- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Police hunt man after lift assault
- Teens injured in Western Ring Road drag racing flip
- James Hird nominates Patrick Smith
- I found the experience so deeply unsettling
- 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives'
- $400k fire at iconic St Kilda restaurant
- $350k gone in brazen copper heist
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Going after Greens voters.. Their evil twin the Greens won't be to impressed with that more
- Ross on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' "Process", "Process", "Process". Davis is a broken record. I'm a Paramedic, and if I had a dollar for every time he's called ... more
- Gloria on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' Danny Boy Andrews, how to win friends and influence people, bring in a drug law that can be rorted by druggies and ... more
- Peggy on 'No doubt medical cannabis saves lives' What a situation we are going to be in at the next election. If we want to do the right thing and have this approved and ... more
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
Baillieu threatens teachers with court action
Teachers are being warned they could be taken to court by the state government, if they don’t cancel next month's planned industrial action.
The Australian Education Union President Meredith Peace says they received the legal documents late last night, and are getting professional advice on their position.
“They’re basically saying that they’ll take us to the Federal Court over our industrial action and our protected action if we don’t remove certain items from our log of claims,” Ms Peace said.
“They’ve had our log of claims for two years. Why are they now presenting us with a letter that complains about certain aspects of that log of claims?”
Late last year the union announced plans to hold a twenty-four hour strike in February, as well as a ban on working more than thirty-eight hours a week.
Shadow Education Minister Steve Herbert said the Baillieu Government has been too slow in dealing with the matter.
“The minister must have been asleep for the last two months. The teachers union were absolutely clear at the end of last year,” Mr Herbert said.
“If they were genuine that their only response to the teachers’ new position was to take them to court, then why didn’t they do it back in December?
Ms Peace said they were most frustrated by the lack of communication from government ministers.
“Premier Baillieu needs to come back to the negotiating table in good faith and offer us a fair and reasonable deal and we can resolve this dispute,” she said.
“We are not going to resolve it through the courts.”
The government has yet to respond to calls from 3AW.
MAGISTRATE CHARGED: Police have charged a magistrate with sexual assault offences. Sergeant Jessica Rosewarne told Fairfax Media on Thursday afternoon that a 55-year-old man from Brighton had been charged with sexual assault offences.
If the education department could come forth with the amount of failure rates in secondary schools that being yr 10 to 11 bracket then most teachers should quit winging and think themselves lucky they are employed because in reality these up and coming students are failing because of the rubbish teachers are forcing upon them and its a rort and a cover up. They only care about their pay packet not the students that's obvious.black rat Monday 21 January, 2013 - 8:24 AM
Baillieu = Nazi ?
Yeah I think so,
he knows it
and so do all the scum who support his dictatorshipJames Sunday 20 January, 2013 - 4:41 PM
How dare the government not pay more than $480.00 A DAY! I have to oversee 90 primary school age children. I don't teach anymore,Ijust have my teachers project my teaching and social school philosophies. I just sit in my office and make sure my receptionist does my communication PR work properly and promptly. I don't have to worry bout funding matters because the school boared does that and the parents working body looks after the school maintenence.Oh that's right, I do have to attend the odd educational seminar/meeting from time to time, damm! Shool security? Not even Mother Terese can access school grounds, so no problems there! No mad gunmen either! Thankyou Johnny Howard. As you can see, I really do earn my pay.lee Sunday 20 January, 2013 - 12:15 PM
You are nothing but a bully Baillieu, just deliver on your election promise and get on with itMark Saturday 19 January, 2013 - 12:07 PM
Teachers appear to me to be too left wing and need to be brought under control! Long, long overdue. A firm discipline regimen needs to be installed in their profession and a parallel disciplinary system installed for the handling of recalcitrant damned kids - the me, me brigade.Bill Abrahams Saturday 19 January, 2013 - 9:05 AM
Let the teachers do a month of disabilty work then they'll see what underpaid, underappreciated & overworked IS!!!janelle Friday 18 January, 2013 - 11:19 PM