- Full James Hird statement
- Woman arrested over racist train assault
- Detective of the Year, Wayne Cheeseman, with Ross, John and Sly
- Ebola virus diagnosed in the US
- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Milton on Full James Hird statement Essendon can't sack Hird for choosing to pursue his legal rights. Go for it James. more
- acetrim on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US Why do people who come come back from Ebola infested places go into quarantine we quarantine plants and animals more
- Linda on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US How hard would it be to quarantine people coming in from affected countries for a couple of weeks? Inconvenient yes, but ... more
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
Caroline Wilson: 'Collingwood should seriously consider sacking Dane Swan'
Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley has hit back at Journalist Caroline Wilson after she urged the Magpies to consider sacking star midfielder Dane Swan.
The Age and 3AW Journalist told Ross and John she beleives that Swan's behaviour is having a damaging effect on his teammates.
"I believe that Dane Swan has been a really bad influence all year. The club has asked whether he's taking drugs and he has denied it and that may well be true,"
"But I think his cavalier behaviour, and stuff he has been doing off field, and some of the stuff he did during the season has become such a problem that I think it is creating a breeding ground for bad behaviour that could lead to other things" she said.
Nathan Buckley has hit back on Twitter writing: Still waiting for your call Caroline...not a quote in sight. Don't ever presume to speak on Collingwood's behalf.
In her article in the Age Wilson wrote: Collingwood does have in its favour is that it is a remarkably wealthy club. The Magpies are expected to announce an operating profit of about $5 million any day now. The club is rich, it is successful, it is powerful. Powerful enough to withstand a scandal and powerful enough to take a stand that could damage the team in the short term but help it in the long term.
Which is why Collingwood should seriously consider sacking Dane Swan. If it has not already.
Still waiting for your call Caroline...not a quote in sight. Don't ever presume to speak on Collingwoods behalf.— Nathan Buckley (@ncb_cfc) November 28, 2012
3036 games, 3563 goals, 17 premierships. In 2012, the 3AW Football team is the most experienced and successful in the league. This is your home for all 3AW Footy news, views and analysis. 3AW is Football.
Please learn to spell and punctuate before subjecting us to your ill-considered rants.Akunak Cakap Sunday 17 February, 2013 - 11:59 AM
listen here Caroline,never ever judge a book by it's cover,you have no idea what your talking about you should be sacked also collingwood should do drug test on our Dane, then you should be sacked from the footy show and anything to do with football and then be charge with defamation of character,Eileen Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 2:52 AM
listen here Caroline,never ever judge a book by it's cover,you have no idea what your talking about you should be sacked also collingwood should do drug test on our Dane, then you should be sacked from the footy show and anything to do with football and then be charge with defamation of character,Eileen Tuesday 4 December, 2012 - 2:49 AM
@Tomatoa, whether you like it or not ALL sports will have their idols for the kids, that is how it has always been and will always be. As a so called responsible parent would you forbid your chidren to participate/follow their chosen sport. The same with music of today, it is out there for all kids to hear and most definately some is not suitable for children but it is promoted for kids consumption, how do YOU keep them away from that.Woodsy Saturday 1 December, 2012 - 10:55 AM
Caroline Wilson, you are pathetic! Jealousy is a curse. Who do you follow in the AFL? I bet if Swanny was to play for your club, you'd love him. Since when does having tattoos define what kind of player you are? Isn't everyone entitled to "annual leave"? So many questions but has anyone asked when the Age is sacking Carolibe Wilson???O'Connell Friday 30 November, 2012 - 9:52 PM
Ah Caroline...when will it stop?! How about every Collingwood supporter stop buying the Age until she is either suspended or sacked by the newspaper? I also hope Dane Swan launches defamation proceedings.J-P Friday 30 November, 2012 - 12:27 PM