- Jim Schembri reviews: Hercules 3D, Mrs Browns Boys D'Movie and more
- 'Heads must roll, or the voters will roll you'
- On the road with Patty the poet cabbie
- Marathon hero, hamburger lover
- Peter Slipper found guilty
- Demons sign Paul Roos for another year
- Seal swims to South Yarra
- Police investigate football leg break
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
Brave doctor and Motor Neurone Disease sufferer Ian Davis needs your help
In September last year, Dr Ian Davis learned he would be facing the biggest challenge of his life - a diagnosis of Motor Neurone Disease.
The progressive neuro-degenerative disease attacks the nervous system and leads to the weakening and wasting of muscles, loss of mobility in the limbs and difficulties with speech, swallowing and breathing.
There is currently no effective treatment and Dr Davis has been told by doctors he has two to three years to live.
The doctor started his own beer last year - Cavalier Courage to raise money for MND research.
He has now joined forces with fellow MND sufferer, Scott Sullivan, to ride one million metres - 1000 kilometres - in tandem to raise money and awareness about the disease, but he needs your help first.
Davis and Sullivan require bike a tandem bike that allows Davis to use his arms and Sullivan to use his legs.
"Scott's motor neurone disease has affected his arms and mine is in my legs so we wouldn't be able to ride a bike independently ourselves. But if you put two of us together we are like one whole man who can power a bike," Davis told Justin Smith.
"What we are looking for is a recumbent tandem bike with a hand steering mechanism and hand cycle for me and in the back a leg cycle for Scott to power the vehicle with his legs."
Dr Davis provided a photo below, saying the bike would look similar to this contraption.
Dr Davis admitted his physical condition is slowly worsening but his resolve remains steadfast.
"It's a day to day gradual weakness that grows. My left leg below the knee is completely paralyzed and I'm starting to get weakness on the thighs and in my left arm," he said.
"But while I can still physically do things I'm determined to be as active as I can.
"This disease has a tendency to make me feel very alone at times and sometimes it is very hard to come out of those periods but the kindness I'm receiving from strangers is just amazing."
i too have MND but only 9 months ago found out, so early days...onyas guys my prayers surround you, especially with your fundraising beerHerbhert Glewnnon Sunday 28 April, 2013 - 1:02 PM
You guys are an absolute inspiration.Makes Lance Armstrong look even more pathetic. The world needs more people like you for your inspiration.Good luck guys and you are in our thoughts.Brian Schaffer Friday 18 January, 2013 - 10:56 PM
hi, i to have mnd, like scott my hands arms & neck are week but my legs are still strong , add an other pusher bike to this & i will be there to helppeter hetherington Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 8:26 PM
Dr Dr. Davis. I have Motor Neuron too and just to let you know I am watching all that you do. Keep going. Very proud of you
DebbieDebbie Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 3:13 PM
Hi there, I called earlier to donate a HAND CYCLE for the doctor who is going to raise money for the MND charity.
I would like to contact the doctor direct to deliver the bike TODAY.
OR can you please pass on my details?
Cheers.Anthony Wake Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 11:11 AM
Dr Davis need to talk to Mr. Ian Sims at Greenspeed up in Knox.
http://www.greenspeed.com.au/Shane Rogers Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 11:04 AM