- BREAKING: Dramatic cop chase
- Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues
- Gone with the wind: Keppel Prince Engineering to sack 100 workers
- Three dead in fatal 'neighbourhood dispute'
- 'Violence, unsafe sex and drugs'
- Why Rosie Batty erupted
- Blockbuster Easter to kickstart 2015
- Crews mop up Docklands diesel leak
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- GIW on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues mylene, your comments are just so unbelievable. Get your Labor/Socialist brain into a right mind and say something sensible, ... more
- PJ on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Morning Neil, I listen with shock at the interview with that Professor.1. tax payer funded job programmes 2. more free ... more
- Peggy on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues I say, let the Jihadists go and hopefully they won't come back for whatever reson but change laws so that they can't come ... more
- mylene on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues More people are going to get killed in Australia in domestic incidents and disputes with neighbours than terrorism. You ... more
- Ben on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues This is one reason why security should be tight at government premises and that includes a ban on wearing the burka in ... more
- Pradman on Parliament in lockdown as hunt continues Meanwhile all burqa wearers are welcome in Canberra. more
- Heather on Why Rosie Batty erupted I feel for Rosie Batty ' s loss of her son Luke. It seems the Andersons actions are attributed to MI when it should be ... more
- Factsseeker on Why Rosie Batty erupted What is the matter with our conservative media. There was a child killed here ! The coronial inquiry is being held to try ... more
- Damo on Why Rosie Batty erupted I know i will cop it for saying this but my understanding of this is: Rosie got a intervention order against her husband. ... more
- IBARKER on Why Rosie Batty erupted This one reason why she should not enter Politics. more
- Linda on Why Rosie Batty erupted This is a most distressing case, but we cannot allow ourselves to get to a point where people are above being questioned. ... more
- Tess on Why Rosie Batty erupted Two parents both love the children equally it's not one parents right to say they love(d) their child more than the other! ... more
- Mandi on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 These shall not be forgotten years.I will never forget that powerful speech an aussie icon laid to rest. more
- Gloss on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Al Black, I agree. Whitlam was arrogant and self-centred and deserved to be sacked over the Khemlani Affair, which he ... more
- Iain on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Yes Gough was a significant figure in Australian history but more, much more, than that..he was a decent and generous man. A ... more
- shane on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Gough Whitlam was one of the greatest Labor Primeministers of all time, Gough could see 20 in front of him, his most ... more
- Al Black on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Gough Whitlam's government was so bad it had to be sacked, and his legacy was to inspire Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard to ... more
- Phil on Teachers, students to protest together Its amazing the schools are encouraging their students to protest against 'children in the detention' but can't offer a ... more
- Bernadette on Teachers, students to protest together Catholic Teachings regarding Social Justice are very clearly set out, that ALL people regardless of who they are should at ... more
- Parent on Teachers, students to protest together A fantastic opportunity for young men to analyse & discuss the abhorrent detention of children who have a strong likelihood ... more
Dick Smith ad too rude for TV?
Australian entrepreneur Dick Smith is fuming after an advertisement he filmed for Australia Day was deemed too offensive to air during prime-time television.
The tongue-in-cheek-ad, which references a 'dingo's donger' and other phallic-innuendos, also features an elderly woman saying 'there's only one dick I'll be eating on Australia day.'
Mr Smith also implores consumers to "chow down on my OzEnuts" and "shake my OzEsauce."
Asylum seekers are also portrayed coming ashore to be greeted by Smith with a handful of his own products.
"The taste is a beauty, why else would thousands be trying to get here?" he says in the ad.
Mr Smith said the advertisement is just good harmless fun and captures the best of Aussie humour.
He is currently considering legal action if the PG rating isn't revoked.
CONTENT WARNING: Some viewers may find the advertisement offensive
Well folks, looks like the majority couldn't handle the the thought of some respect, dignity free of rascism and sexsm would be a good thing for us Ozies. For those who were severely offended by asking us to step up, Good luck to ya Mate!Dave green Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 7:10 PM
Hey Dick - I am sorry to say that you have pushed an Amercanism in "chow down".
Refer to http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/92700.html
The phrase "chow down" originated in the U.S. military around WWII. The earliest printed citation on this site refers to The Hammond Times, December 1942, in a story about life on a submarine.
So Dick, not so Ozzie-mighty in your research!
Back to the tasty Yank-owned Vegemite for me.Jonesy Monday 28 January, 2013 - 1:23 PM
mylenes' comments can sometimes be amusing even if they left wing Labor but @mandy is just downright rude and insulting!GIW Monday 28 January, 2013 - 12:41 PM
Monica,I will give you a tip,focus in on what the subject is about and try to keep it together you've taken it to heart maybe you need to get some therapy I have every right to make a comment whether you like it or not so suck it up troll doll and get a life.mandy Monday 28 January, 2013 - 9:55 AM
Given that most tv adds are as boring as bat shit, I found this add to be about as Australian as you can get.
Funny, and entertaining. I love it. It's Dick 4 me!
Ha haPhil Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 2:30 PM
When will Dick introduce the Aussie condom? Dick's Ozzie frangers - got you fair dinkum covered.Ivan@kinnane Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 12:45 PM