- Tape scandal: The Age points finger at Labor Party
- Queen photobombs Comm Games selfie
- One dead, four trapped after Great Ocean Road tourist bus crash
- Video: Bike smashes into car on Clarendon St
- Earthquake hits Greenvale, Epping, Lalor and Roxburgh Park
- Man killed in Wodonga bobcat accident
- Childcare system 'nonsense'
- Paul Dale, Rodney Collins excused from giving evidence
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- poppitt on Tape scandal: The Age points finger at ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: The Age points finger at ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
- Jill on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... WHY? WHY? WHY? this will be a question we will be asking ourselves for a long long time to come????????? more
- Samuel J on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... The poor buggers had perhaps gone to Amsterdam to see the live Anre Rieu concern held in Maastricht this week. What a pity ... more
- Stephen on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... My thoughts are with all the families this will affect. But who now would fly Malaysian Airlines. more
- Heather on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... This isn't terrorism it's murder! Men and their bloody wars!!! How many more innocent lives will be lost! Sincere ... more
- Marlene Gow on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' I wonder how Malthouse would've reacted if some other football identity spoke in that manner to his own daughter those few ... more
- kim on Victorian town's HIV scare Re the Dr Lester interview. It was said earlier in the morning - somewhere between 530 & 630 that the health professional ... more
- Faye on Young Aussies gored in bull run GO BULLS !! more
- Kevin on Tim Lane: 'I was angry' Good manners and decency cost nothing and go such a long way. Mick simply needs to be nice to people, it's not ... more
- Mark Ellison on Victorian town's HIV scare How does "coming into contact" with an HIV infected person, carry a risk? I presume the Health Professional isn't providing ... more
Best-Selling Author Bryce Courtenay dead at 79
Best-selling Australian author Bryce Courtenay has passed away after a battle with stomach cancer.
He died late on Thursday night at his Canberra home surrounded by family.
Courtenay wrote more than 20 books including the wildely popular The Power of One, April's Fool's Day and Jessica.
"We'd like to thank all of Bryce's family and friends and all of his fans around the world for their love and support for me and his family as he wrote the final chapter of his extraordinary life. And may we make a request for privacy as we cherish his memory," Bryce's wife Christine Courtenay said in a statement released by Penguin publishers.
Also included in the statement is a moving epilogue from Bryce's final book, in which he wrote: "It’s been a privilege to write for you and to have you accept me as a storyteller in your lives. Now, as my story draws to an end, may I say only, ‘Thank you. You have been simply wonderful'".
WATCH VIDEO: Bryce Courtenay - Thank You
You can leave your tribute to Bryce below.
Sad news... Best-selling Australian author Bryce Courtenay has passed away from cancer at the age of 79.— 3AW Melbourne (@3AW693) November 23, 2012
Thank YOU, your story telling was wonderful, condolences to your familyCharlotte Friday 23 November, 2012 - 8:23 PM
Bryce was one of my most loved authors. I've spent countless hours lying on beaches and curled up at night devouring his magical words that danced across the pages. He gave me the most valuable Australian history lessons that I will ever learnâ??he took me to the battlefields of Gallipolli, sailed with me on a convict boat destined for Van Dieman's Land, and held me captive as a POW during the Korean War. I still have so many more adventures of his to read and love, yet with a heavy heart knowing that his final tale has been told.
Such sad sad news. Rest peacefully Bryce â?¥Narelle Browne Friday 23 November, 2012 - 4:48 PM
Farewell Bryce...You certainly had The Power of One......RIPTony Robb Friday 23 November, 2012 - 4:46 PM
The world has lost a gentleman and a wordsmith I loved all his books but my favourite is Smoky Joe's Cafe.
RIP Bryce a wonderful aussie.Carol Friday 23 November, 2012 - 4:42 PM
Such sad news! RIP Bryce and thank you for the many hours of reading pleasure you have given me. Deepest sympathy to his family & friends. I will miss my yearly Bryce Courtenay book!Cheryl Friday 23 November, 2012 - 4:27 PM
R.I.P Bryce Courtenay! You had me hooked from the time I read The Power of One! Thank you all your wonderful stories, I shall miss your wonderful writing. Deepest sympathy to family and friends.Margaret Dungan Friday 23 November, 2012 - 3:39 PM