- Hird, Essendon have their days in court
- Eddie McGuire should quit: Jeff Kennett
- Bomb threat: School given all-clear
- Burnley Tunnel closed: Lucky escape in Monash truck fire
- Softened stance on sexting teens
- 'G, that's rough: Tigers unhappy
- Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no standing zone
- One dead in Tarneit crash
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IBARKER on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Tell him to walk and if he does he might loose one of those "CHINS". more
- Atticus on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... He parked put the front so that porky would not have to walk too far.Disgrace. more
- James on Caught out: Lord Mayor's car in no ... Why didn't 3AW give him a spot in the visitor car park if he is expected/a regular guest? more
- Bugs54 on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If you park your car on the nature strip the council will say it's their land and fine you,yet they want you to mow it and ... more
- Mr Gararth on Monash Council to fine you for not ... No wonder Rudd dropped Geoff Lake as the candidate for Hotham last year. Get out of our lives local government! more
- KANE on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Melbournians are going to be 'Taxed, Dutied, Priced, Tar riffed, Levied, Excised, Pork Barreled OUT OF EXISTANCE!!! more
- Geoff on Monash Council to fine you for not ... Easy solution to the problem. If the council don't want to look after their own land ie the nature strips, just give the ... more
- mylene on Monash Council to fine you for not ... If Darebin council tried this they'd make a billion dollars before the sun went down. more
- bc on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' get WADA to come in over the top and give the killer blow stuff the AFL and hird and doctor little more
- Rod on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' What's Paul Little talking about. They have only been in court for 3 days. If Essendon don't get some sort of penalty, Then ... more
- Mooroolbark Mick on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' "Swepped" indicates the level of intelligence we have in this debate. I give up! more
- Peter Flynn on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Yes we the footy public do want to know and if the Essendon Football Club and James Hird were not gagged maybe we would. And ... more
- Docklands on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Show Cause Notices Issued.Essendon shows bokk of what was given and on what dates and to who ?Notices withdrawn. What has ... more
- Arthur Hiliard on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' If these footy "sportsman" have nothing to hide they should be welcoming any investigation! Seems they're a bit shocked to ... more
- David on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' We haven't got deal fatigue. We want to see Essendon held to account. Let the charges be heard! The public wants to see ... more
- iain on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' More political interference is not what is required here. We need allegations of doping heard and either cleared or ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' This is a waste of taxpayers money the courts have more urgent cases to deal with. more
- Sid on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' Guilty as sin but not an iota of evidence or positive test to support these claims?Everyone has a problem saying the Bombers ... more
- Christine on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' For people who actively listen, and have no agenda, Paul Little has conducted himself impeccably throughout this drawn-out ... more
- Nigel on Essendon looks for 'circuit breaker' No Mr Little, the whole community hasn't got deal fatigue, it's sick and tired of Essendonâ?¢ trying to stall/block ... more
Divinyls Star Chrissy Amphlett dies of cancer
Australian music legend Chrissy Amphlett has died of cancer aged 53 in New York.
The lead singer from the Divinyls was born in Geelong and in 2006 was inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame.
Amphlett was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010 and told Fairfax at the time the diagnosis had "thrown her for six".
"I'll get over it - I've got songs to sing, I've got stages to perform on. I'm a keep-on-going sort of girl,'' she said.
Because of her multiple sclerosis, Amphlett had said she was unable to receive radiation treatment for the cancer.
''It's shit and it's unfair, but life is not fair - even rock stars get breast cancer. But there've been many girls before me who have dealt with it successfully. It's easy to feel sorry for me but I feel sorry for people who are suffering it alone,'' she said.
LISTEN: Denis Walter, who went to High school with Chrissy, speaks to her in 2009
Australian music historian Glenn A. Baker spoke to Tom Elliott this afternoon, saying her death came as a complete surprise.
"Like so many formidable rockers, she seemed indestructible," he said.
"As every sort of young drunken lad who went to a gig and decided to give her some lip in the front row discovered, by the end of the first song they were usually cowering behind the mixing desk wondering what had hit them."
When Amphlett arrived on American shores, Baker said she took the US music scene by storm.
"To Americans, girl singers didn't act like that. Girl singers were ornamental and gentle. You might have had Janis Joplin, but apart from her, you didn't have females who came on like a locomotive train like Chrissy did."
Amphlett also proved to be a hit on stage, starring in the musical A boy from Oz and Blood Brothers, alongside Russell Crowe.
Amphlett lived in New York with her husband, former Divinyls drummer Charley Drayton.
- With 3AW News
LISTEN: Music Historian Glenn A Baker says Amphlett was one of a kind
Chrissy Amphlett best female singer evercol Tuesday 23 April, 2013 - 8:48 AM
GOD Bless you Chrissy thank you for the music Rest In PeaceMark Tuesday 23 April, 2013 - 8:34 AM
Not even our worst enemy deserves in their life time to be faced with one of these tragic diseases. Heaven has gained a beautiful singing angel, R.I.P. CHRISSY.Jillian Tuesday 23 April, 2013 - 8:16 AM
Australias original rock chick
A great lossGraeme Tuesday 23 April, 2013 - 7:28 AM
A true originalGreg Tuesday 23 April, 2013 - 6:13 AM
So sad you are gone Chrissy. Thank you for your wonderful music & the inspiration it gave to us. RIP. You will be missed.Cheryl Monday 22 April, 2013 - 10:49 PM