- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- A letter from the chaos
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Bear & Kooda put down under dangerous dog laws
A Cobram man is devastated after his two dogs were killed under the state's tough new dangerous dog laws.
IMAGE: Bear and Kooda (supplied)
Changes to the law concerning restricted breed dogs came into force on October 1 last year that deemed any restricted breeds that were not registered will be seized and destroyed by local councils.
Nathan Laffan, the owner of the dogs that were put down, told the 3AW Drive Program that he went to the Moira Shire council last September after seeing news reports on the laws that were yet to take effect.
“I went into the shire on the Friday afternoon and I said ‘Can you come and have a look at my dogs and make sure they are not a dangerous breed, or whatever the news article was all about’” Nathan said.
“He (The Council Officer) came over on the Monday (September 26, 2011) about lunch time-ish and said ‘That’s it I’m taking them’” he said.
LISTEN BELOW: Nathan Laffan speaks with Tom Elliott
Nathan purchased the two dogs in early 2011, from an unregistered dog breeder who said the dogs to be ‘American Bulldog / Bull Mastiff Staffi Cross’ which are not on the banned list.
The Council Officer believed the dogs to be ‘pitbull/mastiff cross’ and because they were only 7-months old at the time had to be put down.
Nathan took his case to Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) for a review of the decision which went to court in February.
His case was not successful and the dogs were put down on Thursday.
Nathan said that his dogs were never involved in any sort of attack or hostile action toward any person, and the government need to change the laws.
“They need to completely rethink the whole scheme” Nathan said.
ARE THE NEW DANGEROUS DOG LAWS TOO TOUGH? Your say below.
IMAGES: Bear and Kooda before they were put down yesterday.
LISTEN BELOW: Nathan Laffan speaks with Tom Elliott
What is this, Communist China?!! These amazing animals are a product of their upbringing. Many people and animals have been saved by the magnificent pit. In WWII pitbulls were heroes and awarded medals. These days they often save lives of humans and animals. But is this focused on? NO. With a quick search I have three examples of the true hearts and loving natures of these precious animals (and there are many, many, many more examples where these came from!) ...
Amazing interspecies FRiENDS: Cat, rabbit, guinea pig and dog pit bull SHARKY :
Adorable! Pit Bull CLEANS Baby Bunny (Cottontail Rabbit) in HD. Bunny & Dog :
Pitbull Loves Her Kittens!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLnhy6oHQ1MDespina M. Andrelus Thursday 4 July, 2013 - 3:15 PM
hi my name is heather i have a 2 yr old son a 6 yr old son and and 8 yr old son and i own 8...yes 8 pitbulls. not one of them have ever even once so much as tried to bite me my children or anyone near me. in fact my oldest pit is very protective of my youngest son she will not anyone meaning harm come near him yet she will lick anyone to death. i am so so dearly sorry for your lose. in my opinion you take them to court sue their sorry asses and win. get justice for your poor sweet puppies and stomp ass my prayers are with you and your dear doggies. who by the way are absolutly adorable and look nothing like a pitbull.heather Friday 28 June, 2013 - 5:53 PM
There are 2 different types of pit bulls/ Blue Nose & Red Nose. The Red one has the wide stance and larger head. The Blue one looks more like a terrier combo. I'm not sure sure the Pit comes from in this dog, but I have always been told the dog is technically a Bull Dog, Terrier mix. We have a pitty who is the most loving, affectionate dog ever. I am 67 and my grandson is 7, we can both put our hands in her mouth (if need be) and even sit right by her when she eats; SHE has never tried to bite or even growl at us. In fact she even thinks of herself as a 'LAP' dog. Nathan I'm sorry for your loss, and your dogs DID NOT look like a 'Pit Bull'.Kathleen Sunday 2 June, 2013 - 12:08 AM
I couldn't accept these ideas and please don't give up fighting in the memory of your beloved beautiful dogs and the famous case of the innocent Lennox(it breaks my heart seeing his photo at Belfast shelter where he was kept in awful conditions as it can be seen).I think people have a great pleasure in killing any animal on this earth!
My sincere condolences.It is a shame animals depend on us!monica chirnoaga Sunday 21 April, 2013 - 6:53 AM
This was so very wrong and cruel. Seems to me certain people are *kill happy* and enjoy it too. My condolences to the family.memory murphy Saturday 13 April, 2013 - 11:11 AM
Cruel crime, the killers need to be arrested !Catherine Wednesday 2 January, 2013 - 11:14 AM