- Man arrested after home invasion
- Hird to play no part at Essendon in 2014
- Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations against Labor
- Queen photobombs Comm Games selfie
- One dead, four trapped after Great Ocean Road tourist bus crash
- Video: Bike smashes into car on Clarendon St
- Earthquake hits Greenvale, Epping, Lalor and Roxburgh Park
- Man killed in Wodonga bobcat accident
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
- Jill on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... WHY? WHY? WHY? this will be a question we will be asking ourselves for a long long time to come????????? more
- Samuel J on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... The poor buggers had perhaps gone to Amsterdam to see the live Anre Rieu concern held in Maastricht this week. What a pity ... more
- Stephen on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... My thoughts are with all the families this will affect. But who now would fly Malaysian Airlines. more
- Heather on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... This isn't terrorism it's murder! Men and their bloody wars!!! How many more innocent lives will be lost! Sincere ... more
Businessman Solomon Lew hits out at online GST rates
Businessman Solomon Lew says reducing the GST threshold for online purchases is in the national interest.
Currently online purchases under $1000 are exempt from the GST.
Mr Lew, who's company own businesses including Just Jeans, Smiggle and Peter Alexander, says the current system is disadvantaging both Australian retailers and shoppers.
"Why don't they allow the Australian shoppers, the public, to buy those products in Australia GST free and customs duty free?,”
“Why are the Australian public, who buy at retail stores, being penalised?" he questioned.
"As soon as you purchase something overseas, it goes on your credit card, that dollar goes overseas, not 1-cent stays in Australia,"
"Therefore Australian's will lose and are losing their jobs daily" he told Nick McCallum.
I have one thing to say.....
I bet Solomon Lew pays less tax than me.
......I'll get back to eating my cake now.Eddy Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 9:10 AM
It's not really the overseas sellers that are putting the locals out of business. It's the guys in Coburg and Brunswick with shipping containers in their backyards. The only way to compete is to drop prices and overheads.mylene Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 9:00 AM
If any of the items I buy overseas were GST free here I still wouldn't buy them. You whinging retailers don't get it...we shop overseas because we can save up to 50% on your insane prices. You can blame all you like about our higher wages, rent, utilities etc but it doesn't justify that much of a mark up. Stop crying poor & fix the real problem of poor customer service & overcharging.SM Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 10:47 PM
I think that this would stimulate the economy, so it would be a good thing for shoppers who would like to go to the stores. I like to buy things locally if I can. I want to support Australian jobs and would like to think the Standards are being met online as well as it has to be offline in the shops. I agree that there needs to be a level playing field. What do people think ?Wondering Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 6:12 PM