- Abbott softens talk on Russia
- Australian to face charges over Commonwealth Games village fight
- Drive-by shooting in Springvale South
- Carlton player Simon White charged by police
- Social media trails show ISIS link to Melbourne schools
- Ross and John in Glasgow: Heritage Day
- Robert Doyle: 'It's a mess, a gigantic error'
- Sex attacker assaults girl, 16
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on On the road with Patty the poet cabbie Pat Mullaney now thats a good scots name??? more
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
Baillieu threatens teachers with court action
Teachers are being warned they could be taken to court by the state government, if they don’t cancel next month's planned industrial action.
The Australian Education Union President Meredith Peace says they received the legal documents late last night, and are getting professional advice on their position.
“They’re basically saying that they’ll take us to the Federal Court over our industrial action and our protected action if we don’t remove certain items from our log of claims,” Ms Peace said.
“They’ve had our log of claims for two years. Why are they now presenting us with a letter that complains about certain aspects of that log of claims?”
Late last year the union announced plans to hold a twenty-four hour strike in February, as well as a ban on working more than thirty-eight hours a week.
Shadow Education Minister Steve Herbert said the Baillieu Government has been too slow in dealing with the matter.
“The minister must have been asleep for the last two months. The teachers union were absolutely clear at the end of last year,” Mr Herbert said.
“If they were genuine that their only response to the teachers’ new position was to take them to court, then why didn’t they do it back in December?
Ms Peace said they were most frustrated by the lack of communication from government ministers.
“Premier Baillieu needs to come back to the negotiating table in good faith and offer us a fair and reasonable deal and we can resolve this dispute,” she said.
“We are not going to resolve it through the courts.”
The government has yet to respond to calls from 3AW.
MAGISTRATE CHARGED: Police have charged a magistrate with sexual assault offences. Sergeant Jessica Rosewarne told Fairfax Media on Thursday afternoon that a 55-year-old man from Brighton had been charged with sexual assault offences.
If the education department could come forth with the amount of failure rates in secondary schools that being yr 10 to 11 bracket then most teachers should quit winging and think themselves lucky they are employed because in reality these up and coming students are failing because of the rubbish teachers are forcing upon them and its a rort and a cover up. They only care about their pay packet not the students that's obvious.black rat Monday 21 January, 2013 - 8:24 AM
Baillieu = Nazi ?
Yeah I think so,
he knows it
and so do all the scum who support his dictatorshipJames Sunday 20 January, 2013 - 4:41 PM
How dare the government not pay more than $480.00 A DAY! I have to oversee 90 primary school age children. I don't teach anymore,Ijust have my teachers project my teaching and social school philosophies. I just sit in my office and make sure my receptionist does my communication PR work properly and promptly. I don't have to worry bout funding matters because the school boared does that and the parents working body looks after the school maintenence.Oh that's right, I do have to attend the odd educational seminar/meeting from time to time, damm! Shool security? Not even Mother Terese can access school grounds, so no problems there! No mad gunmen either! Thankyou Johnny Howard. As you can see, I really do earn my pay.lee Sunday 20 January, 2013 - 12:15 PM
You are nothing but a bully Baillieu, just deliver on your election promise and get on with itMark Saturday 19 January, 2013 - 12:07 PM
Teachers appear to me to be too left wing and need to be brought under control! Long, long overdue. A firm discipline regimen needs to be installed in their profession and a parallel disciplinary system installed for the handling of recalcitrant damned kids - the me, me brigade.Bill Abrahams Saturday 19 January, 2013 - 9:05 AM
Let the teachers do a month of disabilty work then they'll see what underpaid, underappreciated & overworked IS!!!janelle Friday 18 January, 2013 - 11:19 PM