- Ebola virus diagnosed in the US
- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- Out-of-control driver smashes into Hawthorn home fence
- Labor leads election polls
- Body found after Mt Helen house fire
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
- Ed Niemiec on Police put on high alert Well done Vic Pol!! more
- Jackie on Police put on high alert I hope both officers, recover well. Feeling very much for them, their families, friends and colleagues. more
- John Thompson on Police put on high alert our brave defenders of law and order once again probabley having to pay a price for just doing their job and what a job they ... more
Boston bombers deserve 'sentence of death'
This Morning Melbourne time an appalling bomb attack killed at least 3 people and wounded around 150 in Boston. While no one has yet claimed responsibility for the incident, President Obama has already made it clear that those responsible will “feel the full weight of justice”.
Some of the descriptions of the attack’s immediate aftermath that have emerged are horrific.
Witnesses spoke of dozens of people with limbs missing, with those same limbs scattered about in plain view.
Medical facilities were quickly overwhelmed by those requiring immediate treatment to avoid death.
Windows on large nearby buildings were shattered, and blood lay in pools everywhere.
In summary – the finish line of the Boston Marathon was a scene of utter carnage just hours ago.
And yet, it seems both the runners and spectators were lucky, as although 2 bombs exploded, another 2 were located and defused before they went off.
Although we don’t know who was responsible, the fact that this attack was designed to maximise both casualties and terror during a normally fun sporting event has set tongues wagging.
In Jordan, an Al-Quaeda supporter named Mohammed al-Chalabi has stated that he was “happy to see the horror in America” and that “American blood isn’t more precious than Muslim blood”. The same man went on to say that this morning’s events in Boston might make people in the West realise that Arab lives are just as precious as American ones.
Such comparisons are odious in the extreme. Any deaths caused by terrorism are tragic – and what occurred today was most definitely a terrorist attack, irrespective of the perpetrator.
I doubt this bombing will lead to a new war, as the 9/11 attacks did almost 12 years ago. And I very much doubt that anything concrete will be achieved either, other than to remind people that no one is ever really safe.
There are some evil and twisted people out there who think the ends justify the means when it comes to targeting civilians. Let’s hope whomever planted these terrible bombs in Boston will soon be arrested, tried and subject to the maximum penalty America can apply – which hopefully will be a sentence of death…
The two patsy's that are blamed for the attack wont be allowed to survive. One is dead already. I bet they worked out that they were setup by black ops and tried to fight their way out. They were to be used to blame gun owners by Obama regime. Its the biggest story since Watergate if the media investigates further. They wont the script is being followed. Obama is a traitor.jay silk Friday 19 April, 2013 - 8:34 PM
Tom, if you consider yourself to be an intelligent individual, you will understand that the threat of death actually actually inspires mentally unbalanced persons to committ these kinds of heinous crimes, for they love death more than they love life.Linda Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 4:07 PM
"Tell me again how many civilians have been killed in drone strikes in Pakistan by the US targeting terrorists? But hey, the end justifies the means... when it's not happening to first world countries."
damn right, i have to say. americans have had too easy for too long when war was fought in other countries, and the only thing americans worried abt was whether they could get the latest smartphone before anyone else.
If the US government is going to start a war, then no surprises that it's coming home.gumbah Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 12:57 PM
I extend my deepest sympathy for my brothers & sisters in Boston which were subject to a henious and cowardly act as precisely described by president Obama- with every other Australian I mourn.I would also like to mention I that the actions of the henious Family Court of Australia claims hundreds of our childrens' lives every year without ozzies batting an even eyelid.Dom Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 10:37 AM
We need the death penalty for crimes a lot less heinous than this bombing,BRING IT BACK......Gazza Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 8:17 AM
"There are some evil and twisted people out there who think the ends justify the means when it comes to targeting civilians."
Tell me again how many civilians have been killed in drone strikes in Pakistan by the US targeting terrorists? But hey, the end justifies the means... when it's not happening to first world countries.mick Tuesday 16 April, 2013 - 11:31 PM