- GWS joins gay marriage debate
- Smoking cops 'not a good look'
- Sly's Policeman of the year award
- Husband's 'brutal' bludgeoning to stop wife moving
- The most powerful selfie ever?
- Bung case not limited to one man: Lay
- Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry assistance
- Concerns for missing 14-year-old
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- 3am drunken cops on Sly's Policeman of the year award Provocation is no defence in Vic, but cheap drinks at the police club is the square up.Computers can only give you so much ... more
- Peggy on Preston road rage caught on camera But Neil, the ute is registered and it still happened. Isn't paying rego meant to stop this from happening?Bill from ... more
- PH on Smoking cops 'not a good look' I think you mean discreet (secretive) rather than discrete (separate).Let's hope they used an ashtray and didn't illegally ... more
- GIW on GWS joins gay marriage debate I wonder if ALL the players are in accord with this and will they display a rainbow logo on their jumpers? more
- David R on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Is smoking Illegal? No. Then what does it matter? more
- Steve on Sly's Policeman of the year award Must be a mate of slys>.. more
- Steve on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... All manufacturing in this country is on shaky ground because of union demands for high wages who's next to fold up?? more
- C. McDonald on Having issues streaming 3AW? I moved to Daylesford and cannot get 3AW although driving along the Calder to bendigo and then Echuca in my car I can get AW ... more
- Maureen on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... The unions don't get it. They are the reason that manufacturing is doomed in Australia. That, and years of a useless Labor ... more
- Jake on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Lay has presided over the new image of black-shirt gestapo police, so who cares about the smoking. more
- Pradman on Murder suspect in dispute over plaster ... He should have got a job with Mick Gatto; easier than plastering. more
- Give Up on Having issues streaming 3AW? I can't listen or watch 3AW any more - so sad. Will have to stick to the odd hour or two in the car. more
- Pradman on Video: Shark in Port Phillip Bay? There are plenty of bronze whalers seen in the bay every year from Rye to the heads. They clean up the dead seal carcasses. more
- Wayne on Preston road rage caught on camera This footage clearly shows the suction cup of a window mount for the phone so this recording is no more illegal than someone ... more
- nik on Preston road rage caught on camera I'm amazed the pic wasn't photoshopped and the use replaced with a bike! more
- bc on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... ask mud guts hockey to take a pay cut not on your life buddy neil ask hockey how much is it costing the tax payers flying ... more
- double standards for coppers on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Former Victoria Police detective Charlie Bezzina, who has(had) 38 years experience in force, says sometimes internal police ... more
- wayne on Having issues streaming 3AW? I listen to the ABC because I still cant get any Fairfax Stations at all and the computer is two years old FIX IT more
- bigmoralcopper on Man launches petition to reel in ... Perhaps if this Steve, who by his own admission was employed for over thirty years constant,was made to follow the ... more
- oh dear on GWS joins gay marriage debate what will Gay Western Sydney do next? support climate change legislation and asylum seekers? more
Daniel Andrews defends decision not to contact injured boy following crash
Opposition Leader Daniel Andrews is defending his decision not to contact a boy injured in a crash involving his wife, claiming it would be inappropriate amid a police investigation.
Catherine Andrews was driving her husband, Mr Andrews, and their three children around Blairgowrie nine days ago in a taxpayer-funded car when they collided with a cyclist.
The 15-year-old rider, Ryan Meuleman, suffered internal bleeding, a punctured lung, broken ribs and cuts in the collision.
His father spoke to the Herald Sun, angry that the opposition leader had not been in contact with his son to apologise.
Mr Andrews told Justin Smith on 3AW that it would have been inappropriate for him to try to contact the youth as police investigate the incident.
"What I want to make very clear is that we did not contact Ryan, we did not contact his father and the reason we didn't do that is the police have not, as I understand it, interviewed him," he said.
"He is obviously a witness to the incident, the police have got an important job to do and I am not after any special treatment and I'm certainly not going to interfere with the police doing their important work."
What a rort, a wife who is discribed as a private citizen driving a Tax Payer Funded Vehicle. Sick of our hard earned $s being used & abused by politicians.janetp Thursday 17 January, 2013 - 9:08 AM
I am NOT a Labor voter, but agree this is such a blow up!... must have been a slow news day for the Herald Sun?... WHY should the father get a phone call? His son is the one that ran into Mrs Andrews, why didnt the Dad could HER to enquire how much stress his son caused her and the 3 children in the back seat?? ....
Was he wearing a helmet? No, she wasnt breath tested, but at the same time she was not at fault either... He came out at her from a dirt road.... SO very glad there wasnt any bush fires or tragic accidents to report, cos if there was, this story would probably have been on page 7...wendy Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 5:01 PM
More proof, if we needed it, of the standard of the Murdoch press.Barry Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 4:31 PM
Daniel Andrews and his wife deserve an apology from the boy, his father and the disgracefull Herald Sun for putting this beat up story in their paper and of all places on the front page.JOHN FROM HEATHMONT Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 2:20 PM
What is the kids farther after some cash maybe? it sounds like his kid was in the wrong anyway and how come Andrews wife wasn't breath tested?or was it do you know who we are??Steve Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 2:08 PM
Is the father going to pay for the damage to the vehicle, it seems that the boy was at fault....or has he called to see how Mrs Andrew's is and offering an apology on his son's behalf..Di Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 2:07 PM