- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- Commonwealth Bank customers can't access money
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Australian radio show in hot water over Royal prank
An Australian radio show is in hot water over a prank call to a London hospital which saw a nurse divulge confidential information on the pregnant Duchess’ condition.
During a prank call to King Edward VII Hospital, the announcers from the Today Network’s Hot 30 Countdown, Michael Christian and Mel Greig adopted toffee accents to pose as the Queen and Prince Charles to get an update on Duchess of Cambridge’s condition.
Prince William’s wife Catherine is currently in hospital being treated for acute morning sickness.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Do you think the radio station's prank is funny or embarrassing? Comment below
”She’s sleeping at the moment and she has had an uneventful night, and sleep is good for her,” the nurse told the radio show.
”As we speak, she’s being given some fluids to rehydrate her because she was quite dehydrated when she came in, but she’s stable at the moment.”
LISTEN: Hot 30 Countdown's Prank - Skip to 1:54 to hear call:
The hospital released a statement yesterday saying the incident has sparked a review of their telephone protocol.
"King Edward VII's Hospital Sister Agnes can confirm that an Australian radio station made a hoax call to the hospital in the early hours of Tuesday morning," the statement said.
"This call was transferred through to a ward and a short conversation was held with one of the nursing staff. King Edward VII's Hospital deeply regrets this incident."
John Lofthouse, chief executive at King Edward VII's Hospital, said: "This was a foolish prank call that we all deplore. We take patient confidentiality extremely seriously and we are now reviewing our telephone protocols."
In a statement from the Sydney-based broadcasters, Michael Christian and Mel Greig apologised for their security breach.
"We were very surprised that our call was put through. We thought we'd be hung up on as soon as they heard our terrible accents," they said.
"We're very sorry if we've caused any issues and we're glad to hear that Kate is doing well."
AN EYE FOR AN EYE -- THE PRANKSTERS AND THE OWNERS OF THE RADIO STATION NOW MUST TAKE RESPONSIBILTY FOR THEIR PROFESSIONAL IRRESPONSIBILTY AND OWE THIS FAMILY A LIFE TIME OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT.THAT WILL NEVER REPLACE THE MOTHER OR WIFE BUT WILL AIDE IN THE FAMILY'S IN THE AFTERMATH THEIR THOUGHTLESS SELFISH ACT. THE AUSSIE RADIO STATION, Michael Christian and Mel Greig ARE MURDERERS AND SHOULD BE SUBJECT TO FULL EXTENT OF LEGAL JURISPRUDENCE.NOTE THEY DID BREAK THE LAW THERE WAS NO SIGNED RELEASE ALLOWING THESE TWO CLOWNS FROM USING THE VOICE OR NAME OF THE NURSE --- THERE HAS GOT TO BE A LEGAL EAGLE OUT THERE THAT WILL PURSUE THIS CASE AND AIDE THIS FAMILLY.JAY Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 6:27 AM
it was a bad joke in the first place, now the nurse is dead, and it's still just a bad joke. should people stop making bad jokes? is that why there's uproar? or is it that the nurse is now dead? i don't understand the mock outrage.. or is it just that you are all very sick? how don't you realise you're being told to think this is a horrible event? you just go along with it.. "ok, i agree it was horrible what those murdering radio dj's did". grow up.Kingdom Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 3:32 AM
Go ahead. Humiliate someone and make her the butt of your joke just to amuse yourselves and show the world how shallow really you are. Those at the receiving end are victims. Yes victims, and they get hurt. Have you ever heard of bullying?? This is a classic example. No wonder we can't win the battle against bullying in schools!
Well, the world has two new POSTER CHILDREN FOR BULLYING!Elaine - Ottawa Canada Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 3:47 PM
I am appalled at the thoughtlessness that occurred with this prank. The nurse who has died had a young family, was a worthwhile member of society helping to save lives and nurse people back to health. Not some stupid show on the radio that does not really contribute to society that much. It appears to me that people like your commentators have no sense and in future the format of your programming should be controlled with strict protocols of the line that is not to be crossed.Maureen Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 9:14 AM
wonder if Jeff Kennett, the founding Chairman of beyondblue, is laughing over the stupid prank now....Jacquie Jones Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 8:21 AM
In light of the tragic death of the nurse involved in the hoax phone call perhaps the ramifications may make others think again.
She leaves a husband and 2 children, at christmas !
Really amusing now is it not.Paul Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 6:52 AM