- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Charges laid over feet-out-window driving photograph
UPDATE: A 23-year-old man has been charged on summons with four separate offences following the release of a photograph of a man driving along the Eastern Freeway with his legs casually lounging out the driver's side window.
Channel Nine reports the man has been charged with reckless conduct endangering life, failure to have proper control of a vehicle, careless driving, and limbs protruding from a vehicle.
It's believed the man had borrowed the car from a relative.
Earlier today, the driver came forward to Police.
A fellow road user noticed the Volkswagen Golf driver casually slouched out the window on the approach to the Eastlink tunnel on the morning of Christmas Eve.
Police had warned that they had the details of the car’s owner and would be moving to find them if they didn’t front a police station.
Police say they still have a number of enquiries to make and the investigation is ongoing.
"This young man, his behaviour without any further examination is conduct endangering life – that’s a very serious criminal charge," Inspector Bernie Rankin from the Major Collision Investigation Unit said.
"The local police will be following this matter up, and what I’d encourage the driver of that vehicle to do - his vehicle and his images have already been on the media - I’d suggest he walk into his local police station and speak to us, because we’re certainly in the situation where we know who is in charge of the vehicle."
Duet of clowns, if it wasn't for the photographer on his mobile, Police may not have caught this stupid person and who knows what damage/injuries or even possible death may have occurred. Stop being so rightous and think of what could possibly been a horrible outcome.I'd Like to Know Tuesday 1 January, 2013 - 9:26 PM
This picture reminded me of another drongo.
Merry Christmas Cory!Solomon's Sword Monday 31 December, 2012 - 1:37 PM
Clearly the passenger - unless the driver has very odd anatomy.Cosmo Sunday 30 December, 2012 - 5:13 PM
All cyclists should be registered so they obey the road rules and act responsibly. It obviously works for motorists.Peter Jeffries Saturday 29 December, 2012 - 10:24 AM
I've heard contortionists
like volkswagons...especially golfs and most especially black golfs!!!!Caz Friday 28 December, 2012 - 2:16 PM
I hope that the nosey person driving that took the photo gets charged APaul Friday 28 December, 2012 - 2:13 PM