- Abbott softens talk on Russia
- Australian to face charges over Commonwealth Games village fight
- Drive-by shooting in Springvale South
- Carlton player Simon White charged by police
- Social media trails show ISIS link to Melbourne schools
- Ross and John in Glasgow: Heritage Day
- Robert Doyle: 'It's a mess, a gigantic error'
- Sex attacker assaults girl, 16
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on On the road with Patty the poet cabbie Pat Mullaney now thats a good scots name??? more
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
Best-Selling Author Bryce Courtenay dead at 79
Best-selling Australian author Bryce Courtenay has passed away after a battle with stomach cancer.
He died late on Thursday night at his Canberra home surrounded by family.
Courtenay wrote more than 20 books including the wildely popular The Power of One, April's Fool's Day and Jessica.
"We'd like to thank all of Bryce's family and friends and all of his fans around the world for their love and support for me and his family as he wrote the final chapter of his extraordinary life. And may we make a request for privacy as we cherish his memory," Bryce's wife Christine Courtenay said in a statement released by Penguin publishers.
Also included in the statement is a moving epilogue from Bryce's final book, in which he wrote: "It’s been a privilege to write for you and to have you accept me as a storyteller in your lives. Now, as my story draws to an end, may I say only, ‘Thank you. You have been simply wonderful'".
WATCH VIDEO: Bryce Courtenay - Thank You
You can leave your tribute to Bryce below.
Sad news... Best-selling Australian author Bryce Courtenay has passed away from cancer at the age of 79.— 3AW Melbourne (@3AW693) November 23, 2012
Thank YOU, your story telling was wonderful, condolences to your familyCharlotte Friday 23 November, 2012 - 8:23 PM
Bryce was one of my most loved authors. I've spent countless hours lying on beaches and curled up at night devouring his magical words that danced across the pages. He gave me the most valuable Australian history lessons that I will ever learnâ??he took me to the battlefields of Gallipolli, sailed with me on a convict boat destined for Van Dieman's Land, and held me captive as a POW during the Korean War. I still have so many more adventures of his to read and love, yet with a heavy heart knowing that his final tale has been told.
Such sad sad news. Rest peacefully Bryce â?¥Narelle Browne Friday 23 November, 2012 - 4:48 PM
Farewell Bryce...You certainly had The Power of One......RIPTony Robb Friday 23 November, 2012 - 4:46 PM
The world has lost a gentleman and a wordsmith I loved all his books but my favourite is Smoky Joe's Cafe.
RIP Bryce a wonderful aussie.Carol Friday 23 November, 2012 - 4:42 PM
Such sad news! RIP Bryce and thank you for the many hours of reading pleasure you have given me. Deepest sympathy to his family & friends. I will miss my yearly Bryce Courtenay book!Cheryl Friday 23 November, 2012 - 4:27 PM
R.I.P Bryce Courtenay! You had me hooked from the time I read The Power of One! Thank you all your wonderful stories, I shall miss your wonderful writing. Deepest sympathy to family and friends.Margaret Dungan Friday 23 November, 2012 - 3:39 PM