- 'Better late than never': Archbishop
- Pair found guilty over Brunswick panel beaters defensive homicide
- Bag snatcher targets blind woman in Keysborough
- Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving with suspended licence
- Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' baby remark
- Vale Hackforth-Jones, mainstay of film and TV
- SMS sparked David Warner's Twitter tirade
- Police search for missing paraglider
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jenny on Bag snatcher targets blind woman in ... Welcome to the new Australia! We are on our way down under the lowest of the lowest. We are so full of ourselves and the ... more
- Trent on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... get over it ! they never called the baby ugly ! the nrl footy show is much better tv then our afl footy show !@ if this is ... more
- IAN on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... If I was the NRL Show I would tell the parents to have a good look at themselves and take a COLD shower. more
- JamesD on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... The Footy Show in Melbourne and Sydney is a disgrace. Newman for years has behaved so poorly with his humiliation of people ... more
- jgl Melb on Ricky Nixon allegedly drink driving ... Despite any and all efforts to the contrary, an idiot,especially those of the arrogant genre,will never be educated. more
- Peggy on Bag snatcher targets blind woman in ... What a pity that the person witnessing this did not take note of the rego.What sort of a low life would do this? Cowards ... more
- Paddy on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... I can just hear the Judge seeking guidance from the Chief Judge how "ugly" might be determined and after much back and forth ... more
- Willow on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Hang on here, believe it was a friend who sent this to the NRL Footy Sshow. Perhaps the family should be pointing their ire ... more
- Mal on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... That what happens when you put photo's on facebook, it a public forum and anybody who puts anything on it deserves the ... more
- Aria Judilla on Nine refuses to apologise for 'ugly' ... Poor kid has no hope in life anyway - his parents watch the footy show. more
- Robert Rich on Cleveland's Charles Ramsey Songified God Bless You Man more
- linda on Is Celebrity Splash the worst ... This is poo TV at its best more
- steve on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... We need a train to go to the airport but city link gets looked after very well wake up victoria more
- Frank on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... TRUCKS GOING THROUGH TRAIN CROSSINGS WHILE THE BOOM GATES ARE DOWN TRUCKS ARE ALLWAYS IN RUSH.. PETROL TANKERS ROLLING OVER ... more
- wayne on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... To David 17 may - people have got the a right to make a comment dont call peoples comment stupid..I belive a normal Train ... more
- Mark on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... I wish all us truck drivers get some balls and just stop driving for a week and then you would see all these pathetic ... more
- Rory macneill on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... It's bit like a man debating with a bearded woman. more
- Malcolm Deetlefs on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... As an undersized youth and pushed around, my father took me to a boxing in South Africa. After ten years in the sport I grew ... more
- DavidR on Heartless Clayton thief steals from ... How does a thief know who he is stealing from??? more
- bc on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... dennis got his pay rise should get mighty mick gatto in the ring with napthine with the support of all victorians and sit ... more
Bikie won't deal with police
TUESDAY 4PM: Police have executed search warrants in Brunswick following the shooting of a Bandido's bikie on Monday.
Police have seized CCTV footage from Doherty's Gym and the neighbouring Bandidos clubhouse.
Bandidos 'sergeant at arms', Toby Mitchell, was shot three times outside the gym. The gunman and his accomplice remain on the loose.
Detective Superintendent Brett Guerin says a crime like this takes seconds to execute but the investigations are usually very lengthy.
He told 3AW on Tuesday afternoon the witness descriptions of the two men wanted in relation to the crime are sketchy, the Detective Inspector saying they may have 'been wearing wigs'.
*Scroll below the article and image to hear Sly Of The Underworld's colourful segment on 3AW Breakfast and Neil Mitchell's interview with the very candid Brett Guerin*
TUESDAY 12PM: Taskforce Echo police are speaking with members of the Bandidos motorcycle gang after their 'sergeant at arms' was shot just metres from their Brunswick clubhouse on Monday.
Toby Mitchell, 37, is refusing to co-operate with police as he recovers in hospital from three gunshot wounds to his hip and back.
Two unidentified gunmen fired more than half a dozen shots at him as he stood on the footpath outside Doherty's Gym at 4:30pm. They remain at large.
Detective Superintendent Brett Guerin says while it appears Mitchell was the target he doesn't believe professional gunmen were involved.
TUESDAY 10AM: Police investigating the shooting of Bandido bikie Toby Mitchell claim the spray of shots from a moving car just missed a man and his two children.
