- Luke wasn't scared of his father
- 'We've got to get through to these irresponsible thugs'
- Wildlife sanctuary saved
- Salvos attacked by ice users
- Masters of their craft
- Man found dead in old nursing home
- Teachers, students to protest together
- Parliamentary 'porn ring'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Phil on Teachers, students to protest together Its amazing the schools are encouraging their students to protest against 'children in the detention' but can't offer a ... more
- Bernadette on Teachers, students to protest together Catholic Teachings regarding Social Justice are very clearly set out, that ALL people regardless of who they are should at ... more
- Parent on Teachers, students to protest together A fantastic opportunity for young men to analyse & discuss the abhorrent detention of children who have a strong likelihood ... more
- Jack on Teachers, students to protest together I'm a student at st Bernard's college. Yesterday as protest was one that was derived from our colleges faith as Christians, ... more
- Turn it up on Teachers, students to protest together To everyone here commenting that this is disgusting and wrong and the students did not have a decision in the matter, Turn ... more
- Lina johns on Teachers, students to protest together Nice to see that we have young people in our community who have a heart and truly believe in humanity (children should not ... more
- Michael on Teachers, students to protest together I was a student at St Bernards.I couldn't be more proud. Well done boys and well done Tony. All you people having a whinge ... more
- Pedro on Teachers, students to protest together As a parent of a former 2014 St Bernard's College student, I congratulate Mr Paatsch on taking this leadership for the young ... more
- Sue on Teachers, students to protest together Disgusting that school teachers are allowed to infect our children with their views. more
- IBARKER on Teachers, students to protest together There is only one person that should their mouths and hands taped,that should be the TEACHER. more
- Flash on Teachers, students to protest together Brain washing, and the media doesn't. For your information and if you read the articles. Its completely option. I love ... more
- student on Teachers, students to protest together I am a student of the school in question and I can confidently say most of the opinions presented on this site are ... more
- jenny on Teachers, students to protest together when I was a kid at school my opinion was neither asked for or even valued. the issue of children in detention is so ... more
- Gloria on Teachers, students to protest together So typical of Catholic teaching, brainwash kids whilst they're young! more
- damien O'Neil on Teachers, students to protest together This bloke woukld have to be a member of the greens?? Doesn't have a clue and he is charge of teaching 1,400 students. God ... more
- Sarah on Teachers, students to protest together My son attends the school, we have had NO information, permission forms etc sent home, that said he want be going...doesn't ... more
- brad on Teachers, students to protest together You are all oblivious to the actual meaning of this protest. It is about social justice and simply not about politicising ... more
- Gazza on Teachers, students to protest together I would prefer if they were protesting against cuts to education and WORKCHOICES. more
- Elli on Teachers, students to protest together Peggy, you must not have been near a school for a while. Politics is most definitely a subject (a stand alone subject)in ... more
- Marko on Teachers, students to protest together If I had a child in St.Bernard's I'd be looking for a new school. Tony Paatsch is using his position to push his political ... more
Australian tourist raped in New York
IMAGE: The NYPD want to speak with this man
An Australian tourist has been dragged into an alley and raped after leaving an exclusive nightclub in New York City, police say.
The 20-year-old woman was attempting to head back to her hotel when a man grabbed her from behind and dragged her into an alley near the intersection of Madison Avenue and East 58th Street early on Sunday morning.
The woman had been partying at the exclusive Lavo nightclub, a favourite among supermodels and stars such as Leonardo DiCaprio and Gerard Butler, on the night of the attack, according to the New York Post.
The woman left the nightclub about 3.35am and hopped into a taxi, but soon got into an argument with the driver, possibly over the fare.
Police said the woman got out of the taxi and, moments later, her attacker pulled her into a nearby alley.
"The victim ... exited a yellow taxi on East 58 Street, was grabbed from behind, dragged into an alleyway, and sexually assaulted," a New York Police Department spokesman told Fairfax Media.
A resident of the area told CBS that such an attack was rare in the upmarket neighbourhood.
“That's pretty shocking because this is a well maintained neighbourhood and incidents of that nature don't usually happen,” Donald Beldock told CBS.
The woman said she had been drinking that night and could not pinpoint exactly where the attack happened, only that she hopped into the taxi at Lavo, according to CBS.
Police are searching for CCTV footage of the attack to see if the woman was followed from the nightclub.
Her attacker is believed to be aged between 35 and 40 years old, about 187 centimetres tall and weighing about 86 kilograms. At the time of the attack he was wearing a dark skull cap.
The NYPD has released an image of a man they would like to question over the assault.
The Department of Foreign Affairs has been contacted for comment.
MILDURA: Detectives are stepping up their investigations into a frightening sexual assault in a toilet block at Mildura. The attacker is described as Caucasian, about 183cm tall, of a thin build with short dark hair.