- Multi-car crash on Princes Highway
- Siege at Barwon Prison
- Dramatic resuce after Port Phillip boat collision
- Clive Palmer spits the dummy
- Body found in burning car
- No costings, but Dan's the man in tight debate
- Milne welcome back at St Kilda
- Injured cyclist's painful ambo wait
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
- greg on New-age helmet design I'm sure(NOT) that will prevent motorists from hitting cyclists. It's a dumb idea and the helmet is both hideous and ... more
- Jester4212 on New-age helmet design Is this the answer to more accountable cyclists? No. This will make it more dangerous for cyclists. You can guarantee ... more
- Lynne on New-age helmet design Hi Neil,I think this is a great idea not just for riders but other road and footpath users too! All too often as a ... more
- Colin Lacivita on New-age helmet design Good Idea especially with the rego on the back.I wish I thought of it. more
- Gabriel on New-age helmet design This looks ridiculous. And that clear visor looks like it could end up lodged in your eyes. more
- Miracle Rescue on Miracle rescue for trapped man Separate trucks and cars more
- Stephen on Miracle rescue for trapped man Surprised this doesn't happen more often to be honest. BRAKING DISTANCE between vehicles is just not observed by Melbourne ... more
- jgl Melb on Balme returns to Pies How much compensation will this cost Ed ? more
- Jester4212 on Two Melbourne Cup horses dead And what about the pain the animal had to endure up until this point? more
- Sinbad on Two Melbourne Cup horses dead People collapse and die in marathons on a fairly frequent basis and we don't hear the outcry, wringing of hands, tears and ... more
- bushiepete on 78yo spends 2 hours having spasms on ... yes there were a lot of happy people who had drugs, grog,to much fun time and need to be baby sat by the police and ambos.. ... more
- Susan Williams on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Neil I have listened to your interview with Bridget O'Toole and I felt compelled to write to you. I was crying whilst ... more
- Mandi on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... The parle board and those responsible have blood on their hands again sadly I cant see things changing. more
- Craig on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... I do not generally believe in the death penalty, but there are 20 or 30 cases where the death penalty is warranted. This ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Has this CCTV caught a ghost? The Police should see this video it looks like a robber. more
- M. Patterson on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... As a friend of the family I have seen their grief firsthand and I am just so heartbroken because of the endless pain they ... more
- PJ on A wife's heartbreak: 'My life is ... Broke my heart listening to the agony and the anguish of Bridget. What a person she is to be still standing up after all ... more
- Lee McLean on The Rumour File even we didn't think ... The day my father died in a nursing home in footscray a carer walked up my mother and myself a stated now your father has ... more
Dick Smith ad too rude for TV?
Australian entrepreneur Dick Smith is fuming after an advertisement he filmed for Australia Day was deemed too offensive to air during prime-time television.
The tongue-in-cheek-ad, which references a 'dingo's donger' and other phallic-innuendos, also features an elderly woman saying 'there's only one dick I'll be eating on Australia day.'
Mr Smith also implores consumers to "chow down on my OzEnuts" and "shake my OzEsauce."
Asylum seekers are also portrayed coming ashore to be greeted by Smith with a handful of his own products.
"The taste is a beauty, why else would thousands be trying to get here?" he says in the ad.
Mr Smith said the advertisement is just good harmless fun and captures the best of Aussie humour.
He is currently considering legal action if the PG rating isn't revoked.
CONTENT WARNING: Some viewers may find the advertisement offensive
Well folks, looks like the majority couldn't handle the the thought of some respect, dignity free of rascism and sexsm would be a good thing for us Ozies. For those who were severely offended by asking us to step up, Good luck to ya Mate!Dave green Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 7:10 PM
Hey Dick - I am sorry to say that you have pushed an Amercanism in "chow down".
Refer to http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/92700.html
The phrase "chow down" originated in the U.S. military around WWII. The earliest printed citation on this site refers to The Hammond Times, December 1942, in a story about life on a submarine.
So Dick, not so Ozzie-mighty in your research!
Back to the tasty Yank-owned Vegemite for me.Jonesy Monday 28 January, 2013 - 1:23 PM
mylenes' comments can sometimes be amusing even if they left wing Labor but @mandy is just downright rude and insulting!GIW Monday 28 January, 2013 - 12:41 PM
Monica,I will give you a tip,focus in on what the subject is about and try to keep it together you've taken it to heart maybe you need to get some therapy I have every right to make a comment whether you like it or not so suck it up troll doll and get a life.mandy Monday 28 January, 2013 - 9:55 AM
Given that most tv adds are as boring as bat shit, I found this add to be about as Australian as you can get.
Funny, and entertaining. I love it. It's Dick 4 me!
Ha haPhil Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 2:30 PM
When will Dick introduce the Aussie condom? Dick's Ozzie frangers - got you fair dinkum covered.Ivan@kinnane Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 12:45 PM