- Bombers battered in court
- Terror raids: Sydney man charged over terrorism plot
- Attempted tobacco smuggling ring busted in Port Melbourne
- RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard thief checking in for 'other matters' at police station
- McCartney responds to rift rumours
- Carlton tram creep touching women passengers
- Teen attacked along Dandenong Creek
- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Willow on Bombers battered in court About time, justice at last. A lesson to players for the future, do not take part in experiments just because your Club and ... more
- Aria Judillaa on Bombers battered in court Sorry Hird, but when people start challenging the validity of an investigation it's pretty obvious they have something to ... more
- Iain on Bombers battered in court I wonder if Essendon get it know..Justice Middleton is well respected and agrees they have a case to answer. Essendon: take ... more
- Stephen on Bombers battered in court Time to move on and draw a line under this by all sides. The evidence is not there or this would have been put to bed by ... more
- IBARKER on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Great result for the Person that had his Boards Stolen. more
- RFor on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... LOVE IT !!!Like the other one a few weeks ago- Pollys Questn. Suspect, he says no not me, shows his brothers I.D. - Pollys ... more
- Jodie O'Donovan on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Sounds like the bloke who robbed my house while I was across the road at work, watching him. My husband ran to the house to ... more
- David T. on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... This is one thief who is totally unsuited to his chosen career. more
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
Boston bombers deserve 'sentence of death'
This Morning Melbourne time an appalling bomb attack killed at least 3 people and wounded around 150 in Boston. While no one has yet claimed responsibility for the incident, President Obama has already made it clear that those responsible will “feel the full weight of justice”.
Some of the descriptions of the attack’s immediate aftermath that have emerged are horrific.
Witnesses spoke of dozens of people with limbs missing, with those same limbs scattered about in plain view.
Medical facilities were quickly overwhelmed by those requiring immediate treatment to avoid death.
Windows on large nearby buildings were shattered, and blood lay in pools everywhere.
In summary – the finish line of the Boston Marathon was a scene of utter carnage just hours ago.
And yet, it seems both the runners and spectators were lucky, as although 2 bombs exploded, another 2 were located and defused before they went off.
Although we don’t know who was responsible, the fact that this attack was designed to maximise both casualties and terror during a normally fun sporting event has set tongues wagging.
In Jordan, an Al-Quaeda supporter named Mohammed al-Chalabi has stated that he was “happy to see the horror in America” and that “American blood isn’t more precious than Muslim blood”. The same man went on to say that this morning’s events in Boston might make people in the West realise that Arab lives are just as precious as American ones.
Such comparisons are odious in the extreme. Any deaths caused by terrorism are tragic – and what occurred today was most definitely a terrorist attack, irrespective of the perpetrator.
I doubt this bombing will lead to a new war, as the 9/11 attacks did almost 12 years ago. And I very much doubt that anything concrete will be achieved either, other than to remind people that no one is ever really safe.
There are some evil and twisted people out there who think the ends justify the means when it comes to targeting civilians. Let’s hope whomever planted these terrible bombs in Boston will soon be arrested, tried and subject to the maximum penalty America can apply – which hopefully will be a sentence of death…
The two patsy's that are blamed for the attack wont be allowed to survive. One is dead already. I bet they worked out that they were setup by black ops and tried to fight their way out. They were to be used to blame gun owners by Obama regime. Its the biggest story since Watergate if the media investigates further. They wont the script is being followed. Obama is a traitor.jay silk Friday 19 April, 2013 - 8:34 PM
Tom, if you consider yourself to be an intelligent individual, you will understand that the threat of death actually actually inspires mentally unbalanced persons to committ these kinds of heinous crimes, for they love death more than they love life.Linda Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 4:07 PM
"Tell me again how many civilians have been killed in drone strikes in Pakistan by the US targeting terrorists? But hey, the end justifies the means... when it's not happening to first world countries."
damn right, i have to say. americans have had too easy for too long when war was fought in other countries, and the only thing americans worried abt was whether they could get the latest smartphone before anyone else.
If the US government is going to start a war, then no surprises that it's coming home.gumbah Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 12:57 PM
I extend my deepest sympathy for my brothers & sisters in Boston which were subject to a henious and cowardly act as precisely described by president Obama- with every other Australian I mourn.I would also like to mention I that the actions of the henious Family Court of Australia claims hundreds of our childrens' lives every year without ozzies batting an even eyelid.Dom Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 10:37 AM
We need the death penalty for crimes a lot less heinous than this bombing,BRING IT BACK......Gazza Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 8:17 AM
"There are some evil and twisted people out there who think the ends justify the means when it comes to targeting civilians."
Tell me again how many civilians have been killed in drone strikes in Pakistan by the US targeting terrorists? But hey, the end justifies the means... when it's not happening to first world countries.mick Tuesday 16 April, 2013 - 11:31 PM