- 'Heads must roll, or the voters will roll you'
- On the road with Patty the poet cabbie
- Marathon hero, hamburger lover
- Peter Slipper found guilty
- Demons sign Paul Roos for another year
- Seal swims to South Yarra
- Police investigate football leg break
- Umpire reverses match-winning goal for 'faked' injury
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
Axed workers train Indian replacements
Sacked Telstra staff are being forced to train the Indian help-desk operators who'll replace them.
More than 250 local staff have gone in the latest round of staff cuts which have totalled more than 2,000 in recent years.
Operators from an Indian outsourcing company are already in Melbourne being trained.
Len Cooper from the Telecommunciations Union says staff were instructed by the union not to co-operate but Telstra found a way around it.
PLAY: The union details what's happening to Neil Mitchell
ANZ Bank is to cut about 900 jobs as the company shrinks its Australian workforce to adjust to weak demand for financial services. Read more here and listen to Neil Mitchell's editorial by clicking on the image of the ANZ logo on the right.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Here here Allan Hall. I too would love a public list of companies that use offshore call centres so that I could boycott them.Kathryn Tuesday 14 February, 2012 - 6:50 PM
... "still votes for Labor, they ceased to represent the working people of this country decades ago, about time we got rid of the useless bunch of corrupt lying fools"
Mmmmm I seem to recall one J Howard/LNP who promised never ever GST and whose progressive IR law reforms decimated the Australian workforce and didnt employers lap it up and wield their power.
People need to realise that any Government elected to office in this country (like any other country) couldnt give a toss about its people.Back in the good old days the economic system in Australia worked for everyone in a way that it will never work again. Poor and working class people had the opportunity to work their way up if they wanted, and that's just not always an option today no matter which political party gets into office.To paraphrase,"most decisions made in the banking and corporate boardrooms favour the 1% while the rest of the 99% are paying the cost".citygirl Tuesday 14 February, 2012 - 5:50 PM
Is Jan like the serial Liberal pest on this site - an opinion on everything but no balance!Craig in Ballarat Tuesday 14 February, 2012 - 5:06 PM
These workers will all have to wait 13wks to receive welfare if they are eligible at all while the imports are all getting money for nothing. We are nothing more than a nuisance to the Govt and Industry.Rob Tuesday 14 February, 2012 - 4:50 PM
Wow Peggy that's disgraceful, it is about time our pathetic federal government did something about protecting jobs in Australia, it's in the pollies interest how will they get their big fat pensions for life if there are no workers left to pay the taxes for them. What is going to happen when our mineral resources finally run dry?
Although I guess, the bludgers in power up in Canberra do not give a crap about the average worker in this country, I do not understand how any who works for a weekly wage still votes for Labor, they ceased to represent the working people of this country decades ago, about time we got rid of the useless bunch of corrupt lying foolsJan Tuesday 14 February, 2012 - 12:37 PM
Jan, I would too if it were tat simple. They ALL do it, even Dodo.
I know that Optus, Telstra, TPG and Dodo do it because it was shown on a current affair program so which one can we chose? I would gladly switch to the one using our people. They are all based in the Philippines. It was shown that they were trained in India so even India is now charging too much. When they can pay an employee @2000 a year they will not consider Australia. Unfortunately these sacked employees most likely have mortgages with these banks.Peggy Tuesday 14 February, 2012 - 11:08 AM