Mitchell remains in hospital after undergoing surgery.
Investigators are setting up an information caravan at the Barkly Shopping Centre carpark in Brunswick todayto appeal for witnesses.
Detective Superintendent Brett Guerin says it appears two gunmen shot at Mitchell as he left nearby Doherty's Gym and one of the bullets hit a car, being driven by a man with two young children on board.
TUESDAY 9AM: The getaway car involved in the shooting of a Bandido bikie in Brunswick has been found, torched.
The charcoal grey Ford Territory was set alight outside a construction site off Galada Avenue around 10.30pm on Monday.
It's close to some residental homes, and this morning residents were shocked to learn it is linked to yesterday's shooting of Bandido bikie Toby Mitchell.
The charred remains of the vehicle has now been removed to be forensically examined.
Mitchell has undergone surgery after being shot in the stomach outside Doherty's Gym near the Barkly Square Shopping Centre.
Scroll down for The Age's detailed report into the links the shooting victim has to some of the biggest names in Melbourne underworld.
UPDATE: A senior member of an outlaw motorcycle gang was shot in broad daylight in what was believed to be a revenge attack linked to prominent underworld figures.
Police are investigating whether yesterday afternoon's shooting of Bandidos' sergeant-at-arms Toby Mitchell was payback for the recent bashing of a man with links to the camp of slain underworld killer Carl Williams.
Mitchell is a former champion heavyweight kickboxer and has been linked romantically with Danielle McGuire, the former partner of Tony Mokbel, who is in jail on drugs charges.
In 2003, Mitchell was interviewed by detectives from the Purana Taskforce over the death of Mark Mallia, although he was not charged. Williams pleaded guilty to Mallia's murder in 2007.
Gunshots rang out across Brunswick's Barkly Square shopping centre car park about 4.30pm, when Mitchell was shot up to six times outside Doherty's Gym on Weston Street. It is believed there is also a bikie clubhouse in the street.
Mitchell, 37, was treated at the scene by paramedics and taken to the Royal Melbourne Hospital in a serious but stable condition to receive emergency surgery. It is believed several members of his motorcycle gang attended the hospital.
One female witness emerged from the rear of a police car, where she was asked by police to remove her blood-stained singlet, replacing it with one provided by the nearby gym.
After the shooting, Mitchell is believed to have made his way into the car park. Heavily armed police later cordoned off the area where several bloodied towels lay. Members of the Special Operations Group also attended the scene.
The gunman drove off in a charcoal-grey 2011 Ford Territory with stolen plates, WIA 651.
''The situation is we have a gunman loose and we don't know where he is,'' Acting Superintendent Stephen Mutton said at the scene. ''We have a shopping centre here. There are a lot of families doing their day-to-day business. Fortunately, there was only one [person] seriously injured.''
One regular at the gym said it was a quiet, family run gym. ''Sure there were some big guys around but it was pretty friendly, people usually respected each other,'' he said.
It is uncertain whether the Brunswick shooting is linked to another shooting at the weekend in which a Comanchero gang member was shot in the foot.
IMAGE: Toby Mitchell in action (Fairfax Photos).
PLAY: Sly Of The Underworld and a frank Victoria Police interview
Information to Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au.
DO YOU KNOW MORE?
TALKBACK LINE: 96 900 693 or 13 13 32 if outside Melbourne
EMAIL US PHOTOS: email@example.com
THE LATEST: Police are setting up a crime scene after a drive by shooting in St Albans nearly five hours after the incident. Two adults and two teenagers were in the house at the time. Click on the image on the right for more details and audio.
To the iodiot who posted
"Vic Police... be proud of yourselves, people are learning your force CANNOT be trusted ... In any situation :(". We'll,I see you're gutsy enough not to leave your name. It's idiots like you that give our boys in blue a bad name.Mark Wednesday 30 November, 2011 - 1:27 PM
Still fighting over Tony's scraps.(in more ways than one)Brett Wednesday 30 November, 2011 - 10:15 AM
Vic Police... be proud of yourselves, people are learning your force CANNOT be trusted ... In any situation :(anon Wednesday 30 November, 2011 - 9:50 AM
I wonder if he had ambulance cover?
If he will not play ball with Police then withdraw all pain killing medication until he does.Fair enough Tuesday 29 November, 2011 - 4:18 PM
Keep your head down>!Steve Tuesday 29 November, 2011 - 11:20 AM
Sharpen your pencil Sly...Anne Tuesday 29 November, 2011 - 9:31 AM