- Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage girl
- Soccer Match-fixer pleads guilty
- Myki confusion forces closure of Southern Cross info booth
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Reward offered for information on Grandmother's murder
- Western Bulldogs dump cheer squad
- 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': Puneet
- Victoria shivers through coldest December day in seven years
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Simon on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just part of the legacy of Steve Bracks! I miss being able to ride a tram occasionally but its too damn difficult. I hope ... more
- Carole Campisano on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Puneet is only concerned about his own welfare right now,it's all about him.He hasn't considered the poor victim's ... more
- jason on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 A great man who can now rest in peace. As for Mylene, you really are a weird miserable thing. more
- jason on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Another ripper Labor project which was estimated at $400,000 yet turned out to be the world's most expensive ticketing sytem ... more
- Christine on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... I totally agree with Trent's comments. This person has a nerve carrying on about how he thinks he will be treated, when he ... more
- Lukew on Myki confusion forces closure of ... I am not surprised. Myki confusion is reducing the number of people using public transport, especially casual users and ... more
- Gloss on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 You must all know by now that mylene never misses an opportunity to slag off at Tony and the Libs. Yes a true lefty with a ... more
- Steve on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This gutless coward will be treated for what he is a hit and run driver and when there is a fatality he deserves to do time ... more
- Mark on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Oh Mylene - what a cuddly witty little lefty you are. Your lack of decency and judgement knows no boundaries. more
- trent on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... He won't be treated as a terrorist. He'll be treated as what he is - a coward and a reckless, worthless, uncaring killer. more
- Craig on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This man needs to take responsibility and face what he did... more
- JamesD on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Just watched Mitchell's interview with Nelson - have to say I was surprised he was chosen to do it but he performed well more
- William Griffin on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene never let a solemn moment like the death of Nelson Mandela to say something silly. The people have spoken wether we ... more
- William Griffin on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What you do you not get Puneet you pleaded guilty to a crime now you are to be held to account you scream I am be treated ... more
- mylene on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Ironic we hear about the death of guy who united South Africa while Neil 'interviews' the man who's divided Australia. ;) more
- Tim on Having issues streaming 3AW? Have tried your suggestions but still no luck. Have had to swap our Companies on-hold station from 3AW to your rival FM ... more
- Janet Saunders on Having issues streaming 3AW? I am sick of the 3aw dropping out all the time, I changed to chrome, but no better. I think I need to change radio stations, ... more
- Mick on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs Joyce has gone from trimming QANTAS to destroying it. It seems he is hell bent on making it fail. He is ruining one of the ... more
- Peter on Having issues streaming 3AW? Since you have updated the streaming side to 3AW I can no longer listen at work :( I can not change any browser settings as ... more
- Aria Judilla on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs These job cuts are brought to you by Qantas management. The same management who recently begged shareholders for extra money ... more
Baillieu threatens teachers with court action
Teachers are being warned they could be taken to court by the state government, if they don’t cancel next month's planned industrial action.
The Australian Education Union President Meredith Peace says they received the legal documents late last night, and are getting professional advice on their position.
“They’re basically saying that they’ll take us to the Federal Court over our industrial action and our protected action if we don’t remove certain items from our log of claims,” Ms Peace said.
“They’ve had our log of claims for two years. Why are they now presenting us with a letter that complains about certain aspects of that log of claims?”
Late last year the union announced plans to hold a twenty-four hour strike in February, as well as a ban on working more than thirty-eight hours a week.
Shadow Education Minister Steve Herbert said the Baillieu Government has been too slow in dealing with the matter.
“The minister must have been asleep for the last two months. The teachers union were absolutely clear at the end of last year,” Mr Herbert said.
“If they were genuine that their only response to the teachers’ new position was to take them to court, then why didn’t they do it back in December?
Ms Peace said they were most frustrated by the lack of communication from government ministers.
“Premier Baillieu needs to come back to the negotiating table in good faith and offer us a fair and reasonable deal and we can resolve this dispute,” she said.
“We are not going to resolve it through the courts.”
The government has yet to respond to calls from 3AW.
MAGISTRATE CHARGED: Police have charged a magistrate with sexual assault offences. Sergeant Jessica Rosewarne told Fairfax Media on Thursday afternoon that a 55-year-old man from Brighton had been charged with sexual assault offences.
If the education department could come forth with the amount of failure rates in secondary schools that being yr 10 to 11 bracket then most teachers should quit winging and think themselves lucky they are employed because in reality these up and coming students are failing because of the rubbish teachers are forcing upon them and its a rort and a cover up. They only care about their pay packet not the students that's obvious.black rat Monday 21 January, 2013 - 8:24 AM
Baillieu = Nazi ?
Yeah I think so,
he knows it
and so do all the scum who support his dictatorshipJames Sunday 20 January, 2013 - 4:41 PM
How dare the government not pay more than $480.00 A DAY! I have to oversee 90 primary school age children. I don't teach anymore,Ijust have my teachers project my teaching and social school philosophies. I just sit in my office and make sure my receptionist does my communication PR work properly and promptly. I don't have to worry bout funding matters because the school boared does that and the parents working body looks after the school maintenence.Oh that's right, I do have to attend the odd educational seminar/meeting from time to time, damm! Shool security? Not even Mother Terese can access school grounds, so no problems there! No mad gunmen either! Thankyou Johnny Howard. As you can see, I really do earn my pay.lee Sunday 20 January, 2013 - 12:15 PM
You are nothing but a bully Baillieu, just deliver on your election promise and get on with itMark Saturday 19 January, 2013 - 12:07 PM
Teachers appear to me to be too left wing and need to be brought under control! Long, long overdue. A firm discipline regimen needs to be installed in their profession and a parallel disciplinary system installed for the handling of recalcitrant damned kids - the me, me brigade.Bill Abrahams Saturday 19 January, 2013 - 9:05 AM
Let the teachers do a month of disabilty work then they'll see what underpaid, underappreciated & overworked IS!!!janelle Friday 18 January, 2013 - 11:19 PM