- No deal: Ambo pay dispute blows up
- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Brave doctor and Motor Neurone Disease sufferer Ian Davis needs your help
In September last year, Dr Ian Davis learned he would be facing the biggest challenge of his life - a diagnosis of Motor Neurone Disease.
The progressive neuro-degenerative disease attacks the nervous system and leads to the weakening and wasting of muscles, loss of mobility in the limbs and difficulties with speech, swallowing and breathing.
There is currently no effective treatment and Dr Davis has been told by doctors he has two to three years to live.
The doctor started his own beer last year - Cavalier Courage to raise money for MND research.
He has now joined forces with fellow MND sufferer, Scott Sullivan, to ride one million metres - 1000 kilometres - in tandem to raise money and awareness about the disease, but he needs your help first.
Davis and Sullivan require bike a tandem bike that allows Davis to use his arms and Sullivan to use his legs.
"Scott's motor neurone disease has affected his arms and mine is in my legs so we wouldn't be able to ride a bike independently ourselves. But if you put two of us together we are like one whole man who can power a bike," Davis told Justin Smith.
"What we are looking for is a recumbent tandem bike with a hand steering mechanism and hand cycle for me and in the back a leg cycle for Scott to power the vehicle with his legs."
Dr Davis provided a photo below, saying the bike would look similar to this contraption.
Dr Davis admitted his physical condition is slowly worsening but his resolve remains steadfast.
"It's a day to day gradual weakness that grows. My left leg below the knee is completely paralyzed and I'm starting to get weakness on the thighs and in my left arm," he said.
"But while I can still physically do things I'm determined to be as active as I can.
"This disease has a tendency to make me feel very alone at times and sometimes it is very hard to come out of those periods but the kindness I'm receiving from strangers is just amazing."
i too have MND but only 9 months ago found out, so early days...onyas guys my prayers surround you, especially with your fundraising beerHerbhert Glewnnon Sunday 28 April, 2013 - 1:02 PM
You guys are an absolute inspiration.Makes Lance Armstrong look even more pathetic. The world needs more people like you for your inspiration.Good luck guys and you are in our thoughts.Brian Schaffer Friday 18 January, 2013 - 10:56 PM
hi, i to have mnd, like scott my hands arms & neck are week but my legs are still strong , add an other pusher bike to this & i will be there to helppeter hetherington Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 8:26 PM
Dr Dr. Davis. I have Motor Neuron too and just to let you know I am watching all that you do. Keep going. Very proud of you
DebbieDebbie Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 3:13 PM
Hi there, I called earlier to donate a HAND CYCLE for the doctor who is going to raise money for the MND charity.
I would like to contact the doctor direct to deliver the bike TODAY.
OR can you please pass on my details?
Cheers.Anthony Wake Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 11:11 AM
Dr Davis need to talk to Mr. Ian Sims at Greenspeed up in Knox.
http://www.greenspeed.com.au/Shane Rogers Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 11:04 AM