- Ambulance Victoria dismisses Melbourne Ebola fears
- Poll points to big Liberal loss
- Chinatown murder charge
- A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is shattered'
- Has this CCTV caught a ghost?
- The Rumour File even we didn't think could be true...
- Man hunt after stabbing shock
- A letter from the chaos
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
- Lance on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Ghost?Sounds legit. more
- Andrea Davey on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Our Legal System needs a complete overhaul. This man had 200 prior convictions and now a good honest person is dead. Why oh ... more
- Renee Wood on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Bridget my heart breaks for you and your family. Your strength through that interview was amazing. Im ashamed of our ... more
- Mel on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Shame on YOU! more
- Mel on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Yes i believe it to be a ghost, yes. more
- Kathryn on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... Dear 3AW, I too was robbed while in Frances Perry Hospital in 2010, three days after giving birth by C Section to my ... more
- Ken LEE TET on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The shape on the chair is not identifiable as a person in this still photo. Maybe a better view if we could see the video, ... more
- Lisa on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? Neil, Ive seen ghosts, and they are grey to charcoal in colour, this looks white.....mmm I have my doubts ;) more
- Belinda on Wild weather causes train chaos I shot a video of last night's thunderstorm and lightning strikes in Melbourne. My house is in Footscray. more
- Jason on Wild weather causes train chaos Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening! more
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
Daniel Andrews defends decision not to contact injured boy following crash
Opposition Leader Daniel Andrews is defending his decision not to contact a boy injured in a crash involving his wife, claiming it would be inappropriate amid a police investigation.
Catherine Andrews was driving her husband, Mr Andrews, and their three children around Blairgowrie nine days ago in a taxpayer-funded car when they collided with a cyclist.
The 15-year-old rider, Ryan Meuleman, suffered internal bleeding, a punctured lung, broken ribs and cuts in the collision.
His father spoke to the Herald Sun, angry that the opposition leader had not been in contact with his son to apologise.
Mr Andrews told Justin Smith on 3AW that it would have been inappropriate for him to try to contact the youth as police investigate the incident.
"What I want to make very clear is that we did not contact Ryan, we did not contact his father and the reason we didn't do that is the police have not, as I understand it, interviewed him," he said.
"He is obviously a witness to the incident, the police have got an important job to do and I am not after any special treatment and I'm certainly not going to interfere with the police doing their important work."
What a rort, a wife who is discribed as a private citizen driving a Tax Payer Funded Vehicle. Sick of our hard earned $s being used & abused by politicians.janetp Thursday 17 January, 2013 - 9:08 AM
I am NOT a Labor voter, but agree this is such a blow up!... must have been a slow news day for the Herald Sun?... WHY should the father get a phone call? His son is the one that ran into Mrs Andrews, why didnt the Dad could HER to enquire how much stress his son caused her and the 3 children in the back seat?? ....
Was he wearing a helmet? No, she wasnt breath tested, but at the same time she was not at fault either... He came out at her from a dirt road.... SO very glad there wasnt any bush fires or tragic accidents to report, cos if there was, this story would probably have been on page 7...wendy Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 5:01 PM
More proof, if we needed it, of the standard of the Murdoch press.Barry Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 4:31 PM
Daniel Andrews and his wife deserve an apology from the boy, his father and the disgracefull Herald Sun for putting this beat up story in their paper and of all places on the front page.JOHN FROM HEATHMONT Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 2:20 PM
What is the kids farther after some cash maybe? it sounds like his kid was in the wrong anyway and how come Andrews wife wasn't breath tested?or was it do you know who we are??Steve Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 2:08 PM
Is the father going to pay for the damage to the vehicle, it seems that the boy was at fault....or has he called to see how Mrs Andrew's is and offering an apology on his son's behalf..Di Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 2:07 PM