- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- Police swarm on Bandidos club in murder investigation
- Council caught dumping waste
- Hughes in critical condition
- Woman swallowed by sinkhole
- Special pup for family's last Christmas
- Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo
- Hundreds flee burning city apartment block
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
- Dennis on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... Apparantly Edihad is supplying food and drink to people affected by the fire. I hope they're not charging football prices. more
- Chris on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... With all the media and fire fighters the dock lands population must have doubled last night. more
- Chris on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Any smart person would have put a new seat on $20 at bunnings and when they leave put the broken one back on. more
- Gloria on 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla I had written a cheque yesterday for Yooralla Appeal, will not decide whether to post it or not until investigations are ... more
- andy on Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer good luck more
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
- greg on New-age helmet design I'm sure(NOT) that will prevent motorists from hitting cyclists. It's a dumb idea and the helmet is both hideous and ... more
Daniel Andrews defends decision not to contact injured boy following crash
Opposition Leader Daniel Andrews is defending his decision not to contact a boy injured in a crash involving his wife, claiming it would be inappropriate amid a police investigation.
Catherine Andrews was driving her husband, Mr Andrews, and their three children around Blairgowrie nine days ago in a taxpayer-funded car when they collided with a cyclist.
The 15-year-old rider, Ryan Meuleman, suffered internal bleeding, a punctured lung, broken ribs and cuts in the collision.
His father spoke to the Herald Sun, angry that the opposition leader had not been in contact with his son to apologise.
Mr Andrews told Justin Smith on 3AW that it would have been inappropriate for him to try to contact the youth as police investigate the incident.
"What I want to make very clear is that we did not contact Ryan, we did not contact his father and the reason we didn't do that is the police have not, as I understand it, interviewed him," he said.
"He is obviously a witness to the incident, the police have got an important job to do and I am not after any special treatment and I'm certainly not going to interfere with the police doing their important work."
What a rort, a wife who is discribed as a private citizen driving a Tax Payer Funded Vehicle. Sick of our hard earned $s being used & abused by politicians.janetp Thursday 17 January, 2013 - 9:08 AM
I am NOT a Labor voter, but agree this is such a blow up!... must have been a slow news day for the Herald Sun?... WHY should the father get a phone call? His son is the one that ran into Mrs Andrews, why didnt the Dad could HER to enquire how much stress his son caused her and the 3 children in the back seat?? ....
Was he wearing a helmet? No, she wasnt breath tested, but at the same time she was not at fault either... He came out at her from a dirt road.... SO very glad there wasnt any bush fires or tragic accidents to report, cos if there was, this story would probably have been on page 7...wendy Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 5:01 PM
More proof, if we needed it, of the standard of the Murdoch press.Barry Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 4:31 PM
Daniel Andrews and his wife deserve an apology from the boy, his father and the disgracefull Herald Sun for putting this beat up story in their paper and of all places on the front page.JOHN FROM HEATHMONT Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 2:20 PM
What is the kids farther after some cash maybe? it sounds like his kid was in the wrong anyway and how come Andrews wife wasn't breath tested?or was it do you know who we are??Steve Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 2:08 PM
Is the father going to pay for the damage to the vehicle, it seems that the boy was at fault....or has he called to see how Mrs Andrew's is and offering an apology on his son's behalf..Di Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 2:07 PM