- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North
- Eddie McGuire should quit: Jeff Kennett
- Bomb threat: School given all-clear
- Burnley Tunnel closed: Lucky escape in Monash truck fire
- Softened stance on sexting teens
- 'G, that's rough: Tigers unhappy
- Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no standing zone
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
- iain on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' More political interference is not what is required here. We need allegations of doping heard and either cleared or ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' This is a waste of taxpayers money the courts have more urgent cases to deal with. more
- Sid on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Guilty as sin but not an iota of evidence or positive test to support these claims?Everyone has a problem saying the Bombers ... more
- Christine on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' For people who actively listen, and have no agenda, Paul Little has conducted himself impeccably throughout this drawn-out ... more
Best-Selling Author Bryce Courtenay dead at 79
Best-selling Australian author Bryce Courtenay has passed away after a battle with stomach cancer.
He died late on Thursday night at his Canberra home surrounded by family.
Courtenay wrote more than 20 books including the wildely popular The Power of One, April's Fool's Day and Jessica.
"We'd like to thank all of Bryce's family and friends and all of his fans around the world for their love and support for me and his family as he wrote the final chapter of his extraordinary life. And may we make a request for privacy as we cherish his memory," Bryce's wife Christine Courtenay said in a statement released by Penguin publishers.
Also included in the statement is a moving epilogue from Bryce's final book, in which he wrote: "It’s been a privilege to write for you and to have you accept me as a storyteller in your lives. Now, as my story draws to an end, may I say only, ‘Thank you. You have been simply wonderful'".
WATCH VIDEO: Bryce Courtenay - Thank You
You can leave your tribute to Bryce below.
Sad news... Best-selling Australian author Bryce Courtenay has passed away from cancer at the age of 79.— 3AW Melbourne (@3AW693) November 23, 2012
Thank YOU, your story telling was wonderful, condolences to your familyCharlotte Friday 23 November, 2012 - 8:23 PM
Bryce was one of my most loved authors. I've spent countless hours lying on beaches and curled up at night devouring his magical words that danced across the pages. He gave me the most valuable Australian history lessons that I will ever learnâ??he took me to the battlefields of Gallipolli, sailed with me on a convict boat destined for Van Dieman's Land, and held me captive as a POW during the Korean War. I still have so many more adventures of his to read and love, yet with a heavy heart knowing that his final tale has been told.
Such sad sad news. Rest peacefully Bryce â?¥Narelle Browne Friday 23 November, 2012 - 4:48 PM
Farewell Bryce...You certainly had The Power of One......RIPTony Robb Friday 23 November, 2012 - 4:46 PM
The world has lost a gentleman and a wordsmith I loved all his books but my favourite is Smoky Joe's Cafe.
RIP Bryce a wonderful aussie.Carol Friday 23 November, 2012 - 4:42 PM
Such sad news! RIP Bryce and thank you for the many hours of reading pleasure you have given me. Deepest sympathy to his family & friends. I will miss my yearly Bryce Courtenay book!Cheryl Friday 23 November, 2012 - 4:27 PM
R.I.P Bryce Courtenay! You had me hooked from the time I read The Power of One! Thank you all your wonderful stories, I shall miss your wonderful writing. Deepest sympathy to family and friends.Margaret Dungan Friday 23 November, 2012 - 3:39 PM