- Man arrested after police chase
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- Blockbuster Easter to kickstart 2015
- Crews mop up Docklands diesel leak
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted This is a most distressing case, but we cannot allow ourselves to get to a point where people are above being questioned. ... more
- Tess on Why Rosie Batty erupted Two parents both love the children equally it's not one parents right to say they love(d) their child more than the other! ... more
- Mandi on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 These shall not be forgotten years.I will never forget that powerful speech an aussie icon laid to rest. more
Australian radio show in hot water over Royal prank
An Australian radio show is in hot water over a prank call to a London hospital which saw a nurse divulge confidential information on the pregnant Duchess’ condition.
During a prank call to King Edward VII Hospital, the announcers from the Today Network’s Hot 30 Countdown, Michael Christian and Mel Greig adopted toffee accents to pose as the Queen and Prince Charles to get an update on Duchess of Cambridge’s condition.
Prince William’s wife Catherine is currently in hospital being treated for acute morning sickness.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Do you think the radio station's prank is funny or embarrassing? Comment below
”She’s sleeping at the moment and she has had an uneventful night, and sleep is good for her,” the nurse told the radio show.
”As we speak, she’s being given some fluids to rehydrate her because she was quite dehydrated when she came in, but she’s stable at the moment.”
LISTEN: Hot 30 Countdown's Prank - Skip to 1:54 to hear call:
The hospital released a statement yesterday saying the incident has sparked a review of their telephone protocol.
"King Edward VII's Hospital Sister Agnes can confirm that an Australian radio station made a hoax call to the hospital in the early hours of Tuesday morning," the statement said.
"This call was transferred through to a ward and a short conversation was held with one of the nursing staff. King Edward VII's Hospital deeply regrets this incident."
John Lofthouse, chief executive at King Edward VII's Hospital, said: "This was a foolish prank call that we all deplore. We take patient confidentiality extremely seriously and we are now reviewing our telephone protocols."
In a statement from the Sydney-based broadcasters, Michael Christian and Mel Greig apologised for their security breach.
"We were very surprised that our call was put through. We thought we'd be hung up on as soon as they heard our terrible accents," they said.
"We're very sorry if we've caused any issues and we're glad to hear that Kate is doing well."
AN EYE FOR AN EYE -- THE PRANKSTERS AND THE OWNERS OF THE RADIO STATION NOW MUST TAKE RESPONSIBILTY FOR THEIR PROFESSIONAL IRRESPONSIBILTY AND OWE THIS FAMILY A LIFE TIME OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT.THAT WILL NEVER REPLACE THE MOTHER OR WIFE BUT WILL AIDE IN THE FAMILY'S IN THE AFTERMATH THEIR THOUGHTLESS SELFISH ACT. THE AUSSIE RADIO STATION, Michael Christian and Mel Greig ARE MURDERERS AND SHOULD BE SUBJECT TO FULL EXTENT OF LEGAL JURISPRUDENCE.NOTE THEY DID BREAK THE LAW THERE WAS NO SIGNED RELEASE ALLOWING THESE TWO CLOWNS FROM USING THE VOICE OR NAME OF THE NURSE --- THERE HAS GOT TO BE A LEGAL EAGLE OUT THERE THAT WILL PURSUE THIS CASE AND AIDE THIS FAMILLY.JAY Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 6:27 AM
it was a bad joke in the first place, now the nurse is dead, and it's still just a bad joke. should people stop making bad jokes? is that why there's uproar? or is it that the nurse is now dead? i don't understand the mock outrage.. or is it just that you are all very sick? how don't you realise you're being told to think this is a horrible event? you just go along with it.. "ok, i agree it was horrible what those murdering radio dj's did". grow up.Kingdom Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 3:32 AM
Go ahead. Humiliate someone and make her the butt of your joke just to amuse yourselves and show the world how shallow really you are. Those at the receiving end are victims. Yes victims, and they get hurt. Have you ever heard of bullying?? This is a classic example. No wonder we can't win the battle against bullying in schools!
Well, the world has two new POSTER CHILDREN FOR BULLYING!Elaine - Ottawa Canada Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 3:47 PM
I am appalled at the thoughtlessness that occurred with this prank. The nurse who has died had a young family, was a worthwhile member of society helping to save lives and nurse people back to health. Not some stupid show on the radio that does not really contribute to society that much. It appears to me that people like your commentators have no sense and in future the format of your programming should be controlled with strict protocols of the line that is not to be crossed.Maureen Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 9:14 AM
wonder if Jeff Kennett, the founding Chairman of beyondblue, is laughing over the stupid prank now....Jacquie Jones Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 8:21 AM
In light of the tragic death of the nurse involved in the hoax phone call perhaps the ramifications may make others think again.
She leaves a husband and 2 children, at christmas !
Really amusing now is it not.Paul Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 6:52 AM