- Shot fired at Cranbourne home
- Mystery surrounds tip death
- Drug cartel sets up shop in Australia
- Police investigate woman's death
- Bombers battered in court
- Terror raids: Sydney man charged over terrorism plot
- Attempted tobacco smuggling ring busted in Port Melbourne
- RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard thief checking in for 'other matters' at police station
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Willow on Bombers battered in court About time, justice at last. A lesson to players for the future, do not take part in experiments just because your Club and ... more
- Aria Judillaa on Bombers battered in court Sorry Hird, but when people start challenging the validity of an investigation it's pretty obvious they have something to ... more
- Iain on Bombers battered in court I wonder if Essendon get it know..Justice Middleton is well respected and agrees they have a case to answer. Essendon: take ... more
- Stephen on Bombers battered in court Time to move on and draw a line under this by all sides. The evidence is not there or this would have been put to bed by ... more
- IBARKER on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Great result for the Person that had his Boards Stolen. more
- RFor on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... LOVE IT !!!Like the other one a few weeks ago- Pollys Questn. Suspect, he says no not me, shows his brothers I.D. - Pollys ... more
- Jodie O'Donovan on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Sounds like the bloke who robbed my house while I was across the road at work, watching him. My husband ran to the house to ... more
- David T. on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... This is one thief who is totally unsuited to his chosen career. more
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
Daniel Andrews defends decision not to contact injured boy following crash
Opposition Leader Daniel Andrews is defending his decision not to contact a boy injured in a crash involving his wife, claiming it would be inappropriate amid a police investigation.
Catherine Andrews was driving her husband, Mr Andrews, and their three children around Blairgowrie nine days ago in a taxpayer-funded car when they collided with a cyclist.
The 15-year-old rider, Ryan Meuleman, suffered internal bleeding, a punctured lung, broken ribs and cuts in the collision.
His father spoke to the Herald Sun, angry that the opposition leader had not been in contact with his son to apologise.
Mr Andrews told Justin Smith on 3AW that it would have been inappropriate for him to try to contact the youth as police investigate the incident.
"What I want to make very clear is that we did not contact Ryan, we did not contact his father and the reason we didn't do that is the police have not, as I understand it, interviewed him," he said.
"He is obviously a witness to the incident, the police have got an important job to do and I am not after any special treatment and I'm certainly not going to interfere with the police doing their important work."
What a rort, a wife who is discribed as a private citizen driving a Tax Payer Funded Vehicle. Sick of our hard earned $s being used & abused by politicians.janetp Thursday 17 January, 2013 - 9:08 AM
I am NOT a Labor voter, but agree this is such a blow up!... must have been a slow news day for the Herald Sun?... WHY should the father get a phone call? His son is the one that ran into Mrs Andrews, why didnt the Dad could HER to enquire how much stress his son caused her and the 3 children in the back seat?? ....
Was he wearing a helmet? No, she wasnt breath tested, but at the same time she was not at fault either... He came out at her from a dirt road.... SO very glad there wasnt any bush fires or tragic accidents to report, cos if there was, this story would probably have been on page 7...wendy Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 5:01 PM
More proof, if we needed it, of the standard of the Murdoch press.Barry Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 4:31 PM
Daniel Andrews and his wife deserve an apology from the boy, his father and the disgracefull Herald Sun for putting this beat up story in their paper and of all places on the front page.JOHN FROM HEATHMONT Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 2:20 PM
What is the kids farther after some cash maybe? it sounds like his kid was in the wrong anyway and how come Andrews wife wasn't breath tested?or was it do you know who we are??Steve Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 2:08 PM
Is the father going to pay for the damage to the vehicle, it seems that the boy was at fault....or has he called to see how Mrs Andrew's is and offering an apology on his son's behalf..Di Wednesday 16 January, 2013 - 2:07 PM