- No deal: Ambo pay dispute blows up
- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Cat 'killer' has Bendigo outraged
A Bendigo resident claiming to be killing wandering cats has the community up in arms.
Around three weeks ago a sign appeared on a community notice board warning cat owners their pets would be destroyed if they came onto that person's property.
*Scroll down to hear Neil Mitchell's editorial and talkback callers*
In response, the Bendigo Animal Welfare and Community Services group called on the person to contact the ranger instead.
But President Debbie Edwards says a subsequent notice showed the person had no intention of doing that.
PLAY: Neil Mitchell editorial and talkback callers
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Matthew Newton is in a sad place I wish him well this world is not easy for some for those of us that are lucky enough not to suffer mental and emotional illness we are the lucky ones good luckLyndell flegg Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 8:25 PM
My 8 yr old son recently lost an eye from pikcing up a cat that was in the street. The owner admitted the cat "didn't like people and even he couldn't pick it up" I have since found out it is illegal in my shire to have cats out AT ALL. they need to be confined at all times and it is legal to place cat traps in your own yard. My 8 yr old has had 3 eye surgeries and 3 months of unbelievable trauma. But apparently I can't do a thing about it. Sad thing is if it were a dog there would have been a public outcry by now and the dog destroyed.There are 8 children in my street. I'll be doing exactly the same thing from now on. Look after your cats people. They cause serious harm and carry the nastiest diseases.Just because you love them doesn't mean everyone else does.Bec Monday 19 March, 2012 - 12:20 AM
3AW should do the right thing and give the police the contact details for all those who have posted comments here confirming that they are breaking the law. There is up to $60,000 in fines and jail time waiting for anyone convicted of animal cruelty. Lesser fines for less serious charges. Shame on all of you.Millyse Thursday 19 January, 2012 - 12:10 PM
Starting to think I have no choice but to do the same as this fellow and if I do I just wont advertise it. Have had a gutful of cats spraying my door and scratching my car. Cant even let my kids play in their sandpit until my wife or I sift it for cat turds first. I googled cat traps and they are easy to get and are a drop door type that wont harm the cat. What you do with it after you catch it is up to you. Kill it sure, just please dont dump it in the bush. If some selfish people who have no consideration for other peoples rights lose their pet, so be it. Shame the cat has to pay the price as its not their fault but if word gets around this guys campaign has been effective hasnt it? Good onya buddy!!Kev Wednesday 18 January, 2012 - 8:11 AM
I've been doing the same thing in Glenroy for the past ten years. Got 143 last year and that was a quiet one. Out of the trap and into the chest freezer, jobs done. One or two in each garbage bin every week.
I'm not the only one, our 'mens shed' must account for hundreds and hundreds every year. Hate to think what the place would be like without our help.Ted Wednesday 18 January, 2012 - 7:36 AM
If anyone knows who this person is, please contact the council & most importantly the police. This behaviour is not only illegal, it is sociopathic & must be stopped.Lindsay Wednesday 18 January, 2012 - 7:13 AM