- Taxi driver jailed for raping teenage girl
- Soccer Match-fixer pleads guilty
- Myki confusion forces closure of Southern Cross info booth
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Reward offered for information on Grandmother's murder
- Western Bulldogs dump cheer squad
- 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': Puneet
- Victoria shivers through coldest December day in seven years
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Simon on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Just part of the legacy of Steve Bracks! I miss being able to ride a tram occasionally but its too damn difficult. I hope ... more
- Carole Campisano on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... Puneet is only concerned about his own welfare right now,it's all about him.He hasn't considered the poor victim's ... more
- jason on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 A great man who can now rest in peace. As for Mylene, you really are a weird miserable thing. more
- jason on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Another ripper Labor project which was estimated at $400,000 yet turned out to be the world's most expensive ticketing sytem ... more
- Christine on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... I totally agree with Trent's comments. This person has a nerve carrying on about how he thinks he will be treated, when he ... more
- Lukew on Myki confusion forces closure of ... I am not surprised. Myki confusion is reducing the number of people using public transport, especially casual users and ... more
- Gloss on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 You must all know by now that mylene never misses an opportunity to slag off at Tony and the Libs. Yes a true lefty with a ... more
- Steve on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This gutless coward will be treated for what he is a hit and run driver and when there is a fatality he deserves to do time ... more
- Mark on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Oh Mylene - what a cuddly witty little lefty you are. Your lack of decency and judgement knows no boundaries. more
- trent on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... He won't be treated as a terrorist. He'll be treated as what he is - a coward and a reckless, worthless, uncaring killer. more
- Craig on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... This man needs to take responsibility and face what he did... more
- JamesD on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Just watched Mitchell's interview with Nelson - have to say I was surprised he was chosen to do it but he performed well more
- William Griffin on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Mylene never let a solemn moment like the death of Nelson Mandela to say something silly. The people have spoken wether we ... more
- William Griffin on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... What you do you not get Puneet you pleaded guilty to a crime now you are to be held to account you scream I am be treated ... more
- mylene on Nelson Mandela dies at 95 Ironic we hear about the death of guy who united South Africa while Neil 'interviews' the man who's divided Australia. ;) more
- Tim on Having issues streaming 3AW? Have tried your suggestions but still no luck. Have had to swap our Companies on-hold station from 3AW to your rival FM ... more
- Janet Saunders on Having issues streaming 3AW? I am sick of the 3aw dropping out all the time, I changed to chrome, but no better. I think I need to change radio stations, ... more
- Mick on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs Joyce has gone from trimming QANTAS to destroying it. It seems he is hell bent on making it fail. He is ruining one of the ... more
- Peter on Having issues streaming 3AW? Since you have updated the streaming side to 3AW I can no longer listen at work :( I can not change any browser settings as ... more
- Aria Judilla on Qantas to cut 1000 jobs These job cuts are brought to you by Qantas management. The same management who recently begged shareholders for extra money ... more
Clarke named for Boxing Day Test, Starc dropped
(Photo: Scott Barbour/Getty)
Australian captain Michael Clarke has been named in the 12-man squad for the Boxing Day Test against Sri Lanka, with a decision on whether he will indeed play in the side to be put off for as long as possible.
After injuring his hamstring, Clarke was given a 50-50 chance to play.
Paceman Mitchell Starc has been rested for the match while left-armer Jackson Bird, 26, makes his test debut on the back of two outstanding Sheffield Sheilf seasons for Tasmania.
The full squad for the Boxing Day test:
Michael Clarke (c)
Shane Watson (vc)
Cricket fans attending the Boxing Day Test have been warned to act responsibly or face Police or security intervention.
Police said drink driving and anti-social behaviour will be the focus of their presence in and around the MCG, with mounted Police and foot patrols to be stationed along Birrarung Marr and Jolimont Road from the MCG to Federation Square.
"The test is set to be a world-class event. If you are intending to go along, make sure you plan your way home in advance. If you’re going to drink, leave the car at home," Victoria Police Superintendent Rod Wilson said.
"If you are making a nuisance of yourself, police and security will intervene."
@marco & JB, you are clearly sooky soccer fans or rugby thugs, nick-off and leave our cricket be. Nearly seventy thousand at the MCG for this fabulous Boxing Day game (what an absolutely splendid venue), soccer would be lucky to get twenty thousand to ANY game in Australia.GIW Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 9:42 AM
WowEddy Tuesday 25 December, 2012 - 9:17 AM
"World class event" are you kidding me? Cricket is only played by about 6 countries, what next the AFL grand final is watched by 1billion people? We are so craving for attention in this city it's embarrassing.Marco Tuesday 25 December, 2012 - 8:47 AM
Who cares? Cricket is dying, it's boring & only appeals to old conservative Anglo's, like those who host 3AW's shows.JB Monday 24 December, 2012 - 4:58 PM
After his great performance in Hobart I can understand why Mitchell Starc is upset that he is to be 'rested' for the Boxing Day Test. Mitchell Johnson and Jackson Bird will need to put in as good a performance so that the selectors don't look stupid.Gloria Monday 24 December, 2012 - 4:57 PM