- Terror raids: Sydney man charged over terrorism plot
- Attempted tobacco smuggling ring busted in Port Melbourne
- RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard thief checking in for 'other matters' at police station
- McCartney responds to rift rumours
- Carlton tram creep touching women passengers
- Teen attacked along Dandenong Creek
- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- Australian troops land in Middle East for 'mission - not war'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David T. on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... This is one thief who is totally unsuited to his chosen career. more
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
- Sue Hughes on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Such inconsiderate behaviour from so-called adults. I suspect these people have just moved in and couldn't care less about ... more
- Kathy on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... What happened to consideration and common sense mr and mrsÂ cubbins? I hope your made to pay to clean up your ... more
- Rick on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Simple solution as the neighbor who had their roller door blocked.Nissan Patrol + 4000kg snap strap.Rip it right off the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... This is crazy no one should own a lane way. Maybe in 1887 there was no lane way and it was a dirt horse trail. For once I am ... more
- Johnno on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Solicitor's and barrister's rubbing their hands over another prolonged adverse possession case. more
- Rob Jackson on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... How ridiculous...people are so stupid. Why would you put a roller door in that spot unless you were just trying to ... more
- Peter on Does Collingwood still want Lumumba? The best thing Collingwood could do would be to get rid of this clown! Too precious and full of his own importance! more
Bert Newton to undergo emergency heart surgery
Bert Newton is in hospital awaiting to undergo emergency heart surgery.
The TV legend will have a life saving quadruple bypass on Saturday.
Channel 9 Reporter Tony Jones says the 74-year-old was experiencing chest pains before being admitted into the Epworth Hospital on Wednesday.
Newton told the reporter "I couldn’t say I'm scared ... I'm apprehensive,"
"I've got a family I want to be with for a long time. I've got a good attitude."
Newton has a history of heart and lung problems and has been taken to hospital twice in the past 18 months.
More to come.
Channel 9 confirm Bert Newton has been rushed to hospital. They will be sending out an update shortly. Our thoughts are with him.— 3AW Melbourne (@3AW693) November 23, 2012
Neil, my wife was rushed to surgery at the Royal melbourne, with 5 open heart bypasses earlier this year, discharged after 4 days, walked a short distance day 5 for some fresh air and a coffee in town, full recovery in 6 months, never made the news, and thousands of these operations have been performed, Bert is just another one.gez Sunday 25 November, 2012 - 9:41 AM
dear bert. i am offering prayers for you and your family. i hope you have a speedy recovery. best wishes. god bless . marie williamsonmarie williamson Friday 23 November, 2012 - 8:07 PM