- 'Thrill killer' Hemming jailed
- Homegrown terror risks by numbers
- Man arrested after police chase
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
Bear & Kooda put down under dangerous dog laws
A Cobram man is devastated after his two dogs were killed under the state's tough new dangerous dog laws.
IMAGE: Bear and Kooda (supplied)
Changes to the law concerning restricted breed dogs came into force on October 1 last year that deemed any restricted breeds that were not registered will be seized and destroyed by local councils.
Nathan Laffan, the owner of the dogs that were put down, told the 3AW Drive Program that he went to the Moira Shire council last September after seeing news reports on the laws that were yet to take effect.
“I went into the shire on the Friday afternoon and I said ‘Can you come and have a look at my dogs and make sure they are not a dangerous breed, or whatever the news article was all about’” Nathan said.
“He (The Council Officer) came over on the Monday (September 26, 2011) about lunch time-ish and said ‘That’s it I’m taking them’” he said.
LISTEN BELOW: Nathan Laffan speaks with Tom Elliott
Nathan purchased the two dogs in early 2011, from an unregistered dog breeder who said the dogs to be ‘American Bulldog / Bull Mastiff Staffi Cross’ which are not on the banned list.
The Council Officer believed the dogs to be ‘pitbull/mastiff cross’ and because they were only 7-months old at the time had to be put down.
Nathan took his case to Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) for a review of the decision which went to court in February.
His case was not successful and the dogs were put down on Thursday.
Nathan said that his dogs were never involved in any sort of attack or hostile action toward any person, and the government need to change the laws.
“They need to completely rethink the whole scheme” Nathan said.
ARE THE NEW DANGEROUS DOG LAWS TOO TOUGH? Your say below.
IMAGES: Bear and Kooda before they were put down yesterday.
LISTEN BELOW: Nathan Laffan speaks with Tom Elliott
What is this, Communist China?!! These amazing animals are a product of their upbringing. Many people and animals have been saved by the magnificent pit. In WWII pitbulls were heroes and awarded medals. These days they often save lives of humans and animals. But is this focused on? NO. With a quick search I have three examples of the true hearts and loving natures of these precious animals (and there are many, many, many more examples where these came from!) ...
Amazing interspecies FRiENDS: Cat, rabbit, guinea pig and dog pit bull SHARKY :
Adorable! Pit Bull CLEANS Baby Bunny (Cottontail Rabbit) in HD. Bunny & Dog :
Pitbull Loves Her Kittens!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLnhy6oHQ1MDespina M. Andrelus Thursday 4 July, 2013 - 3:15 PM
hi my name is heather i have a 2 yr old son a 6 yr old son and and 8 yr old son and i own 8...yes 8 pitbulls. not one of them have ever even once so much as tried to bite me my children or anyone near me. in fact my oldest pit is very protective of my youngest son she will not anyone meaning harm come near him yet she will lick anyone to death. i am so so dearly sorry for your lose. in my opinion you take them to court sue their sorry asses and win. get justice for your poor sweet puppies and stomp ass my prayers are with you and your dear doggies. who by the way are absolutly adorable and look nothing like a pitbull.heather Friday 28 June, 2013 - 5:53 PM
There are 2 different types of pit bulls/ Blue Nose & Red Nose. The Red one has the wide stance and larger head. The Blue one looks more like a terrier combo. I'm not sure sure the Pit comes from in this dog, but I have always been told the dog is technically a Bull Dog, Terrier mix. We have a pitty who is the most loving, affectionate dog ever. I am 67 and my grandson is 7, we can both put our hands in her mouth (if need be) and even sit right by her when she eats; SHE has never tried to bite or even growl at us. In fact she even thinks of herself as a 'LAP' dog. Nathan I'm sorry for your loss, and your dogs DID NOT look like a 'Pit Bull'.Kathleen Sunday 2 June, 2013 - 12:08 AM
I couldn't accept these ideas and please don't give up fighting in the memory of your beloved beautiful dogs and the famous case of the innocent Lennox(it breaks my heart seeing his photo at Belfast shelter where he was kept in awful conditions as it can be seen).I think people have a great pleasure in killing any animal on this earth!
My sincere condolences.It is a shame animals depend on us!monica chirnoaga Sunday 21 April, 2013 - 6:53 AM
This was so very wrong and cruel. Seems to me certain people are *kill happy* and enjoy it too. My condolences to the family.memory murphy Saturday 13 April, 2013 - 11:11 AM
Cruel crime, the killers need to be arrested !Catherine Wednesday 2 January, 2013 - 11:14 AM