- Bombers battered in court
- Terror raids: Sydney man charged over terrorism plot
- Attempted tobacco smuggling ring busted in Port Melbourne
- RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard thief checking in for 'other matters' at police station
- McCartney responds to rift rumours
- Carlton tram creep touching women passengers
- Teen attacked along Dandenong Creek
- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Willow on Bombers battered in court About time, justice at last. A lesson to players for the future, do not take part in experiments just because your Club and ... more
- Aria Judillaa on Bombers battered in court Sorry Hird, but when people start challenging the validity of an investigation it's pretty obvious they have something to ... more
- Iain on Bombers battered in court I wonder if Essendon get it know..Justice Middleton is well respected and agrees they have a case to answer. Essendon: take ... more
- Stephen on Bombers battered in court Time to move on and draw a line under this by all sides. The evidence is not there or this would have been put to bed by ... more
- IBARKER on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Great result for the Person that had his Boards Stolen. more
- RFor on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... LOVE IT !!!Like the other one a few weeks ago- Pollys Questn. Suspect, he says no not me, shows his brothers I.D. - Pollys ... more
- Jodie O'Donovan on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Sounds like the bloke who robbed my house while I was across the road at work, watching him. My husband ran to the house to ... more
- David T. on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... This is one thief who is totally unsuited to his chosen career. more
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
Bear & Kooda put down under dangerous dog laws
A Cobram man is devastated after his two dogs were killed under the state's tough new dangerous dog laws.
IMAGE: Bear and Kooda (supplied)
Changes to the law concerning restricted breed dogs came into force on October 1 last year that deemed any restricted breeds that were not registered will be seized and destroyed by local councils.
Nathan Laffan, the owner of the dogs that were put down, told the 3AW Drive Program that he went to the Moira Shire council last September after seeing news reports on the laws that were yet to take effect.
“I went into the shire on the Friday afternoon and I said ‘Can you come and have a look at my dogs and make sure they are not a dangerous breed, or whatever the news article was all about’” Nathan said.
“He (The Council Officer) came over on the Monday (September 26, 2011) about lunch time-ish and said ‘That’s it I’m taking them’” he said.
LISTEN BELOW: Nathan Laffan speaks with Tom Elliott
Nathan purchased the two dogs in early 2011, from an unregistered dog breeder who said the dogs to be ‘American Bulldog / Bull Mastiff Staffi Cross’ which are not on the banned list.
The Council Officer believed the dogs to be ‘pitbull/mastiff cross’ and because they were only 7-months old at the time had to be put down.
Nathan took his case to Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) for a review of the decision which went to court in February.
His case was not successful and the dogs were put down on Thursday.
Nathan said that his dogs were never involved in any sort of attack or hostile action toward any person, and the government need to change the laws.
“They need to completely rethink the whole scheme” Nathan said.
ARE THE NEW DANGEROUS DOG LAWS TOO TOUGH? Your say below.
IMAGES: Bear and Kooda before they were put down yesterday.
LISTEN BELOW: Nathan Laffan speaks with Tom Elliott
What is this, Communist China?!! These amazing animals are a product of their upbringing. Many people and animals have been saved by the magnificent pit. In WWII pitbulls were heroes and awarded medals. These days they often save lives of humans and animals. But is this focused on? NO. With a quick search I have three examples of the true hearts and loving natures of these precious animals (and there are many, many, many more examples where these came from!) ...
Amazing interspecies FRiENDS: Cat, rabbit, guinea pig and dog pit bull SHARKY :
Adorable! Pit Bull CLEANS Baby Bunny (Cottontail Rabbit) in HD. Bunny & Dog :
Pitbull Loves Her Kittens!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLnhy6oHQ1MDespina M. Andrelus Thursday 4 July, 2013 - 3:15 PM
hi my name is heather i have a 2 yr old son a 6 yr old son and and 8 yr old son and i own 8...yes 8 pitbulls. not one of them have ever even once so much as tried to bite me my children or anyone near me. in fact my oldest pit is very protective of my youngest son she will not anyone meaning harm come near him yet she will lick anyone to death. i am so so dearly sorry for your lose. in my opinion you take them to court sue their sorry asses and win. get justice for your poor sweet puppies and stomp ass my prayers are with you and your dear doggies. who by the way are absolutly adorable and look nothing like a pitbull.heather Friday 28 June, 2013 - 5:53 PM
There are 2 different types of pit bulls/ Blue Nose & Red Nose. The Red one has the wide stance and larger head. The Blue one looks more like a terrier combo. I'm not sure sure the Pit comes from in this dog, but I have always been told the dog is technically a Bull Dog, Terrier mix. We have a pitty who is the most loving, affectionate dog ever. I am 67 and my grandson is 7, we can both put our hands in her mouth (if need be) and even sit right by her when she eats; SHE has never tried to bite or even growl at us. In fact she even thinks of herself as a 'LAP' dog. Nathan I'm sorry for your loss, and your dogs DID NOT look like a 'Pit Bull'.Kathleen Sunday 2 June, 2013 - 12:08 AM
I couldn't accept these ideas and please don't give up fighting in the memory of your beloved beautiful dogs and the famous case of the innocent Lennox(it breaks my heart seeing his photo at Belfast shelter where he was kept in awful conditions as it can be seen).I think people have a great pleasure in killing any animal on this earth!
My sincere condolences.It is a shame animals depend on us!monica chirnoaga Sunday 21 April, 2013 - 6:53 AM
This was so very wrong and cruel. Seems to me certain people are *kill happy* and enjoy it too. My condolences to the family.memory murphy Saturday 13 April, 2013 - 11:11 AM
Cruel crime, the killers need to be arrested !Catherine Wednesday 2 January, 2013 - 11:14 AM