- 'It's not OK': Pollie's anger over 'pornographic' graffiti
- Australian troops land in Middle East for 'mission - not war'
- Girl, 11, flees windowless van
- Woman killed in Cranbourne horse fall
- Burnt body discovered along train tracks
- Man critical after one-car Hampton smash
- Geelong ruckman Dawson Simpson caught drink-driving
- Man found dead in Noble Park
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
- Sue Hughes on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Such inconsiderate behaviour from so-called adults. I suspect these people have just moved in and couldn't care less about ... more
- Kathy on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... What happened to consideration and common sense mr and mrsÂ cubbins? I hope your made to pay to clean up your ... more
- Rick on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Simple solution as the neighbor who had their roller door blocked.Nissan Patrol + 4000kg snap strap.Rip it right off the ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... This is crazy no one should own a lane way. Maybe in 1887 there was no lane way and it was a dirt horse trail. For once I am ... more
- Johnno on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... Solicitor's and barrister's rubbing their hands over another prolonged adverse possession case. more
- Rob Jackson on Melbourne's most controversial roller ... How ridiculous...people are so stupid. Why would you put a roller door in that spot unless you were just trying to ... more
- Peter on Does Collingwood still want Lumumba? The best thing Collingwood could do would be to get rid of this clown! Too precious and full of his own importance! more
- jgl Melb on Does Collingwood still want Lumumba? When,not if,he walks out he'll do so in an upright manner.The chip on each shoulder will take care of that. more
Dick Smith ad too rude for TV?
Australian entrepreneur Dick Smith is fuming after an advertisement he filmed for Australia Day was deemed too offensive to air during prime-time television.
The tongue-in-cheek-ad, which references a 'dingo's donger' and other phallic-innuendos, also features an elderly woman saying 'there's only one dick I'll be eating on Australia day.'
Mr Smith also implores consumers to "chow down on my OzEnuts" and "shake my OzEsauce."
Asylum seekers are also portrayed coming ashore to be greeted by Smith with a handful of his own products.
"The taste is a beauty, why else would thousands be trying to get here?" he says in the ad.
Mr Smith said the advertisement is just good harmless fun and captures the best of Aussie humour.
He is currently considering legal action if the PG rating isn't revoked.
CONTENT WARNING: Some viewers may find the advertisement offensive
Well folks, looks like the majority couldn't handle the the thought of some respect, dignity free of rascism and sexsm would be a good thing for us Ozies. For those who were severely offended by asking us to step up, Good luck to ya Mate!Dave green Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 7:10 PM
Hey Dick - I am sorry to say that you have pushed an Amercanism in "chow down".
Refer to http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/92700.html
The phrase "chow down" originated in the U.S. military around WWII. The earliest printed citation on this site refers to The Hammond Times, December 1942, in a story about life on a submarine.
So Dick, not so Ozzie-mighty in your research!
Back to the tasty Yank-owned Vegemite for me.Jonesy Monday 28 January, 2013 - 1:23 PM
mylenes' comments can sometimes be amusing even if they left wing Labor but @mandy is just downright rude and insulting!GIW Monday 28 January, 2013 - 12:41 PM
Monica,I will give you a tip,focus in on what the subject is about and try to keep it together you've taken it to heart maybe you need to get some therapy I have every right to make a comment whether you like it or not so suck it up troll doll and get a life.mandy Monday 28 January, 2013 - 9:55 AM
Given that most tv adds are as boring as bat shit, I found this add to be about as Australian as you can get.
Funny, and entertaining. I love it. It's Dick 4 me!
Ha haPhil Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 2:30 PM
When will Dick introduce the Aussie condom? Dick's Ozzie frangers - got you fair dinkum covered.Ivan@kinnane Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 12:45 PM