- 'Thrill killer' Hemming jailed
- Homegrown terror risks by numbers
- Man arrested after police chase
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on Man arrested after police chase The Police should have gotten a couple of truckies to setup a road block and then abandon their trucks. This would really ... more
- PatQuickCrazy on Man arrested after police chase We could do what the Greens like to do for anything and everything like this...how about we just ban cars? more
- Aria Judilla on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues @GIW - Rather than just bag Mylene personally maybe you could actually point out which part of her post you think was ... more
- david lucas on Man arrested after police chase Dont the police have road spikes? This has gone too long putting many people in small town and on the road at risk more
- MskK on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues You surely have to ask what all these attacks have as a common denominator.... That would be Islam! more
- PJ on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Its time we faced facts. Australians subsidise Renewable Energy to the tune of $21 Billion now just so its electricity can ... more
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- David on Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince ... Why do they blame the government? Seems to me that they're just using it as an excuse to reduce staff to make more money more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- Peggy on Why Rosie Batty erupted Someone failed this little boy that's for sure and this is what this is all about.Everyone must answer all questions ... more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted @ Heather, the police are not stupid. My husband has dealt with hundreds of court orders over his career. The problem is ... more
- GIW on Why Rosie Batty erupted I agree with you @Damo and like you was not game enough to say anything. I was asking that same question from the beginning. more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
Dick Smith ad too rude for TV?
Australian entrepreneur Dick Smith is fuming after an advertisement he filmed for Australia Day was deemed too offensive to air during prime-time television.
The tongue-in-cheek-ad, which references a 'dingo's donger' and other phallic-innuendos, also features an elderly woman saying 'there's only one dick I'll be eating on Australia day.'
Mr Smith also implores consumers to "chow down on my OzEnuts" and "shake my OzEsauce."
Asylum seekers are also portrayed coming ashore to be greeted by Smith with a handful of his own products.
"The taste is a beauty, why else would thousands be trying to get here?" he says in the ad.
Mr Smith said the advertisement is just good harmless fun and captures the best of Aussie humour.
He is currently considering legal action if the PG rating isn't revoked.
CONTENT WARNING: Some viewers may find the advertisement offensive
Well folks, looks like the majority couldn't handle the the thought of some respect, dignity free of rascism and sexsm would be a good thing for us Ozies. For those who were severely offended by asking us to step up, Good luck to ya Mate!Dave green Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 7:10 PM
Hey Dick - I am sorry to say that you have pushed an Amercanism in "chow down".
Refer to http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/92700.html
The phrase "chow down" originated in the U.S. military around WWII. The earliest printed citation on this site refers to The Hammond Times, December 1942, in a story about life on a submarine.
So Dick, not so Ozzie-mighty in your research!
Back to the tasty Yank-owned Vegemite for me.Jonesy Monday 28 January, 2013 - 1:23 PM
mylenes' comments can sometimes be amusing even if they left wing Labor but @mandy is just downright rude and insulting!GIW Monday 28 January, 2013 - 12:41 PM
Monica,I will give you a tip,focus in on what the subject is about and try to keep it together you've taken it to heart maybe you need to get some therapy I have every right to make a comment whether you like it or not so suck it up troll doll and get a life.mandy Monday 28 January, 2013 - 9:55 AM
Given that most tv adds are as boring as bat shit, I found this add to be about as Australian as you can get.
Funny, and entertaining. I love it. It's Dick 4 me!
Ha haPhil Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 2:30 PM
When will Dick introduce the Aussie condom? Dick's Ozzie frangers - got you fair dinkum covered.Ivan@kinnane Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 12:45 PM