- 'Thrill killer' Hemming jailed
- Homegrown terror risks by numbers
- Man arrested after police chase
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
Charlotte Dawson in hospital after vicious Twitter attack
TV host and former model Charlotte Dawson is in hospital after she was again viciously targeted by Twitter trolls.
A spokesperson for St Vincent’s Hospital in Sydney told News Limited that Ms Dawson was expected to make a full recovery.
"She has asked that her privacy be respected," he said. "She is sitting up in bed and she's in good hands."
Police were called to an inner-city Sydney premises early this morning, with an Ambulance Spokesperson also confirmed they responded to a call at 3:05am for assistance.
Ms Dawson tweeted just after 2:00am this morning: “Hope this ends the misery ..” and “You win x”.
A screenshot of @MsCharlotteD’s Twitter feed.
A spokeswoman for Charlotte Dawson’s management told News Limited she was in hospital and okay.
Charlotte Dawson spoke with Peter Maher last night to explain how she became the centre of a vicious hate campaign on the social media site.
"If you publish on a public forum and you become identifiable then you become liable for those comments,” she said.
”When it comes to suicide and taunting people, and encouraging people to commit suicide. I find that's crossing a line and that's why I took the action that I took.
”I want the trolls to know that you can't hide.”
Former Victoria Police officer and cyber safety advisor Susan McLean described the abuse being hurled at Ms Dawson as "diabolically bad."
"It's clear people were just setting up accounts with the intention of just making one nasty tweet and then moving on," she told Peter Maher.
"It's a sad indictment on society that these people believe this is an acceptable way to behave.
"It's not just kids being attacked, it's adults as well and the results can be absolutely devastating no matter who you are."
Earlier this week Ms Dawson took particular offence to one Twitter 'troll’ who directed her and one of her followers to ‘go hang yourself’.
Ms Dawson discovered personal details of the user, revealing her to be an employee of Monash University. She reported the series of offensive tweets to the University, who subsequently suspended the user from working.
Support is available for anyone who may be distressed. For help or information visit beyondblue.org.au, call Suicide Helpline Victoria on 1300 651 251, or Lifeline on 131 114.
LISTEN: Charlotte Dawson on Drive with Peter Maher last night:
Gillard cops worse on a daily basis from talk back radio, she just smiles and gets on with it, harden up CharlottePete Monday 3 September, 2012 - 9:20 AM
James you are quick to judge when someone forms their own opinion you personally insult them quite mean.'poptart Sunday 2 September, 2012 - 8:26 PM
Tone you condemned me for my simple little comment about me being concerned for the really sick you are certainly far from being nice think about THAT.mandy Friday 31 August, 2012 - 8:00 PM
James you are the one that's ignorant I said absolutely nothing about what you have mentioned so don't say I did. You know nothing about what I've been through so don't judge me and that goes for the rest of you I have every right to make a comment I see you are.mandy Friday 31 August, 2012 - 7:38 PM
Oh no I'm being bullied by bloggers quick take me to hospital I don't even twitter you pack of twits.mandy Friday 31 August, 2012 - 5:20 PM
Charlotte Dawson is a a shining light, and an inspiration for many Aussie woman. Hope she has a speedy recovery and can look past this nasty pointless social media crap xxxBillie Friday 31 August, 2012 - 3:03 PM