- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- Commonwealth Bank customers can't access money
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Australian tourist raped in New York
IMAGE: The NYPD want to speak with this man
An Australian tourist has been dragged into an alley and raped after leaving an exclusive nightclub in New York City, police say.
The 20-year-old woman was attempting to head back to her hotel when a man grabbed her from behind and dragged her into an alley near the intersection of Madison Avenue and East 58th Street early on Sunday morning.
The woman had been partying at the exclusive Lavo nightclub, a favourite among supermodels and stars such as Leonardo DiCaprio and Gerard Butler, on the night of the attack, according to the New York Post.
The woman left the nightclub about 3.35am and hopped into a taxi, but soon got into an argument with the driver, possibly over the fare.
Police said the woman got out of the taxi and, moments later, her attacker pulled her into a nearby alley.
"The victim ... exited a yellow taxi on East 58 Street, was grabbed from behind, dragged into an alleyway, and sexually assaulted," a New York Police Department spokesman told Fairfax Media.
A resident of the area told CBS that such an attack was rare in the upmarket neighbourhood.
“That's pretty shocking because this is a well maintained neighbourhood and incidents of that nature don't usually happen,” Donald Beldock told CBS.
The woman said she had been drinking that night and could not pinpoint exactly where the attack happened, only that she hopped into the taxi at Lavo, according to CBS.
Police are searching for CCTV footage of the attack to see if the woman was followed from the nightclub.
Her attacker is believed to be aged between 35 and 40 years old, about 187 centimetres tall and weighing about 86 kilograms. At the time of the attack he was wearing a dark skull cap.
The NYPD has released an image of a man they would like to question over the assault.
The Department of Foreign Affairs has been contacted for comment.
MILDURA: Detectives are stepping up their investigations into a frightening sexual assault in a toilet block at Mildura. The attacker is described as Caucasian, about 183cm tall, of a thin build with short dark hair.