- Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage girl
- Soccer Match-fixer pleads guilty
- Myki confusion forces closure of Southern Cross info booth
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Reward offered for information on Grandmother's murder
- Western Bulldogs dump cheer squad
- 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': Puneet
- Victoria shivers through coldest December day in seven years
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Simon on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just part of the legacy of Steve Bracks! I miss being able to ride a tram occasionally but its too damn difficult. I hope ... more
- Carole Campisano on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Puneet is only concerned about his own welfare right now,it's all about him.He hasn't considered the poor victim's ... more
- jason on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 A great man who can now rest in peace. As for Mylene, you really are a weird miserable thing. more
- jason on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Another ripper Labor project which was estimated at $400,000 yet turned out to be the world's most expensive ticketing sytem ... more
- Christine on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... I totally agree with Trent's comments. This person has a nerve carrying on about how he thinks he will be treated, when he ... more
- Lukew on Myki confusion forces closure of ... I am not surprised. Myki confusion is reducing the number of people using public transport, especially casual users and ... more
- Gloss on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 You must all know by now that mylene never misses an opportunity to slag off at Tony and the Libs. Yes a true lefty with a ... more
- Steve on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This gutless coward will be treated for what he is a hit and run driver and when there is a fatality he deserves to do time ... more
- Mark on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Oh Mylene - what a cuddly witty little lefty you are. Your lack of decency and judgement knows no boundaries. more
- trent on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... He won't be treated as a terrorist. He'll be treated as what he is - a coward and a reckless, worthless, uncaring killer. more
- Craig on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This man needs to take responsibility and face what he did... more
- JamesD on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Just watched Mitchell's interview with Nelson - have to say I was surprised he was chosen to do it but he performed well more
- William Griffin on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene never let a solemn moment like the death of Nelson Mandela to say something silly. The people have spoken wether we ... more
- William Griffin on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What you do you not get Puneet you pleaded guilty to a crime now you are to be held to account you scream I am be treated ... more
- mylene on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Ironic we hear about the death of guy who united South Africa while Neil 'interviews' the man who's divided Australia. ;) more
- Tim on Having issues streaming 3AW? Have tried your suggestions but still no luck. Have had to swap our Companies on-hold station from 3AW to your rival FM ... more
- Janet Saunders on Having issues streaming 3AW? I am sick of the 3aw dropping out all the time, I changed to chrome, but no better. I think I need to change radio stations, ... more
- Mick on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs Joyce has gone from trimming QANTAS to destroying it. It seems he is hell bent on making it fail. He is ruining one of the ... more
- Peter on Having issues streaming 3AW? Since you have updated the streaming side to 3AW I can no longer listen at work :( I can not change any browser settings as ... more
- Aria Judilla on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs These job cuts are brought to you by Qantas management. The same management who recently begged shareholders for extra money ... more
Australian radio show in hot water over Royal prank
An Australian radio show is in hot water over a prank call to a London hospital which saw a nurse divulge confidential information on the pregnant Duchess’ condition.
During a prank call to King Edward VII Hospital, the announcers from the Today Network’s Hot 30 Countdown, Michael Christian and Mel Greig adopted toffee accents to pose as the Queen and Prince Charles to get an update on Duchess of Cambridge’s condition.
Prince William’s wife Catherine is currently in hospital being treated for acute morning sickness.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Do you think the radio station's prank is funny or embarrassing? Comment below
”She’s sleeping at the moment and she has had an uneventful night, and sleep is good for her,” the nurse told the radio show.
”As we speak, she’s being given some fluids to rehydrate her because she was quite dehydrated when she came in, but she’s stable at the moment.”
LISTEN: Hot 30 Countdown's Prank - Skip to 1:54 to hear call:
The hospital released a statement yesterday saying the incident has sparked a review of their telephone protocol.
"King Edward VII's Hospital Sister Agnes can confirm that an Australian radio station made a hoax call to the hospital in the early hours of Tuesday morning," the statement said.
"This call was transferred through to a ward and a short conversation was held with one of the nursing staff. King Edward VII's Hospital deeply regrets this incident."
John Lofthouse, chief executive at King Edward VII's Hospital, said: "This was a foolish prank call that we all deplore. We take patient confidentiality extremely seriously and we are now reviewing our telephone protocols."
In a statement from the Sydney-based broadcasters, Michael Christian and Mel Greig apologised for their security breach.
"We were very surprised that our call was put through. We thought we'd be hung up on as soon as they heard our terrible accents," they said.
"We're very sorry if we've caused any issues and we're glad to hear that Kate is doing well."
AN EYE FOR AN EYE -- THE PRANKSTERS AND THE OWNERS OF THE RADIO STATION NOW MUST TAKE RESPONSIBILTY FOR THEIR PROFESSIONAL IRRESPONSIBILTY AND OWE THIS FAMILY A LIFE TIME OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT.THAT WILL NEVER REPLACE THE MOTHER OR WIFE BUT WILL AIDE IN THE FAMILY'S IN THE AFTERMATH THEIR THOUGHTLESS SELFISH ACT. THE AUSSIE RADIO STATION, Michael Christian and Mel Greig ARE MURDERERS AND SHOULD BE SUBJECT TO FULL EXTENT OF LEGAL JURISPRUDENCE.NOTE THEY DID BREAK THE LAW THERE WAS NO SIGNED RELEASE ALLOWING THESE TWO CLOWNS FROM USING THE VOICE OR NAME OF THE NURSE --- THERE HAS GOT TO BE A LEGAL EAGLE OUT THERE THAT WILL PURSUE THIS CASE AND AIDE THIS FAMILLY.JAY Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 6:27 AM
it was a bad joke in the first place, now the nurse is dead, and it's still just a bad joke. should people stop making bad jokes? is that why there's uproar? or is it that the nurse is now dead? i don't understand the mock outrage.. or is it just that you are all very sick? how don't you realise you're being told to think this is a horrible event? you just go along with it.. "ok, i agree it was horrible what those murdering radio dj's did". grow up.Kingdom Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 3:32 AM
Go ahead. Humiliate someone and make her the butt of your joke just to amuse yourselves and show the world how shallow really you are. Those at the receiving end are victims. Yes victims, and they get hurt. Have you ever heard of bullying?? This is a classic example. No wonder we can't win the battle against bullying in schools!
Well, the world has two new POSTER CHILDREN FOR BULLYING!Elaine - Ottawa Canada Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 3:47 PM
I am appalled at the thoughtlessness that occurred with this prank. The nurse who has died had a young family, was a worthwhile member of society helping to save lives and nurse people back to health. Not some stupid show on the radio that does not really contribute to society that much. It appears to me that people like your commentators have no sense and in future the format of your programming should be controlled with strict protocols of the line that is not to be crossed.Maureen Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 9:14 AM
wonder if Jeff Kennett, the founding Chairman of beyondblue, is laughing over the stupid prank now....Jacquie Jones Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 8:21 AM
In light of the tragic death of the nurse involved in the hoax phone call perhaps the ramifications may make others think again.
She leaves a husband and 2 children, at christmas !
Really amusing now is it not.Paul Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 6:52 AM