- Hazel Hawke passes away
- Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: Forbes
- Jon Anderson rates the 'Four Kings': Duran, Hagler, Hearns & Leonard
- Mother's tears and pain over son's fatal accident
- Peter Slipper MP formally charged with fraud
- Charges could be laid over Swanston Street wall collapse: court told
- Operation Unification: Police across country target illegal firearms
- Elderly man fighting for life, police hunt truck driver
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mandy on Hazel Hawke passes away A strong and talented woman I admired her views. more
- Joybells on Hazel Hawke passes away Hazel Hawke was such a lady, well respected and loved & will be greatly missed.She truly was a gr8 Australian. more
- Anita Elkington on Hazel Hawke passes away A truly beautiful wonderful woman , so sad , more
- Matt - proudly Un-Australian on Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: ... Get real, she doesn't even like her own children, what sort of woman is that??? Money over your own kids, that is evil. more
- Schtang on Gina Rinehart more powerful than PM: ... Gina Rinehart is only powerful due to her money - Julia Gillard is powerful due to her intelligence & integrity. more
- Tim Whiteside on Essendon footballer in hospital after ... Hi Guys, I've been listening to the ABC for a lifetime but really had enough of Red Symonds who ,so self-obsessed ... more
- Rod Evans on One person trapped after army base tank ... Best wishes to the boys injured in the service of their country. more
- Who's Paying??? on Craig Thomson MP faces 19 extra charges I've never ever known of a court case to drag on for so many years. Are we the taxpayer paying his bills? more
- Jillian on Essendon footballer in hospital after ... Another stabbing in the community, but if this case is going to toughen up our legal finding's on stabbing cases then I ... more
- Jillian on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... If only dog's could talk! God bless the both of you. more
- mandy on Oklahoma tornado survivor finds missing ... Something good came out of something so bad. Amazing how that little dog survived. more
- Gerard on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... Assistant Commissioner Robert Hill is yet again 'over the hill'.I take it he wants to make his job even easier than it ... more
- KNOW-ALL COPPER on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... ANOTHER CASE OF A GEN X COP, SUSS AT THAT, TALKING DOWN TO THE GENERATION BELOW HIM.NOTHING IS NEW HERE. THIS AGE GROUP X ... more
- Pj on Kevin Rudd changes stance on gay ... Rudd changed his mind? Like he did on the Spill leaving his mates high and dry? Note for us: Lets not give him an ... more
- Greg on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... And this fool was in charge of young AFL players futures.What a role model,not more
- Greg on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... What a huge con the .05 system is.It tells people you can drink & drive but not over that limit.Why not have a zero limit ... more
- Sarah on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... As a current green P-plater with no desire to ever drive after having even one drink, this doesn't bother me at all... If it ... more
- mylene on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... The Nanny State lives!! more
- Jillian on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... How about having a number plate H for hoon or D for drink driver. Let these unstable driver's be known to the motorist on ... more
- robynne on Senior cop calls for young drivers to ... I would say till 21,also they should have defencive driving classes at school! more
Best-Selling Author Bryce Courtenay dead at 79
Best-selling Australian author Bryce Courtenay has passed away after a battle with stomach cancer.
He died late on Thursday night at his Canberra home surrounded by family.
Courtenay wrote more than 20 books including the wildely popular The Power of One, April's Fool's Day and Jessica.
"We'd like to thank all of Bryce's family and friends and all of his fans around the world for their love and support for me and his family as he wrote the final chapter of his extraordinary life. And may we make a request for privacy as we cherish his memory," Bryce's wife Christine Courtenay said in a statement released by Penguin publishers.
Also included in the statement is a moving epilogue from Bryce's final book, in which he wrote: "It’s been a privilege to write for you and to have you accept me as a storyteller in your lives. Now, as my story draws to an end, may I say only, ‘Thank you. You have been simply wonderful'".
WATCH VIDEO: Bryce Courtenay - Thank You
You can leave your tribute to Bryce below.
Sad news... Best-selling Australian author Bryce Courtenay has passed away from cancer at the age of 79.— 3AW Melbourne (@3AW693) November 23, 2012
Thank YOU, your story telling was wonderful, condolences to your familyCharlotte Friday 23 November, 2012 - 8:23 PM
Bryce was one of my most loved authors. I've spent countless hours lying on beaches and curled up at night devouring his magical words that danced across the pages. He gave me the most valuable Australian history lessons that I will ever learnâ??he took me to the battlefields of Gallipolli, sailed with me on a convict boat destined for Van Dieman's Land, and held me captive as a POW during the Korean War. I still have so many more adventures of his to read and love, yet with a heavy heart knowing that his final tale has been told.
Such sad sad news. Rest peacefully Bryce â?¥Narelle Browne Friday 23 November, 2012 - 4:48 PM
Farewell Bryce...You certainly had The Power of One......RIPTony Robb Friday 23 November, 2012 - 4:46 PM
The world has lost a gentleman and a wordsmith I loved all his books but my favourite is Smoky Joe's Cafe.
RIP Bryce a wonderful aussie.Carol Friday 23 November, 2012 - 4:42 PM
Such sad news! RIP Bryce and thank you for the many hours of reading pleasure you have given me. Deepest sympathy to his family & friends. I will miss my yearly Bryce Courtenay book!Cheryl Friday 23 November, 2012 - 4:27 PM
R.I.P Bryce Courtenay! You had me hooked from the time I read The Power of One! Thank you all your wonderful stories, I shall miss your wonderful writing. Deepest sympathy to family and friends.Margaret Dungan Friday 23 November, 2012 - 3:39 PM