- Fires threaten the North East
- Bus driver headbutted in ugly attack
- Siege gunman had a gun licence
- Guy announces new shadow cabinet
- 'A cowardly way of getting back'
- $6m drug ring smashed in suburban raids
- Possible bomb threat in Canberra
- Muslim leader's 'copycat' fear
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Lukew on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege Certain amount of boot in mouth there Colin more
- Craig on Bus driver headbutted in ugly attack What happened to the Barriers to protect drivers that where going to be put in the bus's back in February!!???? more
- PJ on Fires threaten the North East And whats Andrews doing? Still showing how brave he is walking up and down Burke Street? more
- Auguste Rodin on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege Listen Colin, you don't know Mitchell either, he zoomed back from wherever like a robber's dog! I would have bet a lot of ... more
- Auguste Rodin on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege Very sad the whole affair. I wonder why it was necessary to fire so many rounds during the final stages, they only had one ... more
- Benny on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege I have actually Colin, and I've seen him on seven news too. I also know that Neil Mitchell is a very well respected ... more
- Jim on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege To our beautiful fellow Australians we have lost in very tragic circumstances , our hearts are with you ... To our brothers ... more
- acetrim on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege the people to blame are ones who let this lunatic into the country when we complained you called us all racist the had the ... more
- Ekrem Fuldagli on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege Dear Community and friends, As Chairman of our association I would like to offer our heartfelt condolences to the family and ... more
- Mckenna_pj@hotmail.com on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege Nick McCallum should be the holiday relief for Jon Faine not Neil Mitchell lol more
- Colin Lacivita on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege You were right Benny Neil Mitchell is back! But I was not wrong to say Nick McCallum is doing a fantastic job replacing ... more
- Caz on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege OMG.I had to go into media lock down yesterday.The ammount of times they showed the woman running towards the police in ... more
- Mandy on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege I am again dissapointed in finding out this thing was out on bail he was and is a severe threat to Aust and now all this ... more
- Jane on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege We all knew Neil would be in tomorrow! Don't know why as Nick is perfectly able to cover this tragic story..it makes him ... more
- Gloria on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege Well Benny you were right, we all know that Neil loves to cover the big stories. The judiciary has a lot to answer to as why ... more
- Jane on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege The judiciary has a lot to answer for in allowing him bail for his alleged crimes and so does our laws in not allowing ... more
- Sinbad on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege Would you like cream or ice-cream with your humble pie Colin? more
- Jane on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege Two hostages dead. So very tragic and heartbreaking. One vermin exterminated. more
- Colin Lacivita on Two hostages killed in Sydney siege Listen Benny you know nothing about Neil Mitchell he is overseas on his Christmas holiday break.Nick McCallum is doing a ... more
- Tex Morton on Is this the promise Victorians want ... It was always the vocal minority's that didn't want it. Who really wants gridlock. You can't end a 6 lane freeway at a set ... more
Boston bombers deserve 'sentence of death'
This Morning Melbourne time an appalling bomb attack killed at least 3 people and wounded around 150 in Boston. While no one has yet claimed responsibility for the incident, President Obama has already made it clear that those responsible will “feel the full weight of justice”.
Some of the descriptions of the attack’s immediate aftermath that have emerged are horrific.
Witnesses spoke of dozens of people with limbs missing, with those same limbs scattered about in plain view.
Medical facilities were quickly overwhelmed by those requiring immediate treatment to avoid death.
Windows on large nearby buildings were shattered, and blood lay in pools everywhere.
In summary – the finish line of the Boston Marathon was a scene of utter carnage just hours ago.
And yet, it seems both the runners and spectators were lucky, as although 2 bombs exploded, another 2 were located and defused before they went off.
Although we don’t know who was responsible, the fact that this attack was designed to maximise both casualties and terror during a normally fun sporting event has set tongues wagging.
In Jordan, an Al-Quaeda supporter named Mohammed al-Chalabi has stated that he was “happy to see the horror in America” and that “American blood isn’t more precious than Muslim blood”. The same man went on to say that this morning’s events in Boston might make people in the West realise that Arab lives are just as precious as American ones.
Such comparisons are odious in the extreme. Any deaths caused by terrorism are tragic – and what occurred today was most definitely a terrorist attack, irrespective of the perpetrator.
I doubt this bombing will lead to a new war, as the 9/11 attacks did almost 12 years ago. And I very much doubt that anything concrete will be achieved either, other than to remind people that no one is ever really safe.
There are some evil and twisted people out there who think the ends justify the means when it comes to targeting civilians. Let’s hope whomever planted these terrible bombs in Boston will soon be arrested, tried and subject to the maximum penalty America can apply – which hopefully will be a sentence of death…
The two patsy's that are blamed for the attack wont be allowed to survive. One is dead already. I bet they worked out that they were setup by black ops and tried to fight their way out. They were to be used to blame gun owners by Obama regime. Its the biggest story since Watergate if the media investigates further. They wont the script is being followed. Obama is a traitor.jay silk Friday 19 April, 2013 - 8:34 PM
Tom, if you consider yourself to be an intelligent individual, you will understand that the threat of death actually actually inspires mentally unbalanced persons to committ these kinds of heinous crimes, for they love death more than they love life.Linda Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 4:07 PM
"Tell me again how many civilians have been killed in drone strikes in Pakistan by the US targeting terrorists? But hey, the end justifies the means... when it's not happening to first world countries."
damn right, i have to say. americans have had too easy for too long when war was fought in other countries, and the only thing americans worried abt was whether they could get the latest smartphone before anyone else.
If the US government is going to start a war, then no surprises that it's coming home.gumbah Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 12:57 PM
I extend my deepest sympathy for my brothers & sisters in Boston which were subject to a henious and cowardly act as precisely described by president Obama- with every other Australian I mourn.I would also like to mention I that the actions of the henious Family Court of Australia claims hundreds of our childrens' lives every year without ozzies batting an even eyelid.Dom Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 10:37 AM
We need the death penalty for crimes a lot less heinous than this bombing,BRING IT BACK......Gazza Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 8:17 AM
"There are some evil and twisted people out there who think the ends justify the means when it comes to targeting civilians."
Tell me again how many civilians have been killed in drone strikes in Pakistan by the US targeting terrorists? But hey, the end justifies the means... when it's not happening to first world countries.mick Tuesday 16 April, 2013 - 11:31 PM