- CONTENT WARNING: Man king-hit in by mystery man
- Tony Mokbel loses appeal against drug trafficking conviction
- Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with Neil Mitchell over anti-boxing comments
- Tullamarine traffic chaos set to continue throughout evening peak
- Man in serious condition after gas bottle explosion
- Stonnington Council asks for police investigation
- Video: Several killed in Texas twisters
- Relatives of man shot dead in alleged attempted robbery appeal for accomplices to come forward
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- dan on Tom Elliott jumps into the ring with ... Unfortunately when Neil comes out with 'ban boxing' it waters down what is a fair argument, that there should be more ... more
- David on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Great idea more trains and less trucks on the road. When was the last time you saw train do a delivery to a building site or ... more
- Turkey on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... To many bottom feeders in the road transport game these days. more
- Luke on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Thank God we don't have the East-West Link, otherwise traffic would be backed up on the Eastern as well!!!!!!! more
- Tony on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... What the hell is wrong with this society? Every comment is about blaming someone, blaming the government or winging about ... more
- Mad Rooster on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Checked Vic Roads app at 7.04am (30 mins after accident) and it says traffic on Tulla / Citylink from Brunswick Rd to ... more
- Jillian on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Why do things like this happen during the peak hour on any working day? more
- MAC on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Or your could try catching public transport....UH-no, wait, cant do that, would shrink our tiny manhood to much not to BE IN ... more
- Rumpole on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... More trains and rail freight and less trucks on the road! The 600 people on my train made it to work this morning and i got ... more
- david mccrossan on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Get facts right please. Its not a b double. Its a truck and dog. Used for carting sand gravel etc more
- Harry Brown on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Successive Governments fail to introduce sensible road rules like they have in UK.Trucks are only allowed in left two ... more
- Jim on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... What goes around comes around...speed, tailgating...hospital! more
- Josh on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Bofya: What an irresponsible comment! At least give the investigation a chance to assess the cause of the crash before ... more
- Dan from Wheelers Hill on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... @ Bofya Kinetiks.How about waiting to find out what happened before making stupid comments, you fool. As for 3AW, it's not a ... more
- Brian Tunstead on Tullamarine traffic chaos set to ... Bofya Kinetiks did you witness this crash? If not, what gives you the right to automatically judge and assume the ... more
- Juy Legh on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament I have an autistic grandson. I doubt that he will ever get anything from this scheme. The proof will be in the outcomes, ... more
- Jim on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament She wasn't crying about anything other than how badly defeated she is going to be in September. September too far away! more
- Ben on Victoria's most wanted man, Graham Gene ... Well he has just been tipped off. more
- sara on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament I'm crying too Julia. Please. I'm in agony. Resign. Now. Don't wait until September. Your wonderful government has led me to ... more
- Polly on Julia Gillard breaks down in parliament Julia Gillard would cry,lie,and knife you in the back to stay in power...what a piece of work more
'Cynical, grubby dodgy politics'
The Prime Minister is standing by decision to back away from a deal on poker machine reforms, saying there is no point to parliament engaging in political argy-bargy over the issue.
Julia Gillard says there's insufficient support in parliament's lower house for mandatory pre-commitment, despite her deal with independent Andrew Wilkie following the 2010 general election.
Wilkie has subsequently withdrawn his support for the Prime Minister after her backflip.
Ms Gillard has told the ABC the government still remains committed to poker machine reform despite her broken promise.
Does Ms. Gillard's backflip really come as a surprise to you?
After the carbon tax backflip, is this to be expected from the current government?
Does it even matter at the end of the day?
Listen to Neil Mitchell's hard-hitting opening editorial and have your say below.
PLAY: Neil Mitchell's editorial and talkback callers admit complete lack of faith in Julia Gillard
Both major parties are forced to represent the vested interests of the big corporations. Otherwise there will be a mayor publicity campaign to discredit and remove them from power. The average voter is so easy to manipulate - and the pros really know how to do it.John Wilson Friday 6 April, 2012 - 12:21 AM
Trying to bring in a carbon Tax is political suicide...end of story. The Labour Party is custard.Judy Thursday 23 February, 2012 - 12:48 PM
DONT ASKE YOU CANT BELEIVE A THING THE NOT SO prime minister I dont think she knows which way is upJohn STAFFORD Tuesday 24 January, 2012 - 4:41 PM
No matter how much Mitchell, Hinch et al talk down Australia I'm yet to see anyone leaving. Compare that to the mass migration to QLD when Jeff was in power. On that evidence alone Julia's doing a brilliant job :pMylene Tuesday 24 January, 2012 - 11:00 AM
Why are so many people shocked by Gillard's actions?
I blame the morons in this country who voted this idiot in.
Stop complaining and suffer with the rest of us now...Adam Tuesday 24 January, 2012 - 9:57 AM
Juliar and the Labor Green Govt CANNOT be trusted.
Juliar made a signed deal with Wilkie to take Govt and has reneged on the deal.
Juliar strung Wilkie along until she did the deal with Slipper and gave Wilkie the slipper.
Juliar did this now to give herself leadership control & Labor the time to SPIN their way out before the next election.
Delusional Juliar believes that she has the capacity to use the spin department to her advantage to regain voter support. Ha dreaming.
Juliar had NO intention of pushing a gambling reform against the Labor Clubs she gets support from.
There was little or pathetic lobbying, NO advertising and NO vote taken in or outside the parliament for gambling reform AND her OWN alliance were against it.
The trial is rubbish & a total waste.
Might as well hand it over to the gamblers directly, than her wealthy clubs.
Will now give $87 Million to her OWN Labor clubs in the ACT, wont start till 2013 & outcomes report till 2016, well after the NEXT election.
Whats so despicable is the spin she uses as Historic Govt Reforms, when this is a total LIE, the trial is doomed and WE know it too.
Juliar is one hell of a conniving untrustworthy snake & must be thrown out of office & has brought disrepute to this office.Slippery Unscrupulous Rat Monday 23 January, 2012 - 9:14 PM