- Condition of sinkhole victim worsens
- 'Kids will give cricket away'
- Police swarm on Bandidos club in murder investigation
- Council caught dumping waste
- Hughes in critical condition
- Woman swallowed by sinkhole
- Special pup for family's last Christmas
- Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Susan on Special pup for family's last Christmas As Marie said I hope the new pup brings JOY to the family maybe they should rename it Joy 0r Faith or Hope but Pixie's cute ... more
- Carol on Special pup for family's last Christmas Well Done Neil!!This family are well deserving of this money and puppy!! Had me in years all morning! Beautiful bittersweet ... more
- jgl Melb on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo A visit to the nearest Bunnings would've sorted this earth shattering problem.Then again the complainant wouldn't have ... more
- kes from central victoria on Special pup for family's last Christmas Wow, amazing. Just when you think nobody cares this happens....such sad circumstances when the bulldog pup,who is just ... more
- Debs on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo What a crock of shite. You mean to say to me this guy couldn't go to Bunnings/Masters and fork out a measly $30 for a new ... more
- Marie on Special pup for family's last Christmas I cannot believe how this family have managed over the years with 2 of their 3 children so very sick. Being a mum myself I ... more
- Cere on Special pup for family's last Christmas Most amazing and so sad well done to Neil and everyone. The puppy is so beautiful and I know she will give all her love ... more
- Roma Vaccaro on Special pup for family's last Christmas I hope this little angel in the form of a pup brings the family much love and laughter. What a horrible thing for any ... more
- Debbie on Special pup for family's last Christmas Awesome response to an amazing family So happy they have a lil pup, she will certainly be very loved more
- Donny Blake on Special pup for family's last Christmas What a gorgeous little pup and will definitely go to a great home, although I am an one eyed boxer girl. more
- Tarielle on Special pup for family's last Christmas This little girl is absolutely gorgeous. What a very special gift she is. I hope she brings Sam and Ashley much love and ... more
- Andrea Murphy on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Maybe Riley has to turn the other cheek! more
- Dennis on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... Apparantly Edihad is supplying food and drink to people affected by the fire. I hope they're not charging football prices. more
- Chris on Hundreds flee burning city apartment ... With all the media and fire fighters the dock lands population must have doubled last night. more
- Chris on Tenant wins $1K over crappy loo Any smart person would have put a new seat on $20 at bunnings and when they leave put the broken one back on. more
- Gloria on 'Corruption, abuse' and Yooralla I had written a cheque yesterday for Yooralla Appeal, will not decide whether to post it or not until investigations are ... more
- andy on Mark Williams diagnosed with cancer good luck more
- jgl Melb on Clive Palmer spits the dummy The punters are starting to twig to Clive (no I haven't s--t myself I only walk like it) Palmer. more
- Stephen on Clive Palmer spits the dummy This is what our stupid voting system gets us. Idiots voted in on hand full of votes and a bucket load of preferences that ... more
- greg on New-age helmet design I'm sure(NOT) that will prevent motorists from hitting cyclists. It's a dumb idea and the helmet is both hideous and ... more
Divinyls Star Chrissy Amphlett dies of cancer
Australian music legend Chrissy Amphlett has died of cancer aged 53 in New York.
The lead singer from the Divinyls was born in Geelong and in 2006 was inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame.
Amphlett was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010 and told Fairfax at the time the diagnosis had "thrown her for six".
"I'll get over it - I've got songs to sing, I've got stages to perform on. I'm a keep-on-going sort of girl,'' she said.
Because of her multiple sclerosis, Amphlett had said she was unable to receive radiation treatment for the cancer.
''It's shit and it's unfair, but life is not fair - even rock stars get breast cancer. But there've been many girls before me who have dealt with it successfully. It's easy to feel sorry for me but I feel sorry for people who are suffering it alone,'' she said.
LISTEN: Denis Walter, who went to High school with Chrissy, speaks to her in 2009
Australian music historian Glenn A. Baker spoke to Tom Elliott this afternoon, saying her death came as a complete surprise.
"Like so many formidable rockers, she seemed indestructible," he said.
"As every sort of young drunken lad who went to a gig and decided to give her some lip in the front row discovered, by the end of the first song they were usually cowering behind the mixing desk wondering what had hit them."
When Amphlett arrived on American shores, Baker said she took the US music scene by storm.
"To Americans, girl singers didn't act like that. Girl singers were ornamental and gentle. You might have had Janis Joplin, but apart from her, you didn't have females who came on like a locomotive train like Chrissy did."
Amphlett also proved to be a hit on stage, starring in the musical A boy from Oz and Blood Brothers, alongside Russell Crowe.
Amphlett lived in New York with her husband, former Divinyls drummer Charley Drayton.
- With 3AW News
LISTEN: Music Historian Glenn A Baker says Amphlett was one of a kind
Chrissy Amphlett best female singer evercol Tuesday 23 April, 2013 - 8:48 AM
GOD Bless you Chrissy thank you for the music Rest In PeaceMark Tuesday 23 April, 2013 - 8:34 AM
Not even our worst enemy deserves in their life time to be faced with one of these tragic diseases. Heaven has gained a beautiful singing angel, R.I.P. CHRISSY.Jillian Tuesday 23 April, 2013 - 8:16 AM
Australias original rock chick
A great lossGraeme Tuesday 23 April, 2013 - 7:28 AM
A true originalGreg Tuesday 23 April, 2013 - 6:13 AM
So sad you are gone Chrissy. Thank you for your wonderful music & the inspiration it gave to us. RIP. You will be missed.Cheryl Monday 22 April, 2013 - 10:49 PM