- Mystery surrounds tip death
- Drug cartel sets up shop in Australia
- Police investigate woman's death
- Bombers battered in court
- Terror raids: Sydney man charged over terrorism plot
- Attempted tobacco smuggling ring busted in Port Melbourne
- RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard thief checking in for 'other matters' at police station
- McCartney responds to rift rumours
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Willow on Bombers battered in court About time, justice at last. A lesson to players for the future, do not take part in experiments just because your Club and ... more
- Aria Judillaa on Bombers battered in court Sorry Hird, but when people start challenging the validity of an investigation it's pretty obvious they have something to ... more
- Iain on Bombers battered in court I wonder if Essendon get it know..Justice Middleton is well respected and agrees they have a case to answer. Essendon: take ... more
- Stephen on Bombers battered in court Time to move on and draw a line under this by all sides. The evidence is not there or this would have been put to bed by ... more
- IBARKER on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Great result for the Person that had his Boards Stolen. more
- RFor on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... LOVE IT !!!Like the other one a few weeks ago- Pollys Questn. Suspect, he says no not me, shows his brothers I.D. - Pollys ... more
- Jodie O'Donovan on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... Sounds like the bloke who robbed my house while I was across the road at work, watching him. My husband ran to the house to ... more
- David T. on RUMOUR FILE: Victim finds surfboard ... This is one thief who is totally unsuited to his chosen career. more
- jgl Melb on Australian troops land in Middle East ... So the SAS are over there to "train" the locals...First;Didn't they get enough training when we and the Yanks were there the ... more
- Gloria on Body of toddler found in creek OMG, please all parents watch after your children, especially when near danger water. more
- Time for the TRUTH on Did we miss the train? The next train to the airport leaves Southern Cross Station in 2030, please mind 'the gap"!! more
- Michelle on Did we miss the train? I'm a liberal voter and think this advertising is just a waste of money and VERY unhelpful not to mention confusing for ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? Why not move the airport to Fisherman's Bend and a new suburb to Tullarmarine? The terminal could become a shopping centre ... more
- Lindsay Cowling on Did we miss the train? From plane to train in just 25 minutes? Just another example of the deceptive and misleading conduct this State Government ... more
- Ian Montgomery on Did we miss the train? I wonder if the 901 bus from the Airport to Broadmeadows station takes 25 minutes? Then the sign would be accurate though ... more
- Grant on Did we miss the train? As Victoria has pre-established election dates, wouldn't it be simple to just have moratorium on government related ... more
- mark on Did we miss the train? neil,you say the gov is spending millions on self promotion,but does 3aw take any of their money? more
- Cherie on Did we miss the train? It's nice to live in the worlds move livable city but if the government doesn't do something about employment, we wont be ... more
- poppitt on Labor trumps government's Geelong ... Where is he getting the money? Public Transport, all Schools, Ambulance workers (who deserve to be paid the best!) now ... more
- Chris on Man shot in hand, no suspects Reckon he might have just been letting of steam following the mighty Heidelberg footy clubs Grand Final win. more
Divinyls Star Chrissy Amphlett dies of cancer
Australian music legend Chrissy Amphlett has died of cancer aged 53 in New York.
The lead singer from the Divinyls was born in Geelong and in 2006 was inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame.
Amphlett was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010 and told Fairfax at the time the diagnosis had "thrown her for six".
"I'll get over it - I've got songs to sing, I've got stages to perform on. I'm a keep-on-going sort of girl,'' she said.
Because of her multiple sclerosis, Amphlett had said she was unable to receive radiation treatment for the cancer.
''It's shit and it's unfair, but life is not fair - even rock stars get breast cancer. But there've been many girls before me who have dealt with it successfully. It's easy to feel sorry for me but I feel sorry for people who are suffering it alone,'' she said.
LISTEN: Denis Walter, who went to High school with Chrissy, speaks to her in 2009
Australian music historian Glenn A. Baker spoke to Tom Elliott this afternoon, saying her death came as a complete surprise.
"Like so many formidable rockers, she seemed indestructible," he said.
"As every sort of young drunken lad who went to a gig and decided to give her some lip in the front row discovered, by the end of the first song they were usually cowering behind the mixing desk wondering what had hit them."
When Amphlett arrived on American shores, Baker said she took the US music scene by storm.
"To Americans, girl singers didn't act like that. Girl singers were ornamental and gentle. You might have had Janis Joplin, but apart from her, you didn't have females who came on like a locomotive train like Chrissy did."
Amphlett also proved to be a hit on stage, starring in the musical A boy from Oz and Blood Brothers, alongside Russell Crowe.
Amphlett lived in New York with her husband, former Divinyls drummer Charley Drayton.
- With 3AW News
LISTEN: Music Historian Glenn A Baker says Amphlett was one of a kind
Chrissy Amphlett best female singer evercol Tuesday 23 April, 2013 - 8:48 AM
GOD Bless you Chrissy thank you for the music Rest In PeaceMark Tuesday 23 April, 2013 - 8:34 AM
Not even our worst enemy deserves in their life time to be faced with one of these tragic diseases. Heaven has gained a beautiful singing angel, R.I.P. CHRISSY.Jillian Tuesday 23 April, 2013 - 8:16 AM
Australias original rock chick
A great lossGraeme Tuesday 23 April, 2013 - 7:28 AM
A true originalGreg Tuesday 23 April, 2013 - 6:13 AM
So sad you are gone Chrissy. Thank you for your wonderful music & the inspiration it gave to us. RIP. You will be missed.Cheryl Monday 22 April, 2013 - 10:49 PM