- CONTENT WARNING: Man king-hit in by mystery man
- Tony Mokbel loses appeal against drug trafficking conviction
- Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with Neil Mitchell over anti-boxing comments
- Tullamarine traffic chaos set to continue throughout evening peak
- Man in serious condition after gas bottle explosion
- Stonnington Council asks for police investigation
- Video: Several killed in Texas twisters
- Relatives of man shot dead in alleged attempted robbery appeal for accomplices to come forward
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- dan on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... Unfortunately when Neil comes out with 'ban boxing' it waters down what is a fair argument, that there should be more ... more
- David on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Great idea more trains and less trucks on the road. When was the last time you saw train do a delivery to a building site or ... more
- Turkey on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... To many bottom feeders in the road transport game these days. more
- Luke on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Thank God we don't have the East-West Link, otherwise traffic would be backed up on the Eastern as well!!!!!!! more
- Tony on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... What the hell is wrong with this society? Every comment is about blaming someone, blaming the government or winging about ... more
- Mad Rooster on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Checked Vic Roads app at 7.04am (30 mins after accident) and it says traffic on Tulla / Citylink from Brunswick Rd to ... more
- Jillian on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Why do things like this happen during the peak hour on any working day? more
- MAC on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Or your could try catching public transport....UH-no, wait, cant do that, would shrink our tiny manhood to much not to BE IN ... more
- Rumpole on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... More trains and rail freight and less trucks on the road! The 600 people on my train made it to work this morning and i got ... more
- david mccrossan on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Get facts right please. Its not a b double. Its a truck and dog. Used for carting sand gravel etc more
- Harry Brown on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Successive Governments fail to introduce sensible road rules like they have in UK.Trucks are only allowed in left two ... more
- Jim on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... What goes around comes around...speed, tailgating...hospital! more
- Josh on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Bofya: What an irresponsible comment! At least give the investigation a chance to assess the cause of the crash before ... more
- Dan from Wheelers Hill on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... @ Bofya Kinetiks.How about waiting to find out what happened before making stupid comments, you fool. As for 3AW, it's not a ... more
- Brian Tunstead on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Bofya Kinetiks did you witness this crash? If not, what gives you the right to automatically judge and assume the ... more
- Juy Legh on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament I have an autistic grandson. I doubt that he will ever get anything from this scheme. The proof will be in the outcomes, ... more
- Jim on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament She wasn't crying about anything other than how badly defeated she is going to be in September. September too far away! more
- Ben on Victoria's most wanted man, Graham Gene ... Well he has just been tipped off. more
- sara on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament I'm crying too Julia. Please. I'm in agony. Resign. Now. Don't wait until September. Your wonderful government has led me to ... more
- Polly on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament Julia Gillard would cry,lie,and knife you in the back to stay in power...what a piece of work more
Charlotte Dawson in hospital after vicious Twitter attack
TV host and former model Charlotte Dawson is in hospital after she was again viciously targeted by Twitter trolls.
A spokesperson for St Vincent’s Hospital in Sydney told News Limited that Ms Dawson was expected to make a full recovery.
"She has asked that her privacy be respected," he said. "She is sitting up in bed and she's in good hands."
Police were called to an inner-city Sydney premises early this morning, with an Ambulance Spokesperson also confirmed they responded to a call at 3:05am for assistance.
Ms Dawson tweeted just after 2:00am this morning: “Hope this ends the misery ..” and “You win x”.
A screenshot of @MsCharlotteD’s Twitter feed.
A spokeswoman for Charlotte Dawson’s management told News Limited she was in hospital and okay.
Charlotte Dawson spoke with Peter Maher last night to explain how she became the centre of a vicious hate campaign on the social media site.
"If you publish on a public forum and you become identifiable then you become liable for those comments,” she said.
”When it comes to suicide and taunting people, and encouraging people to commit suicide. I find that's crossing a line and that's why I took the action that I took.
”I want the trolls to know that you can't hide.”
Former Victoria Police officer and cyber safety advisor Susan McLean described the abuse being hurled at Ms Dawson as "diabolically bad."
"It's clear people were just setting up accounts with the intention of just making one nasty tweet and then moving on," she told Peter Maher.
"It's a sad indictment on society that these people believe this is an acceptable way to behave.
"It's not just kids being attacked, it's adults as well and the results can be absolutely devastating no matter who you are."
Earlier this week Ms Dawson took particular offence to one Twitter 'troll’ who directed her and one of her followers to ‘go hang yourself’.
Ms Dawson discovered personal details of the user, revealing her to be an employee of Monash University. She reported the series of offensive tweets to the University, who subsequently suspended the user from working.
Support is available for anyone who may be distressed. For help or information visit beyondblue.org.au, call Suicide Helpline Victoria on 1300 651 251, or Lifeline on 131 114.
LISTEN: Charlotte Dawson on Drive with Peter Maher last night:
Gillard cops worse on a daily basis from talk back radio, she just smiles and gets on with it, harden up CharlottePete Monday 3 September, 2012 - 9:20 AM
James you are quick to judge when someone forms their own opinion you personally insult them quite mean.'poptart Sunday 2 September, 2012 - 8:26 PM
Tone you condemned me for my simple little comment about me being concerned for the really sick you are certainly far from being nice think about THAT.mandy Friday 31 August, 2012 - 8:00 PM
James you are the one that's ignorant I said absolutely nothing about what you have mentioned so don't say I did. You know nothing about what I've been through so don't judge me and that goes for the rest of you I have every right to make a comment I see you are.mandy Friday 31 August, 2012 - 7:38 PM
Oh no I'm being bullied by bloggers quick take me to hospital I don't even twitter you pack of twits.mandy Friday 31 August, 2012 - 5:20 PM
Charlotte Dawson is a a shining light, and an inspiration for many Aussie woman. Hope she has a speedy recovery and can look past this nasty pointless social media crap xxxBillie Friday 31 August, 2012 - 3:03 PM