- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Boston bombers deserve 'sentence of death'
This Morning Melbourne time an appalling bomb attack killed at least 3 people and wounded around 150 in Boston. While no one has yet claimed responsibility for the incident, President Obama has already made it clear that those responsible will “feel the full weight of justice”.
Some of the descriptions of the attack’s immediate aftermath that have emerged are horrific.
Witnesses spoke of dozens of people with limbs missing, with those same limbs scattered about in plain view.
Medical facilities were quickly overwhelmed by those requiring immediate treatment to avoid death.
Windows on large nearby buildings were shattered, and blood lay in pools everywhere.
In summary – the finish line of the Boston Marathon was a scene of utter carnage just hours ago.
And yet, it seems both the runners and spectators were lucky, as although 2 bombs exploded, another 2 were located and defused before they went off.
Although we don’t know who was responsible, the fact that this attack was designed to maximise both casualties and terror during a normally fun sporting event has set tongues wagging.
In Jordan, an Al-Quaeda supporter named Mohammed al-Chalabi has stated that he was “happy to see the horror in America” and that “American blood isn’t more precious than Muslim blood”. The same man went on to say that this morning’s events in Boston might make people in the West realise that Arab lives are just as precious as American ones.
Such comparisons are odious in the extreme. Any deaths caused by terrorism are tragic – and what occurred today was most definitely a terrorist attack, irrespective of the perpetrator.
I doubt this bombing will lead to a new war, as the 9/11 attacks did almost 12 years ago. And I very much doubt that anything concrete will be achieved either, other than to remind people that no one is ever really safe.
There are some evil and twisted people out there who think the ends justify the means when it comes to targeting civilians. Let’s hope whomever planted these terrible bombs in Boston will soon be arrested, tried and subject to the maximum penalty America can apply – which hopefully will be a sentence of death…
The two patsy's that are blamed for the attack wont be allowed to survive. One is dead already. I bet they worked out that they were setup by black ops and tried to fight their way out. They were to be used to blame gun owners by Obama regime. Its the biggest story since Watergate if the media investigates further. They wont the script is being followed. Obama is a traitor.jay silk Friday 19 April, 2013 - 8:34 PM
Tom, if you consider yourself to be an intelligent individual, you will understand that the threat of death actually actually inspires mentally unbalanced persons to committ these kinds of heinous crimes, for they love death more than they love life.Linda Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 4:07 PM
"Tell me again how many civilians have been killed in drone strikes in Pakistan by the US targeting terrorists? But hey, the end justifies the means... when it's not happening to first world countries."
damn right, i have to say. americans have had too easy for too long when war was fought in other countries, and the only thing americans worried abt was whether they could get the latest smartphone before anyone else.
If the US government is going to start a war, then no surprises that it's coming home.gumbah Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 12:57 PM
I extend my deepest sympathy for my brothers & sisters in Boston which were subject to a henious and cowardly act as precisely described by president Obama- with every other Australian I mourn.I would also like to mention I that the actions of the henious Family Court of Australia claims hundreds of our childrens' lives every year without ozzies batting an even eyelid.Dom Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 10:37 AM
We need the death penalty for crimes a lot less heinous than this bombing,BRING IT BACK......Gazza Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 8:17 AM
"There are some evil and twisted people out there who think the ends justify the means when it comes to targeting civilians."
Tell me again how many civilians have been killed in drone strikes in Pakistan by the US targeting terrorists? But hey, the end justifies the means... when it's not happening to first world countries.mick Tuesday 16 April, 2013 - 11:31 PM