- 'Thrill killer' Hemming jailed
- Homegrown terror risks by numbers
- Man arrested after police chase
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
Cheeky 'Houdini' looking for home
UPDATE: A baby goat that had eluded capture for more than a week was caught in Royal Park on Monday afternoon.
On Tuesday morning, Neil Mitchell spoke to Jody Edarmo, Shelter Manager at the Lost Dogs Home in North Melbourne.
Jody said they've named the goat Houdini because of its incredible ability to avoid capture on multiple occasions.
She added that if an owner doesn't come and claim the goat, Houdini will be available for adoption.
VIDEO: Scroll down to watch.
The goat was spotted on a football oval near Royal Parade shortly before 2pm Monday, where it was wrangled by a television camera crew.
'Lefty', a loyal listener to Denis Walter's Afternoon Program, rang in and said: "Melbourne can relax, they've caught the goat."
He said the cheeky animal put up a 'good fight,' but when all was said and done, it was VicPol: 1 and Goat: 0.
Listen to Lefty's dramatic account below.
WAT:CH People in pursuit of the goat (Channel 7 News)
EARLIER: Authorities are still trying to catch a goat that's been on the run for days in the vicinity of the Melbourne Zoo, in Parkville, for days.
The goat was first sighted last week, with 3AW callers reporting that it was running around on the Tullamarine Freeway.
On Monday, Neil Mitchell again took calls with witnesses describing police officers in a fierce pursuit of the suspect.
We will stay with the story all night if we have to!
PLAY: Caller 'Lefty' confirms the goat has been captured
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Constantly on the go? Want to know what's happening in your world? Let 3AW keep you up to speed with the aid of social facilitator Twitter. News, views and the most interactive Twitter feed in Australian media.
- Neil Mitchell on Twitter
- Derryn Hinch on Twitter
- Ross and John on Twitter
- Brian Taylor on Twitter
- 3AW Football on Twitter
- Tom Elliott on Twitter
- Denis Walter on Twitter
- Darren James on Twitter
- Dwayne Russell on Twitter
- Matt Richo on Twitter
- Yvette Gray on Twitter
- Heidi Murphy on Twitter
- Tony Tardio on Twitter
- Denis O'Kane on Twitter
- Alexandra Factor on Twitter
- Donna Demaio on Twitter
- Justin Smith on Twitter
- Nicole Denton on Twitter
- Shannon Reid on Twitter
- Simon Owens on Twitter
- Seb Costello on Twitter
- David Kramer on Twitter
- Paul Worsteling on Twitter
- Lauren Hilbert on Twitter
- Florencia Cavallo on Twitter
- Shane McInnes on Twitter
- Cushla Travers on Twitter
Fantastic work Neil Mitchell you are the best if it wasn't for you and 3AW nobody would know what is going on. I hope you stay at 3AW for another 20 years.Colin Tuesday 7 February, 2012 - 12:08 PM
A goat on the run.. you have to be ..KIDDING ..Lisa Monday 6 February, 2012 - 5:51 PM
Goat at large in the city! Sportsfans fighting over a shirt! AW sure do know how to cover the big ones!Ken of Euroa Monday 6 February, 2012 - 1:10 PM
you need "Con the Greek", as long as it's "just one goat!"Joe Garra Monday 6 February, 2012 - 12:45 PM
Not much going on,slow news day again>.Steve Monday 6 February, 2012 - 12:09 PM