- Abbott softens talk on Russia
- Australian to face charges over Commonwealth Games village fight
- Drive-by shooting in Springvale South
- Carlton player Simon White charged by police
- Social media trails show ISIS link to Melbourne schools
- Ross and John in Glasgow: Heritage Day
- Robert Doyle: 'It's a mess, a gigantic error'
- Sex attacker assaults girl, 16
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on On the road with Patty the poet cabbie Pat Mullaney now thats a good scots name??? more
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
Cat 'killer' has Bendigo outraged
A Bendigo resident claiming to be killing wandering cats has the community up in arms.
Around three weeks ago a sign appeared on a community notice board warning cat owners their pets would be destroyed if they came onto that person's property.
*Scroll down to hear Neil Mitchell's editorial and talkback callers*
In response, the Bendigo Animal Welfare and Community Services group called on the person to contact the ranger instead.
But President Debbie Edwards says a subsequent notice showed the person had no intention of doing that.
PLAY: Neil Mitchell editorial and talkback callers
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Matthew Newton is in a sad place I wish him well this world is not easy for some for those of us that are lucky enough not to suffer mental and emotional illness we are the lucky ones good luckLyndell flegg Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 8:25 PM
My 8 yr old son recently lost an eye from pikcing up a cat that was in the street. The owner admitted the cat "didn't like people and even he couldn't pick it up" I have since found out it is illegal in my shire to have cats out AT ALL. they need to be confined at all times and it is legal to place cat traps in your own yard. My 8 yr old has had 3 eye surgeries and 3 months of unbelievable trauma. But apparently I can't do a thing about it. Sad thing is if it were a dog there would have been a public outcry by now and the dog destroyed.There are 8 children in my street. I'll be doing exactly the same thing from now on. Look after your cats people. They cause serious harm and carry the nastiest diseases.Just because you love them doesn't mean everyone else does.Bec Monday 19 March, 2012 - 12:20 AM
3AW should do the right thing and give the police the contact details for all those who have posted comments here confirming that they are breaking the law. There is up to $60,000 in fines and jail time waiting for anyone convicted of animal cruelty. Lesser fines for less serious charges. Shame on all of you.Millyse Thursday 19 January, 2012 - 12:10 PM
Starting to think I have no choice but to do the same as this fellow and if I do I just wont advertise it. Have had a gutful of cats spraying my door and scratching my car. Cant even let my kids play in their sandpit until my wife or I sift it for cat turds first. I googled cat traps and they are easy to get and are a drop door type that wont harm the cat. What you do with it after you catch it is up to you. Kill it sure, just please dont dump it in the bush. If some selfish people who have no consideration for other peoples rights lose their pet, so be it. Shame the cat has to pay the price as its not their fault but if word gets around this guys campaign has been effective hasnt it? Good onya buddy!!Kev Wednesday 18 January, 2012 - 8:11 AM
I've been doing the same thing in Glenroy for the past ten years. Got 143 last year and that was a quiet one. Out of the trap and into the chest freezer, jobs done. One or two in each garbage bin every week.
I'm not the only one, our 'mens shed' must account for hundreds and hundreds every year. Hate to think what the place would be like without our help.Ted Wednesday 18 January, 2012 - 7:36 AM
If anyone knows who this person is, please contact the council & most importantly the police. This behaviour is not only illegal, it is sociopathic & must be stopped.Lindsay Wednesday 18 January, 2012 - 7:13 AM