- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- Police swarm on Bandidos club in murder investigation
- Council caught dumping waste
- Hughes in critical condition
- Woman swallowed by sinkhole
- Special pup for family's last Christmas
- Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
- Dennis on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... Apparantly Edihad is supplying food and drink to people affected by the fire. I hope they're not charging football prices. more
- Chris on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... With all the media and fire fighters the dock lands population must have doubled last night. more
- Chris on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Any smart person would have put a new seat on $20 at bunnings and when they leave put the broken one back on. more
- Gloria on 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla I had written a cheque yesterday for Yooralla Appeal, will not decide whether to post it or not until investigations are ... more
- andy on Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer good luck more
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
- greg on New-age helmet design I'm sure(NOT) that will prevent motorists from hitting cyclists. It's a dumb idea and the helmet is both hideous and ... more
Dick Smith ad too rude for TV?
Australian entrepreneur Dick Smith is fuming after an advertisement he filmed for Australia Day was deemed too offensive to air during prime-time television.
The tongue-in-cheek-ad, which references a 'dingo's donger' and other phallic-innuendos, also features an elderly woman saying 'there's only one dick I'll be eating on Australia day.'
Mr Smith also implores consumers to "chow down on my OzEnuts" and "shake my OzEsauce."
Asylum seekers are also portrayed coming ashore to be greeted by Smith with a handful of his own products.
"The taste is a beauty, why else would thousands be trying to get here?" he says in the ad.
Mr Smith said the advertisement is just good harmless fun and captures the best of Aussie humour.
He is currently considering legal action if the PG rating isn't revoked.
CONTENT WARNING: Some viewers may find the advertisement offensive
Well folks, looks like the majority couldn't handle the the thought of some respect, dignity free of rascism and sexsm would be a good thing for us Ozies. For those who were severely offended by asking us to step up, Good luck to ya Mate!Dave green Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 7:10 PM
Hey Dick - I am sorry to say that you have pushed an Amercanism in "chow down".
Refer to http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/92700.html
The phrase "chow down" originated in the U.S. military around WWII. The earliest printed citation on this site refers to The Hammond Times, December 1942, in a story about life on a submarine.
So Dick, not so Ozzie-mighty in your research!
Back to the tasty Yank-owned Vegemite for me.Jonesy Monday 28 January, 2013 - 1:23 PM
mylenes' comments can sometimes be amusing even if they left wing Labor but @mandy is just downright rude and insulting!GIW Monday 28 January, 2013 - 12:41 PM
Monica,I will give you a tip,focus in on what the subject is about and try to keep it together you've taken it to heart maybe you need to get some therapy I have every right to make a comment whether you like it or not so suck it up troll doll and get a life.mandy Monday 28 January, 2013 - 9:55 AM
Given that most tv adds are as boring as bat shit, I found this add to be about as Australian as you can get.
Funny, and entertaining. I love it. It's Dick 4 me!
Ha haPhil Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 2:30 PM
When will Dick introduce the Aussie condom? Dick's Ozzie frangers - got you fair dinkum covered.Ivan@kinnane Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 12:45 PM