- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- Tottenham soccer player di(v)es
- Laverton home goes up in flames
- William and Kate avoid Melbourne on royal tour
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
Australian tourist raped in New York
IMAGE: The NYPD want to speak with this man
An Australian tourist has been dragged into an alley and raped after leaving an exclusive nightclub in New York City, police say.
The 20-year-old woman was attempting to head back to her hotel when a man grabbed her from behind and dragged her into an alley near the intersection of Madison Avenue and East 58th Street early on Sunday morning.
The woman had been partying at the exclusive Lavo nightclub, a favourite among supermodels and stars such as Leonardo DiCaprio and Gerard Butler, on the night of the attack, according to the New York Post.
The woman left the nightclub about 3.35am and hopped into a taxi, but soon got into an argument with the driver, possibly over the fare.
Police said the woman got out of the taxi and, moments later, her attacker pulled her into a nearby alley.
"The victim ... exited a yellow taxi on East 58 Street, was grabbed from behind, dragged into an alleyway, and sexually assaulted," a New York Police Department spokesman told Fairfax Media.
A resident of the area told CBS that such an attack was rare in the upmarket neighbourhood.
“That's pretty shocking because this is a well maintained neighbourhood and incidents of that nature don't usually happen,” Donald Beldock told CBS.
The woman said she had been drinking that night and could not pinpoint exactly where the attack happened, only that she hopped into the taxi at Lavo, according to CBS.
Police are searching for CCTV footage of the attack to see if the woman was followed from the nightclub.
Her attacker is believed to be aged between 35 and 40 years old, about 187 centimetres tall and weighing about 86 kilograms. At the time of the attack he was wearing a dark skull cap.
The NYPD has released an image of a man they would like to question over the assault.
The Department of Foreign Affairs has been contacted for comment.
MILDURA: Detectives are stepping up their investigations into a frightening sexual assault in a toilet block at Mildura. The attacker is described as Caucasian, about 183cm tall, of a thin build with short dark hair.