- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Eddie McGuire should quit: Jeff Kennett
- Bomb threat: School given all-clear
- Burnley Tunnel closed: Lucky escape in Monash truck fire
- Softened stance on sexting teens
- 'G, that's rough: Tigers unhappy
- Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no standing zone
- One dead in Tarneit crash
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
- iain on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' More political interference is not what is required here. We need allegations of doping heard and either cleared or ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' This is a waste of taxpayers money the courts have more urgent cases to deal with. more
- Sid on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Guilty as sin but not an iota of evidence or positive test to support these claims?Everyone has a problem saying the Bombers ... more
- Christine on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' For people who actively listen, and have no agenda, Paul Little has conducted himself impeccably throughout this drawn-out ... more
- Nigel on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' No Mr Little, the whole community hasn't got deal fatigue, it's sick and tired of Essendonâ?¢ trying to stall/block ... more
Cheeky 'Houdini' looking for home
UPDATE: A baby goat that had eluded capture for more than a week was caught in Royal Park on Monday afternoon.
On Tuesday morning, Neil Mitchell spoke to Jody Edarmo, Shelter Manager at the Lost Dogs Home in North Melbourne.
Jody said they've named the goat Houdini because of its incredible ability to avoid capture on multiple occasions.
She added that if an owner doesn't come and claim the goat, Houdini will be available for adoption.
VIDEO: Scroll down to watch.
The goat was spotted on a football oval near Royal Parade shortly before 2pm Monday, where it was wrangled by a television camera crew.
'Lefty', a loyal listener to Denis Walter's Afternoon Program, rang in and said: "Melbourne can relax, they've caught the goat."
He said the cheeky animal put up a 'good fight,' but when all was said and done, it was VicPol: 1 and Goat: 0.
Listen to Lefty's dramatic account below.
WAT:CH People in pursuit of the goat (Channel 7 News)
EARLIER: Authorities are still trying to catch a goat that's been on the run for days in the vicinity of the Melbourne Zoo, in Parkville, for days.
The goat was first sighted last week, with 3AW callers reporting that it was running around on the Tullamarine Freeway.
On Monday, Neil Mitchell again took calls with witnesses describing police officers in a fierce pursuit of the suspect.
We will stay with the story all night if we have to!
PLAY: Caller 'Lefty' confirms the goat has been captured
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Constantly on the go? Want to know what's happening in your world? Let 3AW keep you up to speed with the aid of social facilitator Twitter. News, views and the most interactive Twitter feed in Australian media.
- Neil Mitchell on Twitter
- Derryn Hinch on Twitter
- Ross and John on Twitter
- Brian Taylor on Twitter
- 3AW Football on Twitter
- Tom Elliott on Twitter
- Denis Walter on Twitter
- Darren James on Twitter
- Dwayne Russell on Twitter
- Matt Richo on Twitter
- Yvette Gray on Twitter
- Heidi Murphy on Twitter
- Tony Tardio on Twitter
- Denis O'Kane on Twitter
- Alexandra Factor on Twitter
- Donna Demaio on Twitter
- Justin Smith on Twitter
- Nicole Denton on Twitter
- Shannon Reid on Twitter
- Simon Owens on Twitter
- Seb Costello on Twitter
- David Kramer on Twitter
- Paul Worsteling on Twitter
- Lauren Hilbert on Twitter
- Florencia Cavallo on Twitter
- Shane McInnes on Twitter
- Cushla Travers on Twitter
Fantastic work Neil Mitchell you are the best if it wasn't for you and 3AW nobody would know what is going on. I hope you stay at 3AW for another 20 years.Colin Tuesday 7 February, 2012 - 12:08 PM
A goat on the run.. you have to be ..KIDDING ..Lisa Monday 6 February, 2012 - 5:51 PM
Goat at large in the city! Sportsfans fighting over a shirt! AW sure do know how to cover the big ones!Ken of Euroa Monday 6 February, 2012 - 1:10 PM
you need "Con the Greek", as long as it's "just one goat!"Joe Garra Monday 6 February, 2012 - 12:45 PM
Not much going on,slow news day again>.Steve Monday 6 February, 2012 - 12:09 PM