- GWS joins gay marriage debate
- Smoking cops 'not a good look'
- Sly's Policeman of the year award
- Husband's 'brutal' bludgeoning to stop wife moving
- The most powerful selfie ever?
- Bung case not limited to one man: Lay
- Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry assistance
- Concerns for missing 14-year-old
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- 3am drunken cops on Sly's Policeman of the year award Provocation is no defence in Vic, but cheap drinks at the police club is the square up.Computers can only give you so much ... more
- Peggy on Preston road rage caught on camera But Neil, the ute is registered and it still happened. Isn't paying rego meant to stop this from happening?Bill from ... more
- PH on Smoking cops 'not a good look' I think you mean discreet (secretive) rather than discrete (separate).Let's hope they used an ashtray and didn't illegally ... more
- GIW on GWS joins gay marriage debate I wonder if ALL the players are in accord with this and will they display a rainbow logo on their jumpers? more
- David R on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Is smoking Illegal? No. Then what does it matter? more
- Steve on Sly's Policeman of the year award Must be a mate of slys>.. more
- Steve on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... All manufacturing in this country is on shaky ground because of union demands for high wages who's next to fold up?? more
- C. McDonald on Having issues streaming 3AW? I moved to Daylesford and cannot get 3AW although driving along the Calder to bendigo and then Echuca in my car I can get AW ... more
- Maureen on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... The unions don't get it. They are the reason that manufacturing is doomed in Australia. That, and years of a useless Labor ... more
- Jake on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Lay has presided over the new image of black-shirt gestapo police, so who cares about the smoking. more
- Pradman on Murder suspect in dispute over plaster ... He should have got a job with Mick Gatto; easier than plastering. more
- Give Up on Having issues streaming 3AW? I can't listen or watch 3AW any more - so sad. Will have to stick to the odd hour or two in the car. more
- Pradman on Video: Shark in Port Phillip Bay? There are plenty of bronze whalers seen in the bay every year from Rye to the heads. They clean up the dead seal carcasses. more
- Wayne on Preston road rage caught on camera This footage clearly shows the suction cup of a window mount for the phone so this recording is no more illegal than someone ... more
- nik on Preston road rage caught on camera I'm amazed the pic wasn't photoshopped and the use replaced with a bike! more
- bc on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... ask mud guts hockey to take a pay cut not on your life buddy neil ask hockey how much is it costing the tax payers flying ... more
- double standards for coppers on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Former Victoria Police detective Charlie Bezzina, who has(had) 38 years experience in force, says sometimes internal police ... more
- wayne on Having issues streaming 3AW? I listen to the ABC because I still cant get any Fairfax Stations at all and the computer is two years old FIX IT more
- bigmoralcopper on Man launches petition to reel in ... Perhaps if this Steve, who by his own admission was employed for over thirty years constant,was made to follow the ... more
- oh dear on GWS joins gay marriage debate what will Gay Western Sydney do next? support climate change legislation and asylum seekers? more
Brave doctor and Motor Neurone Disease sufferer Ian Davis needs your help
In September last year, Dr Ian Davis learned he would be facing the biggest challenge of his life - a diagnosis of Motor Neurone Disease.
The progressive neuro-degenerative disease attacks the nervous system and leads to the weakening and wasting of muscles, loss of mobility in the limbs and difficulties with speech, swallowing and breathing.
There is currently no effective treatment and Dr Davis has been told by doctors he has two to three years to live.
The doctor started his own beer last year - Cavalier Courage to raise money for MND research.
He has now joined forces with fellow MND sufferer, Scott Sullivan, to ride one million metres - 1000 kilometres - in tandem to raise money and awareness about the disease, but he needs your help first.
Davis and Sullivan require bike a tandem bike that allows Davis to use his arms and Sullivan to use his legs.
"Scott's motor neurone disease has affected his arms and mine is in my legs so we wouldn't be able to ride a bike independently ourselves. But if you put two of us together we are like one whole man who can power a bike," Davis told Justin Smith.
"What we are looking for is a recumbent tandem bike with a hand steering mechanism and hand cycle for me and in the back a leg cycle for Scott to power the vehicle with his legs."
Dr Davis provided a photo below, saying the bike would look similar to this contraption.
Dr Davis admitted his physical condition is slowly worsening but his resolve remains steadfast.
"It's a day to day gradual weakness that grows. My left leg below the knee is completely paralyzed and I'm starting to get weakness on the thighs and in my left arm," he said.
"But while I can still physically do things I'm determined to be as active as I can.
"This disease has a tendency to make me feel very alone at times and sometimes it is very hard to come out of those periods but the kindness I'm receiving from strangers is just amazing."
i too have MND but only 9 months ago found out, so early days...onyas guys my prayers surround you, especially with your fundraising beerHerbhert Glewnnon Sunday 28 April, 2013 - 1:02 PM
You guys are an absolute inspiration.Makes Lance Armstrong look even more pathetic. The world needs more people like you for your inspiration.Good luck guys and you are in our thoughts.Brian Schaffer Friday 18 January, 2013 - 10:56 PM
hi, i to have mnd, like scott my hands arms & neck are week but my legs are still strong , add an other pusher bike to this & i will be there to helppeter hetherington Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 8:26 PM
Dr Dr. Davis. I have Motor Neuron too and just to let you know I am watching all that you do. Keep going. Very proud of you
DebbieDebbie Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 3:13 PM
Hi there, I called earlier to donate a HAND CYCLE for the doctor who is going to raise money for the MND charity.
I would like to contact the doctor direct to deliver the bike TODAY.
OR can you please pass on my details?
Cheers.Anthony Wake Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 11:11 AM
Dr Davis need to talk to Mr. Ian Sims at Greenspeed up in Knox.
http://www.greenspeed.com.au/Shane Rogers Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 11:04 AM