- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- Tottenham soccer player di(v)es
- Laverton home goes up in flames
- William and Kate avoid Melbourne on royal tour
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
Charlotte Dawson 'needs to back off' troll campaign
3AW Entertainment Reporter Pete Ford reckons Sydney TV personality Charlotte Dawson 'needs to back off' her campaign to name and shame internet trolls.
In August, Dawson suffered a highly publicised anxiety attack and required hospitalisation after she was viciously targeted by a number of twitter users. On Tuesday, Channel 7 News filmed Dawson confronting her abusers in person for the first time.
"The sad part about her appearance on 7 is the trolls seemed more calm and sane than she did," Pete Ford said.
"The problem of Charlotte taking on this cause is her act's about abusing people and putting them down so it becomes a bit murky as to why she's become a champion of this particular cause."
Dawson was a member of the red carpet fashion police at last month's Brownlow awards, passing judgment on footballers' wives and girlfriends' outfits.
She is currently suing the Herald Sun after the newspaper questioned her ability to commentate the Red carpet two weeks after her suicide attempt.
"Why does she want this angst? Just take it easy, love," Pete Ford concluded.
Dawson said she did the interview on Channel 7 for a sense of "closure."
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Charlotte Dawson is a role model for those who are bullied. She speaks for those who can't and for those who didn't and have lost their lives. She is holding bullies acountable for their actions and I think all bullies should be publicly shamed, for it's an extremely shameful act. They showed no remorse which makes you wonder what else they are capable of in life. Homosexual men seem to have a high rate of bullying towards women which I find intriguing.SS Friday 9 November, 2012 - 12:31 PM
petes an idiot called me a mysogynist pig... ok... now u've really crossed the line... i just wanted to be loved by everyone... but wot u said has mortally wounded my precious ego...so now i'm coming after u to name and shame u on TV with a current affairs crew...excuse me now while i just go and have a little cry...Woman Act Your Age Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 2:58 PM
Tanya, u r an idiot. She was perfectly reasonable. A teenage girl was trolled by bullies and as a result commited suicide. Woman Act your age...u r a mysogynist pig....take some of your own meficine. Charlotte you rock!!petes an idiot Monday 29 October, 2012 - 10:35 PM
How farï»¿ do you go with the vengeance before you end up playing the same belittling game as the perpetrators?
Is this a suitable platform for self-promotion? Have the media minders thought through the repercussions of stooping down to the lowest common denominator and disenfranchising the TV audience the advertisers so carefully target?
Twitter is for pimple faced twits, isn't it? Why the traditional media love-in with the new medium when most sensible dignified people live in the real world, away from a narrow two finger portal to mediocre updates about irrelevant issues?
Conversely, "Just take it easy, love," is a bit too patronising isn't it?
As Grandma would say, you all need a good spanking and sit in your corner for a while!Solmon's Sword Sunday 28 October, 2012 - 1:06 PM
trolls are cowards, they have no integrity, compassion or accountantability. They hide behind the technology they are using. What happened to the old saying "if you cant say something good don't say it at all". Fine if you have an opinion about an issue, but word it in a deflamatory way.lynne Saturday 27 October, 2012 - 9:22 AM
KAZ the statement you have made is just as nasty as the people you are responding to I would say you are no better think about it.mandy Friday 26 October, 2012 - 11:31 AM