- Bayswater gas leak
- Sports star parents' scary ambo wait
- GWS joins gay marriage debate
- Smoking cops 'not a good look'
- Sly's Policeman of the year award
- Husband's 'brutal' bludgeoning to stop wife moving
- The most powerful selfie ever?
- Bung case not limited to one man: Lay
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- John Shields on ASADA set to charge Bombers: Sly Ahmed Saad has been individually penalised for his indiscretion so when are the Bomber players going to be charged ,Watson ... more
- Sinbad on Sly's Policeman of the year award Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......ahhhh 'fruitloop'....time to fortify the gates, set the alarms and take a double dose of ... more
- Emerald on GWS joins gay marriage debate I don't think anyone coming out in support of marriage equality is playing politics, only homophobes would see it that way. more
- 3am drunken cops on Sly's Policeman of the year award Provocation is no defence in Vic, but cheap drinks at the police club is the square up.Computers can only give you so much ... more
- Peggy on Preston road rage caught on camera But Neil, the ute is registered and it still happened. Isn't paying rego meant to stop this from happening?Bill from ... more
- PH on Smoking cops 'not a good look' I think you mean discreet (secretive) rather than discrete (separate).Let's hope they used an ashtray and didn't illegally ... more
- GIW on GWS joins gay marriage debate I wonder if ALL the players are in accord with this and will they display a rainbow logo on their jumpers? more
- David R on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Is smoking Illegal? No. Then what does it matter? more
- Steve on Sly's Policeman of the year award Must be a mate of slys>.. more
- Steve on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... All manufacturing in this country is on shaky ground because of union demands for high wages who's next to fold up?? more
- C. McDonald on Having issues streaming 3AW? I moved to Daylesford and cannot get 3AW although driving along the Calder to bendigo and then Echuca in my car I can get AW ... more
- Maureen on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... The unions don't get it. They are the reason that manufacturing is doomed in Australia. That, and years of a useless Labor ... more
- Jake on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Lay has presided over the new image of black-shirt gestapo police, so who cares about the smoking. more
- Pradman on Murder suspect in dispute over plaster ... He should have got a job with Mick Gatto; easier than plastering. more
- Give Up on Having issues streaming 3AW? I can't listen or watch 3AW any more - so sad. Will have to stick to the odd hour or two in the car. more
- Pradman on Video: Shark in Port Phillip Bay? There are plenty of bronze whalers seen in the bay every year from Rye to the heads. They clean up the dead seal carcasses. more
- Wayne on Preston road rage caught on camera This footage clearly shows the suction cup of a window mount for the phone so this recording is no more illegal than someone ... more
- nik on Preston road rage caught on camera I'm amazed the pic wasn't photoshopped and the use replaced with a bike! more
- bc on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... ask mud guts hockey to take a pay cut not on your life buddy neil ask hockey how much is it costing the tax payers flying ... more
- double standards for coppers on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Former Victoria Police detective Charlie Bezzina, who has(had) 38 years experience in force, says sometimes internal police ... more
Boston bombers deserve 'sentence of death'
This Morning Melbourne time an appalling bomb attack killed at least 3 people and wounded around 150 in Boston. While no one has yet claimed responsibility for the incident, President Obama has already made it clear that those responsible will “feel the full weight of justice”.
Some of the descriptions of the attack’s immediate aftermath that have emerged are horrific.
Witnesses spoke of dozens of people with limbs missing, with those same limbs scattered about in plain view.
Medical facilities were quickly overwhelmed by those requiring immediate treatment to avoid death.
Windows on large nearby buildings were shattered, and blood lay in pools everywhere.
In summary – the finish line of the Boston Marathon was a scene of utter carnage just hours ago.
And yet, it seems both the runners and spectators were lucky, as although 2 bombs exploded, another 2 were located and defused before they went off.
Although we don’t know who was responsible, the fact that this attack was designed to maximise both casualties and terror during a normally fun sporting event has set tongues wagging.
In Jordan, an Al-Quaeda supporter named Mohammed al-Chalabi has stated that he was “happy to see the horror in America” and that “American blood isn’t more precious than Muslim blood”. The same man went on to say that this morning’s events in Boston might make people in the West realise that Arab lives are just as precious as American ones.
Such comparisons are odious in the extreme. Any deaths caused by terrorism are tragic – and what occurred today was most definitely a terrorist attack, irrespective of the perpetrator.
I doubt this bombing will lead to a new war, as the 9/11 attacks did almost 12 years ago. And I very much doubt that anything concrete will be achieved either, other than to remind people that no one is ever really safe.
There are some evil and twisted people out there who think the ends justify the means when it comes to targeting civilians. Let’s hope whomever planted these terrible bombs in Boston will soon be arrested, tried and subject to the maximum penalty America can apply – which hopefully will be a sentence of death…
The two patsy's that are blamed for the attack wont be allowed to survive. One is dead already. I bet they worked out that they were setup by black ops and tried to fight their way out. They were to be used to blame gun owners by Obama regime. Its the biggest story since Watergate if the media investigates further. They wont the script is being followed. Obama is a traitor.jay silk Friday 19 April, 2013 - 8:34 PM
Tom, if you consider yourself to be an intelligent individual, you will understand that the threat of death actually actually inspires mentally unbalanced persons to committ these kinds of heinous crimes, for they love death more than they love life.Linda Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 4:07 PM
"Tell me again how many civilians have been killed in drone strikes in Pakistan by the US targeting terrorists? But hey, the end justifies the means... when it's not happening to first world countries."
damn right, i have to say. americans have had too easy for too long when war was fought in other countries, and the only thing americans worried abt was whether they could get the latest smartphone before anyone else.
If the US government is going to start a war, then no surprises that it's coming home.gumbah Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 12:57 PM
I extend my deepest sympathy for my brothers & sisters in Boston which were subject to a henious and cowardly act as precisely described by president Obama- with every other Australian I mourn.I would also like to mention I that the actions of the henious Family Court of Australia claims hundreds of our childrens' lives every year without ozzies batting an even eyelid.Dom Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 10:37 AM
We need the death penalty for crimes a lot less heinous than this bombing,BRING IT BACK......Gazza Wednesday 17 April, 2013 - 8:17 AM
"There are some evil and twisted people out there who think the ends justify the means when it comes to targeting civilians."
Tell me again how many civilians have been killed in drone strikes in Pakistan by the US targeting terrorists? But hey, the end justifies the means... when it's not happening to first world countries.mick Tuesday 16 April, 2013 - 11:31 PM