 4:34 PM
Now there is something I actually like about Rudd.Jake Monday 20 February, 2012 - 4:19 PM