- GWS joins gay marriage debate
- Smoking cops 'not a good look'
- Sly's Policeman of the year award
- Husband's 'brutal' bludgeoning to stop wife moving
- The most powerful selfie ever?
- Bung case not limited to one man: Lay
- Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry assistance
- Concerns for missing 14-year-old
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- oh dear on GWS joins gay marriage debate what will Gay Western Sydney do next? support climate change legislation and asylum seekers? more
- mandy on Killer whales spotted in Western Port ... Don't tell those rednecks in W.A Peter Glee son,Greg Hunt,and the fisheries minister Troy Buswell they will want them culled ... more
- Steve on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... Why don't the government give all the money that goes to Indonesia to the car industry? charity begins at home or it should ... more
- jgl Melb on The most powerful selfie ever? South Africa can think themselves lucky Dubbya didn't invade the joint looking for WMD. more
- Chris on Man launches petition to reel in ... Typical feral female. more
- mylene on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... Hockey seems to be enjoying this. It's good to see someone so happy just doing their job. more
- Christine on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... It's time this industry stood on their own and stop threatening the Government. Same with the unions, get in the real ... more
- Catherine on The most powerful selfie ever? I find this action to be totally disrespectful. more
- GIW on Man launches petition to reel in ... How about petition for those who belive this feral idiot got what she deserved. more
- Erin on Man launches petition to reel in ... Why is the online petition now inactive. When I tried to complete the petition this morning it ends up disappearing. I, ... more
- Rupert on Man launches petition to reel in ... I use public transport regularly and I am amazed at the disrespect shown towards metro officers and authority in general. ... more
- Jester4212 on Man launches petition to reel in ... @William. I agree totally with your post. There is a total lack of respect for people in authority nowadays, even from the ... more
- Steve on Man launches petition to reel in ... As usual we have the arm chair experts giving their opinion on how to do something they are incapable of doing! As a ... more
- Rem-rom on 3AW finishes 2013 with superb result Neal , you are the best! I'm sure your legacy in radio will well and truly ! Be remembered ! more
- William Griffin on Man launches petition to reel in ... Daniel get a grip in your world everyone has rights but you forget about responsibilities and respect for authority and ... more
- Teyem on Myki confusion forces closure of ... Back when it was Metcard, we paid for our ticket and used it for the day and threw it out.. Correct?Now with Myki, aswell as ... more
- mark on 'I'll be treated like a terrorist': ... his friend who gave him his passport should be jailed until puneet returns ,he is just as guilty in my eyes more
- mandy on Two murdered with kids in the house Nobody knows whether these people were innocent until its been investigated Kath and the article never mentioned what you ... more
- Kath on Two murdered with kids in the house Oh my God. Please tell me you did not put "domestic violence" in inverted commas when talking about the slaughter of two ... more
- marcel on Sign of the times? its common in Box Hill and Glen Waverley to see real estate agents advertising properties in Mandarin(chinese). My mother ... more
Divinyls Star Chrissy Amphlett dies of cancer
Australian music legend Chrissy Amphlett has died of cancer aged 53 in New York.
The lead singer from the Divinyls was born in Geelong and in 2006 was inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame.
Amphlett was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010 and told Fairfax at the time the diagnosis had "thrown her for six".
"I'll get over it - I've got songs to sing, I've got stages to perform on. I'm a keep-on-going sort of girl,'' she said.
Because of her multiple sclerosis, Amphlett had said she was unable to receive radiation treatment for the cancer.
''It's shit and it's unfair, but life is not fair - even rock stars get breast cancer. But there've been many girls before me who have dealt with it successfully. It's easy to feel sorry for me but I feel sorry for people who are suffering it alone,'' she said.
LISTEN: Denis Walter, who went to High school with Chrissy, speaks to her in 2009
Australian music historian Glenn A. Baker spoke to Tom Elliott this afternoon, saying her death came as a complete surprise.
"Like so many formidable rockers, she seemed indestructible," he said.
"As every sort of young drunken lad who went to a gig and decided to give her some lip in the front row discovered, by the end of the first song they were usually cowering behind the mixing desk wondering what had hit them."
When Amphlett arrived on American shores, Baker said she took the US music scene by storm.
"To Americans, girl singers didn't act like that. Girl singers were ornamental and gentle. You might have had Janis Joplin, but apart from her, you didn't have females who came on like a locomotive train like Chrissy did."
Amphlett also proved to be a hit on stage, starring in the musical A boy from Oz and Blood Brothers, alongside Russell Crowe.
Amphlett lived in New York with her husband, former Divinyls drummer Charley Drayton.
- With 3AW News
LISTEN: Music Historian Glenn A Baker says Amphlett was one of a kind
Chrissy Amphlett best female singer evercol Tuesday 23 April, 2013 - 8:48 AM
GOD Bless you Chrissy thank you for the music Rest In PeaceMark Tuesday 23 April, 2013 - 8:34 AM
Not even our worst enemy deserves in their life time to be faced with one of these tragic diseases. Heaven has gained a beautiful singing angel, R.I.P. CHRISSY.Jillian Tuesday 23 April, 2013 - 8:16 AM
Australias original rock chick
A great lossGraeme Tuesday 23 April, 2013 - 7:28 AM
A true originalGreg Tuesday 23 April, 2013 - 6:13 AM
So sad you are gone Chrissy. Thank you for your wonderful music & the inspiration it gave to us. RIP. You will be missed.Cheryl Monday 22 April, 2013 - 10:49 PM