- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- Tottenham soccer player di(v)es
- Laverton home goes up in flames
- William and Kate avoid Melbourne on royal tour
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
Cheeky 'Houdini' looking for home
UPDATE: A baby goat that had eluded capture for more than a week was caught in Royal Park on Monday afternoon.
On Tuesday morning, Neil Mitchell spoke to Jody Edarmo, Shelter Manager at the Lost Dogs Home in North Melbourne.
Jody said they've named the goat Houdini because of its incredible ability to avoid capture on multiple occasions.
She added that if an owner doesn't come and claim the goat, Houdini will be available for adoption.
VIDEO: Scroll down to watch.
The goat was spotted on a football oval near Royal Parade shortly before 2pm Monday, where it was wrangled by a television camera crew.
'Lefty', a loyal listener to Denis Walter's Afternoon Program, rang in and said: "Melbourne can relax, they've caught the goat."
He said the cheeky animal put up a 'good fight,' but when all was said and done, it was VicPol: 1 and Goat: 0.
Listen to Lefty's dramatic account below.
WAT:CH People in pursuit of the goat (Channel 7 News)
EARLIER: Authorities are still trying to catch a goat that's been on the run for days in the vicinity of the Melbourne Zoo, in Parkville, for days.
The goat was first sighted last week, with 3AW callers reporting that it was running around on the Tullamarine Freeway.
On Monday, Neil Mitchell again took calls with witnesses describing police officers in a fierce pursuit of the suspect.
We will stay with the story all night if we have to!
PLAY: Caller 'Lefty' confirms the goat has been captured
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
Constantly on the go? Want to know what's happening in your world? Let 3AW keep you up to speed with the aid of social facilitator Twitter. News, views and the most interactive Twitter feed in Australian media.
- Neil Mitchell on Twitter
- Derryn Hinch on Twitter
- Ross and John on Twitter
- Brian Taylor on Twitter
- 3AW Football on Twitter
- Tom Elliott on Twitter
- Denis Walter on Twitter
- Darren James on Twitter
- Dwayne Russell on Twitter
- Matt Richo on Twitter
- Yvette Gray on Twitter
- Heidi Murphy on Twitter
- Tony Tardio on Twitter
- Denis O'Kane on Twitter
- Alexandra Factor on Twitter
- Donna Demaio on Twitter
- Justin Smith on Twitter
- Nicole Denton on Twitter
- Shannon Reid on Twitter
- Simon Owens on Twitter
- Seb Costello on Twitter
- David Kramer on Twitter
- Paul Worsteling on Twitter
- Lauren Hilbert on Twitter
- Florencia Cavallo on Twitter
- Shane McInnes on Twitter
- Cushla Travers on Twitter
Fantastic work Neil Mitchell you are the best if it wasn't for you and 3AW nobody would know what is going on. I hope you stay at 3AW for another 20 years.Colin Tuesday 7 February, 2012 - 12:08 PM
A goat on the run.. you have to be ..KIDDING ..Lisa Monday 6 February, 2012 - 5:51 PM
Goat at large in the city! Sportsfans fighting over a shirt! AW sure do know how to cover the big ones!Ken of Euroa Monday 6 February, 2012 - 1:10 PM
you need "Con the Greek", as long as it's "just one goat!"Joe Garra Monday 6 February, 2012 - 12:45 PM
Not much going on,slow news day again>.Steve Monday 6 February, 2012 - 12:09 PM