- Girls charged over sickening brawl
- Obama has the last laugh
- Pakenham mystery: Man found dead in street
- Elderly woman killed at Reservoir
- Neil's Pics: Radio selfies
- Gang attack over baseball cap
- I never injected anyone: Demetriou
- Demetriou steps aside
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Kew coup: Napthine's headache The extreme right of the Liberal Party strikes again, a good competent member now in trouble, Smith is probably one of Tom's ... more
- l ross on Demetriou steps aside Best News IN years more
- Brendan on Demetriou steps aside Andrew has done an excellent job. Its all about bums on seats and tv. ratings. A+ in both areas. more
- Steve. on Demetriou steps aside And not before time, the man was always out of his depth. more
- David on Demetriou steps aside He should have been removed last year for his attack on Essendon with no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. He did a ... more
- Kate on Demetriou steps aside I think this was in the rumour file! more
- biggles on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Qantas will av a jobe for her more
- Pradman on Kew coup: Napthine's headache Good to see some young blood instead of another matron. more
- Gazza on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault What a surprise more workers lose their jobs after Abbott/WORKCHOICES is elected.its the liberal way...... more
- colin on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hey, didn't a high profile 3AW minion classify this this whole thing as Bulltish.Haven't seen a rebuttal, but I will not ... more
- klarie mcintyre on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault how can a australian carrier expect to be sustainable when qantas opted to purchase a380s instead of 777-300ers which are ... more
- Bruno Marino on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault It's about time that we stop blaming all the companies that are RUNNING away from Australia and turn our attention on the ... more
- ian on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Tell Joyce to spend less on his hair DYE ?and he might save the AIRLINE.??? more
- Rachel on Talking Geelong I have started a Meetup Group called Grassroots Geelong Grassroots Geelong is an ideas exchange and Meetup group for ... more
- JX on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault The union leaders won't rest until every Australian business goes under. You only have to look at the ex union hacks in the ... more
- david on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Hi perhaps, if those saving a couple of dollars on the cheap airlines should have put their hand in their pocket and flown ... more
- Reg Claybrook on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault Clearly Joyce has to go. Its almost beyond belief he is still there. Like to hear what John Borghetti, now with Virgin,what ... more
- Steve on Joyce: It's not the staff's fault High wage demands by greedy unions and labors carbon tax have had a big influence on these decisions by Qantas and others ... more
- Steve on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford What a tragic waste of life and talent,R.I.P Charlotte.. more
- Janet P on Dawson always loved Miller: Ford Very Sad News she was a lovely lady, RIP. more
'Cynical, grubby dodgy politics'
The Prime Minister is standing by decision to back away from a deal on poker machine reforms, saying there is no point to parliament engaging in political argy-bargy over the issue.
Julia Gillard says there's insufficient support in parliament's lower house for mandatory pre-commitment, despite her deal with independent Andrew Wilkie following the 2010 general election.
Wilkie has subsequently withdrawn his support for the Prime Minister after her backflip.
Ms Gillard has told the ABC the government still remains committed to poker machine reform despite her broken promise.
Does Ms. Gillard's backflip really come as a surprise to you?
After the carbon tax backflip, is this to be expected from the current government?
Does it even matter at the end of the day?
Listen to Neil Mitchell's hard-hitting opening editorial and have your say below.
PLAY: Neil Mitchell's editorial and talkback callers admit complete lack of faith in Julia Gillard
Both major parties are forced to represent the vested interests of the big corporations. Otherwise there will be a mayor publicity campaign to discredit and remove them from power. The average voter is so easy to manipulate - and the pros really know how to do it.John Wilson Friday 6 April, 2012 - 12:21 AM
Trying to bring in a carbon Tax is political suicide...end of story. The Labour Party is custard.Judy Thursday 23 February, 2012 - 12:48 PM
DONT ASKE YOU CANT BELEIVE A THING THE NOT SO prime minister I dont think she knows which way is upJohn STAFFORD Tuesday 24 January, 2012 - 4:41 PM
No matter how much Mitchell, Hinch et al talk down Australia I'm yet to see anyone leaving. Compare that to the mass migration to QLD when Jeff was in power. On that evidence alone Julia's doing a brilliant job :pMylene Tuesday 24 January, 2012 - 11:00 AM
Why are so many people shocked by Gillard's actions?
I blame the morons in this country who voted this idiot in.
Stop complaining and suffer with the rest of us now...Adam Tuesday 24 January, 2012 - 9:57 AM
Juliar and the Labor Green Govt CANNOT be trusted.
Juliar made a signed deal with Wilkie to take Govt and has reneged on the deal.
Juliar strung Wilkie along until she did the deal with Slipper and gave Wilkie the slipper.
Juliar did this now to give herself leadership control & Labor the time to SPIN their way out before the next election.
Delusional Juliar believes that she has the capacity to use the spin department to her advantage to regain voter support. Ha dreaming.
Juliar had NO intention of pushing a gambling reform against the Labor Clubs she gets support from.
There was little or pathetic lobbying, NO advertising and NO vote taken in or outside the parliament for gambling reform AND her OWN alliance were against it.
The trial is rubbish & a total waste.
Might as well hand it over to the gamblers directly, than her wealthy clubs.
Will now give $87 Million to her OWN Labor clubs in the ACT, wont start till 2013 & outcomes report till 2016, well after the NEXT election.
Whats so despicable is the spin she uses as Historic Govt Reforms, when this is a total LIE, the trial is doomed and WE know it too.
Juliar is one hell of a conniving untrustworthy snake & must be thrown out of office & has brought disrepute to this office.Slippery Unscrupulous Rat Monday 23 January, 2012 - 9:14 PM