- Hunt on for Sunshine stabber
- Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM Abbott and Liberal friends on-side
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young 'seriously unwell'
- Melbourne treated to pink lunar eclipse
- Kindergarten pets mutilated
- Commonwealth Bank customers can't access money
- New way to snap naughty drivers
- Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain over Easter
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
- Mark on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... It would be worse if there were 4 more green loonies. more
- Garry on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Both the Labour and Liberal parties seem hell bent on making themselves unappealing many voters are looking for an ... more
- Dame Mylene on 'One of the biggest law and order ... The only way they'll have a Royal Commission is if they can blame Labor. Otherwise it's not going to happen :p more
- Kristy on Youths charged over Newport crime spree Bloody thugs, blame the pathetic laws for this one too as they know nothing will happen not even a slap on the wrist!! more
- Matt on Youths charged over Newport crime spree So glad I live in Singapore where these criminals would be caught, publicly shamed, caned & jailed. In Melbourne they wont ... more
- Sinbad on 'They've got to do something' Of course, it's also Napthine's fault that he got his head kicked in in the first place ! Now you've got to ask yourself why ... more
- Kevin on 'They've got to do something' Napthine government = fail more
- Ken of Euroa on 'They've got to do something' If he had a fractured neck he wouldn't be standing up more
Charlotte Dawson 'needs to back off' troll campaign
3AW Entertainment Reporter Pete Ford reckons Sydney TV personality Charlotte Dawson 'needs to back off' her campaign to name and shame internet trolls.
In August, Dawson suffered a highly publicised anxiety attack and required hospitalisation after she was viciously targeted by a number of twitter users. On Tuesday, Channel 7 News filmed Dawson confronting her abusers in person for the first time.
"The sad part about her appearance on 7 is the trolls seemed more calm and sane than she did," Pete Ford said.
"The problem of Charlotte taking on this cause is her act's about abusing people and putting them down so it becomes a bit murky as to why she's become a champion of this particular cause."
Dawson was a member of the red carpet fashion police at last month's Brownlow awards, passing judgment on footballers' wives and girlfriends' outfits.
She is currently suing the Herald Sun after the newspaper questioned her ability to commentate the Red carpet two weeks after her suicide attempt.
"Why does she want this angst? Just take it easy, love," Pete Ford concluded.
Dawson said she did the interview on Channel 7 for a sense of "closure."
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Charlotte Dawson is a role model for those who are bullied. She speaks for those who can't and for those who didn't and have lost their lives. She is holding bullies acountable for their actions and I think all bullies should be publicly shamed, for it's an extremely shameful act. They showed no remorse which makes you wonder what else they are capable of in life. Homosexual men seem to have a high rate of bullying towards women which I find intriguing.SS Friday 9 November, 2012 - 12:31 PM
petes an idiot called me a mysogynist pig... ok... now u've really crossed the line... i just wanted to be loved by everyone... but wot u said has mortally wounded my precious ego...so now i'm coming after u to name and shame u on TV with a current affairs crew...excuse me now while i just go and have a little cry...Woman Act Your Age Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 2:58 PM
Tanya, u r an idiot. She was perfectly reasonable. A teenage girl was trolled by bullies and as a result commited suicide. Woman Act your age...u r a mysogynist pig....take some of your own meficine. Charlotte you rock!!petes an idiot Monday 29 October, 2012 - 10:35 PM
How farï»¿ do you go with the vengeance before you end up playing the same belittling game as the perpetrators?
Is this a suitable platform for self-promotion? Have the media minders thought through the repercussions of stooping down to the lowest common denominator and disenfranchising the TV audience the advertisers so carefully target?
Twitter is for pimple faced twits, isn't it? Why the traditional media love-in with the new medium when most sensible dignified people live in the real world, away from a narrow two finger portal to mediocre updates about irrelevant issues?
Conversely, "Just take it easy, love," is a bit too patronising isn't it?
As Grandma would say, you all need a good spanking and sit in your corner for a while!Solmon's Sword Sunday 28 October, 2012 - 1:06 PM
trolls are cowards, they have no integrity, compassion or accountantability. They hide behind the technology they are using. What happened to the old saying "if you cant say something good don't say it at all". Fine if you have an opinion about an issue, but word it in a deflamatory way.lynne Saturday 27 October, 2012 - 9:22 AM
KAZ the statement you have made is just as nasty as the people you are responding to I would say you are no better think about it.mandy Friday 26 October, 2012 - 11:31 AM