- 'Thrill killer' Hemming jailed
- Homegrown terror risks by numbers
- Man arrested after police chase
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
Charlotte Dawson 'needs to back off' troll campaign
3AW Entertainment Reporter Pete Ford reckons Sydney TV personality Charlotte Dawson 'needs to back off' her campaign to name and shame internet trolls.
In August, Dawson suffered a highly publicised anxiety attack and required hospitalisation after she was viciously targeted by a number of twitter users. On Tuesday, Channel 7 News filmed Dawson confronting her abusers in person for the first time.
"The sad part about her appearance on 7 is the trolls seemed more calm and sane than she did," Pete Ford said.
"The problem of Charlotte taking on this cause is her act's about abusing people and putting them down so it becomes a bit murky as to why she's become a champion of this particular cause."
Dawson was a member of the red carpet fashion police at last month's Brownlow awards, passing judgment on footballers' wives and girlfriends' outfits.
She is currently suing the Herald Sun after the newspaper questioned her ability to commentate the Red carpet two weeks after her suicide attempt.
"Why does she want this angst? Just take it easy, love," Pete Ford concluded.
Dawson said she did the interview on Channel 7 for a sense of "closure."
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Charlotte Dawson is a role model for those who are bullied. She speaks for those who can't and for those who didn't and have lost their lives. She is holding bullies acountable for their actions and I think all bullies should be publicly shamed, for it's an extremely shameful act. They showed no remorse which makes you wonder what else they are capable of in life. Homosexual men seem to have a high rate of bullying towards women which I find intriguing.SS Friday 9 November, 2012 - 12:31 PM
petes an idiot called me a mysogynist pig... ok... now u've really crossed the line... i just wanted to be loved by everyone... but wot u said has mortally wounded my precious ego...so now i'm coming after u to name and shame u on TV with a current affairs crew...excuse me now while i just go and have a little cry...Woman Act Your Age Tuesday 30 October, 2012 - 2:58 PM
Tanya, u r an idiot. She was perfectly reasonable. A teenage girl was trolled by bullies and as a result commited suicide. Woman Act your age...u r a mysogynist pig....take some of your own meficine. Charlotte you rock!!petes an idiot Monday 29 October, 2012 - 10:35 PM
How farï»¿ do you go with the vengeance before you end up playing the same belittling game as the perpetrators?
Is this a suitable platform for self-promotion? Have the media minders thought through the repercussions of stooping down to the lowest common denominator and disenfranchising the TV audience the advertisers so carefully target?
Twitter is for pimple faced twits, isn't it? Why the traditional media love-in with the new medium when most sensible dignified people live in the real world, away from a narrow two finger portal to mediocre updates about irrelevant issues?
Conversely, "Just take it easy, love," is a bit too patronising isn't it?
As Grandma would say, you all need a good spanking and sit in your corner for a while!Solmon's Sword Sunday 28 October, 2012 - 1:06 PM
trolls are cowards, they have no integrity, compassion or accountantability. They hide behind the technology they are using. What happened to the old saying "if you cant say something good don't say it at all". Fine if you have an opinion about an issue, but word it in a deflamatory way.lynne Saturday 27 October, 2012 - 9:22 AM
KAZ the statement you have made is just as nasty as the people you are responding to I would say you are no better think about it.mandy Friday 26 October, 2012 - 11:31 AM