- VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick Samantha
- 'He was a precocious talent'
- Phillip Hughes dead at 25
- 'Like winning the lotto': A win for heartbroken wife
- 'Parliament is not a pub'
- Woman hit, man flees on foot, Blackburn Rd closed
- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Geoff on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... With society up to its boots in politics and living in its own little world, this is what is really important. While we ... more
- Jennifer Williams on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I think that puppy knows she is there for a very special reason. Four tissues later and I'm still going. Such a sad story, ... more
- LisaJ on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Well done Neil and 3AW. Such a nice story after yesterdays news. more
- Helen on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... I'm sure Pixie will bring a lot of joy to Samantha, Ashley and the family at this difficult time for them all.Kind thoughts ... more
- andy on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... hope young pixie gives samantha a distaction from the other things going onthe 3 aw community has restored my faith in ... more
- carol on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Driving while crying! kept looking across to see if I was not the only one, then a guy rang in and said he was doing exactly ... more
- paul on VIDEO: Pixie the pup surprises sick ... Hi Neil I've just watched the video of pixie being delivered. I have tears rolling you are a legend!!! Christmas WISHES to ... more
- Heather on Phillip Hughes dead at 25 May the clouds wrap him in a blanket of love and the moon kiss him goodnight! Rest in peace young man! Much love to his ... more
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
Axed workers train Indian replacements
Sacked Telstra staff are being forced to train the Indian help-desk operators who'll replace them.
More than 250 local staff have gone in the latest round of staff cuts which have totalled more than 2,000 in recent years.
Operators from an Indian outsourcing company are already in Melbourne being trained.
Len Cooper from the Telecommunciations Union says staff were instructed by the union not to co-operate but Telstra found a way around it.
PLAY: The union details what's happening to Neil Mitchell
ANZ Bank is to cut about 900 jobs as the company shrinks its Australian workforce to adjust to weak demand for financial services. Read more here and listen to Neil Mitchell's editorial by clicking on the image of the ANZ logo on the right.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Here here Allan Hall. I too would love a public list of companies that use offshore call centres so that I could boycott them.Kathryn Tuesday 14 February, 2012 - 6:50 PM
... "still votes for Labor, they ceased to represent the working people of this country decades ago, about time we got rid of the useless bunch of corrupt lying fools"
Mmmmm I seem to recall one J Howard/LNP who promised never ever GST and whose progressive IR law reforms decimated the Australian workforce and didnt employers lap it up and wield their power.
People need to realise that any Government elected to office in this country (like any other country) couldnt give a toss about its people.Back in the good old days the economic system in Australia worked for everyone in a way that it will never work again. Poor and working class people had the opportunity to work their way up if they wanted, and that's just not always an option today no matter which political party gets into office.To paraphrase,"most decisions made in the banking and corporate boardrooms favour the 1% while the rest of the 99% are paying the cost".citygirl Tuesday 14 February, 2012 - 5:50 PM
Is Jan like the serial Liberal pest on this site - an opinion on everything but no balance!Craig in Ballarat Tuesday 14 February, 2012 - 5:06 PM
These workers will all have to wait 13wks to receive welfare if they are eligible at all while the imports are all getting money for nothing. We are nothing more than a nuisance to the Govt and Industry.Rob Tuesday 14 February, 2012 - 4:50 PM
Wow Peggy that's disgraceful, it is about time our pathetic federal government did something about protecting jobs in Australia, it's in the pollies interest how will they get their big fat pensions for life if there are no workers left to pay the taxes for them. What is going to happen when our mineral resources finally run dry?
Although I guess, the bludgers in power up in Canberra do not give a crap about the average worker in this country, I do not understand how any who works for a weekly wage still votes for Labor, they ceased to represent the working people of this country decades ago, about time we got rid of the useless bunch of corrupt lying foolsJan Tuesday 14 February, 2012 - 12:37 PM
Jan, I would too if it were tat simple. They ALL do it, even Dodo.
I know that Optus, Telstra, TPG and Dodo do it because it was shown on a current affair program so which one can we chose? I would gladly switch to the one using our people. They are all based in the Philippines. It was shown that they were trained in India so even India is now charging too much. When they can pay an employee @2000 a year they will not consider Australia. Unfortunately these sacked employees most likely have mortgages with these banks.Peggy Tuesday 14 February, 2012 - 11:08 AM