- Bargain Bun Ta with Ela Carte
- No deal: Ambo pay dispute blows up
- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Bad polls don't deter the PM
Prime Minister Julia Gillard maintains she'll lead Labor to the next federal election despite another two bad opinion polls.
The Nielsen survey shows the Government has marginally improved its primary vote but after preferences the Coalition would win in a landslide.
A separate Galaxy Poll shows similar results.
Ms Gillard says she doesn't take notice of the polls, arguing Labor is making the hard decisions in the nation's interest.
Meanwhile, the Prime Minister is heading back to Canberra on Monday afternoon to address her most senior colleagues following a damaging media leak.
It's been revealed Cabinet discussed re-opening the Nauru detention facility to try to neutralise the asylum seeker issue.
The leaked suggestion, believed to have been put forward by members of Labor's right faction, was flatly rejected.
Speaking from Brisbane where she's announced flood reconstruction funding the Prime Minister told the ABC Cabinet discussions should be respected.
PLAY: Shepparton mayor on the Gillard Government making no contact with his Shire over migration policy and Neil Mitchell comparing the Gillard Government to the last days of the Kirner state government.
REPLAY: The Greens are proposing a compromise to break the pokie reform deadlock threatening to bring down the Gillard government. Green Senator Richard Di Natale suggests "a low intensity" approach which includes a $20 dollar limit per machine.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Garry,I don't get your point, how did that happen?And that's why we have unions,it was your employer that was ripping you off not Howard or Costello>!!Steve Tuesday 18 October, 2011 - 2:05 PM
Garry, take us through how you lost 40K then got back 42K when Labor came back in. You keep banging on about it - how about sharing it with us. Will be fascinating reading.JR Tuesday 18 October, 2011 - 11:40 AM
If the Labor party now see Nauru as an option, why don't they just run with it? The longer they stuff around, the more boats that arrive, another three so far this week. They must act now. Gillard needs to but out and let Bowen get on with it.Ross Tuesday 18 October, 2011 - 10:47 AM
Hey Max, I'm with you. Get rid of any polly not born in this country,and I'll bet the boat people problem would be fixed before lunch. Too many 'un-Australian' people in public positions at the moment.Greg Tuesday 18 October, 2011 - 10:38 AM
Yes I have often wondered the same thing Max, why can you become P.M. if you are an ethnic or migrant or whatever they call themselves?Pru Tuesday 18 October, 2011 - 8:34 AM
The scandalous rotten mess she has made is patently there for all to see. A rank incompetent and proven failure in every way. Time to go Madame! But allow us to do it at the ballot box asap!Justin Tuesday 18 October, 2011 - 7:41 AM