- Luke wasn't scared of his father
- 'We've got to get through to these irresponsible thugs'
- Wildlife sanctuary saved
- Salvos attacked by ice users
- Masters of their craft
- Man found dead in old nursing home
- Teachers, students to protest together
- Parliamentary 'porn ring'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Phil on Teachers, students to protest together Its amazing the schools are encouraging their students to protest against 'children in the detention' but can't offer a ... more
- Bernadette on Teachers, students to protest together Catholic Teachings regarding Social Justice are very clearly set out, that ALL people regardless of who they are should at ... more
- Parent on Teachers, students to protest together A fantastic opportunity for young men to analyse & discuss the abhorrent detention of children who have a strong likelihood ... more
- Jack on Teachers, students to protest together I'm a student at st Bernard's college. Yesterday as protest was one that was derived from our colleges faith as Christians, ... more
- Turn it up on Teachers, students to protest together To everyone here commenting that this is disgusting and wrong and the students did not have a decision in the matter, Turn ... more
- Lina johns on Teachers, students to protest together Nice to see that we have young people in our community who have a heart and truly believe in humanity (children should not ... more
- Michael on Teachers, students to protest together I was a student at St Bernards.I couldn't be more proud. Well done boys and well done Tony. All you people having a whinge ... more
- Pedro on Teachers, students to protest together As a parent of a former 2014 St Bernard's College student, I congratulate Mr Paatsch on taking this leadership for the young ... more
- Sue on Teachers, students to protest together Disgusting that school teachers are allowed to infect our children with their views. more
- IBARKER on Teachers, students to protest together There is only one person that should their mouths and hands taped,that should be the TEACHER. more
- Flash on Teachers, students to protest together Brain washing, and the media doesn't. For your information and if you read the articles. Its completely option. I love ... more
- student on Teachers, students to protest together I am a student of the school in question and I can confidently say most of the opinions presented on this site are ... more
- jenny on Teachers, students to protest together when I was a kid at school my opinion was neither asked for or even valued. the issue of children in detention is so ... more
- Gloria on Teachers, students to protest together So typical of Catholic teaching, brainwash kids whilst they're young! more
- damien O'Neil on Teachers, students to protest together This bloke woukld have to be a member of the greens?? Doesn't have a clue and he is charge of teaching 1,400 students. God ... more
- Sarah on Teachers, students to protest together My son attends the school, we have had NO information, permission forms etc sent home, that said he want be going...doesn't ... more
- brad on Teachers, students to protest together You are all oblivious to the actual meaning of this protest. It is about social justice and simply not about politicising ... more
- Gazza on Teachers, students to protest together I would prefer if they were protesting against cuts to education and WORKCHOICES. more
- Elli on Teachers, students to protest together Peggy, you must not have been near a school for a while. Politics is most definitely a subject (a stand alone subject)in ... more
- Marko on Teachers, students to protest together If I had a child in St.Bernard's I'd be looking for a new school. Tony Paatsch is using his position to push his political ... more
Charlotte Dawson in hospital after vicious Twitter attack
TV host and former model Charlotte Dawson is in hospital after she was again viciously targeted by Twitter trolls.
A spokesperson for St Vincent’s Hospital in Sydney told News Limited that Ms Dawson was expected to make a full recovery.
"She has asked that her privacy be respected," he said. "She is sitting up in bed and she's in good hands."
Police were called to an inner-city Sydney premises early this morning, with an Ambulance Spokesperson also confirmed they responded to a call at 3:05am for assistance.
Ms Dawson tweeted just after 2:00am this morning: “Hope this ends the misery ..” and “You win x”.
A screenshot of @MsCharlotteD’s Twitter feed.
A spokeswoman for Charlotte Dawson’s management told News Limited she was in hospital and okay.
Charlotte Dawson spoke with Peter Maher last night to explain how she became the centre of a vicious hate campaign on the social media site.
"If you publish on a public forum and you become identifiable then you become liable for those comments,” she said.
”When it comes to suicide and taunting people, and encouraging people to commit suicide. I find that's crossing a line and that's why I took the action that I took.
”I want the trolls to know that you can't hide.”
Former Victoria Police officer and cyber safety advisor Susan McLean described the abuse being hurled at Ms Dawson as "diabolically bad."
"It's clear people were just setting up accounts with the intention of just making one nasty tweet and then moving on," she told Peter Maher.
"It's a sad indictment on society that these people believe this is an acceptable way to behave.
"It's not just kids being attacked, it's adults as well and the results can be absolutely devastating no matter who you are."
Earlier this week Ms Dawson took particular offence to one Twitter 'troll’ who directed her and one of her followers to ‘go hang yourself’.
Ms Dawson discovered personal details of the user, revealing her to be an employee of Monash University. She reported the series of offensive tweets to the University, who subsequently suspended the user from working.
Support is available for anyone who may be distressed. For help or information visit beyondblue.org.au, call Suicide Helpline Victoria on 1300 651 251, or Lifeline on 131 114.
LISTEN: Charlotte Dawson on Drive with Peter Maher last night:
Gillard cops worse on a daily basis from talk back radio, she just smiles and gets on with it, harden up CharlottePete Monday 3 September, 2012 - 9:20 AM
James you are quick to judge when someone forms their own opinion you personally insult them quite mean.'poptart Sunday 2 September, 2012 - 8:26 PM
Tone you condemned me for my simple little comment about me being concerned for the really sick you are certainly far from being nice think about THAT.mandy Friday 31 August, 2012 - 8:00 PM
James you are the one that's ignorant I said absolutely nothing about what you have mentioned so don't say I did. You know nothing about what I've been through so don't judge me and that goes for the rest of you I have every right to make a comment I see you are.mandy Friday 31 August, 2012 - 7:38 PM
Oh no I'm being bullied by bloggers quick take me to hospital I don't even twitter you pack of twits.mandy Friday 31 August, 2012 - 5:20 PM
Charlotte Dawson is a a shining light, and an inspiration for many Aussie woman. Hope she has a speedy recovery and can look past this nasty pointless social media crap xxxBillie Friday 31 August, 2012 - 3:03 PM