- 'He was a precocious talent'
- Phillip Hughes dead at 25
- 'Like winning the lotto': A win for heartbroken wife
- 'Parliament is not a pub'
- Woman hit, man flees on foot, Blackburn Rd closed
- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- Police swarm on Bandidos club in murder investigation
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Heather on Phillip Hughes dead at 25 May the clouds wrap him in a blanket of love and the moon kiss him goodnight! Rest in peace young man! Much love to his ... more
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
- Dennis on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... Apparantly Edihad is supplying food and drink to people affected by the fire. I hope they're not charging football prices. more
- Chris on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... With all the media and fire fighters the dock lands population must have doubled last night. more
- Chris on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Any smart person would have put a new seat on $20 at bunnings and when they leave put the broken one back on. more
- Gloria on 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla I had written a cheque yesterday for Yooralla Appeal, will not decide whether to post it or not until investigations are ... more
- andy on Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer good luck more
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
Charlotte Dawson 'needs to back off' troll campaign
3AW Entertainment Reporter Pete Ford reckons Sydney TV personality Charlotte Dawson 'needs to back off' her campaign to name and shame internet trolls.
In August, Dawson suffered a highly publicised anxiety attack and required hospitalisation after she was viciously targeted by a number of twitter users. On Tuesday, Channel 7 News filmed Dawson confronting her abusers in person for the first time.
"The sad part about her appearance on 7 is the trolls seemed more calm and sane than she did," Pete Ford said.
"The problem of Charlotte taking on this cause is her act's about abusing people and putting them down so it becomes a bit murky as to why she's become a champion of this particular cause."
Dawson was a member of the red carpet fashion police at last month's Brownlow awards, passing judgment on footballers' wives and girlfriends' outfits.
She is currently suing the Herald Sun after the newspaper questioned her ability to commentate the Red carpet two weeks after her suicide attempt.
"Why does she want this angst? Just take it easy, love," Pete Ford concluded.
Dawson said she did the interview on Channel 7 for a sense of "closure."
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Charlotte Dawson is a role model for those who are bullied. She speaks for those who can't and for those who didn't and have lost their lives. She is holding bullies acountable for their actions and I think all bullies should be publicly shamed, for it's an extremely shameful act. They showed no remorse which makes you wonder what else they are capable of in life. Homosexual men seem to have a high rate of bullying towards women which I find intriguing.SS Friday 9 November, 2012 - 12:31 PM
petes an idiot called me a mysogynist pig... ok... now u've really crossed the line... i just wanted to be loved by everyone... but wot u said has mortally wounded my precious ego...so now i'm coming after u to name and shame u on TV with a current affairs crew...excuse me now while i just go and have a little cry...Woman Act Your Age Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 2:58 PM
Tanya, u r an idiot. She was perfectly reasonable. A teenage girl was trolled by bullies and as a result commited suicide. Woman Act your age...u r a mysogynist pig....take some of your own meficine. Charlotte you rock!!petes an idiot Monday 29 October, 2012 - 10:35 PM
How farï»¿ do you go with the vengeance before you end up playing the same belittling game as the perpetrators?
Is this a suitable platform for self-promotion? Have the media minders thought through the repercussions of stooping down to the lowest common denominator and disenfranchising the TV audience the advertisers so carefully target?
Twitter is for pimple faced twits, isn't it? Why the traditional media love-in with the new medium when most sensible dignified people live in the real world, away from a narrow two finger portal to mediocre updates about irrelevant issues?
Conversely, "Just take it easy, love," is a bit too patronising isn't it?
As Grandma would say, you all need a good spanking and sit in your corner for a while!Solmon's Sword Sunday 28 October, 2012 - 1:06 PM
trolls are cowards, they have no integrity, compassion or accountantability. They hide behind the technology they are using. What happened to the old saying "if you cant say something good don't say it at all". Fine if you have an opinion about an issue, but word it in a deflamatory way.lynne Saturday 27 October, 2012 - 9:22 AM
KAZ the statement you have made is just as nasty as the people you are responding to I would say you are no better think about it.mandy Friday 26 October, 2012 - 11:31 AM