- Multi-car crash on Princes Highway
- Siege at Barwon Prison
- Dramatic resuce after Port Phillip boat collision
- Clive Palmer spits the dummy
- Body found in burning car
- No costings, but Dan's the man in tight debate
- Milne welcome back at St Kilda
- Injured cyclist's painful ambo wait
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
- greg on New-age helmet design I'm sure(NOT) that will prevent motorists from hitting cyclists. It's a dumb idea and the helmet is both hideous and ... more
- Jester4212 on New-age helmet design Is this the answer to more accountable cyclists? No. This will make it more dangerous for cyclists. You can guarantee ... more
- Lynne on New-age helmet design Hi Neil,I think this is a great idea not just for riders but other road and footpath users too! All too often as a ... more
- Colin Lacivita on New-age helmet design Good Idea especially with the rego on the back.I wish I thought of it. more
- Gabriel on New-age helmet design This looks ridiculous. And that clear visor looks like it could end up lodged in your eyes. more
- Miracle Rescue on Miracle rescue for trapped man Separate trucks and cars more
- Stephen on Miracle rescue for trapped man Surprised this doesn't happen more often to be honest. BRAKING DISTANCE between vehicles is just not observed by Melbourne ... more
- jgl Melb on Balme returns to Pies How much compensation will this cost Ed ? more
- Jester4212 on Two Melbourne Cup horses dead And what about the pain the animal had to endure up until this point? more
- Sinbad on Two Melbourne Cup horses dead People collapse and die in marathons on a fairly frequent basis and we don't hear the outcry, wringing of hands, tears and ... more
- bushiepete on 78yo spends 2 hours having spasms on ... yes there were a lot of happy people who had drugs, grog,to much fun time and need to be baby sat by the police and ambos.. ... more
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
Daniel Andrews defends decision not to contact injured boy following crash
Opposition Leader Daniel Andrews is defending his decision not to contact a boy injured in a crash involving his wife, claiming it would be inappropriate amid a police investigation.
Catherine Andrews was driving her husband, Mr Andrews, and their three children around Blairgowrie nine days ago in a taxpayer-funded car when they collided with a cyclist.
The 15-year-old rider, Ryan Meuleman, suffered internal bleeding, a punctured lung, broken ribs and cuts in the collision.
His father spoke to the Herald Sun, angry that the opposition leader had not been in contact with his son to apologise.
Mr Andrews told Justin Smith on 3AW that it would have been inappropriate for him to try to contact the youth as police investigate the incident.
"What I want to make very clear is that we did not contact Ryan, we did not contact his father and the reason we didn't do that is the police have not, as I understand it, interviewed him," he said.
"He is obviously a witness to the incident, the police have got an important job to do and I am not after any special treatment and I'm certainly not going to interfere with the police doing their important work."
What a rort, a wife who is discribed as a private citizen driving a Tax Payer Funded Vehicle. Sick of our hard earned $s being used & abused by politicians.janetp Thursday 17 January, 2013 - 9:08 AM
I am NOT a Labor voter, but agree this is such a blow up!... must have been a slow news day for the Herald Sun?... WHY should the father get a phone call? His son is the one that ran into Mrs Andrews, why didnt the Dad could HER to enquire how much stress his son caused her and the 3 children in the back seat?? ....
Was he wearing a helmet? No, she wasnt breath tested, but at the same time she was not at fault either... He came out at her from a dirt road.... SO very glad there wasnt any bush fires or tragic accidents to report, cos if there was, this story would probably have been on page 7...wendy Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 5:01 PM
More proof, if we needed it, of the standard of the Murdoch press.Barry Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 4:31 PM
Daniel Andrews and his wife deserve an apology from the boy, his father and the disgracefull Herald Sun for putting this beat up story in their paper and of all places on the front page.JOHN FROM HEATHMONT Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 2:20 PM
What is the kids farther after some cash maybe? it sounds like his kid was in the wrong anyway and how come Andrews wife wasn't breath tested?or was it do you know who we are??Steve Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 2:08 PM
Is the father going to pay for the damage to the vehicle, it seems that the boy was at fault....or has he called to see how Mrs Andrew's is and offering an apology on his son's behalf..Di Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 2:07 PM