- ASADA's joint investigation was 'lawful'
- Terror raids: Sydney man charged over terrorism plot
- Attempted tobacco smuggling ring busted in Port Melbourne
- RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard thief checking in for 'other matters' at police station
- McCartney responds to rift rumours
- Carlton tram creep touching women passengers
- Teen attacked along Dandenong Creek
- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Willow on ASADA's joint investigation was 'lawful' About time, justice at last. A lesson to players for the future, do not take part in experiments just because your Club and ... more
- Aria Judillaa on ASADA's joint investigation was 'lawful' Sorry Hird, but when people start challenging the validity of an investigation it's pretty obvious they have something to ... more
- Iain on ASADA's joint investigation was 'lawful' I wonder if Essendon get it know..Justice Middleton is well respected and agrees they have a case to answer. Essendon: take ... more
- Stephen on ASADA's joint investigation was 'lawful' Time to move on and draw a line under this by all sides. The evidence is not there or this would have been put to bed by ... more
- IBARKER on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Great result for the Person that had his Boards Stolen. more
- RFor on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... LOVE IT !!!Like the other one a few weeks ago- Pollys Questn. Suspect, he says no not me, shows his brothers I.D. - Pollys ... more
- Jodie O'Donovan on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Sounds like the bloke who robbed my house while I was across the road at work, watching him. My husband ran to the house to ... more
- David T. on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... This is one thief who is totally unsuited to his chosen career. more
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
Baillieu threatens teachers with court action
Teachers are being warned they could be taken to court by the state government, if they don’t cancel next month's planned industrial action.
The Australian Education Union President Meredith Peace says they received the legal documents late last night, and are getting professional advice on their position.
“They’re basically saying that they’ll take us to the Federal Court over our industrial action and our protected action if we don’t remove certain items from our log of claims,” Ms Peace said.
“They’ve had our log of claims for two years. Why are they now presenting us with a letter that complains about certain aspects of that log of claims?”
Late last year the union announced plans to hold a twenty-four hour strike in February, as well as a ban on working more than thirty-eight hours a week.
Shadow Education Minister Steve Herbert said the Baillieu Government has been too slow in dealing with the matter.
“The minister must have been asleep for the last two months. The teachers union were absolutely clear at the end of last year,” Mr Herbert said.
“If they were genuine that their only response to the teachers’ new position was to take them to court, then why didn’t they do it back in December?
Ms Peace said they were most frustrated by the lack of communication from government ministers.
“Premier Baillieu needs to come back to the negotiating table in good faith and offer us a fair and reasonable deal and we can resolve this dispute,” she said.
“We are not going to resolve it through the courts.”
The government has yet to respond to calls from 3AW.
MAGISTRATE CHARGED: Police have charged a magistrate with sexual assault offences. Sergeant Jessica Rosewarne told Fairfax Media on Thursday afternoon that a 55-year-old man from Brighton had been charged with sexual assault offences.
If the education department could come forth with the amount of failure rates in secondary schools that being yr 10 to 11 bracket then most teachers should quit winging and think themselves lucky they are employed because in reality these up and coming students are failing because of the rubbish teachers are forcing upon them and its a rort and a cover up. They only care about their pay packet not the students that's obvious.black rat Monday 21 January, 2013 - 8:24 AM
Baillieu = Nazi ?
Yeah I think so,
he knows it
and so do all the scum who support his dictatorshipJames Sunday 20 January, 2013 - 4:41 PM
How dare the government not pay more than $480.00 A DAY! I have to oversee 90 primary school age children. I don't teach anymore,Ijust have my teachers project my teaching and social school philosophies. I just sit in my office and make sure my receptionist does my communication PR work properly and promptly. I don't have to worry bout funding matters because the school boared does that and the parents working body looks after the school maintenence.Oh that's right, I do have to attend the odd educational seminar/meeting from time to time, damm! Shool security? Not even Mother Terese can access school grounds, so no problems there! No mad gunmen either! Thankyou Johnny Howard. As you can see, I really do earn my pay.lee Sunday 20 January, 2013 - 12:15 PM
You are nothing but a bully Baillieu, just deliver on your election promise and get on with itMark Saturday 19 January, 2013 - 12:07 PM
Teachers appear to me to be too left wing and need to be brought under control! Long, long overdue. A firm discipline regimen needs to be installed in their profession and a parallel disciplinary system installed for the handling of recalcitrant damned kids - the me, me brigade.Bill Abrahams Saturday 19 January, 2013 - 9:05 AM
Let the teachers do a month of disabilty work then they'll see what underpaid, underappreciated & overworked IS!!!janelle Friday 18 January, 2013 - 11:19 PM