- Vale Hackforth-Jones, mainstay of film and TV
- SMS sparked David Warner's Twitter tirade
- Police search for missing paraglider
- CONTENT WARNING: Man king-hit in by mystery man
- Tony Mokbel loses appeal against drug trafficking conviction
- Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with Neil Mitchell over anti-boxing comments
- Tullamarine traffic chaos set to continue throughout evening peak
- Man in serious condition after gas bottle explosion
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- dan on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... Unfortunately when Neil comes out with 'ban boxing' it waters down what is a fair argument, that there should be more ... more
- David on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Great idea more trains and less trucks on the road. When was the last time you saw train do a delivery to a building site or ... more
- Turkey on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... To many bottom feeders in the road transport game these days. more
- Luke on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Thank God we don't have the East-West Link, otherwise traffic would be backed up on the Eastern as well!!!!!!! more
- Tony on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... What the hell is wrong with this society? Every comment is about blaming someone, blaming the government or winging about ... more
- Mad Rooster on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Checked Vic Roads app at 7.04am (30 mins after accident) and it says traffic on Tulla / Citylink from Brunswick Rd to ... more
- Jillian on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Why do things like this happen during the peak hour on any working day? more
- MAC on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Or your could try catching public transport....UH-no, wait, cant do that, would shrink our tiny manhood to much not to BE IN ... more
- Rumpole on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... More trains and rail freight and less trucks on the road! The 600 people on my train made it to work this morning and i got ... more
- david mccrossan on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Get facts right please. Its not a b double. Its a truck and dog. Used for carting sand gravel etc more
- Harry Brown on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Successive Governments fail to introduce sensible road rules like they have in UK.Trucks are only allowed in left two ... more
- Jim on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... What goes around comes around...speed, tailgating...hospital! more
- Josh on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Bofya: What an irresponsible comment! At least give the investigation a chance to assess the cause of the crash before ... more
- Dan from Wheelers Hill on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... @ Bofya Kinetiks.How about waiting to find out what happened before making stupid comments, you fool. As for 3AW, it's not a ... more
- Brian Tunstead on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Bofya Kinetiks did you witness this crash? If not, what gives you the right to automatically judge and assume the ... more
- Juy Legh on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament I have an autistic grandson. I doubt that he will ever get anything from this scheme. The proof will be in the outcomes, ... more
- Jim on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament She wasn't crying about anything other than how badly defeated she is going to be in September. September too far away! more
- Ben on Victoria's most wanted man, Graham Gene ... Well he has just been tipped off. more
- sara on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament I'm crying too Julia. Please. I'm in agony. Resign. Now. Don't wait until September. Your wonderful government has led me to ... more
- Polly on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament Julia Gillard would cry,lie,and knife you in the back to stay in power...what a piece of work more
Brave doctor and Motor Neurone Disease sufferer Ian Davis needs your help
In September last year, Dr Ian Davis learned he would be facing the biggest challenge of his life - a diagnosis of Motor Neurone Disease.
The progressive neuro-degenerative disease attacks the nervous system and leads to the weakening and wasting of muscles, loss of mobility in the limbs and difficulties with speech, swallowing and breathing.
There is currently no effective treatment and Dr Davis has been told by doctors he has two to three years to live.
The doctor started his own beer last year - Cavalier Courage to raise money for MND research.
He has now joined forces with fellow MND sufferer, Scott Sullivan, to ride one million metres - 1000 kilometres - in tandem to raise money and awareness about the disease, but he needs your help first.
Davis and Sullivan require bike a tandem bike that allows Davis to use his arms and Sullivan to use his legs.
"Scott's motor neurone disease has affected his arms and mine is in my legs so we wouldn't be able to ride a bike independently ourselves. But if you put two of us together we are like one whole man who can power a bike," Davis told Justin Smith.
"What we are looking for is a recumbent tandem bike with a hand steering mechanism and hand cycle for me and in the back a leg cycle for Scott to power the vehicle with his legs."
Dr Davis provided a photo below, saying the bike would look similar to this contraption.
Dr Davis admitted his physical condition is slowly worsening but his resolve remains steadfast.
"It's a day to day gradual weakness that grows. My left leg below the knee is completely paralyzed and I'm starting to get weakness on the thighs and in my left arm," he said.
"But while I can still physically do things I'm determined to be as active as I can.
"This disease has a tendency to make me feel very alone at times and sometimes it is very hard to come out of those periods but the kindness I'm receiving from strangers is just amazing."
i too have MND but only 9 months ago found out, so early days...onyas guys my prayers surround you, especially with your fundraising beerHerbhert Glewnnon Sunday 28 April, 2013 - 1:02 PM
You guys are an absolute inspiration.Makes Lance Armstrong look even more pathetic. The world needs more people like you for your inspiration.Good luck guys and you are in our thoughts.Brian Schaffer Friday 18 January, 2013 - 10:56 PM
hi, i to have mnd, like scott my hands arms & neck are week but my legs are still strong , add an other pusher bike to this & i will be there to helppeter hetherington Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 8:26 PM
Dr Dr. Davis. I have Motor Neuron too and just to let you know I am watching all that you do. Keep going. Very proud of you
DebbieDebbie Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 3:13 PM
Hi there, I called earlier to donate a HAND CYCLE for the doctor who is going to raise money for the MND charity.
I would like to contact the doctor direct to deliver the bike TODAY.
OR can you please pass on my details?
Cheers.Anthony Wake Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 11:11 AM
Dr Davis need to talk to Mr. Ian Sims at Greenspeed up in Knox.
http://www.greenspeed.com.au/Shane Rogers Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 11:04 AM