- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- Tottenham soccer player di(v)es
- Laverton home goes up in flames
- William and Kate avoid Melbourne on royal tour
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
Brave doctor and Motor Neurone Disease sufferer Ian Davis needs your help
In September last year, Dr Ian Davis learned he would be facing the biggest challenge of his life - a diagnosis of Motor Neurone Disease.
The progressive neuro-degenerative disease attacks the nervous system and leads to the weakening and wasting of muscles, loss of mobility in the limbs and difficulties with speech, swallowing and breathing.
There is currently no effective treatment and Dr Davis has been told by doctors he has two to three years to live.
The doctor started his own beer last year - Cavalier Courage to raise money for MND research.
He has now joined forces with fellow MND sufferer, Scott Sullivan, to ride one million metres - 1000 kilometres - in tandem to raise money and awareness about the disease, but he needs your help first.
Davis and Sullivan require bike a tandem bike that allows Davis to use his arms and Sullivan to use his legs.
"Scott's motor neurone disease has affected his arms and mine is in my legs so we wouldn't be able to ride a bike independently ourselves. But if you put two of us together we are like one whole man who can power a bike," Davis told Justin Smith.
"What we are looking for is a recumbent tandem bike with a hand steering mechanism and hand cycle for me and in the back a leg cycle for Scott to power the vehicle with his legs."
Dr Davis provided a photo below, saying the bike would look similar to this contraption.
Dr Davis admitted his physical condition is slowly worsening but his resolve remains steadfast.
"It's a day to day gradual weakness that grows. My left leg below the knee is completely paralyzed and I'm starting to get weakness on the thighs and in my left arm," he said.
"But while I can still physically do things I'm determined to be as active as I can.
"This disease has a tendency to make me feel very alone at times and sometimes it is very hard to come out of those periods but the kindness I'm receiving from strangers is just amazing."
i too have MND but only 9 months ago found out, so early days...onyas guys my prayers surround you, especially with your fundraising beerHerbhert Glewnnon Sunday 28 April, 2013 - 1:02 PM
You guys are an absolute inspiration.Makes Lance Armstrong look even more pathetic. The world needs more people like you for your inspiration.Good luck guys and you are in our thoughts.Brian Schaffer Friday 18 January, 2013 - 10:56 PM
hi, i to have mnd, like scott my hands arms & neck are week but my legs are still strong , add an other pusher bike to this & i will be there to helppeter hetherington Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 8:26 PM
Dr Dr. Davis. I have Motor Neuron too and just to let you know I am watching all that you do. Keep going. Very proud of you
DebbieDebbie Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 3:13 PM
Hi there, I called earlier to donate a HAND CYCLE for the doctor who is going to raise money for the MND charity.
I would like to contact the doctor direct to deliver the bike TODAY.
OR can you please pass on my details?
Cheers.Anthony Wake Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 11:11 AM
Dr Davis need to talk to Mr. Ian Sims at Greenspeed up in Knox.
http://www.greenspeed.com.au/Shane Rogers Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 11:04 AM