- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Bear & Kooda put down under dangerous dog laws
A Cobram man is devastated after his two dogs were killed under the state's tough new dangerous dog laws.
IMAGE: Bear and Kooda (supplied)
Changes to the law concerning restricted breed dogs came into force on October 1 last year that deemed any restricted breeds that were not registered will be seized and destroyed by local councils.
Nathan Laffan, the owner of the dogs that were put down, told the 3AW Drive Program that he went to the Moira Shire council last September after seeing news reports on the laws that were yet to take effect.
“I went into the shire on the Friday afternoon and I said ‘Can you come and have a look at my dogs and make sure they are not a dangerous breed, or whatever the news article was all about’” Nathan said.
“He (The Council Officer) came over on the Monday (September 26, 2011) about lunch time-ish and said ‘That’s it I’m taking them’” he said.
LISTEN BELOW: Nathan Laffan speaks with Tom Elliott
Nathan purchased the two dogs in early 2011, from an unregistered dog breeder who said the dogs to be ‘American Bulldog / Bull Mastiff Staffi Cross’ which are not on the banned list.
The Council Officer believed the dogs to be ‘pitbull/mastiff cross’ and because they were only 7-months old at the time had to be put down.
Nathan took his case to Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) for a review of the decision which went to court in February.
His case was not successful and the dogs were put down on Thursday.
Nathan said that his dogs were never involved in any sort of attack or hostile action toward any person, and the government need to change the laws.
“They need to completely rethink the whole scheme” Nathan said.
ARE THE NEW DANGEROUS DOG LAWS TOO TOUGH? Your say below.
IMAGES: Bear and Kooda before they were put down yesterday.
LISTEN BELOW: Nathan Laffan speaks with Tom Elliott
What is this, Communist China?!! These amazing animals are a product of their upbringing. Many people and animals have been saved by the magnificent pit. In WWII pitbulls were heroes and awarded medals. These days they often save lives of humans and animals. But is this focused on? NO. With a quick search I have three examples of the true hearts and loving natures of these precious animals (and there are many, many, many more examples where these came from!) ...
Amazing interspecies FRiENDS: Cat, rabbit, guinea pig and dog pit bull SHARKY :
Adorable! Pit Bull CLEANS Baby Bunny (Cottontail Rabbit) in HD. Bunny & Dog :
Pitbull Loves Her Kittens!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLnhy6oHQ1MDespina M. Andrelus Thursday 4 July, 2013 - 3:15 PM
hi my name is heather i have a 2 yr old son a 6 yr old son and and 8 yr old son and i own 8...yes 8 pitbulls. not one of them have ever even once so much as tried to bite me my children or anyone near me. in fact my oldest pit is very protective of my youngest son she will not anyone meaning harm come near him yet she will lick anyone to death. i am so so dearly sorry for your lose. in my opinion you take them to court sue their sorry asses and win. get justice for your poor sweet puppies and stomp ass my prayers are with you and your dear doggies. who by the way are absolutly adorable and look nothing like a pitbull.heather Friday 28 June, 2013 - 5:53 PM
There are 2 different types of pit bulls/ Blue Nose & Red Nose. The Red one has the wide stance and larger head. The Blue one looks more like a terrier combo. I'm not sure sure the Pit comes from in this dog, but I have always been told the dog is technically a Bull Dog, Terrier mix. We have a pitty who is the most loving, affectionate dog ever. I am 67 and my grandson is 7, we can both put our hands in her mouth (if need be) and even sit right by her when she eats; SHE has never tried to bite or even growl at us. In fact she even thinks of herself as a 'LAP' dog. Nathan I'm sorry for your loss, and your dogs DID NOT look like a 'Pit Bull'.Kathleen Sunday 2 June, 2013 - 12:08 AM
I couldn't accept these ideas and please don't give up fighting in the memory of your beloved beautiful dogs and the famous case of the innocent Lennox(it breaks my heart seeing his photo at Belfast shelter where he was kept in awful conditions as it can be seen).I think people have a great pleasure in killing any animal on this earth!
My sincere condolences.It is a shame animals depend on us!monica chirnoaga Sunday 21 April, 2013 - 6:53 AM
This was so very wrong and cruel. Seems to me certain people are *kill happy* and enjoy it too. My condolences to the family.memory murphy Saturday 13 April, 2013 - 11:11 AM
Cruel crime, the killers need to be arrested !Catherine Wednesday 2 January, 2013 - 11:14 AM