- Abbott softens talk on Russia
- Australian to face charges over Commonwealth Games village fight
- Drive-by shooting in Springvale South
- Carlton player Simon White charged by police
- Social media trails show ISIS link to Melbourne schools
- Ross and John in Glasgow: Heritage Day
- Robert Doyle: 'It's a mess, a gigantic error'
- Sex attacker assaults girl, 16
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on On the road with Patty the poet cabbie Pat Mullaney now thats a good scots name??? more
- Jennifer Adams on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow How come Canada are not winning many medals ? They usually do well. more
- IBARKER on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Sounds like Soccer to me ???Or sooo callllll ball. more
- Joe Garra on Umpire reverses match-winning goal for ... Excellent common sense decision! more
- Terri on Made it!: Ross and John in Glasgow Hi Ross and JohnYou should go to my cousins sweets shop in Glasgow.http://www.glickmans.co.uk/ this is the website, lots and ... more
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
CFA Chief predicts busy fire season
Victorians are being warned they face the first real fire season since Black Saturday.
Significant grass growth and less than average rainfall in the past two months has contributed to the worsening conditions.
CFA chief officer Euan Ferguson says they're expecting a busy fire season.
Areas classed at high risk include the Dandenong and Macedon ranges, Halls Gap, Bright, Kinglake and parts of Phillip Island.
Mr Ferguson said residents in the high-risk bushfire areas needed to make sure they were ready to meet the bushfire season and had an evacuation plan in place.
Fire Services Commissioner Craig Lapsley agreed that the risk of bushfire is certainly higher than the previous few years.
"The Bureau forecast is very clear. It says we are going to have above average maximum temperatures, so it’s going to be in the high 30 and 40's” Mr Lapsley told Neil Mitchell
"And also...it's going to be above average minimum temperatures which means the overnight temperatures stay up,”
“If they sit in the 20's it means the fuels, the grass and the bushland, don’t get to cool off, they don’t take on any moisture and stay dry, and it means the day starts at a higher level of fire risk than if it is a cool night” he said.
I am writing in regards to these stupid laws regarding arsonists /firebugs they are supposed to get 20 yrs if they cause death or whatever ,then the next breath you tell us all arsonists have a psycho problem so cannot be punished to the full extent of the law ,bring back mental health facilitys to at least put these people somewhere . what ever happened to i have spoken to , or spoke to instead of talked topeter boswell Wednesday 23 January, 2013 - 9:20 PM
$70m scrapped from the CFA budget as they dont need it according to Ted & Co. No whinge or tears from this station when announced. Still time to reverse the decision before something happens. How about someone prove that all the toolies are down at Lorne, not at Spring Street.Colin Monday 26 November, 2012 - 12:41 PM