- Man arrested after police chase
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- Blockbuster Easter to kickstart 2015
- Crews mop up Docklands diesel leak
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted This is a most distressing case, but we cannot allow ourselves to get to a point where people are above being questioned. ... more
- Tess on Why Rosie Batty erupted Two parents both love the children equally it's not one parents right to say they love(d) their child more than the other! ... more
- Mandi on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 These shall not be forgotten years.I will never forget that powerful speech an aussie icon laid to rest. more
Bert Newton to undergo emergency heart surgery
Bert Newton is in hospital awaiting to undergo emergency heart surgery.
The TV legend will have a life saving quadruple bypass on Saturday.
Channel 9 Reporter Tony Jones says the 74-year-old was experiencing chest pains before being admitted into the Epworth Hospital on Wednesday.
Newton told the reporter "I couldn’t say I'm scared ... I'm apprehensive,"
"I've got a family I want to be with for a long time. I've got a good attitude."
Newton has a history of heart and lung problems and has been taken to hospital twice in the past 18 months.
More to come.
Channel 9 confirm Bert Newton has been rushed to hospital. They will be sending out an update shortly. Our thoughts are with him.— 3AW Melbourne (@3AW693) November 23, 2012
Neil, my wife was rushed to surgery at the Royal melbourne, with 5 open heart bypasses earlier this year, discharged after 4 days, walked a short distance day 5 for some fresh air and a coffee in town, full recovery in 6 months, never made the news, and thousands of these operations have been performed, Bert is just another one.gez Sunday 25 November, 2012 - 9:41 AM
dear bert. i am offering prayers for you and your family. i hope you have a speedy recovery. best wishes. god bless . marie williamsonmarie williamson Friday 23 November, 2012 - 8:07 PM