- Man arrested after home invasion
- Hird to play no part at Essendon in 2014
- Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations against Labor
- Queen photobombs Comm Games selfie
- One dead, four trapped after Great Ocean Road tourist bus crash
- Video: Bike smashes into car on Clarendon St
- Earthquake hits Greenvale, Epping, Lalor and Roxburgh Park
- Man killed in Wodonga bobcat accident
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloria on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... What I find hard to believe is that a journo could lose/mislay such an important piece of equipment, I would be guarding it ... more
- Christine on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Let me be clear is another popular line, well let me be clear Labor - you are absolutely good for nothing. You and your ... more
- mylene on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The Age and Labor are basically the same organization. One stealing from the other is like junior 'borrowing' the car to go ... more
- bc on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Its all about one big liberals bitching about other liberals telling us how bad and dirty they really are thats all we need ... more
- Ricta on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... poppit & Stephen, Touche'.This story is exactly how the ALP behave in every facet of politics. Can't win honesty? Cheat.And ... more
- poppitt on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... Mr Andrews I can hear your words in my ears...Now Let Me Be Honest Here...Now Let Me just say....what a whole lot of HUMBUG ... more
- Stephen on Tape scandal: 'Criminal' allegations ... The labor party and their Union thugs make my skin crawl!! The party of sleeze and corruption! Why do people keep voting for ... more
- mick on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Since the Government wont send over the SAS to avenge the murder of our People, we can only hope some Americans were killed, ... more
- Nick on Israeli troops move into Gaza To Gloria,so the arabs get 27 other states and the jews are not even allowed 1?Sounds fair right? more
- dr ablett on Israeli troops move into Gaza The Muslims need to be taught that terrorism is not acceptable they seem extremely stupid people who cannot be reasoned ... more
- Gloria on Israeli troops move into Gaza Listened to Neil Mitchel and can't understand why everyone sticks up for Israel. The Jews pinched Palestine (with Englands ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... No one ever listens to me...no one should ever travel again in an airplane... the notion flying is safer than driving is ... more
- Peggy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... A sad day when so many lose their lives and it could have been avoided.Why would any airline fly over any country in the ... more
- Michelle on 'This won't stop the separatists ... How is a Boeing 777 shot down by accident? A totally deplorable action never mind what the conflict is. I hope all flights ... more
- Delboy on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Today the world has changed? You're kidding right? Didn't it change when Pan Am blew up over Lockerbie? And didn't it change ... more
- carole on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... Wake up australia. This sort of violence will be here sooner than you think.What a terrible thought. Government please look ... more
- Jill on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... WHY? WHY? WHY? this will be a question we will be asking ourselves for a long long time to come????????? more
- Samuel J on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... The poor buggers had perhaps gone to Amsterdam to see the live Anre Rieu concern held in Maastricht this week. What a pity ... more
- Stephen on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... My thoughts are with all the families this will affect. But who now would fly Malaysian Airlines. more
- Heather on Up to 27 Australians among 295 dead in ... This isn't terrorism it's murder! Men and their bloody wars!!! How many more innocent lives will be lost! Sincere ... more
Collingwood CEO raises drug concerns
Magpies chief executive Gary Pert has told Sports Today he doesn't believe a drug problem exists within the AFL.
This morning, the front page of the Herald Sun claimed Pert was concerned about a 'growing illegal drug culture in football'.
"It's not like I'm coming out saying I think there's drugs in the AFL," he said.
"I brought it up at the CEOs' conference really (to say that) clubs are dealing with this individually and so is the AFL to a point.
"All I did was say I think we should be dealing with an industry issue as an industry and lets work on this together."
Pert said the AFL and clubs were actively working to ensure support systems were in place to help players affected by drugs.
"One thing the club can't stop is young men actually making bad decisions and that occurs in our broader community and every day," he said.
"There's no doubt that that's within the AFL as well, and as far as I'm concerned...even if we've got one or two that are experimenting with drugs and potentially this becoming part of their lifestyle, then really we've got an issue."
Pert said all chief executives were responsible for the cultures of their clubs, and a streamlined system on dealing with drugs in AFL needed to be worked towards to protect the clubs, supporters and sponsors.
On the issue of clubs not being notified when a player records a first strike, Pert said he could appreciate both sides of the argument.
"There's no doubt that as a club, we would like to have that information because we think then we could provide better support if we had that," he said.
"But we appreciate that at the heart of the program, confidentiality must be maintained."
DERRYN HINCH: We see lots of advertisements, we hear lots of campaigns about the road toll. Don’t drink and drive. If you drink and drive, you’re a bloody idiot. Maybe we need a new slogan for another form of alcohol-induced death and injury.
Absolutely right gbh, mattâ??s comments are quite predictably moronic, spiteful & boringJan Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 11:18 AM
Like clockwork Matt. Get a new hobby. Your posts on this site are predictable and quite boring.gbh Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 9:39 AM
Bogan sport with a bogan culture. Do they learn this behaviour at Auskick? Parents who let their kids play Aussie Ball should be charged with child abuse.Matt -proudly Un-Australian Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 7:43 AM