- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North
- Eddie McGuire should quit: Jeff Kennett
- Bomb threat: School given all-clear
- Burnley Tunnel closed: Lucky escape in Monash truck fire
- Softened stance on sexting teens
- 'G, that's rough: Tigers unhappy
- Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no standing zone
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Samantha Mclean on Shoeless creep attacks in Fitzroy North Put guards back at all stations!!! more
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
- iain on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' More political interference is not what is required here. We need allegations of doping heard and either cleared or ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' This is a waste of taxpayers money the courts have more urgent cases to deal with. more
- Sid on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Guilty as sin but not an iota of evidence or positive test to support these claims?Everyone has a problem saying the Bombers ... more
- Christine on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' For people who actively listen, and have no agenda, Paul Little has conducted himself impeccably throughout this drawn-out ... more
'Cynical, grubby dodgy politics'
The Prime Minister is standing by decision to back away from a deal on poker machine reforms, saying there is no point to parliament engaging in political argy-bargy over the issue.
Julia Gillard says there's insufficient support in parliament's lower house for mandatory pre-commitment, despite her deal with independent Andrew Wilkie following the 2010 general election.
Wilkie has subsequently withdrawn his support for the Prime Minister after her backflip.
Ms Gillard has told the ABC the government still remains committed to poker machine reform despite her broken promise.
Does Ms. Gillard's backflip really come as a surprise to you?
After the carbon tax backflip, is this to be expected from the current government?
Does it even matter at the end of the day?
Listen to Neil Mitchell's hard-hitting opening editorial and have your say below.
PLAY: Neil Mitchell's editorial and talkback callers admit complete lack of faith in Julia Gillard
Both major parties are forced to represent the vested interests of the big corporations. Otherwise there will be a mayor publicity campaign to discredit and remove them from power. The average voter is so easy to manipulate - and the pros really know how to do it.John Wilson Friday 6 April, 2012 - 12:21 AM
Trying to bring in a carbon Tax is political suicide...end of story. The Labour Party is custard.Judy Thursday 23 February, 2012 - 12:48 PM
DONT ASKE YOU CANT BELEIVE A THING THE NOT SO prime minister I dont think she knows which way is upJohn STAFFORD Tuesday 24 January, 2012 - 4:41 PM
No matter how much Mitchell, Hinch et al talk down Australia I'm yet to see anyone leaving. Compare that to the mass migration to QLD when Jeff was in power. On that evidence alone Julia's doing a brilliant job :pMylene Tuesday 24 January, 2012 - 11:00 AM
Why are so many people shocked by Gillard's actions?
I blame the morons in this country who voted this idiot in.
Stop complaining and suffer with the rest of us now...Adam Tuesday 24 January, 2012 - 9:57 AM
Juliar and the Labor Green Govt CANNOT be trusted.
Juliar made a signed deal with Wilkie to take Govt and has reneged on the deal.
Juliar strung Wilkie along until she did the deal with Slipper and gave Wilkie the slipper.
Juliar did this now to give herself leadership control & Labor the time to SPIN their way out before the next election.
Delusional Juliar believes that she has the capacity to use the spin department to her advantage to regain voter support. Ha dreaming.
Juliar had NO intention of pushing a gambling reform against the Labor Clubs she gets support from.
There was little or pathetic lobbying, NO advertising and NO vote taken in or outside the parliament for gambling reform AND her OWN alliance were against it.
The trial is rubbish & a total waste.
Might as well hand it over to the gamblers directly, than her wealthy clubs.
Will now give $87 Million to her OWN Labor clubs in the ACT, wont start till 2013 & outcomes report till 2016, well after the NEXT election.
Whats so despicable is the spin she uses as Historic Govt Reforms, when this is a total LIE, the trial is doomed and WE know it too.
Juliar is one hell of a conniving untrustworthy snake & must be thrown out of office & has brought disrepute to this office.Slippery Unscrupulous Rat Monday 23 January, 2012 - 9:14 PM