- Bombers battered in court
- Terror raids: Sydney man charged over terrorism plot
- Attempted tobacco smuggling ring busted in Port Melbourne
- RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard thief checking in for 'other matters' at police station
- McCartney responds to rift rumours
- Carlton tram creep touching women passengers
- Teen attacked along Dandenong Creek
- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Willow on Bombers battered in court About time, justice at last. A lesson to players for the future, do not take part in experiments just because your Club and ... more
- Aria Judillaa on Bombers battered in court Sorry Hird, but when people start challenging the validity of an investigation it's pretty obvious they have something to ... more
- Iain on Bombers battered in court I wonder if Essendon get it know..Justice Middleton is well respected and agrees they have a case to answer. Essendon: take ... more
- Stephen on Bombers battered in court Time to move on and draw a line under this by all sides. The evidence is not there or this would have been put to bed by ... more
- IBARKER on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Great result for the Person that had his Boards Stolen. more
- RFor on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... LOVE IT !!!Like the other one a few weeks ago- Pollys Questn. Suspect, he says no not me, shows his brothers I.D. - Pollys ... more
- Jodie O'Donovan on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Sounds like the bloke who robbed my house while I was across the road at work, watching him. My husband ran to the house to ... more
- David T. on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... This is one thief who is totally unsuited to his chosen career. more
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
Bikie won't deal with police
TUESDAY 4PM: Police have executed search warrants in Brunswick following the shooting of a Bandido's bikie on Monday.
Police have seized CCTV footage from Doherty's Gym and the neighbouring Bandidos clubhouse.
Bandidos 'sergeant at arms', Toby Mitchell, was shot three times outside the gym. The gunman and his accomplice remain on the loose.
Detective Superintendent Brett Guerin says a crime like this takes seconds to execute but the investigations are usually very lengthy.
He told 3AW on Tuesday afternoon the witness descriptions of the two men wanted in relation to the crime are sketchy, the Detective Inspector saying they may have 'been wearing wigs'.
*Scroll below the article and image to hear Sly Of The Underworld's colourful segment on 3AW Breakfast and Neil Mitchell's interview with the very candid Brett Guerin*
TUESDAY 12PM: Taskforce Echo police are speaking with members of the Bandidos motorcycle gang after their 'sergeant at arms' was shot just metres from their Brunswick clubhouse on Monday.
Toby Mitchell, 37, is refusing to co-operate with police as he recovers in hospital from three gunshot wounds to his hip and back.
Two unidentified gunmen fired more than half a dozen shots at him as he stood on the footpath outside Doherty's Gym at 4:30pm. They remain at large.
Detective Superintendent Brett Guerin says while it appears Mitchell was the target he doesn't believe professional gunmen were involved.
TUESDAY 10AM: Police investigating the shooting of Bandido bikie Toby Mitchell claim the spray of shots from a moving car just missed a man and his two children.
Mitchell remains in hospital after undergoing surgery.
Investigators are setting up an information caravan at the Barkly Shopping Centre carpark in Brunswick todayto appeal for witnesses.
Detective Superintendent Brett Guerin says it appears two gunmen shot at Mitchell as he left nearby Doherty's Gym and one of the bullets hit a car, being driven by a man with two young children on board.
TUESDAY 9AM: The getaway car involved in the shooting of a Bandido bikie in Brunswick has been found, torched.
The charcoal grey Ford Territory was set alight outside a construction site off Galada Avenue around 10.30pm on Monday.
It's close to some residental homes, and this morning residents were shocked to learn it is linked to yesterday's shooting of Bandido bikie Toby Mitchell.
The charred remains of the vehicle has now been removed to be forensically examined.
Mitchell has undergone surgery after being shot in the stomach outside Doherty's Gym near the Barkly Square Shopping Centre.
Scroll down for The Age's detailed report into the links the shooting victim has to some of the biggest names in Melbourne underworld.
UPDATE: A senior member of an outlaw motorcycle gang was shot in broad daylight in what was believed to be a revenge attack linked to prominent underworld figures.
Police are investigating whether yesterday afternoon's shooting of Bandidos' sergeant-at-arms Toby Mitchell was payback for the recent bashing of a man with links to the camp of slain underworld killer Carl Williams.
Mitchell is a former champion heavyweight kickboxer and has been linked romantically with Danielle McGuire, the former partner of Tony Mokbel, who is in jail on drugs charges.
In 2003, Mitchell was interviewed by detectives from the Purana Taskforce over the death of Mark Mallia, although he was not charged. Williams pleaded guilty to Mallia's murder in 2007.
Gunshots rang out across Brunswick's Barkly Square shopping centre car park about 4.30pm, when Mitchell was shot up to six times outside Doherty's Gym on Weston Street. It is believed there is also a bikie clubhouse in the street.
Mitchell, 37, was treated at the scene by paramedics and taken to the Royal Melbourne Hospital in a serious but stable condition to receive emergency surgery. It is believed several members of his motorcycle gang attended the hospital.
One female witness emerged from the rear of a police car, where she was asked by police to remove her blood-stained singlet, replacing it with one provided by the nearby gym.
After the shooting, Mitchell is believed to have made his way into the car park. Heavily armed police later cordoned off the area where several bloodied towels lay. Members of the Special Operations Group also attended the scene.
The gunman drove off in a charcoal-grey 2011 Ford Territory with stolen plates, WIA 651.
''The situation is we have a gunman loose and we don't know where he is,'' Acting Superintendent Stephen Mutton said at the scene. ''We have a shopping centre here. There are a lot of families doing their day-to-day business. Fortunately, there was only one [person] seriously injured.''
One regular at the gym said it was a quiet, family run gym. ''Sure there were some big guys around but it was pretty friendly, people usually respected each other,'' he said.
It is uncertain whether the Brunswick shooting is linked to another shooting at the weekend in which a Comanchero gang member was shot in the foot.
IMAGE: Toby Mitchell in action (Fairfax Photos).
PLAY: Sly Of The Underworld and a frank Victoria Police interview
Information to Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au.
DO YOU KNOW MORE?
TALKBACK LINE: 96 900 693 or 13 13 32 if outside Melbourne
EMAIL US PHOTOS: email@example.com
THE LATEST: Police are setting up a crime scene after a drive by shooting in St Albans nearly five hours after the incident. Two adults and two teenagers were in the house at the time. Click on the image on the right for more details and audio.
To the iodiot who posted
"Vic Police... be proud of yourselves, people are learning your force CANNOT be trusted ... In any situation :(". We'll,I see you're gutsy enough not to leave your name. It's idiots like you that give our boys in blue a bad name.Mark Wednesday 30 November, 2011 - 1:27 PM
Still fighting over Tony's scraps.(in more ways than one)Brett Wednesday 30 November, 2011 - 10:15 AM
Vic Police... be proud of yourselves, people are learning your force CANNOT be trusted ... In any situation :(anon Wednesday 30 November, 2011 - 9:50 AM
I wonder if he had ambulance cover?
If he will not play ball with Police then withdraw all pain killing medication until he does.Fair enough Tuesday 29 November, 2011 - 4:18 PM
Keep your head down>!Steve Tuesday 29 November, 2011 - 11:20 AM
Sharpen your pencil Sly...Anne Tuesday 29 November, 2011 - 9:31 AM