- 'Livelihood' stolen while family slept
- Two murdered with kids in the house
- One killed in South Yarra apartment fire
- Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage girl
- Soccer Match-fixer pleads guilty
- Myki confusion forces closure of Southern Cross info booth
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Reward offered for information on Grandmother's murder
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Joseph Logan on Two murdered with kids in the house I am just wondering if a FamIly Law Court decision had anything to do with this this " domestic violence"? Like, one man ... more
- Gary on Myki confusion forces closure of ... MYKI was always a job for the boys and a way to milk the system for mates. When once I raised a question about long lunches ... more
- Graeme on Myki confusion forces closure of ... One big mistake the Libs did when they got into power....not scrap this crap system and return to the old one. If it isn't ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Western Bulldogs dump cheer squad The Bulldogs also new a new song and no more a silly cheer squad yelling Woof woof it is so stupid....the doggies are ..it. more
- Simon on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just part of the legacy of Steve Bracks! I miss being able to ride a tram occasionally but its too damn difficult. I hope ... more
- Carole Campisano on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Puneet is only concerned about his own welfare right now,it's all about him.He hasn't considered the poor victim's ... more
- jason on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 A great man who can now rest in peace. As for Mylene, you really are a weird miserable thing. more
- jason on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Another ripper Labor project which was estimated at $400,000 yet turned out to be the world's most expensive ticketing sytem ... more
- Christine on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... I totally agree with Trent's comments. This person has a nerve carrying on about how he thinks he will be treated, when he ... more
- Lukew on Myki confusion forces closure of ... I am not surprised. Myki confusion is reducing the number of people using public transport, especially casual users and ... more
- Gloss on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 You must all know by now that mylene never misses an opportunity to slag off at Tony and the Libs. Yes a true lefty with a ... more
- Steve on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This gutless coward will be treated for what he is a hit and run driver and when there is a fatality he deserves to do time ... more
- Mark on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Oh Mylene - what a cuddly witty little lefty you are. Your lack of decency and judgement knows no boundaries. more
- trent on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... He won't be treated as a terrorist. He'll be treated as what he is - a coward and a reckless, worthless, uncaring killer. more
- Craig on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This man needs to take responsibility and face what he did... more
- JamesD on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Just watched Mitchell's interview with Nelson - have to say I was surprised he was chosen to do it but he performed well more
- William Griffin on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene never let a solemn moment like the death of Nelson Mandela to say something silly. The people have spoken wether we ... more
- William Griffin on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What you do you not get Puneet you pleaded guilty to a crime now you are to be held to account you scream I am be treated ... more
- mylene on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Ironic we hear about the death of guy who united South Africa while Neil 'interviews' the man who's divided Australia. ;) more
- Tim on Having issues streaming 3AW? Have tried your suggestions but still no luck. Have had to swap our Companies on-hold station from 3AW to your rival FM ... more
Charlotte Dawson in hospital after vicious Twitter attack
TV host and former model Charlotte Dawson is in hospital after she was again viciously targeted by Twitter trolls.
A spokesperson for St Vincent’s Hospital in Sydney told News Limited that Ms Dawson was expected to make a full recovery.
"She has asked that her privacy be respected," he said. "She is sitting up in bed and she's in good hands."
Police were called to an inner-city Sydney premises early this morning, with an Ambulance Spokesperson also confirmed they responded to a call at 3:05am for assistance.
Ms Dawson tweeted just after 2:00am this morning: “Hope this ends the misery ..” and “You win x”.
A screenshot of @MsCharlotteD’s Twitter feed.
A spokeswoman for Charlotte Dawson’s management told News Limited she was in hospital and okay.
Charlotte Dawson spoke with Peter Maher last night to explain how she became the centre of a vicious hate campaign on the social media site.
"If you publish on a public forum and you become identifiable then you become liable for those comments,” she said.
”When it comes to suicide and taunting people, and encouraging people to commit suicide. I find that's crossing a line and that's why I took the action that I took.
”I want the trolls to know that you can't hide.”
Former Victoria Police officer and cyber safety advisor Susan McLean described the abuse being hurled at Ms Dawson as "diabolically bad."
"It's clear people were just setting up accounts with the intention of just making one nasty tweet and then moving on," she told Peter Maher.
"It's a sad indictment on society that these people believe this is an acceptable way to behave.
"It's not just kids being attacked, it's adults as well and the results can be absolutely devastating no matter who you are."
Earlier this week Ms Dawson took particular offence to one Twitter 'troll’ who directed her and one of her followers to ‘go hang yourself’.
Ms Dawson discovered personal details of the user, revealing her to be an employee of Monash University. She reported the series of offensive tweets to the University, who subsequently suspended the user from working.
Support is available for anyone who may be distressed. For help or information visit beyondblue.org.au, call Suicide Helpline Victoria on 1300 651 251, or Lifeline on 131 114.
LISTEN: Charlotte Dawson on Drive with Peter Maher last night:
Gillard cops worse on a daily basis from talk back radio, she just smiles and gets on with it, harden up CharlottePete Monday 3 September, 2012 - 9:20 AM
James you are quick to judge when someone forms their own opinion you personally insult them quite mean.'poptart Sunday 2 September, 2012 - 8:26 PM
Tone you condemned me for my simple little comment about me being concerned for the really sick you are certainly far from being nice think about THAT.mandy Friday 31 August, 2012 - 8:00 PM
James you are the one that's ignorant I said absolutely nothing about what you have mentioned so don't say I did. You know nothing about what I've been through so don't judge me and that goes for the rest of you I have every right to make a comment I see you are.mandy Friday 31 August, 2012 - 7:38 PM
Oh no I'm being bullied by bloggers quick take me to hospital I don't even twitter you pack of twits.mandy Friday 31 August, 2012 - 5:20 PM
Charlotte Dawson is a a shining light, and an inspiration for many Aussie woman. Hope she has a speedy recovery and can look past this nasty pointless social media crap xxxBillie Friday 31 August, 2012 - 3:03 PM