- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- Police swarm on Bandidos club in murder investigation
- Council caught dumping waste
- Hughes in critical condition
- Woman swallowed by sinkhole
- Special pup for family's last Christmas
- Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
- Dennis on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... Apparantly Edihad is supplying food and drink to people affected by the fire. I hope they're not charging football prices. more
- Chris on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... With all the media and fire fighters the dock lands population must have doubled last night. more
- Chris on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Any smart person would have put a new seat on $20 at bunnings and when they leave put the broken one back on. more
- Gloria on 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla I had written a cheque yesterday for Yooralla Appeal, will not decide whether to post it or not until investigations are ... more
- andy on Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer good luck more
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
- greg on New-age helmet design I'm sure(NOT) that will prevent motorists from hitting cyclists. It's a dumb idea and the helmet is both hideous and ... more
Australian radio show in hot water over Royal prank
An Australian radio show is in hot water over a prank call to a London hospital which saw a nurse divulge confidential information on the pregnant Duchess’ condition.
During a prank call to King Edward VII Hospital, the announcers from the Today Network’s Hot 30 Countdown, Michael Christian and Mel Greig adopted toffee accents to pose as the Queen and Prince Charles to get an update on Duchess of Cambridge’s condition.
Prince William’s wife Catherine is currently in hospital being treated for acute morning sickness.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Do you think the radio station's prank is funny or embarrassing? Comment below
”She’s sleeping at the moment and she has had an uneventful night, and sleep is good for her,” the nurse told the radio show.
”As we speak, she’s being given some fluids to rehydrate her because she was quite dehydrated when she came in, but she’s stable at the moment.”
LISTEN: Hot 30 Countdown's Prank - Skip to 1:54 to hear call:
The hospital released a statement yesterday saying the incident has sparked a review of their telephone protocol.
"King Edward VII's Hospital Sister Agnes can confirm that an Australian radio station made a hoax call to the hospital in the early hours of Tuesday morning," the statement said.
"This call was transferred through to a ward and a short conversation was held with one of the nursing staff. King Edward VII's Hospital deeply regrets this incident."
John Lofthouse, chief executive at King Edward VII's Hospital, said: "This was a foolish prank call that we all deplore. We take patient confidentiality extremely seriously and we are now reviewing our telephone protocols."
In a statement from the Sydney-based broadcasters, Michael Christian and Mel Greig apologised for their security breach.
"We were very surprised that our call was put through. We thought we'd be hung up on as soon as they heard our terrible accents," they said.
"We're very sorry if we've caused any issues and we're glad to hear that Kate is doing well."
AN EYE FOR AN EYE -- THE PRANKSTERS AND THE OWNERS OF THE RADIO STATION NOW MUST TAKE RESPONSIBILTY FOR THEIR PROFESSIONAL IRRESPONSIBILTY AND OWE THIS FAMILY A LIFE TIME OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT.THAT WILL NEVER REPLACE THE MOTHER OR WIFE BUT WILL AIDE IN THE FAMILY'S IN THE AFTERMATH THEIR THOUGHTLESS SELFISH ACT. THE AUSSIE RADIO STATION, Michael Christian and Mel Greig ARE MURDERERS AND SHOULD BE SUBJECT TO FULL EXTENT OF LEGAL JURISPRUDENCE.NOTE THEY DID BREAK THE LAW THERE WAS NO SIGNED RELEASE ALLOWING THESE TWO CLOWNS FROM USING THE VOICE OR NAME OF THE NURSE --- THERE HAS GOT TO BE A LEGAL EAGLE OUT THERE THAT WILL PURSUE THIS CASE AND AIDE THIS FAMILLY.JAY Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 6:27 AM
it was a bad joke in the first place, now the nurse is dead, and it's still just a bad joke. should people stop making bad jokes? is that why there's uproar? or is it that the nurse is now dead? i don't understand the mock outrage.. or is it just that you are all very sick? how don't you realise you're being told to think this is a horrible event? you just go along with it.. "ok, i agree it was horrible what those murdering radio dj's did". grow up.Kingdom Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 3:32 AM
Go ahead. Humiliate someone and make her the butt of your joke just to amuse yourselves and show the world how shallow really you are. Those at the receiving end are victims. Yes victims, and they get hurt. Have you ever heard of bullying?? This is a classic example. No wonder we can't win the battle against bullying in schools!
Well, the world has two new POSTER CHILDREN FOR BULLYING!Elaine - Ottawa Canada Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 3:47 PM
I am appalled at the thoughtlessness that occurred with this prank. The nurse who has died had a young family, was a worthwhile member of society helping to save lives and nurse people back to health. Not some stupid show on the radio that does not really contribute to society that much. It appears to me that people like your commentators have no sense and in future the format of your programming should be controlled with strict protocols of the line that is not to be crossed.Maureen Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 9:14 AM
wonder if Jeff Kennett, the founding Chairman of beyondblue, is laughing over the stupid prank now....Jacquie Jones Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 8:21 AM
In light of the tragic death of the nurse involved in the hoax phone call perhaps the ramifications may make others think again.
She leaves a husband and 2 children, at christmas !
Really amusing now is it not.Paul Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 6:52 AM