- Bargain Bun Ta with Ela Carte
- No deal: Ambo pay dispute blows up
- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Baillieu threatens teachers with court action
Teachers are being warned they could be taken to court by the state government, if they don’t cancel next month's planned industrial action.
The Australian Education Union President Meredith Peace says they received the legal documents late last night, and are getting professional advice on their position.
“They’re basically saying that they’ll take us to the Federal Court over our industrial action and our protected action if we don’t remove certain items from our log of claims,” Ms Peace said.
“They’ve had our log of claims for two years. Why are they now presenting us with a letter that complains about certain aspects of that log of claims?”
Late last year the union announced plans to hold a twenty-four hour strike in February, as well as a ban on working more than thirty-eight hours a week.
Shadow Education Minister Steve Herbert said the Baillieu Government has been too slow in dealing with the matter.
“The minister must have been asleep for the last two months. The teachers union were absolutely clear at the end of last year,” Mr Herbert said.
“If they were genuine that their only response to the teachers’ new position was to take them to court, then why didn’t they do it back in December?
Ms Peace said they were most frustrated by the lack of communication from government ministers.
“Premier Baillieu needs to come back to the negotiating table in good faith and offer us a fair and reasonable deal and we can resolve this dispute,” she said.
“We are not going to resolve it through the courts.”
The government has yet to respond to calls from 3AW.
MAGISTRATE CHARGED: Police have charged a magistrate with sexual assault offences. Sergeant Jessica Rosewarne told Fairfax Media on Thursday afternoon that a 55-year-old man from Brighton had been charged with sexual assault offences.
If the education department could come forth with the amount of failure rates in secondary schools that being yr 10 to 11 bracket then most teachers should quit winging and think themselves lucky they are employed because in reality these up and coming students are failing because of the rubbish teachers are forcing upon them and its a rort and a cover up. They only care about their pay packet not the students that's obvious.black rat Monday 21 January, 2013 - 8:24 AM
Baillieu = Nazi ?
Yeah I think so,
he knows it
and so do all the scum who support his dictatorshipJames Sunday 20 January, 2013 - 4:41 PM
How dare the government not pay more than $480.00 A DAY! I have to oversee 90 primary school age children. I don't teach anymore,Ijust have my teachers project my teaching and social school philosophies. I just sit in my office and make sure my receptionist does my communication PR work properly and promptly. I don't have to worry bout funding matters because the school boared does that and the parents working body looks after the school maintenence.Oh that's right, I do have to attend the odd educational seminar/meeting from time to time, damm! Shool security? Not even Mother Terese can access school grounds, so no problems there! No mad gunmen either! Thankyou Johnny Howard. As you can see, I really do earn my pay.lee Sunday 20 January, 2013 - 12:15 PM
You are nothing but a bully Baillieu, just deliver on your election promise and get on with itMark Saturday 19 January, 2013 - 12:07 PM
Teachers appear to me to be too left wing and need to be brought under control! Long, long overdue. A firm discipline regimen needs to be installed in their profession and a parallel disciplinary system installed for the handling of recalcitrant damned kids - the me, me brigade.Bill Abrahams Saturday 19 January, 2013 - 9:05 AM
Let the teachers do a month of disabilty work then they'll see what underpaid, underappreciated & overworked IS!!!janelle Friday 18 January, 2013 - 11:19 PM