- Dismay as weather presenter Jane Bunn retires
- Computer systems to cost Australians billions
- Buddy smashes girlfriend's car
- Anger over domestic violence billboard
- Family hold silent vigil for murdered mum
- ALP changes: Shorten distances Labor from unions
- Bureaucratic stonewall no block for new Richmond icon
- '59 Penfolds Grange reviewed
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kenof Euroa on Dismay as weather presenter Jane Bunn ... Noooooooooooooooooo!!!! more
- Josh on Computer systems to cost Australians ... If the repair bill is really $1.5 Billion to fix then its probably time to upgrade. Also curious if that cost also includes ... more
- John on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Texting? more
- Kaz on Computer systems to cost Australians ... Neil, on current performance the govt will not spend any money on needy people only take away as in pensioners. 12bn $ on ... more
- Canberra Observer on Computer systems to cost Australians ... Australians should be very worried at what the ALP has done to this country and where its internal operation is now under ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Just another day in the life of 3AW's "heroes". Another role model for our kids the station will be championing and ... more
- Mark on Buddy smashes girlfriend's car Buddy's insurance premium next year is going to take a good hit out of his million dollar salary. more
- Janet P on Family hold silent vigil for murdered ... Remove the word Domestic.Violence is Violence. Our justice system is a JOKE more
- Greg on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... About time some Politician has been caught out at a Royal Commission or Inquiry,all they ever say is I don't remember or ... more
- Lukew on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... So you can waste billions of dollars of tax payers money mis-managing just about everything - federal and state - and be ... more
- Gazza on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Standard liberal behaviour more
- boofa on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... PIGS, TROUGH , SNOUT.Lets cover this one up Tony. more
- Sir Matt of the 1950's on Barry O'Farrell quits, but keeps PM ... Lucky Mitchell & little Tommy Elliott are on holidays(again, more holidays than teachers & construction workers they harp on ... more
- Lisa on Commonwealth Bank customers can't ... Australia Post can't take ANY credit cards, because their Eftpos is with Commonwealth. So... People trying to lodge mail ... more
- Milton on Surprise, surprise: Petrol price pain ... It hit $1.71 cents per Litre yesterday in Sydney. So wait for it. more
- Gazza on New way to snap naughty drivers Robert hills comment say it all"we know motorists are quick to put their phone down and put their seatbelt on when they see ... more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Are you blocking all comments about Clive or just the positive ones? more
- Dame Mylene on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Clive Palmer's now the unofficial Prime Minister of Australia. Fun times ahead, Mr Abbott. more
- Milton on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Neil: At least Clive knows how to build businesses and not tear them down. more
- Hooksy from the Country on Senate circus 'not healthy for ... Buffoon - pot, kettle, black ...... more
Cheeky 'Houdini' looking for home
UPDATE: A baby goat that had eluded capture for more than a week was caught in Royal Park on Monday afternoon.
On Tuesday morning, Neil Mitchell spoke to Jody Edarmo, Shelter Manager at the Lost Dogs Home in North Melbourne.
Jody said they've named the goat Houdini because of its incredible ability to avoid capture on multiple occasions.
She added that if an owner doesn't come and claim the goat, Houdini will be available for adoption.
VIDEO: Scroll down to watch.
The goat was spotted on a football oval near Royal Parade shortly before 2pm Monday, where it was wrangled by a television camera crew.
'Lefty', a loyal listener to Denis Walter's Afternoon Program, rang in and said: "Melbourne can relax, they've caught the goat."
He said the cheeky animal put up a 'good fight,' but when all was said and done, it was VicPol: 1 and Goat: 0.
Listen to Lefty's dramatic account below.
WAT:CH People in pursuit of the goat (Channel 7 News)
EARLIER: Authorities are still trying to catch a goat that's been on the run for days in the vicinity of the Melbourne Zoo, in Parkville, for days.
The goat was first sighted last week, with 3AW callers reporting that it was running around on the Tullamarine Freeway.
On Monday, Neil Mitchell again took calls with witnesses describing police officers in a fierce pursuit of the suspect.
We will stay with the story all night if we have to!
PLAY: Caller 'Lefty' confirms the goat has been captured
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Constantly on the go? Want to know what's happening in your world? Let 3AW keep you up to speed with the aid of social facilitator Twitter. News, views and the most interactive Twitter feed in Australian media.
- Neil Mitchell on Twitter
- Derryn Hinch on Twitter
- Ross and John on Twitter
- Brian Taylor on Twitter
- 3AW Football on Twitter
- Tom Elliott on Twitter
- Denis Walter on Twitter
- Darren James on Twitter
- Dwayne Russell on Twitter
- Matt Richo on Twitter
- Yvette Gray on Twitter
- Heidi Murphy on Twitter
- Tony Tardio on Twitter
- Denis O'Kane on Twitter
- Alexandra Factor on Twitter
- Donna Demaio on Twitter
- Justin Smith on Twitter
- Nicole Denton on Twitter
- Shannon Reid on Twitter
- Simon Owens on Twitter
- Seb Costello on Twitter
- David Kramer on Twitter
- Paul Worsteling on Twitter
- Lauren Hilbert on Twitter
- Florencia Cavallo on Twitter
- Shane McInnes on Twitter
- Cushla Travers on Twitter
Fantastic work Neil Mitchell you are the best if it wasn't for you and 3AW nobody would know what is going on. I hope you stay at 3AW for another 20 years.Colin Tuesday 7 February, 2012 - 12:08 PM
A goat on the run.. you have to be ..KIDDING ..Lisa Monday 6 February, 2012 - 5:51 PM
Goat at large in the city! Sportsfans fighting over a shirt! AW sure do know how to cover the big ones!Ken of Euroa Monday 6 February, 2012 - 1:10 PM
you need "Con the Greek", as long as it's "just one goat!"Joe Garra Monday 6 February, 2012 - 12:45 PM
Not much going on,slow news day again>.Steve Monday 6 February, 2012 - 12:09 PM