- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- Man fronts court over fatal stabbing
- 'I hope you get smashed by the karma bus'
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Charlotte Dawson in hospital after vicious Twitter attack
TV host and former model Charlotte Dawson is in hospital after she was again viciously targeted by Twitter trolls.
A spokesperson for St Vincent’s Hospital in Sydney told News Limited that Ms Dawson was expected to make a full recovery.
"She has asked that her privacy be respected," he said. "She is sitting up in bed and she's in good hands."
Police were called to an inner-city Sydney premises early this morning, with an Ambulance Spokesperson also confirmed they responded to a call at 3:05am for assistance.
Ms Dawson tweeted just after 2:00am this morning: “Hope this ends the misery ..” and “You win x”.
A screenshot of @MsCharlotteD’s Twitter feed.
A spokeswoman for Charlotte Dawson’s management told News Limited she was in hospital and okay.
Charlotte Dawson spoke with Peter Maher last night to explain how she became the centre of a vicious hate campaign on the social media site.
"If you publish on a public forum and you become identifiable then you become liable for those comments,” she said.
”When it comes to suicide and taunting people, and encouraging people to commit suicide. I find that's crossing a line and that's why I took the action that I took.
”I want the trolls to know that you can't hide.”
Former Victoria Police officer and cyber safety advisor Susan McLean described the abuse being hurled at Ms Dawson as "diabolically bad."
"It's clear people were just setting up accounts with the intention of just making one nasty tweet and then moving on," she told Peter Maher.
"It's a sad indictment on society that these people believe this is an acceptable way to behave.
"It's not just kids being attacked, it's adults as well and the results can be absolutely devastating no matter who you are."
Earlier this week Ms Dawson took particular offence to one Twitter 'troll’ who directed her and one of her followers to ‘go hang yourself’.
Ms Dawson discovered personal details of the user, revealing her to be an employee of Monash University. She reported the series of offensive tweets to the University, who subsequently suspended the user from working.
Support is available for anyone who may be distressed. For help or information visit beyondblue.org.au, call Suicide Helpline Victoria on 1300 651 251, or Lifeline on 131 114.
LISTEN: Charlotte Dawson on Drive with Peter Maher last night:
Gillard cops worse on a daily basis from talk back radio, she just smiles and gets on with it, harden up CharlottePete Monday 3 September, 2012 - 9:20 AM
James you are quick to judge when someone forms their own opinion you personally insult them quite mean.'poptart Sunday 2 September, 2012 - 8:26 PM
Tone you condemned me for my simple little comment about me being concerned for the really sick you are certainly far from being nice think about THAT.mandy Friday 31 August, 2012 - 8:00 PM
James you are the one that's ignorant I said absolutely nothing about what you have mentioned so don't say I did. You know nothing about what I've been through so don't judge me and that goes for the rest of you I have every right to make a comment I see you are.mandy Friday 31 August, 2012 - 7:38 PM
Oh no I'm being bullied by bloggers quick take me to hospital I don't even twitter you pack of twits.mandy Friday 31 August, 2012 - 5:20 PM
Charlotte Dawson is a a shining light, and an inspiration for many Aussie woman. Hope she has a speedy recovery and can look past this nasty pointless social media crap xxxBillie Friday 31 August, 2012 - 3:03 PM