- GWS joins gay marriage debate
- Smoking cops 'not a good look'
- Sly's Policeman of the year award
- Husband's 'brutal' bludgeoning to stop wife moving
- The most powerful selfie ever?
- Bung case not limited to one man: Lay
- Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry assistance
- Concerns for missing 14-year-old
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- bc on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... ask mud guts hockey to take a pay cut not on your life buddy neil ask hockey how much is it costing the tax payers flying ... more
- double standards for coppers on Smoking cops 'not a good look' Former Victoria Police detective Charlie Bezzina, who has(had) 38 years experience in force, says sometimes internal police ... more
- wayne on Having issues streaming 3AW? I listen to the ABC because I still cant get any Fairfax Stations at all and the computer is two years old FIX IT more
- bigmoralcopper on Man launches petition to reel in ... Perhaps if this Steve, who by his own admission was employed for over thirty years constant,was made to follow the ... more
- oh dear on GWS joins gay marriage debate what will Gay Western Sydney do next? support climate change legislation and asylum seekers? more
- mandy on Killer whales spotted in Western Port ... Don't tell those rednecks in W.A Peter Glee son,Greg Hunt,and the fisheries minister Troy Buswell they will want them culled ... more
- Will on Face-bong: Online drug market On Neils show today it was mentioned that 5 people had been put in intensive care this week using the fake synthetic ... more
- Steve on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... Why don't the government give all the money that goes to Indonesia to the car industry? charity begins at home or it should ... more
- Steve on Preston road rage caught on camera Morons; like this bloke should lose their license good chance he may have been on drugs the rear number plate is visible so ... more
- Pradman on Preston road rage caught on camera '....she was punched in the face by a cyclist.' after she did an illegal u-turn on Beach Road. more
- Aria Judilla on Preston road rage caught on camera I'm just waiting for all the usual feral drivers to start cheering on the braindead ute driver because the other car ... more
- jgl Melb on The most powerful selfie ever? South Africa can think themselves lucky Dubbya didn't invade the joint looking for WMD. more
- Chris on Man launches petition to reel in ... Typical feral female. more
- mylene on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... Hockey seems to be enjoying this. It's good to see someone so happy just doing their job. more
- Joseph Logan on Husband's 'brutal' bludgeoning to stop ... So Judge thinks it is "selfish, egotistical and controlling to love and want three children? The woman was taking the 3 to ... more
- Christine on Joe Hockey won't budge on car industry ... It's time this industry stood on their own and stop threatening the Government. Same with the unions, get in the real ... more
- Catherine on The most powerful selfie ever? I find this action to be totally disrespectful. more
- Gloss on Baby Daniel 'gagged, tied, kept in a ... The mother knew her son was being tortured and did NOTHING because she was frightened. Come on, how frightened was her poor ... more
- GIW on Man launches petition to reel in ... How about petition for those who belive this feral idiot got what she deserved. more
- kezza on 'Livelihood' stolen while family slept these guys not only have had their livelihood stolen, but have battled to recover since the devastating Black Saturday ... more
Does size matter? Not at Subway
Social media is currently buzzing with criticism of global Sandwich chain Subway after a Perth man snapped a photo of his 11-inch 'Footlong' Sub.
Last week Australian Matt Corby posted the now-infamous photo on Subway's Facebook page with the caption "pls respond". By Thursday afternoon the post had more than 129,000 "likes" and had been shared over 3700 times.
The sandwich chain dug itself in a deeper hole when it responded to Matt's complaint by stating the 'Footlong' was a branded name and not intended to be a 'measurement of length.'
"Looking at the photo doing the rounds, showing a slightly undersized sub, this bread clearly is not baked to our standards,'' the company said.
"With regards to the size of the bread and calling it a footlong, 'Subway Footlong' is a registered trademark as a descriptive name for the sub sold in Subway restaurants and not intended to be a measurement of length."
The response has been labelled by many consumers as one of the worst PR spins in recent memory.
Matt Corby's Facebook photo of the offending 11-inch footlong. Photo: Facebook
Dr Paul Harrison, Chair of Consumer Behaviour at Deakin University said Subway got itself into a bit of a pickle.
"That's the problem with these trademark names, if you use a name like footlong which is in common usage, you're creating real problems for yourself.
"Subway should be saying sorry, we mucked up and next time we'll do better than a footlong," Dr. Harrison told Tom Elliott on Drive.
Others speculate a conspiracy is in play and Subway is deliberately cutting an inch off their sandwiches to save millions of dollars per year.
Why not stop the trick photography used by McDonald's on how big there sandwiches are. They portray them as if you can't get your mouth around them and actually are 1/2 that size!Dumbfounded Friday 25 January, 2013 - 2:27 AM
@Gazza Tuesday 22 January, 2013 - 3:53 PM
With a quarter pounder you put on at least a quarter pound in the hips. With a footlong you don't grow 12 inches.Stanley Wednesday 23 January, 2013 - 4:52 PM
Just about everything they say about themselves isn't true. Even their name....they're nothing like an underground railway.Eddy Wednesday 23 January, 2013 - 9:48 AM
I don't even go there, went once got ripped off never been back, but this is a common scam that has been going on for years, the people who think it is a conspiracy to gain further revenue are correct. I recall when I was a kid just how big certain lollies were, check the size of them now and they have depleted by 50% yet the price has gone up.... what else is there for people to believe?.Terry Tuesday 22 January, 2013 - 7:57 PM
Pleeeeeze, it is a bloody bread roll NOT a life and death situation as some of you would have us believe, over reaction from fast food haters, go get a life you silly people.GIW Tuesday 22 January, 2013 - 4:23 PM
Has anyone weighed a quarter pounder,I'm sure the result will stun the world!!Gazza Tuesday 22 January, 2013 - 3:53 PM