- Full James Hird statement
- Woman arrested over racist train assault
- Detective of the Year, Wayne Cheeseman, with Ross, John and Sly
- Ebola virus diagnosed in the US
- FBI help police swoop on accused terror aid
- Bike found with woman's body found at Benalla
- Government puts pen to paper on East West contracts
- Woman assaulted, abused on train
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Milton on Full James Hird statement Essendon can't sack Hird for choosing to pursue his legal rights. Go for it James. more
- acetrim on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US Why do people who come come back from Ebola infested places go into quarantine we quarantine plants and animals more
- Linda on Ebola virus diagnosed in the US How hard would it be to quarantine people coming in from affected countries for a couple of weeks? Inconvenient yes, but ... more
- Mick on Labor leads election polls can't believe there are that many stupid people in the state, I was a regular Labour voter, not any more, all labour want to ... more
- PJ on Labor leads election polls i simply cannot believe Victorians think a socialist will provide economic security and do nothing other than increase CFMEU ... more
- Willow on Labor leads election polls I can't believe that people would prefer Dopey Danny as Premier. Then again this was published in THE AGE which is a wing of ... more
- David T. on Labor leads election polls How soon people forget the incompetence and spending waste of the previous Labor governments. more
- mylene on Labor leads election polls No surprise. The Liberals are cheerleaders for big business sacking workers and avoiding taxes. Their record on public ... more
- Gazza on Labor leads election polls Bring on the election more
- Joy of Clayton on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error What a stupid comment "Seriously" has made. Some people will recognise this young fellow as the person who lives next door, ... more
- Seriously on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error Yes it was a stupid mistake but the the guy they mistook him foreveryone knows is no longer walking around. And who ... more
- Sam on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As David T commnted above one wonders about the research and verification process related to such an important news ... more
- David T. on 'I'm gutted': Teen upset after pic error As if the decent Muslims don't have enough problems caused by these Isil thugs; now the Fairfax press is causing them ... more
- Factsseeker on Police put on high alert Every country has its violent extremists. Our prisons are full of these people. Each bikie gang seems to have a small number ... more
- pete on Police put on high alert make muslims pay for extra security via taxes also families of young terrorists to be charged with facilitation more
- PJ on Police put on high alert Your interview with Krayem was disappointing. He basically said this murderous maniac was our problem and not his ... more
- Stephen james on Police put on high alert Abbott really needs to cut down on the fear and loathing rhetoric,stop this silly Team Oz stuff, and start talking in more ... more
- Jane on Police put on high alert "A little disappointed with Victoria Polices' immediate reaction". Well Mr Ghaith, I am disappointed with Muslim community ... more
- John on Police put on high alert Islamic Council - you are kidding right? Where is your condemnation for the youth that took a knife to the meeting and ... more
- karen on Police put on high alert The Islamic council was disappointed by police reaction? Are you kidding me? They will always find an excuse! It's really ... more
'Cynical, grubby dodgy politics'
The Prime Minister is standing by decision to back away from a deal on poker machine reforms, saying there is no point to parliament engaging in political argy-bargy over the issue.
Julia Gillard says there's insufficient support in parliament's lower house for mandatory pre-commitment, despite her deal with independent Andrew Wilkie following the 2010 general election.
Wilkie has subsequently withdrawn his support for the Prime Minister after her backflip.
Ms Gillard has told the ABC the government still remains committed to poker machine reform despite her broken promise.
Does Ms. Gillard's backflip really come as a surprise to you?
After the carbon tax backflip, is this to be expected from the current government?
Does it even matter at the end of the day?
Listen to Neil Mitchell's hard-hitting opening editorial and have your say below.
PLAY: Neil Mitchell's editorial and talkback callers admit complete lack of faith in Julia Gillard
Both major parties are forced to represent the vested interests of the big corporations. Otherwise there will be a mayor publicity campaign to discredit and remove them from power. The average voter is so easy to manipulate - and the pros really know how to do it.John Wilson Friday 6 April, 2012 - 12:21 AM
Trying to bring in a carbon Tax is political suicide...end of story. The Labour Party is custard.Judy Thursday 23 February, 2012 - 12:48 PM
DONT ASKE YOU CANT BELEIVE A THING THE NOT SO prime minister I dont think she knows which way is upJohn STAFFORD Tuesday 24 January, 2012 - 4:41 PM
No matter how much Mitchell, Hinch et al talk down Australia I'm yet to see anyone leaving. Compare that to the mass migration to QLD when Jeff was in power. On that evidence alone Julia's doing a brilliant job :pMylene Tuesday 24 January, 2012 - 11:00 AM
Why are so many people shocked by Gillard's actions?
I blame the morons in this country who voted this idiot in.
Stop complaining and suffer with the rest of us now...Adam Tuesday 24 January, 2012 - 9:57 AM
Juliar and the Labor Green Govt CANNOT be trusted.
Juliar made a signed deal with Wilkie to take Govt and has reneged on the deal.
Juliar strung Wilkie along until she did the deal with Slipper and gave Wilkie the slipper.
Juliar did this now to give herself leadership control & Labor the time to SPIN their way out before the next election.
Delusional Juliar believes that she has the capacity to use the spin department to her advantage to regain voter support. Ha dreaming.
Juliar had NO intention of pushing a gambling reform against the Labor Clubs she gets support from.
There was little or pathetic lobbying, NO advertising and NO vote taken in or outside the parliament for gambling reform AND her OWN alliance were against it.
The trial is rubbish & a total waste.
Might as well hand it over to the gamblers directly, than her wealthy clubs.
Will now give $87 Million to her OWN Labor clubs in the ACT, wont start till 2013 & outcomes report till 2016, well after the NEXT election.
Whats so despicable is the spin she uses as Historic Govt Reforms, when this is a total LIE, the trial is doomed and WE know it too.
Juliar is one hell of a conniving untrustworthy snake & must be thrown out of office & has brought disrepute to this office.Slippery Unscrupulous Rat Monday 23 January, 2012 - 9:14 PM